Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 163576 times)

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #800 on: January 09, 2012, 11:37:25 PM »
Vince, you must be the oldest troll on the internet

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #801 on: January 10, 2012, 04:41:38 AM »
Look, fellas, this is an experiment, not a $@#*!#% bodybuilding display. The first stage is to get bigger. That is easy up to a point then not so easy because of injuries. Getting rid of fat is also a challenge when over 60. I have never tried to do both at the same time. Guys like Pellius are lean but don't look like bodybuilders. Guys like me are much bigger and have the potential, once cut up, to look like we lifted weights. So stop all this fat nonsense and who looks like they have trained. I am half way there. I probably underestimated how long it would take to reach this goal. Every injury wipes a couple of months off the pursuit. I will be training arms again today. I actually look forward to training now and that hasn't happened since 1998 or so. I have established that DOMS training can be done for several months at a time on a specific muscle. This is good to know. These facts do not register with the know-it-all experts on all these muscle forums. The brains of the flotsam are impervious to new knowledge.

I don't need artificial hormones, vitamins or any other substances. That is what I will demonstrate. The generated hypertrophy will provide sufficient growth hormone for my needs.

I already did this Vince, ie. get bigger arms first, and then get lean while keeping the bigger arms. But it doesn't work that way in practice, as my arms shrunk down over an inch on each arm, once I finally lost the excess water and fat.

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #802 on: January 10, 2012, 04:45:01 AM »
Being lean looks good on the beach. I accept that. Pellius needs another 20 or 30 pounds to look like a bodybuilder.

so what do you look like if pellius has copious amounts more muscle than you right now?

you. are. fat.

it is the only reason a tape measure goes around that christmas ham of yours for an arm, 18 inches.

you are getting fatter. not putting on muscle.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #803 on: January 10, 2012, 05:00:26 AM »
Being lean looks good on the beach. I accept that. Pellius needs another 20 or 30 pounds to look like a bodybuilder.

Frankly, another 20 muscular lbs. wouldn't have hurt your physique in 1970, Vince.  And you'll think me crazy for saying so, but if he were to compete against your tip-top condition, you'd lose in a modern bodybuilding contest. 

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #804 on: January 10, 2012, 05:31:30 AM »
Pellius' fighting is a billion times cooler than being "bigger" or what ever shit.
Could be somewhat fatter to look healthier, but everybody has different genes.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #805 on: January 10, 2012, 05:50:30 AM »
Pellius' fighting is a billion times cooler than being "bigger" or what ever shit.
Could be somewhat fatter to look healthier, but everybody has different genes.

Got too agree, better to be "all round fit". What's the point of being massive and breathing out your arse climbing stairs? I go myself for the all round fitness. I think at Vincent's age that would be better. I must say Vincent you take all the abuse with good humour. The combination of weight training and MMA is perfect. I love the feel of weight training and i also love doing ving tsun training. A bit of muscle is always good, got to say Pellius looks in outstanding condition.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #806 on: January 10, 2012, 05:57:07 AM »
As you know, I'm not a muscle head at heart. I live on this board because it is way more than a bodybuilding board. The people and topics on here are unlike anything on the net. Like all kids growing up I wanted to be strong and have big muscles but by the time I got in my early to mid twenties the passion died. I began to suspect that bodybuilding as a sport was a fraud and corrupt after Franco beat Padilla and Platz in '81. I was on my way out anyway and this was the final push. And beside, big muscles, and I mean competitive bodybuilder type size, has become a joke now to the general public. It's become a weird cult and repulses normal people. I like looking ordinary in clothes and get by on my engaging personality and roguish charm. But it is flattering when I was at the beach a couple of weeks ago for a beach party and when we were heading out to the surf and I casually but sensually peeled of my Ed Hardy T-Shirt to have one of the young americana whores look at me and say, "Damn! I didn't know you were so jacked," and want to feel my arms (albeit a measly 15 inches).

Of course they don't have the trained and seasoned eyes as you do and their standards are much lower but it does give me a brief and always fleeting "yeah, how do you like me now, bitches?" feeling.

So no bulking for me and always glittering thong ready year round.
I'm guessing you're a Dos Equis kinda guy.    ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #807 on: January 10, 2012, 01:17:39 PM »
Got too agree, better to be "all round fit". What's the point of being massive and breathing out your arse climbing stairs? I go myself for the all round fitness. I think at Vincent's age that would be better. I must say Vincent you take all the abuse with good humour. The combination of weight training and MMA is perfect. I love the feel of weight training and i also love doing ving tsun training. A bit of muscle is always good, got to say Pellius looks in outstanding condition.

It is a greater challenge to be fit (as in lean) for most folks as we age. The norm is that we add some fat as we get older. Look around, you see a lot more older men and women who are fat than you see lean and fit folks. However, when one spends most of their life trying to get big and muscular, it is hard to change your focus to working out to be lean, cut and fit.

For the most part, unless you are lucky enough to live in a really warm climate and hang out at the beach all the time, you wear clothes. Clothes look better on folks who are lean then they do on larger folks. Face it, most of the huge pro bodybuilders today look like crap in clothes even when they are custom made to their unique physiques.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #808 on: January 10, 2012, 01:33:46 PM »
If Vince was as smart as he says and thinks he is,he would lose all that excess flab first,then try to gain muscle, or do both at the same time instead of just trying to get bigger.

You are plain old fat, and any size you have is just added to your already fat body, so it`s almost damn near impossible to tell how much is muscle,if any,and how much is just more bodyfat.

Eat clean,train your whole body with moderate weight,less rest between sets,and eat clean food,with plenty of water.

How simple is that,not very simple at all because it takes a lot of consistancy and dedication............. something I think Vince is lacking in bigtime.

Any idiot can work arms and eat like shit, but try training 6 days a week and eating clean..........almost impossible for tons of so called bodybuilders.

Pellius would have easily beaten Vince in 1970 if he looks like he looks today and Vince was in his Mr. Canada condition.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #809 on: January 10, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
Pellius has cuts but his shape and size leaves a lot to be desired. He gets compliments but will never win a bodybuilding title.

I know why so many have resentment. They train but little or nothing happens. Same thing just about all the time. I used to be like that. After years of no gains you worry about losing what you have but have no clue about getting bigger. Oh, the drugs are a possibility but there goes your health and integrity. That is a lot to pay for artificial muscles. Mine have stayed with me over the years but I paid my dues and lifted long and heavy. I guess I would have continued like I was going for the rest of my life. Luckily for me I discovered the secret to bigger muscles about 14 years ago. It wasn't obvious and I must say I was surprised because the very thing that was important was what most of us try to avoid. That darn DOMS soreness. We even introduced members to weight training by avoiding any possible soreness. Just one set per bodypart. It wasn't in the literature and no one had written about DOMS that I was aware of. With so many people training there must have been guys here and there who also figured this out.

If you don't embrace this principle then you will be like the multitudes...the ignorant flotsam. Nothing wrong with being part of the great unwashed but there is no reason to remain in the dark. Guys like Pellius have missed this principle. He still ingests all that protein and whatever for? Old theories and ideas linger because people need to believe in something. So they adopt what everyone else believes. Ah, so predictable. Few are pioneers and fewer are able to do independent thinking so that they can discover new things.

Wes means well. Why he insists I abandon reason and embrace the ideology of knuckleheads is beyond my comprehension. I know what to do. It is a formula. I merely have to apply it in a consistent and safe fashion and voila, larger muscles. Diet isn't as important as many believe. Again, we find unthinking bodybuilders who have done little or no proper study of nutrition. If they did they would be able to save money on food and supplements. You see, you won't know how valuable your beliefs are until you abandon them. You can't abandon what you believe because then what do you have left? So enjoy blasting away and staying the same. No thanks. Can you even imagine my dismay at having to argue with bona fide dimwits when it comes to hypertrophy theory?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #810 on: January 10, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »
Vince,I do mean well and I think my advice is spot on.....it has worked for thousands and will work for you too and as a result you will look far better overall,not just 'armwise",and be leaner.

As far as your 1970 physique goes,you looked great but you are no bigger than pellius is today and he is far more defined than you were in the contest.

Also,not everyone can get huge or wants to due to genetics, and IMO,you did not get really big at all at your best either.

Not knocking you,as I said you looked great and won a national title,nothing to sneer at, but you at your age should concentrate on getting leaner and not just having bigger shapeless arms.

At any rate,keep pumping,glad you are back at it,your approach is just wrong!!

runs for cover  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #811 on: January 10, 2012, 02:35:47 PM »
Pellius has cuts but his shape and size leaves a lot to be desired. He gets compliments but will never win a bodybuilding title.

I know why so many have resentment. They train but little or nothing happens. Same thing just about all the time. I used to be like that. After years of no gains you worry about losing what you have but have no clue about getting bigger. Oh, the drugs are a possibility but there goes your health and integrity. That is a lot to pay for artificial muscles. Mine have stayed with me over the years but I paid my dues and lifted long and heavy. I guess I would have continued like I was going for the rest of my life. Luckily for me I discovered the secret to bigger muscles about 14 years ago. It wasn't obvious and I must say I was surprised because the very thing that was important was what most of us try to avoid. That darn DOMS soreness. We even introduced members to weight training by avoiding any possible soreness. Just one set per bodypart. It wasn't in the literature and no one had written about DOMS that I was aware of. With so many people training there must have been guys here and there who also figured this out.

If you don't embrace this principle then you will be like the multitudes...the ignorant flotsam. Nothing wrong with being part of the great unwashed but there is no reason to remain in the dark. Guys like Pellius have missed this principle. He still ingests all that protein and whatever for? Old theories and ideas linger because people need to believe in something. So they adopt what everyone else believes. Ah, so predictable. Few are pioneers and fewer are able to do independent thinking so that they can discover new things.

Wes means well. Why he insists I abandon reason and embrace the ideology of knuckleheads is beyond my comprehension. I know what to do. It is a formula. I merely have to apply it in a consistent and safe fashion and voila, larger muscles. Diet isn't as important as many believe. Again, we find unthinking bodybuilders who have done little or no proper study of nutrition. If they did they would be able to save money on food and supplements. You see, you won't know how valuable your beliefs are until you abandon them. You can't abandon what you believe because then what do you have left? So enjoy blasting away and staying the same. No thanks. Can you even imagine my dismay at having to argue with bona fide dimwits when it comes to hypertrophy theory?

Imbasile post proprietary mix:

Condescension: 34%
Pretension: 40%
Delusion: 20%

Poor grammar and syntax: 6%

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #812 on: January 10, 2012, 02:37:45 PM »

so I'm assuming the grade would be F?

:D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #813 on: January 10, 2012, 02:39:54 PM »

;D

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #814 on: January 10, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
vince do you believe you currently have a better physique than pellius

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #815 on: January 10, 2012, 03:24:34 PM »
it seems like vince's advice on nutrition is not completely wrong and close to the truth (about protein being far less important than alot of people think) but I still can't understand what his unique training methods are?

Vince do you think your machines you have built would produce greater results than training progressively and with serious intent with compound movements? (squats, deadlifts, bench, row, chinups etc) Cause time and time again it has been proven by experience that nothing beats good old fashioned barbells and dumbells.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #816 on: January 10, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
About specific stimuli for hypertrophy. Do the muscles know if we are using machines or free weights? So as long as the stimulus is sufficient, hypertrophy will follow. The trouble with free weights for triceps is they get dangerous when you lift heavier weights. Elbows get sore and training has to be modified or stopped. The pressdown movements are good up to a point then no further growth happensThis is my experience. I can't say if that applies to everyone. Everyone natural I would say. What I have found is the lying extension machine is superior to anything else I have done. It requires side pads to keep the elbows close to the head. You can't imagine how many cheat even on this excellent exercise. That is human nature because the muscleheads believe they will grow if they use heavier weights. The trick is to put the muscle under severe mechanical tension and you cannot cheat and be effective. Once you start cheating you recruit other muscles and the target muscle misses out on direct tension sufficient to grow.

My biceps supinator is unique in that you can add weight to the supination or twisting movement independent of the curling movement. I would put my machine up against anything else including free weights. If and only if you can get your biceps sore will they grow rapidly. It isn't at all easy to do. Triceps are much easier to get sore.

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #817 on: January 10, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
do you think soreness is a pre cursor for hypertrophy then? I have read countless times that soreness is NOT an indicator of growth. If that were the case I could build a great chest doing simply dumbell flyes as the stretch always makes me sore the next day. Tricep extentions with a ez curl bar also make my triceps very sore.

However, saying that my biceps are NEVER sore. I honestly have tried everything and they never seem to get sore after. I know they are a muscle group which recovers very quickly but soreness is very very rare in my biceps  ???

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #818 on: January 10, 2012, 04:35:27 PM »
The DOMS soreness issue has been debated long and hard on HST forum. Check there to read what happened.

Muscle forum experts feel that DOMS isn't necessary for hypertrophy. My position is very different. If you don't get sore then you won't experience rapid or significant growth.

The trick is to get them quite sore and then keep them sore. Train every 3rd day. Btw, doing just anything won't work. You have to have some notion of sense here and do similar

things to what others are doing in the gym when they train that bodypart. In other words, you need professional style workouts to get really big. I advocate doing about 6 sets with

the maximum resistance for the muscle. Do plenty of high rep warm up sets but all sets taken to the limit. Without a sufficient reason your muscles won't grow. That is cast in concrete.

If you can't get your biceps sore then you have to try something else until you do. If you can get both biceps and triceps sore at the same time you should grow very rapidly. You will be

able to measure your growth on a tape.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #819 on: January 10, 2012, 04:37:41 PM »
The DOMS soreness issue has been debated long and hard on HST forum. Check there to read what happened.

Muscle forum experts feel that DOMS isn't necessary for hypertrophy. My position is very different. If you don't get sore then you won't experience rapid or significant growth.

The trick is to get them quite sore and then keep them sore. Train every 3rd day. Btw, doing just anything won't work. You have to have some notion of sense here and do similar

things to what others are doing in the gym when they train that bodypart. In other words, you need professional style workouts to get really big. I advocate doing about 6 sets with

the maximum resistance for the muscle. Do plenty of high rep warm up sets but all sets taken to the limit. Without a sufficient reason your muscles won't grow. That is cast in concrete.

If you can't get your biceps sore then you have to try something else until you do. If you can get both biceps and triceps sore at the same time you should grow very rapidly. You will be

able to measure your growth on a tape.

'Now I know what it feels like to be God!'   

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #820 on: January 10, 2012, 04:38:37 PM »
Completely ignores my post!  ;D

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #821 on: January 10, 2012, 04:40:25 PM »
Soreness does not equal growth.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #822 on: January 10, 2012, 04:50:14 PM »
Ursus and Chimps have absolutely bugger all to contribute to hypertrophy theory. Zero. Hope this helps.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #823 on: January 10, 2012, 04:53:01 PM »
Vince are you still fat and injured?

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #824 on: January 10, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »
Vince are you still fat and injured?

ROFL, literally.

THE BEEF