Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 165193 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #850 on: January 11, 2012, 08:05:58 PM »
Chick, you can twist your wrists but unless the handles are long and you have your hands near one side you aren't going to feel much in the supination movement. Offset dumbbells would give a new meaning to dumbbell curls.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #851 on: January 11, 2012, 08:06:44 PM »
Your machines look clunky and annoying, especially the bicep one. Why would you design such an awkward looking contraption? It probably works the same as just about every other arm movement.
X

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #852 on: January 11, 2012, 08:07:56 PM »
Chick, you can twist your wrists but unless the handles are long and you have your hands near one side you aren't going to feel much in the supination movement. Offset dumbbells would give a new meaning to dumbbell curls.

All you have to do is slide your hand to one side of the DB...been doing it for years

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #853 on: January 11, 2012, 08:08:44 PM »
LOLz. Vince, you're mumbling to an actual someone who made it to the 'pro' ranks. Chickster is the ideal...do you get it!?     ;D  

Last Rep

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #854 on: January 11, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »
Vince should Arnold have won the 1980 Mr Olympia or was it a fix with the promoter?

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #855 on: January 11, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »
Ronnie Coleman could have been bigger if he trained on Vinces machines using the special hypertrophy protocol of high frequency training to induce a constant state of soreness in the muscle for rapid growth.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #856 on: January 11, 2012, 08:12:20 PM »
What you will get, Chump, is a punch in the proverbial nose.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #857 on: January 11, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »
Vince, is there any evidence that your machines provide superior muscle growth? No, there is not.
X

Last Rep

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #858 on: January 11, 2012, 08:16:08 PM »
Vince should Arnold have won the 1980 Mr Olympia or was it a fix with the promoter?

Vince this is a question never asked before would you like to answer it for all those of us younger than your years.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #859 on: January 11, 2012, 08:17:30 PM »
I hope this isn't directed at chaos ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #860 on: January 11, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »
I think, over the years, if we've learned anything, it's that Vince's threats of violence mean...nothing.  

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #861 on: January 11, 2012, 08:43:43 PM »

Both.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #862 on: January 11, 2012, 08:47:54 PM »
I think, over the years, if we've learned anything, it's that Vince's threats of violence mean...nothing.  

The good Doctor is pedantic about grammar and other important matters. He is clueless about building muscle and refrains from debating such issues.

He is more interested in movies and the turn of a phrase. I would rather smash his theories since Toronto is rather too far away.

cross-of-iron

• Getbig IV
  • TRIBALISMO BLANCO
« Reply #863 on: January 11, 2012, 08:49:49 PM »

Ya know I can totally understand if a guy doesn't give a shit about being 20% bodyfat and just wants to be big and strong but you look as if you've never touched a weight in your life.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #864 on: January 11, 2012, 08:51:43 PM »
The good Doctor is pedantic about grammar and other important matters. He is clueless about building muscle and refrains from debating such issues.

He is more interested in movies and the turn of a phrase. I would rather smash his theories since Toronto is rather too far away.

What an awful/beautiful sentence.   ;D

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #865 on: January 11, 2012, 11:03:42 PM »
"the death chair"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #866 on: January 11, 2012, 11:08:43 PM »
Another Getbig experiment. Do a search of the members and be amazed at the vast number of names for each letter of the alphabet. Wtf! Gimmick accounts galore for the unwashed, unthinking flotsam.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #867 on: January 11, 2012, 11:12:19 PM »
You still haven't answered my question. Why do you suggest that your machines are superior?
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #868 on: January 12, 2012, 12:04:17 AM »
Listen to the flotsam. Have any of you guys ever looked at people who were born in 1942? Most look over the hill. I am still not under it.

By the end of this year I should look good on any beach. Maybe I will get a photo taken on Bondi Beach at Christmas just for the anonymous jetsom on Getbig.

Just carrying a tad too much safety fat at the moment. It is nothing to worry about.

-Always good to hear from someone, like you, who has a positive attitude.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #869 on: January 12, 2012, 01:03:13 AM »
You still haven't answered my question. Why do you suggest that your machines are superior?

I don't have to answer every question. If you have to ask such a question you have a problem. Do you think that after 54 years bodybuilding that I learned nothing at all?
It is called experience. I help some people in my gym and believe me, a lot of guys need help. I told a group of guys about the lying triceps machine when they were doing
a variation of pressdowns using the rope. That exercise was almost useless. Lots of guys do it! Well, they didn't believe me a couple of weeks ago. An instructor showed them how to use my machine and the other night the group leader, who is very experienced, thanked me for suggesting the exercise because it is much better. We can all learn heaps of things about how to train more effectively.
That includes me.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #870 on: January 12, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »
I don't have to answer every question. If you have to ask such a question you have a problem. Do you think that after 54 years bodybuilding that I learned nothing at all?
It is called experience. I help some people in my gym and believe me, a lot of guys need help. I told a group of guys about the lying triceps machine when they were doing
a variation of pressdowns using the rope. That exercise was almost useless. Lots of guys do it! Well, they didn't believe me a couple of weeks ago. An instructor showed them how to use my machine and the other night the group leader, who is very experienced, thanked me for suggesting the exercise because it is much better. We can all learn heaps of things about how to train more effectively.
That includes me.

All kidding aside, I'm glad to hear you are still wanting to train and have a goal of getting rid of some extra body fat this year. Can't hurt

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #871 on: January 12, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »
Basile, you may have started to workout 54 years ago, but for most of those 54 years you did not train. Now you are old weak and flabby you have begun training again, so far with little or no results. You may own a gym, but you do not train others, and rarely train yourself. Your knowledge of training is that of a rookie. you wasted a lot of time and money with your weird biceps supinator machine. A low pulley machine would be far better to fully train the biceps.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #872 on: January 12, 2012, 12:45:13 PM »
The compression caused by unmodified Duo Squat machines was a worry so I modified our two machines. The angle is much higher so makes them safer to use. I would modify the cam but it is a big job. It doesn't need to be so heavy at the end of the movement.

Vince, first and foremost, I really like your ideas concerning machines.  I would love to own a duo squat, let alone a modified one, as Nautilus went too far when they made the leg press seat for the duo squat, which dealth with the spinal compression issue, but raised the spectre of knee issues with their machine (shearing forces).

Ideally, the duo squat would have an angle similar to yours, but with adjustable shoulder pads, and the back pad would have a lumbar "bump" so to speak to prevent unwanted "tail tucking" while performing one legged squats.  But, that would make an already expensive machine even more expensive, and how could one expect the flotsam to buy such a thing?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #873 on: January 12, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
BS on all these fucking machines you 'need'. There's no such thing. There's no need to isolated your bicep to within 2 fibers of the main muscle. If anything I can imagine it to be detrimental seeing you're taking secondary stabilizer muscles out of the equation. Where most go wrong is to train with weights that is too heavy, purely to impress the guy next to you who probably wouldn't give you the steam of his piss. Pick your favorite bicep exercise, any will do,  take a weight you can handle and try and keep the form of the movement is strict as possible. Works just as well without the need for some gimmick machine.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #874 on: January 12, 2012, 05:18:43 PM »
BS on all these fucking machines you 'need'. There's no such thing. There's no need to isolated your bicep to within 2 fibers of the main muscle. If anything I can imagine it to be detrimental seeing you're taking secondary stabilizer muscles out of the equation. Where most go wrong is to train with weights that is too heavy, purely to impress the guy next to you who probably wouldn't give you the steam of his piss. Pick your favorite bicep exercise, any will do,  take a weight you can handle and try and keep the form of the movement is strict as possible. Works just as well without the need for some gimmick machine.

This statement is pretty much the epitome of total ignorance of most musclemen knuckleheads. Congratulations.