Author Topic: How's that market doing?  (Read 1751 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: How's that market doing?
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 11:49:34 AM »
The market goes up and down on a regular basis.  It will like go back up today.

Honestly, if all someone reported ONLY on was when the market fell, like Fox News then it gives people the wrong idea

Fox News only reports when the market drops?   ::) 

1.  Make Shit Up

Don't know what the fuck you're talking about?  Can't quite keep up with the conversation?  Or maybe you're just completely lost but want to contribute to the board anyway?

Don't worry, just make some shit up. 

It really looks impressive if you throw out some statistics too.  Do you know what the Vice President of Engineering for Cisco makes each year and pays in taxes?  Nope.  But it doesn't matter.  Just claim all rich people only pay 8% in taxes and that everybody else is getting screwed over.  It always looks good when you make shit up while portraying yourself as the underdog.

Do you really know how many people actually need food?  Have you been actively keeping up with abortion statistics in the United States?  Do you really follow oil futures?  Who cares?  Just make a claim and use a high enough percentage to be plausible, but low enough that nobody will probably question. 9 times out of 10, nobody's going to bother checking your bullshit.  If they do, just move to Rules #2-4.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »

who cares whose fault. hopefully these two drop further!

Excellent buying opportunities.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 06:59:24 AM »
I made a killing with silver, btw.  Gold I don't fuck around with too much 'cause the damn spot prices tend to be very high. 

Presidents receive too much blame and too much credit for things going awry, especially when it comes to the economy.  Newflash:  Presidents do not write economic policy....Congress does, and as to the specifics of the actual drafting of a budget(or law), its the unnamed lawyers and analysts that walk around Capitol Hill that do this.

Our market is reeling largely due to Europe's Debt crisis.  Is it the US's fault that Greece, Ireland, and Portugal needed to be bailed out by other EU members?  If McCain had been elected, little to nothing would be changed.

You noticed too didn't you??  I saw it drop 5 bucks to $31.00 and I bought some at $30.50.  No brainer there, that's for sure and that will give me a little extra cheese for practically no effort whatsoever.

A

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 10:13:08 PM »

You noticed too didn't you??  I saw it drop 5 bucks to $31.00 and I bought some at $30.50.  No brainer there, that's for sure and that will give me a little extra cheese for practically no effort whatsoever.

Hmmm. Interesting investment strategy. Did you take the 31 cents per paycheck that you invest in crack cocaine and diversify your portfolio by purchasing an extra egg mcmuffin this week?

You should really have your own show on CNBC.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 11:01:27 PM »
Hmmm. Interesting investment strategy. Did you take the 31 cents per paycheck that you invest in crack cocaine and diversify your portfolio by purchasing an extra egg mcmuffin this week?

Holy shit, you have been extra funny the last while. Lol

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 02:26:43 AM »

;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2011, 04:25:15 AM »
Fox News only reports when the market drops?   ::) 

Fox News does that a lot as well as every other news channel.  Every day they act like the world is going to blow up and if people think the world is coming to an end, they'll get better ratings.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 12:36:46 PM »
Oh look at the market today...up over 200 points...what a big surprise..... ::)
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 12:42:03 PM »
Oh look at the market today...up over 200 points...what a big surprise..... ::)

Yeah - cause its looking more and more and more that obama is going to get sent back to Kenya where he can try to implement is communist / marxist bs on those poor souls. 

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 04:23:23 PM »

I bought silver back when it was in single digits.  Saved my two deployment's worth of money.  Just seeing it at $30+ makes me  :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »

Fox News does that a lot as well as every other news channel.  Every day they act like the world is going to blow up and if people think the world is coming to an end, they'll get better ratings.

Absolutely false.  I watch bits and pieces of Fox and CNN almost every day.  They have running tickers showing the market numbers.  They always report significant drops or gains. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 05:31:53 PM »
I bought silver back when it was in single digits.  Saved my two deployment's worth of money.  Just seeing it at $30+ makes me  :o

Don't worry, nothings changed. In time it will be back up.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 06:01:11 PM »
The current rumors indicate that the EU seems poised to enact a suicide pact ensuring their inevitable destruction so it's only a matter of time until the PMs start going back up. Those crafty Chineses and their margin hikes are responsible for the latest crash.  

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 07:17:48 PM »
The current rumors indicate that the EU seems poised to enact a suicide pact ensuring their inevitable destruction so it's only a matter of time until the PMs start going back up. Those crafty Chineses and their margin hikes are responsible for the latest crash.  

Yeah. Its that and a few other reasons why we've seen a drop.  I called 1600 a little while ago, I'd be surprised to see it go down much more than that, but we'll see.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 07:04:48 AM »
It appears rumors (there's that word again) of precious metals' demise have been greatly exaggerated yet again. After hitting a low of $26/ounce just shortly after 24 hours ago, the metal has since soared by a whopping 26% to $32.90 (thank you CME and Shanghai Gold Exchange). That's $6.90 in one day.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/silver-soars-26-26-hours

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 07:08:57 AM »
Dont agree with everything but pretty interesting interview. Probably coked right up. lol