Author Topic: The Afterlife  (Read 27782 times)

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: The Afterlife
« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »
This is GB pussy. Toughen up or beat it.
wow just wow you're just as bad A poster now as you were on the x board no wonder it was nuked...
p

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
Are you capable of keeping this thread civilized? if so,... then let me start by stating that your post is rather narrow minded or maybe I understood it wrong, but if you are implying that we are nothing more then mammals, well. Can other mammals pray spiritually, can other mammals create a scientific environment, can they learn to read or write, can other mammals be aware that the earth is round or that we travel around he sun, can mammals have ambition or distinguished hobbies, can mammals have empathy for other mammals outside of their kind, would a mammal bury their dead for moral reasons, billions of distinctions of humans being incredibly unique, hardly a result of evolution, otherwise at least one other species would have evolved at least 1 human trait, right?

Wrong. How on earth did you get there? ???
I hate the State.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »
Wrong. How on earth did you get there? ???
Simple, if we are evolving in the same path and process as all other species why are we light years ahead of our closest species, why the gap. The process of evolution= all ships are sailing in the same direction right, or maybe our ship is a speedboat ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #253 on: October 03, 2011, 03:41:19 PM »
 ::)
morality is based on how behavior affects others.  sex and drugs are not immoral though they may be unwise.   ;)

You have admitted and bragged about having sex with married women. And an immoral act does not necessarily have to effect someone else. Who hasn't seen a pic or video of some woman willing allowing herself to be penetrated by an animal?

This is you, making your own rules, being your own God.

where do you get a value system outside of yourself? how do you know its the right value system? you have to think on your own and come to conclusions about what is right and wrong. what is wrong is intentionally/knowingly hurting another being.

Yes, you make a fair and very important point here and one I have struggled with myself. One of the very reasons I was an agnostic throughout my teens and most of my twenties. A value system outside of yourself is a necessary but an insufficient condition to a good and moral life.

Hurting someone without good reason is a good rule to go buy. The problem is that when that general rule is accountable to just you, you can always justify to yourself that you have a good reason to hurt someone. You can see it all around you. I speak from personal experience.

I know people talk about all the various religions throughout the world so which one is true? Which is the right one? For my part, I am concerned only with the religions that espoused ethical monotheism. The belief in one set of laws; one value system that applies to everybody. And most importantly -- one God.  For example, murder (not killing) is always wrong. Wrong for everybody. It doesn't matter what your culture says or does. What your belief system is. The same set of rules applies to everybody. Ethical monotheism, one God and one ethical system, was first introduced into the world by Judaism. Before that most, if not all religions, were polytheistic based.

From that stand point there are only three major monotheistic religions in the world: Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Because of the relationship between Judaism and Christianity -- both Bible based, one (Christianity) coming from the other (Judaism). I consider them, as value system, pretty much the same. The promote pretty much the same moral and ethical system, and rules of behavior. They differ only in their theology. So now I break down the choices between Judaism/Christianity and Islam. Again not so much as a theology but as a value system. How we should live? What kind of person we should be?

I do not believe that the value system promoted by Islam in general creates good people,  a better society and a better world compared to Christianity/Judaism. Not 100%. There are many good Muslims many horrible Christians/Jews. Just in general. A society based on Judeo/Christian ethics I believe will always be better than a society based on Islam.  

I don't believe that in Christianity you ever reach a point where you feel you have all the answers. Like life, Christianity is a continuous struggle. Why do good people suffer? If God created everything why is there evil in the world? Before he created the world he seem to be fine with his angels in Heaven. Why not stop there? Why not just create  more angels? Why bother putting us through all this? All this suffering in the world.

I don't think we are supposed to know all the answers. It's easy to believe in something when you know all the answers. It's easy to believe in Jesus when he is standing there in front of you inviting you to stick your hand in his wounds. This is where faith comes in.

Jesus told Thomas, “Because you have seen me, you have believed: blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have believed.” (John 20:29)

It might be interesting to note that Islam means to submit to God. Israel means to struggle with God.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2011, 04:00:07 PM »
Simple, if we are evolving in the same path and process as all other species why are we light years ahead of our closest species, why the gap. The process of evolution= all ships are sailing in the same direction right, or maybe our ship is a speedboat ;D
Of course the above is according to evolution, certainly not what  believe

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2011, 05:29:30 PM »
You have admitted and bragged about having sex with married women. And an immoral act does not necessarily have to effect someone else. Who hasn't seen a pic or video of some woman willing allowing herself to be penetrated by an animal?

Yes, you make a fair and very important point here and one I have struggled with myself. One of the very reasons I was an agnostic throughout my teens and most of my twenties. A value system outside of yourself is a necessary but an insufficient condition to a good and moral life.

Hurting someone without good reason is a good rule to go buy. The problem is that when that general rule is accountable to just you, you can always justify to yourself that you have a good reason to hurt someone. You can see it all around you. I speak from personal experience.

I know people talk about all the various religions throughout the world so which one is true? Which is the right one? For my part, I am concerned only with the religions that espoused ethical monotheism. The belief in one set of laws; one value system that applies to everybody. And most importantly -- one God.  For example, murder (not killing) is always wrong. Wrong for everybody. It doesn't matter what your culture says or does. What your belief system is. The same set of rules applies to everybody. Ethical monotheism, one God and one ethical system, was first introduced into the world by Judaism. Before that most, if not all religions, were polytheistic based.

From that stand point there are only three major monotheistic religions in the world: Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Because of the relationship between Judaism and Christianity -- both Bible based, one (Christianity) coming from the other (Judaism). I consider them, as value system, pretty much the same. The promote pretty much the same moral and ethical system, and rules of behavior. They differ only in their theology. So now I break down the choices between Judaism/Christianity and Islam. Again not so much as a theology but as a value system. How we should live? What kind of person we should be?

I do not believe that the value system promoted by Islam in general creates good people,  a better society and a better world compared to Christianity/Judaism. Not 100%. There are many good Muslims many horrible Christians/Jews. Just in general. A society based on Judeo/Christian ethics I believe will always be better than a society based on Islam.  

I don't believe that in Christianity you ever reach a point where you feel you have all the answers. Like life, Christianity is a continuous struggle. Why do good people suffer? If God created everything why is there evil in the world? Before he created the world he seem to be fine with his angels in Heaven. Why not stop there? Why not just create  more angels? Why bother putting us through all this? All this suffering in the world.

I don't think we are supposed to know all the answers. It's easy to believe in something when you know all the answers. It's easy to believe in Jesus when he is standing there in front of you inviting you to stick your hand in his wounds. This is where faith comes in.

Jesus told Thomas, “Because you have seen me, you have believed: blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have believed.” (John 20:29)

It might be interesting to note that Islam means to submit to God. Israel means to struggle with God.

your very misguided.  but well intentioned.

morality is completely based on how behavior affects others.  its important to note that wisdom is different from morality..  somethings that are often referred to as immoral, like drugs and sex, are not immoral because they do not hurt anyone else but they can be very unwise if abused and lead to much more personal struggle than necessary.

having sex with a married woman... whose husband wanted her to have sex. very different situation than participating in adultery. in one situation you are knowingly hurting another person feelings (the spouse being cheated on). in the other you are helping a couple increase their satisfcation with their sex life.  one behavior is positive the other is negative.

to clarify,  because it seems you were thinking i meant you could hurt someone if you had good reason to do so, that is not what i espoused. ANY action which hurts another being is immoral. this leads to a slippery slope but its a slope i feel can be defended if taking into account a benevolent god who makes everything right in the end.

i agree about us not supposed to know. and its a big reason why i dont believe in the bible, besides its historical inaccuracies and logical inconsistancies.  those people who wrrote the bible did not know anything we dont know.   as for your question about why there is "evil" and suffering... i think in the context of god, spirits, and heaven.. in the context of the world as a breeding and development ground for new souls being prepared for heaven... i think its quite obvious why evil exists, why we must suffer, why the world is not perfect. we need to grow as human beings, become humble and empathetic.

your mention of beastiality... why would that be immoral? who is being hurt?  what damage is being done? assuming the animal is not being raped but voluntarily participating..

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
Consensual bestiality. I like that.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2011, 05:45:21 PM »

morality is completely based on how behavior affects others.  its important to note that wisdom is different from morality..  somethings that are often referred to as immoral, like drugs and sex, are not immoral because they do not hurt anyone else but they can be very unwise if abused and lead to much more personal struggle than necessary.

having sex with a married woman... whose husband wanted her to have sex. very different situation than participating in adultery. in one situation you are knowingly hurting another person feelings (the spouse being cheated on). in the other you are helping a couple increase their satisfcation with their sex life.  one behavior is positive the other is negative.

to clarify,  because it seems you were thinking i meant you could hurt someone if you had good reason to do so, that is not what i espoused. ANY action which hurts another being is immoral. this leads to a slippery slope but its a slope i feel can be defended if taking into account a benevolent god who makes everything right in the end.

i agree about us not supposed to know. and its a big reason why i dont believe in the bible, besides its historical inaccuracies and logical inconsistancies.  those people who wrrote the bible did not know anything we dont know.   as for your question about why there is "evil" and suffering... i think in the context of god, spirits, and heaven.. in the context of the world as a breeding and development ground for new souls being prepared for heaven... i think its quite obvious why evil exists, why we must suffer, why the world is not perfect. we need to grow as human beings, become humble and empathetic.

your mention of beastiality... why would that be immoral? who is being hurt?  what damage is being done? assuming the animal is not being raped but voluntarily participating..

That's a bunch of self-serving bullshit. I see you do that a lot.

There are obviously very deep problems in a marriage if the husband wants to see his wife fucked, they just aren't acknowledging them...It's not normal, or moral.

and you are selfishly taking advantage if their situation for your own pleasure.

I was approached to do that shit and i said no, and told them they need to work on their marriage

L.L

« Reply #258 on: October 03, 2011, 05:46:48 PM »
Religion is the biggest scam ever invented.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2011, 06:46:24 PM »
That's a bunch of self-serving bullshit. I see you do that a lot.

There are obviously very deep problems in a marriage if the husband wants to see his wife fucked, they just aren't acknowledging them...It's not normal, or moral.

and you are selfishly taking advantage if their situation for your own pleasure.

I was approached to do that shit and i said no, and told them they need to work on their marriage

you might base your relationship off of exclusivity, making each other feel special through mutual exclusion of all other people. feeding each others egos by acting like there arent any other attractive people in the world.

there are other people who dont need to feel special. they view themselves as a member of society, equal to the rest. they dont need their partner to act like there are no other suitable partners in the world. they can enjoy watching their loved one enjoy another person and be happy for them, and even turned on by the sight.

if done in a healthy manner, open relationships are an indication of extreme spiritual development. not immorality.

Wow tbombz that last post clearly shows that you've been deeply mislead.
Using drugs isn't immoral cause it doesn't hurt anyone? Who do you think that money ultimately goes to when you buy those drugs? Peace loving hippies?

well if someone bought drugs knowing that the money was going to a violent, immoral individual then they would be aiding that behavior and thus they would be committing an immoral act. but otherwise no wrong has been done.

It's okay to have sex with an animal as long as its voluntarily participating? What?! I feel sorry for any animal that comes your way which happens to spark your fancy and doesn't tell you "no". 

im not an expert on the matter but i would think most animals would jump at the chance to lay a human, being how we are infinitely superior and all.

The Bible having historical and logical inaccuracies? There are none, and if you don't believe me research any questions you have by looking into some christian sources for a change and ask at this website for any nagging questions you're left with http://forums.catholic.com/

age of the earth? existence of adam and eve? egotistical, revenge seeking, imperfect god?  ::)

I hope you stay sincere in your search for truth..

;)

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2011, 06:48:02 PM »
Actually, it is not his sexual proclivities that I necessarily take issue with, but the fact that he feels the need to put it on public display. And I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "that which is unnatural is unfortunately nothing more than human nature." A pedophile is attracted to prepubescent children. This is part of his nature. Is it human nature or a sickness or an aberration? True homosexuality, specifically a male being sexually attracted to another male, is relatively rare. Maybe about 2% of the population. But as a behavior becomes more accepted and common place and even encourage and glorified you are going to have more of it. One will engage in homosexuality because it has now become chic. You don't necessarily have be sexually attracted to other males to engage in homosexual behavior as proven routinely in our prisons. In ancient Greece, taking on a ten year old boy as a sexual toy was part of the culture and the men didn't consider themselves homosexuals. If you grew up in a culture where this was common place and didn't know anything else you would think this was quite normal behavior as well. Same for sacrificing virgins to a God. Is this part of human nature?   

To get fucked in the ass by another man is far from natural, but it is human nature (amongst the deviant) to disdain that which is natural for that which we want to do be cause we want to do it.

People are greedy.  They want it now and don't care who they harm so long as they can claim they are harming no one.  To do wrong is not what makes us human, it is what makes us inhuman.  The ancient Greeks were pederasts.  Perverts.  Child molesters.  Fags.  I see that good old tbombz this bestiality is fine and dandy.  His reasoning?  Common amongst those seeking to do wrong and call it right.  Zoophiliacs are harming no one...  This deviant is of the mindset that if it feels good, do it no matter the consequence(s) so long as you can claim to be harming no one with the caveat being if you are harming yourself then that's your choice to make and no one else's.  Bull shit.

Fuck that noise and any that would agree with such filth. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2011, 06:50:31 PM »
if it feels good, do it no matter the consequence(s) so long as you can claim to be harming no one with the caveat being if you are harming yourself then that's your choice to make and no one else's. 

now your thinking  ;)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2011, 07:00:51 PM »

your mention of bestiality... why would that be immoral? who is being hurt?  what damage is being done? assuming the animal is not being raped but voluntarily participating..

Adultery is clearly define. Having sex with a married woman is adultery whether or not you have the husband's or the wife's permission.

If someone is taking a knife to your family and cutting throats you would not try to hurt him to save other lives as well as your own? Do you think it is moral to do nothing to save another person from harm even if it means harming someone else?

Bestiality is not immoral as long as it's consensual?

They are perfect examples of what happens when people make their own rules. You will always be able to justify immoral acts if it suits you.

And I am the one very misguided.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2011, 07:04:54 PM »
How exactly does an animal give consent? One bark or two?

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2011, 07:07:38 PM »
now your thinking  ;)

As I have stated elsewhere, I leave you to your portrait. 

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2011, 07:16:13 PM »
In a life without God. In a life without immortality. Where there is no ultimate cosmic justice. The good are not rewarded, the bad are not punished. A Saint and a Sinner share the same cosmic fate. The concepts such as good and bad, right and wrong, simply becomes a matter of personal opinion. They become essentially meaningless. The logical conclusion is not necessarily evil. People will not start running wild stealing, raping, pillaging. People don't like to be hurt and will form pacts to guard and protect each other. There will be warring factions as there always was but I don't think there would be complete anarchy. The logical conclusion to a life where you can do anything that you think is OK is hedonism. To live just for pleasure. I'm sure many will ask what is wrong with that. Doing anything you want if it feels good. Tbombz (and this is not an attack) is a perfect example of that logical conclusion. A life of self indulgent hedonism. The only thing that prevents him for completely surrendering to a pure hedonistic life style is financial resources.

When you indulge the body you corrupt the soul.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2011, 07:22:57 PM »
How exactly does an animal give consent? One bark or two?

Well, when a dog mounts you I would interpret that at the very least as implied consent.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2011, 07:27:11 PM »
Well, when a dog mounts you I would interpret that at the very least as implied consent.

But I'm a top.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #268 on: October 04, 2011, 05:47:05 AM »
Wow tbombz that last post clearly shows that you've been deeply mislead.
Using drugs isn't immoral cause it doesn't hurt anyone? Who do you think that money ultimately goes to when you buy those drugs? Peace loving hippies?

It's okay to have sex with an animal as long as its voluntarily participating? What?! I feel sorry for any animal that comes your way which happens to spark your fancy and doesn't tell you "no". 

The Bible having historical and logical inaccuracies? There are none, and if you don't believe me research any questions you have by looking into some christian sources for a change and ask at this website for any nagging questions you're left with http://forums.catholic.com/

I hope you stay sincere in your search for truth..

At all times I am reading the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, over and over, the day I Finnish is also they day I start again, the Bible contains massive amounts of history from the days of summer, Arcadian, Mesopotamia, Uric,.Elam, Babylonia, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Israel, Arabia, Ethiopia, Persia, Greek, Spain, Rome,....the list is endless, and all of it's historical narratives on these nations have been verified to be extremely accurate.

Other portions of the Bible contain battles, warfare, famines, natural disasters, rise of empires and fall of nation,....along with poetry, wisdom in the form of proverbs, meanings to complex situations, prayers, Lamentations and cruelty.

Disturbances and chaos, people being burnt alive, heads getting cut off, thousands being massacred including woman and children, woman being raped, limbs getting ripped off, anything and everything you can think of is in the Bible including 1 man killing 69 of his brothers and a woman eating her infant cause she was hungry. What's my point?,.... that people make statements that the Bible has errors when they haven't even read it or even know of it's contents, well I have read it and I truly haven't come across an error and I have tried but there simply isn't one so if you can find one, bring it :)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #269 on: October 04, 2011, 05:50:39 AM »
12 pages and no empirical proof of an afterlife. What a surprise.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #270 on: October 04, 2011, 05:55:36 AM »
12 pages and no empirical proof of an afterlife. What a surprise.

The truth of the matter is this -  The only people that know whether or not there is an afterlife are the dead.  And they're not talking. ;D

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #271 on: October 04, 2011, 07:09:03 AM »

All gods are man made.
G

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #272 on: October 04, 2011, 07:40:55 AM »
All gods are man made.

All men are made by God.

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!