Author Topic: So, let's say peak oil is real and Saudi runs out in the next 30 years, what  (Read 7515 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
do you think will happen?

Discuss...
I hate the State.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Were all FU8KED
V

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Were all FU8KED

Hardly.  The combustion engine has been outdated for  decades, there's just no reason to move to an alternative yet.  I'll bet anyone $10,000 that before we run out of oil some "new" technology will be introduced to replace it and we'll transition to it before we run out of oil.  It's not exactly rocket science that we can survive without oil.

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
Jay will have to retire

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Who gives a fuck about those arabs?

Hardly.  The combustion engine has been outdated for  decades, there's just no reason to move to an alternative yet.  I'll bet anyone $10,000 that before we run out of oil some "new" technology will be introduced to replace it and we'll transition to it before we run out of oil.  It's not exactly rocket science that we can survive without oil.

Exactly, the technology is available, but no need to market the shit when you can still milk the comsumers for another 20-30 years from the usual stuff.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Someone is gonna get raped.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V

Discuss...

It could and will happen over time if we continue to use them for oil.

If they run out, we will then seek for the next country/region that can provide us with similar oil supplies and then inadvertently become contingent upon their influence.

Worst case scenario, we will simply use our OWN supply of oil and natural gases.  We have our very own supply that we have decided to not aggressively tap into.

Also, the other possibility is to further invest into other energy supply sources.  Oil is not the only possible source of energy that we can utilize.

Options are there,
"1"

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Technology has been around for a long time.  Corrupt use of Intellectual Property and Corporate greed postpone transition.
V

DK II

• Getbig V
It could and will happen over time if we continue to use them for oil.

If they run out, we will then seek for the next country/region that can provide us with similar oil supplies and then inadvertently become contingent upon their influence.

Worst case scenario, we will simply use our OWN supply of oil and natural gases.  We have our very own supply that we have decided to not aggressively tap into.

Also, the other possibility is to further invest into other energy supply sources.  Oil is not the only possible source of energy that we can utilize.

Options are there,
"1"

We should learn how to use whey farts for energy, then bodybuilders will be the rulers of the earth.  ::) ::)

JasonH

• Getbig V
Technology has been around for a long time.  Corrupt use of Intellectual Property and Corporate greed postpone transition.

QFT.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
The blood of the Jew

biff

• Getbig IV
The blood of the Jew

they'd set up their own blood banks, and dominate the market, crafty sumbitches

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Who gives a fuck about those arabs?

Exactly, the technology is available, but no need to market the shit when you can still milk the comsumers for another 20-30 years from the usual stuff.

sounds about right to me.

there's probably some shit in a lab that we'll get out when we need it.

Hell, didn't tesla have some technology that would 'broadcast' electricity, and that was 100 years ago?

If it didn't mean we've have our enemies fueling their weapons to use against us, and the profit motive, i bet we could easily have free elecricity spread out, and everything we have would run on that, and not gas.  but hey, oil is big money, let's roll with it.

Stefano

• Getbig III
Dubai is already running out of oil so they're trying to reposition the country as a venue for sports. Not sure how that will work out.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

Discuss...

Won't give a shit.  Will be off the grid generating my own power
A

DK II

• Getbig V
Dubai is already running out of oil so they're trying to reposition the country as a venue for sports. Not sure how that will work out.

Unless they get rid of their shitty religion it's never gonna happen.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

When the zombies come to eat your flesh, how will you hide? ???
I hate the State.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
I've seen people make the news who can build their car to run on electricity. It wasn't for long distances but it worked. Same with Solar power. But the fuel companies are huge business and won't let these things take off. I am sure there is a fuel alternative out there they already have made that will 'cost more' for whatever reason they make up.

biff

• Getbig IV

?????????

biff

• Getbig IV
I've seen people make the news who can build their car to run on electricity. It wasn't for long distances but it worked. Same with Solar power. But the fuel companies are huge business and won't let these things take off. I am sure there is a fuel alternative out there they already have made that will 'cost more' for whatever reason they make up.

i may be way off the mark, but i always thought that the first car company to go in a non-oil direction would just dominate.  and yeah, i've had that argument with people who thought ethanol or water or whatever would be a 'cheaper' alternative. have fun paying $4 a gallon for water, the second it becomes a real commodity

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch

Discuss...
They will invest in solar energy. Nice weather for it over there.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
When the zombies come to eat your flesh, how will you hide? ???

Laugh if you wish but let me tell you something.  Why go and be latched on to the power companies when the technology is there right in front of you to do it yourself.  

You can get a brand new biodiesel generator for under 800 dollars that can produce 40 gallons of fuel at a time and all you would have to do is drive around to any fast food restaurant and offer to collect their waste product which they will be more than happy to do rather than pay a disposal fee.  That's free fucking gas for your car and truck and other shit you run.  Solar Panels from China have flooded the market and you can get those for cheap along with wind turbines generators.  All of this is pennies on the dollar and easy as fuck to hook up.  

Now I'm saying that everything can be replaced entirely but if you're doing this, then you're putting a lot more fucking beer money back into your pocket.  There are lots of people out there doing this and they are set for life without having to hit the jackpot or the lottery.  I realized a long time ago when I was laid off from Alltel that your life isn't worth shit to these corporation and you're nothing but disposable trash to them.  That's why I've been working hard to do the same thing and take myself out of the equation of being another corporate bitch.  

I'm doing what I have to do and if I were you, I'd follow suit before the world really goes to shit
A

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Slut who caused that will be stoned  >:( >:(

PS. This is what I will do then  8) 8) 8)

JasonH

• Getbig V

Not just sports, but tourism in general - Dubai is fast running out of oil and compared to the other Emirates like Abu Dhabi, they've hardly got anything left. Trouble is they've been screwed over by the economic downturn and the banks are no longer lending to them so as they can finish their building projects - the place is just one huge construction site at the moment.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.

Isn't it exactly "rocket science", though? ;D