Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 165183 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #701 on: January 06, 2012, 10:07:04 AM »
where's vince

Times have changed... In the gym on any given day there are guys who are much better developed than the 3 in that picture... in fact, if those 3 were to appear in any gym today, they would go unnoticed. Not saying they weren't in shape for their time, just that times have changed..

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #702 on: January 06, 2012, 10:22:50 AM »
If you put Vince Spazall in a retirement home, he would look like he belonged ther, but would not standout.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #703 on: January 06, 2012, 11:34:22 AM »
Ok Vince, I did an "experiment" rather similar to yours this past spring/summer and here are a few things that I "discovered"

1. Muscle growth is localized, as I did just train arms for awhile (without any torso work) and my arms did increase in size a bit, but my torso didn't change

2. Once you lose a good amount of fat and water, you will lose a good amount of arm size as well. For example, at my recent biggest/fattest I had a 38 inch waist and my arms were just a tad over 16 inch arms, and then when I finally did get myself fairly lean my waist was down to 29.5 inches, but my arms shrunk down to 14.25 inches :'( :'( :'(

(again, those were my own personal experiences)

I'm a 34' waist at the moment with arms touching 16 inch. I really don't want to go any lower in body fat as the same would happen to me. Everything gets smaller. It's a bitch. Perhaps I'll give Vince's theory a try.  ;D

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #704 on: January 06, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »
Another bullshit cop-out from this old fart.

Pushing 70 and too stupid to modify training poundage's ( 8 plates on lying triceps extensions . . . four 5's a side maybe.) Pushing 70 and too dumb to do cardio and wonders why he is not losing fat. Pushing 70 and training arms every day . . . all this an no pics.

This chump has been a pain in the ass from day one with his BS,  starting with pics of his grip strength over on ironage years ago.

Put up or shut up, pops.

THE BEEF

LOL, you're a funny kunt!!! He is a retard alright, that's for sure

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #705 on: January 06, 2012, 03:14:04 PM »
LOL, you're a funny kunt!!! He is a retard alright, that's for sure

Big IrishDave, THE BEEF likes your style.

THE BEEF

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #706 on: January 06, 2012, 03:38:06 PM »
At your age, you probably should consume around 1400-1600 calories max to get ripped.  You will also live a lot longer if you do this now.

Agreed.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #707 on: January 06, 2012, 04:01:08 PM »
LOL at the flotsam trying to get revenge because I hurt their feelings.
When I say 8 plates I mean the 5kg plates on most of my machines that I made. I went metric. 5kg = 11 pounds. The 8 plates included the top bearing housings and the center pin so the that would weigh about 100 pounds all up. The most I have used in that movement was 9 plates. It is a very strict movement because there are adjustable side pads to keep your arms from going outwards.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #708 on: January 06, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »
When I say 8 plates I mean the 5kg plates on most of my machines that I made. I went metric. 5kg = 11 pounds. The 8 plates included the top bearing housings and the center pin so the that would weigh about 100 pounds all up. The most I have used in that movement was 9 plates. It is a very strict movement because there are adjustable side pads to keep your arms from going outwards.

90 pounds!!!!!!!!! my God, you're a 1952 Mr. Canada winning animal!!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #709 on: January 06, 2012, 04:04:23 PM »
Lol@ trying to "pack on the mass" at 70 years old  :D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #710 on: January 06, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
Lol@ trying to "pack on the mass" at 70 years old  :D
lol.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #711 on: January 06, 2012, 04:05:05 PM »

^The reason you got hurt!^

j_mtl

• Getbig II
« Reply #712 on: January 06, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »
some synthol in there will get you all the honeyz!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #713 on: January 06, 2012, 04:21:08 PM »
I'm a 34' waist at the moment with arms touching 16 inch. I really don't want to go any lower in body fat as the same would happen to me. Everything gets smaller. It's a bitch. Perhaps I'll give Vince's theory a try.  ;D

did your dick get smaller as well? :)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #714 on: January 07, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »
Pellius, I will not submit to the chemical gurus and all the nonsense that they suggest. The chemical path is unproven and certain folly for longevity and health. There are no studies supporting the chemical protocols that you are suggesting and you should hang your head in shame that you were recruited by the evil forces in bodybuilding.

We have the shotgun approach of the chemical cavaliers. No thanks to any of that crap. I have a mission that is far more important and infinitely more noble. We have to save our youth from the dangerous shortcuts proposed by gh15 and others who have no sense or shame. There is a better way to muscle size and I have outlined it on this forum. Why others do not subscribe to it indicates how brainwashed they are. Not one individual here has the capacity to assess my theory and apply it to natural bodybuilding. A few that might be capable are completely brainwashed so fail to see the sense that I have outlined. Nothing short of a complete overhaul of concepts, ideas, theories and methods will save our sport. It is contaminated almost beyond any capacity to be rescued. I plod onward because I have a strange destiny and march to the beat of my own drum. What seems clear and logical to me completely escapes even the above average on the forum. That really is surprising. Then again, I have learned that even university people are mistaken about hypertrophy and have also failed to see the truth that should be obvious once pointed in the right direction. It is almost comical that so many are blind.

I hope to be in Hawaii sometime this year after I visit Canada in the summer over there.

"The chemical path is unproven and certain folly for longevity and health. There are no studies supporting the chemical protocols that you are suggesting and you should hang your head in shame that you were recruited by the evil forces in bodybuilding."

Wow! Just wow!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #715 on: January 07, 2012, 12:04:40 AM »
What a self-righteous windbag. Friends and family must shudder to see your name on their call display.

Now that was funny!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #716 on: January 07, 2012, 01:07:30 AM »
It is almost embarrassing interacting with the flotsam. Knuckleheads populate this forum and delight in supporting each other's shortcomings. I venture forth convinced by decades experimenting and analyzing the requirements for maximum hypertrophy. My generous nature compels me to share my theories with others but instead of comprehending my ideas the self-styled experts reject them wholesale. I gain no purchase in the shallow closed minds of the wannabe muscle heads. The din generated by the collective nobodies is thunderous. Why on earth I bother is a mystery. You guys wouldn't recognize the truth if it hit you in the face.
I am training arms to demonstrate that the principles are right. This has been established more than once.

embarrassing as it is you are still desperately seeking the validation of the "flotsam"

what does that say about you
T

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #717 on: January 07, 2012, 01:14:56 AM »
Lots of brutal truths in this thread.
P

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #718 on: January 07, 2012, 02:55:42 AM »
embarrassing as it is you are still desperately seeking the validation of the "flotsam"

what does that say about you

ROFL, BINGO!!!!

And again Vince is wrong, 5 kg's = 11.0231131 lbs ::)

THE BEEF

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #719 on: January 07, 2012, 03:00:20 AM »
At your age, you probably should consume around 1400-1600 calories max to get ripped.  You will also live a lot longer if you do this now.

If this is true, then THE BEEF suggests Vince eats twice this recommended amount which will free the flotsam in half the time.

THE BEEF

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #720 on: January 07, 2012, 03:09:39 AM »
Seeing as how this thread is about bodybuilding in the later years,heres a pic from this week of 65 year old UK bodybuilder Bernie Cooper,now thats inspiration. :(

Vince once told Frank Zane that he was better then him. Now, here's Bernie only 3 1/3 years younger then Vince . . . does this mean Bernie would have been the best built man in history?

THE BEEF

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #721 on: January 07, 2012, 03:24:06 AM »
FLOTSAM

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #722 on: January 07, 2012, 04:11:43 AM »
FLOTSAM

Is Vince the most experienced bb'er on getbig??

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #723 on: January 07, 2012, 05:08:28 AM »
He is also the 2nd best arm wrestler around.

THE BEEF

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #724 on: January 07, 2012, 11:47:37 AM »

Vince once told Frank Zane that he was better then him. Now, here's Bernie only 3 1/3 years younger then Vince . . . does this mean Bernie would have been the best built man in history?

THE BEEF

Admirable build on Bernie. The hairstyle is a little "out there" to me. Still, as you say, he's an inspiration to those of us trying to stay fit as we get older.