Author Topic: The Afterlife  (Read 27778 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: The Afterlife
« Reply #325 on: October 04, 2011, 01:21:59 PM »

Errors and outright contradictions and yes I have read the bible from cover to cover

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/page/bible-contradictions
That website is so biased and doesn't contain any conradictions whatsoever, most of the suppose contradictions they are stateing are based on the assumptions of evolution being 100% accurate and others that are misinterpretations of the Bible for example in one placed it's talks about the amount of watere that has to come down in rainfall exceed 6 inches per hour for forty days in order to reach height of the tallest mountains, well no not 6 inches, cause the majority of the flood did not occur on account of rainfall but rather the fountains of the great deep where bropken and water gushed out, obviouly he would have not thought that to be a contradiction if he had read his Bible.

And lol at you haveing read the Bible ::).................ya, takes a couple hundred hours for the fastest reader and someone who thinks all this is fairytale is going to take the time to read it
ok answere the following that has been reapeted in the Bible a gazzillion time througout. what Biblical character is the father of Ethiopia, and who is the Biblical father of the Egyptians, What Biblical country is now saudi Arabia, what Biblical country is Jordan, who is the father of Jordan, give me the names of the nations that were in power during the time Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, David, Hezikiah.
Who is the first king in Israel (google will probably not help you here cause its a trick question)

Trust me you never read the Bible, you ain't fooling anyone and if you did and cant answere these questions off the top of your head then it's irrelevent that you did read it cause you where day dreaming. The Bible has no errors and I challange you to produce some and no don't throw me a stupid website saying "see error" be specific in a particular case, oh and of course you are up to the challange, this is getbig ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #326 on: October 04, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »
That website is so biased and doesn't contain any conradictions whatsoever, most of the suppose contradictions they are stateing are based on the assumptions of evolution being 100% accurate and others that are misinterpretations of the Bible for example in one placed it's talks about the amount of watere that has to come down in rainfall exceed 6 inches per hour for forty days in order to reach height of the tallest mountains, well no not 6 inches, cause the majority of the flood did not occur on account of rainfall but rather the fountains of the great deep where bropken and water gushed out, obviouly he would have not thought that to be a contradiction if he had read his Bible.

And lol at you haveing read the Bible ::).................ya, takes a couple hundred hours for the fastest reader and someone who thinks all this is fairytale is going to take the time to read it
ok answere the following that has been reapeted in the Bible a gazzillion time througout. what Biblical character is the father of Ethiopia, and who is the Biblical father of the Egyptians, What Biblical country is now saudi Arabia, what Biblical country is Jordan, who is the father of Jordan, give me the names of the nations that were in power during the time Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, David, Hezikiah.
Who is the first king in Israel (google will probably not help you here cause its a trick question)

Trust me you never read the Bible, you ain't fooling anyone and if you did and cant answere these questions off the top of your head then it's irrelevent that you did read it cause you where day dreaming. The Bible has no errors and I challange you to produce some and no don't throw me a stupid website saying "see error" be specific in a particular case, oh and of course you are up to the challange, this is getbig ;D

You asked for errors and contradictions , you got them ALL contained within the bible itself  ;) that site is biased , that site is using your own book against you and you don't like it.

I have read the bible years ago and couldn't recall anything off the top of my head , I couldn't recall a lot of books off the top of my head , I don't dedicate my life to that book for a very good reason , it's nonsense. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #327 on: October 04, 2011, 01:40:24 PM »
You asked for errors and contradictions , you got them ALL contained within the bible itself  ;) that site is biased , that site is using your own book against you and you don't like it. I have read the bible years ago and couldn't recall anything off the top of my head , I couldn't recall a lot of books off the top of my head , I don't dedicate my life to that book for a very good reason , it's nonsense. 

No no no, its using evolution against it and in a few cases it's not but very vague and minor points that are easily refutable, oh if you want me to start, I could 1 by 1 but I was under the impression you may yourself give a detailed error, considering your post and previous thread if anyone can bring a good argument would be you ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: October 04, 2011, 01:49:44 PM »
No no no, its using evolution against it and in a few cases it's not but very vague and minor points that are easily refutable, oh if you want me to start, I could 1 by 1 but I was under the impression you may yourself give a detailed error, considering your post and previous thread if anyone can bring a good argument would be you ;)

You don't believe in evolution?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #329 on: October 04, 2011, 02:13:14 PM »
You believe in the word of god, but have you actually ever cared to digest what you are reading? The christian god is a genocidal murderer who is actually jealous and has a temper if humans don't worship him. Now, does that behavior sound like a god, or a demented mad man like Hitler or Saddam?

The same can be said for you.

Where are you from and what do you believe?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #330 on: October 04, 2011, 02:17:52 PM »
You don't believe in evolution?
I will be fair with you and say no and that I think it's a silly theory, however a small portion of the theory has to do with Micro-evolution, which I obviously concur with, no problem there, but Macro-evolution is a bunch of horse shit, and please don't say lots and lots of micro-evolution equals Macro cause it doesn't,Macro-evolution has never been observed in the history of man-kind, as far as further details of evoltution are concerned such as the big bang, it's all speculations and assumptions, theories, nothing more

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2011, 02:20:52 PM »
I will be fair with you and say no and that I think it's a silly theory, however a small portion of the theory has to do with Micro-evolution, which I obviously concur with, no problem there, but Macro-evolution is a bunch of horse shit, and please don't say lots and lots of micro-evolution equals Macro cause it doesn't,Macro-evolution has never been observed in the history of man-kind, as far as further details of evoltution are concerned such as the big bang, it's all speculations and assumptions, theories, nothing more

For you to say evolution is a silly theory and believe the bible is without errors or contradictions , tells me all I need to know.  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #332 on: October 04, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »
For you to say evolution is a silly theory and believe the bible is without errors or contradictions , tells me all I need to know.  ;D

OKOKOK you win 8)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: October 04, 2011, 02:24:30 PM »

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2011, 02:42:07 PM »
For you to say evolution is a silly theory and believe the bible is without errors or contradictions , tells me all I need to know.  ;D

If evolution is true it means there's no difference between you, a dog, a frog, a goat, an ant. And that only the strongest survives and that good and evil dont exist.
Basically that we re just animals like other animal species. It means anyone could kill you if he wanted to. Spirituality, religion, everything that allowed us to create our civilizations made everything you see and do possible.
Evolution is just a theory just like many others -the fact that recently scientists who found einstein 's theory might be wrong should send you a warning- , but people who act badly disapear and dont reproduce, gay, men who abandon their families, their ofssprings dont reproduce , only faithful people still reproduce. Because they follow God's principles. Does It means that those who survive and have faith... are selected by evolution to survive when atheists disapear abusing addictions or/and not willing to reproduce anymore?

How do you explain that, genius. What theory is the most real to you? Looks like natural selection is explained in the bible, but how would you know, youd didnt even read it, like so many of the cynical self hating atheists of nowadays who were brainwashed by their own parents who had regrets giving birth to them.

Fact is we dont know for sure why we have a different, more evolved brain than other animal species on earth, that allow us to feel happiness. Why we can learn from the past and project ourselves in the future. Evolution, natural selection absolutely do not explain anything seriously, and even scientists say it. Also as alrdy mentionned most members of the scientist community have a deep christian heritage , upbringings and education. Religious families create the most important and stable individuals in our societies, our societies that are entirely based on christiannity in the first place.
Churches are antennas linked to god, the "man in the sky", our "father in the sky". Why our father? why "in the sky" ? Because he s originally the father of the whole mankind, he either terraformed earth/genetically engeenered us or both, like he (or They) engeenered all other lifeforms.
Can i prove it's the truth? No. Can you prove it isnt the truth? No, neither can you.

Read the Bible. Everything s in there. Extra terestrial life forms only seen by moise and  some other rare individuals at some point in human existence went on earth and gave us the holy  writings we need to give a meaning to our life and be happy. They re our creators, and they gave us our own user's guide. They "resetted" mankind several times because we werent going the way they wanted us to evolve considering they are the ones who programmed us originally.

The "glory of God" as depicted in the bible is a gigantic spaceship, his most incredible creation, his "glory", and there may be other creators like him living in it, and they go thru space, terraform planets and create life. They might have ennemies, who knows.
We do not know what God looks like , only moise and very few selected ones have seen him. When moise spent time with God in his spaceship, when he came back to his people he had a glowy face, rejuvenated, younger skin that suprised his people and he had to cover it for some time. These people are said to have lived for 120 to 140 years.

You guys think you know it all... you know nothing, and the very few things you know might well be wrong. Reality often exceeds fiction.

SBG

• Getbig II
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2011, 02:45:55 PM »
You asked for errors and contradictions , you got them ALL contained within the bible itself  ;) that site is biased , that site is using your own book against you and you don't like it.

I have read the bible years ago and couldn't recall anything off the top of my head , I couldn't recall a lot of books off the top of my head , I don't dedicate my life to that book for a very good reason , it's nonsense. 

That's what I mean about them not actually READING what they are reading. Most christians go to church, hear some sermon, and try to get some message out of it, which is about the same as a fortune cookie can offer. Then, when you show them how screwed up their belief is, EVEN THOUGH you get all the information DIRECTLY FROM THE BIBLE, it's somehow YOU that misinterprets the EXACT WORDING of the bible.  ::)

I guess some people can't deal with the reality of life, so they make their own.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2011, 02:48:28 PM »
If evolution is true it means there's no difference between you, a dog, a frog, a goat, an ant. And that only the strongest survives and that good and evil dont exists.
Basically that we re just animals like other animal species.

It is just a theory, but people who act badly disapear and dont reproduce, gay, men who abandon their families, their ofssprings dont reproduce , only faithful people still reproduce. Because they follow God's principles. It means that those who survive and have faith... are selected by evolution to survive when atheists disapear abusing addictions or/and not willing to reproduce anymore.

How do you explain that, genius. What theory is the most real to you? Looks like natural selection is explained in the bible.

Fact is we dont know for sure why we have a different, more evolved than other animal species on earth, that allow us to feel happiness. Why we can learn from the past and project ourselves in the future. Evolution, natural selection absolutely do not explain anything seriously, and even scientists say it. Also as alrdy mentionned most of scientists have a deep christian heritage , upbringings and education. Religious families create the most important and stable individuals in our societies, our societies that are entirely based on christiannity in the first place.
Churches are antennas linked to god, the "man in the sky", our "father in the sky". Why our father? Because he s originally the father of the whole mankind, he either terraformed earth/genetically engeenered us or both, like he (or They) engeenered us.
Read the Bible. Everything s in there. Extra terestrial life forms only seen by moise and  some other rare individuals at some point in human existence went on earth and gave us the holy  writings we need to give a meaning to our life and be happy. They re our creators, and they gave us our own user's guide.
The "glory of God" as depicted in the bible is a gigantic spaceship, its most incredible creation, and there may be other creators like him living in it, and they go thru space, terraform planets and create life.
We do not know what God looks like , only moise and very few selected ones have seen him. When moise spent time with God in his spaceship, when he came back to his people he had a glowy face, rejuvenated, younger skin that suprised his people and he had to cover it for some time. These people are said to have lived for 120 to 140 years.

You guys think you know it all... you know nothing, and the very few things you know might well be wrong. Reality often exceeds fiction.

No , YOU think that we think we know it all , and ironically the bible claims to know it all so don't be a hypocrite , I don't know it all not in the least , Science will be the first to admit it doesn't know it all , the Bible claims to know it all and we're all supposed to take it on faith  ::) you do that I need more and the Bible leaves a LOT to be desired

SBG

• Getbig II
« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2011, 02:49:57 PM »
The same can be said for you.

Where are you from and what do you believe?

I was spoonfed this crap from an early age. Science showing FACTS through repeatable methods proved to me that the earth was older than a few thousand years. Somehow, that didn't mesh well with religion class mentioning a young earth. I don't believe in anything that sounds like fairytales when science shows as clear a picture as we can get. Science is progressive, a 2000 year old book of stories that never changes is just that, a 2000 year old book of stories. They aren't even good either as far as moral content. You have to bend Noah's ark to imagine god is a loving god.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: October 04, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »
That's what I mean about them not actually READING what they are reading. Most christians go to church, hear some sermon, and try to get some message out of it, which is about the same as a fortune cookie can offer. Then, when you show them how screwed up their belief is, EVEN THOUGH you get all the information DIRECTLY FROM THE BIBLE, it's somehow YOU that misinterprets the EXACT WORDING of the bible.  ::)

I guess some people can't deal with the reality of life, so they make their own.

They go to hear a feel good sermon and needless to say NOT one of these preachers are gonna preach about how to beat your slaves , or the incest , rape , and murder or baby killings etc that's all contained within the Greatest story ever told

they cherry-pick the good parts , omit the bad and tell you how to live your life  ::)

SBG

• Getbig II
« Reply #339 on: October 04, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
If evolution is true it means there's no difference between you, a dog, a frog, a goat, an ant. And that only the strongest survives and that good and evil dont exist.
Basically that we re just animals like other animal species. It means anyone could kill you if he wanted to. Spirituality, religion, everything that allowed us to create our civilizations made everything you see and do possible.
Evolution is just a theory just like many others -the fact that recently scientists who found einstein 's theory might be wrong should send you a warning- , but people who act badly disapear and dont reproduce, gay, men who abandon their families, their ofssprings dont reproduce , only faithful people still reproduce. Because they follow God's principles. Does It means that those who survive and have faith... are selected by evolution to survive when atheists disapear abusing addictions or/and not willing to reproduce anymore?

How do you explain that, genius. What theory is the most real to you? Looks like natural selection is explained in the bible, but how would you know, youd didnt even read it, like so many of the cynical self hating atheists of nowadays who were brainwashed by their own parents who had regrets giving birth to them.

Fact is we dont know for sure why we have a different, more evolved brain than other animal species on earth, that allow us to feel happiness. Why we can learn from the past and project ourselves in the future. Evolution, natural selection absolutely do not explain anything seriously, and even scientists say it. Also as alrdy mentionned most members of the scientist community have a deep christian heritage , upbringings and education. Religious families create the most important and stable individuals in our societies, our societies that are entirely based on christiannity in the first place.
Churches are antennas linked to god, the "man in the sky", our "father in the sky". Why our father? why "in the sky" ? Because he s originally the father of the whole mankind, he either terraformed earth/genetically engeenered us or both, like he (or They) engeenered all other lifeforms.
Can i prove it's the truth? No. Can you prove it isnt the truth? No, neither can you.

Read the Bible. Everything s in there. Extra terestrial life forms only seen by moise and  some other rare individuals at some point in human existence went on earth and gave us the holy  writings we need to give a meaning to our life and be happy. They re our creators, and they gave us our own user's guide.
The "glory of God" as depicted in the bible is a gigantic spaceship, its most incredible creation, and there may be other creators like him living in it, and they go thru space, terraform planets and create life.

::) ::)
Oh brother, this sounds like born again crap.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #340 on: October 04, 2011, 03:15:32 PM »
::) ::)
Oh brother, this sounds like born again crap.

Why are you so hostile about this topic?  You don't believe.  Fine.  I am a believer.  Fine.  I can't recall a single religious thread in which insults aren't slung back and forth.  Every comment from believers and nonbelievers alike is laced with venom.  I don't understand it.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #341 on: October 04, 2011, 03:15:55 PM »

Exact oppisite is true. People copy and paste from the Bibles million words and come up with there own ideas. The fact is anyone, and I mean anyone thats has read the Bible would be in awe at it's complexity and it's sheer chronological perfection, mindblowingly artistic piece of work hardly something that an oldman at a camp fire would jot down on a clay tablet.

furthemore, the most important characters in ancient civilization backed up by every known Archaeological documentation ever found. The Biblical historical nerratives has millions of sources from all over confirming its accuracy. Egyptin Hieroglyphs, Canuiform Tablets from Summer, the document and manuscripts found in the Ashurbanapal library, Historical information found on Sargon, Tiglath -Pilser, Nebudchadnezzer, Cyrus, xerxes, darius, the list is endless. hardly a book you would call silly

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: October 04, 2011, 03:21:43 PM »
Exact oppisite is true. People copy and paste from the Bibles million words and come up with there own ideas. The fact is anyone, and I mean anyone thats has read the Bible would be in awe at it's complexity and it's sheer chronological perfection, mindblowingly artistic piece of work hardly something that an oldman at a camp fire would jot down on a clay tablet.

furthemore, the most important characters in ancient civilization backed up by every known Archaeological documentation ever found. The Biblical historical nerratives has millions of sources from all over confirming its accuracy. Egyptin Hieroglyphs, Canuiform Tablets from Summer, the document and manuscripts found in the Ashurbanapal library, Historical information found on Sargon, Tiglath -Pilser, Nebudchadnezzer, Cyrus, xerxes, darius, the list is endless. hardly a book you would call silly

lol chronological perfection  ;D boy you fell hard didn't you?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #343 on: October 04, 2011, 03:41:36 PM »
lol chronological perfection  ;D boy you fell hard didn't you?
Cut the sarcasm, clearly anyone that has studied ancient history, like myself knows that any known civiliaztion stems from the Bible, the wars and politics that has shaped and molded this world stems from the Bible.

All accounts of the first empire of ancient summer, where the oldest language on the planet was written on cuneiform tablet is the Biblical land of Shinar and the first general to mount an army of 5000 man (Sargon of Accad is the Biblical Nimrod, who`s other Biblical name is Amraphel. The word Egypt means Mizraim, the Biblical name of one of Ham`s sons who is Noah`s son, the name Ethiopia has been associated with Cush another one of Ham`s sons. In Ancient writings all over the world the term Semite arises, pure coincidence or are they tribes that scattered all over from the decentents of Shem who is another of Noah`son, man we even use the term term Semitic and anti-semitism today. Not bad for a book of fairytales right ::)

And please don`t give me an`- òh brother, you guys are just so predictable. :P

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: October 04, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
Cut the sarcasm, clearly anyone that has studied ancient history, like myself knows that any known civiliaztion stems from the Bible, the wars and politics that has shaped and molded this world stems from the Bible.

All accounts of the first empire of ancient summer, where the oldest language on the planet was written on cuneiform tablet is the Biblical land of Shinar and the first general to mount an army of 5000 man (Sargon of Accad is the Biblical Nimrod, who`s other Biblical name is Amraphel. The word Egypt means Mizraim, the Biblical name of one of Ham`s sons who is Noah`s son, the name Ethiopia has been associated with Cush another one of Ham`s sons. In Ancient writings all over the world the term Semite arises, pure coincidence or are they tribes that scattered all over from the decentents of Shem who is another of Noah`son, man we even use the term term Semitic and anti-semitism today. Not bad for a book of fairytales right ::)

And please don`t give me an`- òh brother, you guys are just so predictable. :P

No doubts Judaism and Christianity have shaped the world ( for better or for worse ) but it doesn't make them true , just because there is a history doesn't make the original story infallible.

it all hinges on belief .

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #345 on: October 04, 2011, 04:01:16 PM »
No doubts Judaism and Christianity have shaped the world ( for better or for worse ) but it doesn't make them true , just because there is a history doesn't make the original story infallible.

it all hinges on belief .
Well, obviously, I couldn`t agree more, that you can only take by faith, but my point is simple, A book of high importance and prestige and historical significents cannot be dismissed as a silly book, even you have to agree with that, if not withdraw your post above.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: October 04, 2011, 04:10:07 PM »
Well, obviously, I couldn`t agree more, that you can only take by faith, but my point is simple, A book of high importance and prestige and historical significents cannot be dismissed as a silly book, even you have to agree with that, if not withdraw your post above.

“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov

this sums up my feelings on the book  ;D

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #347 on: October 04, 2011, 06:45:21 PM »
So where did the belief of afterlife come from?

I have a good friend that is Christian and he said it this way -  Not everyone has "faith", but there is always hope.  The hope to see loved ones again can be just as strong as any faith in God and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: October 05, 2011, 02:38:02 AM »
Those who have children aged 12 and above ask them this: If they had to pick one quality that you, as a parent, most want them to be or have which one do they think you most want for them: To be Rich, Intelligent, Good, Famous or Happy.

Then ask yourself of those qualities what do you really most want for your children.

If your parents are still alive ask them what they would want most for you.

What do you want for yourself?

And are you religious? Are your parents religious? Were you raised with religion? Do you raise your kids with religion?

As I mentioned before, often times it's not about right and wrong and trying to win an argument or debate but about clarity. Being crystal clear about what we are discussing and it's consequences.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: October 05, 2011, 02:51:20 AM »
Question specifically for Tbombz: On average, in general, do you believe that being religious, that having religion, a belief that one will be held accountable for their sins; will make for better people  then if they had no such beliefs whatsoever? That they will not be held accountable for their behavior after they die?

Also, I posed a scenario and question for you that got lost in the shuffle. I'd be interested in your response.

Let me ask you a simple question and I have to trust you on your honor to be honest. It's not a trick question but sometimes a discussion doesn't always have to be about who is right and who is wrong. Who wins and who loses. But about clarity. Being clear as to each other's position and perhaps coming to a mutual understanding rather than agreement.

Say you were in a bad part of town very late at night alone walking across a deserted dark parking lot to get your car. Now coming towards you is about  a half dozen young adult males (late teens early twenties) of various ethnic origins. Would a caution light go off in you? Doesn't have to be fear or great alarm but sort of a code yellow. That you better be a little bit more on your toes then if they weren't there coming towards you. That if you were just alone. If so, why? If not, why not?