Author Topic: Tebow for MVP  (Read 47047 times)

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: Tebow
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2011, 08:50:47 PM »
9/20 and 104 yards.

Denver's defense won that game.

totally.  I will be dropping Tebow.  I was just happy that I got 16 points from him.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2011, 09:55:26 PM »
It's funny how fantasy football turned so many dudes into straight up fags.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2011, 04:05:07 AM »
4-1.....  8)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2011, 06:41:11 AM »
9/20 and 104 yards.

Denver's defense won that game.

They did their thing. But, a 95-TD game-winning drive is what put Denver over the top. If any other QB led his team to victory with a 95-yd TD drive, people would be singing his praises.

So, give Tebow his due.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2011, 07:04:22 AM »

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2011, 08:18:59 AM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2011, 08:29:10 AM »
Tebow ventured onto Revis island......and the island ducked it's head like a bitch.... hahaha

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2011, 08:38:55 AM »
lol sounds good

4qtr is Tebow time!!!!!! ;D

Tebow ventured onto Revis island......and the island ducked it's head like a bitch.... hahaha

Looked like Deion Sanders trying to make a tackle!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2011, 09:43:50 AM »
They did their thing. But, a 95-TD game-winning drive is what put Denver over the top. If any other QB led his team to victory with a 95-yd TD drive, people would be singing his praises.

So, give Tebow his due.

Agree.  He is a baller. 

He was 3-5 and ran for over 50 yards on the game-winning drive.  He's clutch. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »
Agree.  He is a baller. 

He was 3-5 and ran for over 50 yards on the game-winning drive.  He's clutch. 

But, but he didn't throw it 20 times.....so I think it was actually a "loss."  ;D

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
If he can ever figure out how to pass, he's gonna be unstoppable.  Doesn't turn the ball over at all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »
But, but he didn't throw it 20 times.....so I think it was actually a "loss."  ;D

lol.  And he only completed 8 (but there were three drops).  The horror. 

If they get him a TE and a couple good WRs, he can be pretty good. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2011, 10:17:57 AM »

So, give Tebow his due.

I am not taking anything away from Tebow. I think he's a he'll of a football player. Just not a QB.

He would make an amazing Tight End.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2011, 10:46:43 AM »
lol.  And he only completed 8 (but there were three drops).  The horror. 

If they get him a TE and a couple good WRs, he can be pretty good. 

Idiots traded away the only thing close to a #1 WR they had with Lloyd.  D. Thomas played in this exact offense at Georgia Tech. I think he will blossom in it if he can stay healthy he could be a solid #2.  They do need a go-to TE.  I also think a guy like Hester could add a lot to the offense....maybe the guy from Florida?  Can't remember the name right now.....Rainey I think.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2011, 11:44:51 AM »
Idiots traded away the only thing close to a #1 WR they had with Lloyd.  D. Thomas played in this exact offense at Georgia Tech. I think he will blossom in it if he can stay healthy he could be a solid #2.  They do need a go-to TE.  I also think a guy like Hester could add a lot to the offense....maybe the guy from Florida?  Can't remember the name right now.....Rainey I think.

I don't get the Lloyd trade, unless he was a problem in the locker room. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #190 on: November 18, 2011, 03:42:58 PM »
I was screaming at my tv when this happened. Its hard not to root for this guy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: November 18, 2011, 04:21:52 PM »
Great clip. 

Elway's reaction is kinda funny.  I don't think he's a Tebow fan.  Looks like it pains him to have to celebrate Tebow's success.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2011, 09:23:37 PM »
He certainly has his teammates' respect.

Winning is the only reason Broncos need to believe in Tebow
By Steve Wyche NFL.com
Senior Writer
Published: Nov. 18, 2011 at 07:53 p.m. Updated: Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:38 p.m.

Denver Broncos wide receiver Eddie Royal, fresh off Thursday's 17-13 victory over the New York Jets, looked at me in all seriousness and said, "I don't know what it is about that guy, but he makes it happen. I love that guy."

That guy, of course, is quarterback Tim Tebow, but let's dissect that first sentence to really show Tebow's impact.

First off, Royal is a wide receiver. If there is any position player that could be frustrated with Tebow and the run-first, run-second and run-third style of offense employed by the Broncos to help the flawed-throwing Tebow, that would be it. Then again, Royal led Denver with three catches for a beefy 15 yards against the Jets, so many he was grateful.

In saying that he doesn't know what it is about Tebow, that's the common refrain throughout the locker room, too. Nobody can pinpoint anything specific other than he's getting it done -- and they're all in.

"I love Tim Tebow," said rookie linebacker Von Miller, whose emphatically making his case for defensive rookie of the year. "You'll never get a bad comment out of me -- ever. No matter how many interceptions he throws, no matter how many touchdowns he scores, he's the man. He's a great quarterback. The definition of a quarterback doesn't mean you have to throw for 400 yards a game.

"Just manage the game. Tim Tebow manages the game well and puts us in great situations to win."

Against the Jets, that situation was being 95 yards away from the end zone with 5:54 remaining. It was then that his teammates knew.

"We actually said the possession before that 'This is the one. Let's go do this'," guard Zane Beadles said. "Thankfully we got the ball back with a decent amount of time on the clock. The good thing was you looked around the huddle, and there was no doubt in anyone's eyes. As bad as things were to that point, you looked at guys next to you, and all you saw was belief.

"He was good in the huddle, basically making guys believe and people believing in him."

Added Royal: "Nobody doubted."

It's easy to say because things worked out and Tebow capped the drive with a dazzling 20-yard touchdown run. Players and coaches always publicly support and speak well of teammates.

However, how teammates feel about Tebow is more apparent in their actions. Players across the board, even wide receivers, have stepped up their level of play during the Broncos' 4-1 run with Tebow as the starter that's left them in solid playoff contention with a 5-5 record overall.

As Beadles said, Denver was lucky to get the ball back after going three and out and punting with just more than seven minutes left in the game. The Broncos stopped New York on three plays -- they were aided by a Jets' penalty -- forcing the punt that led to the final drive.

The offensive line then responded by moving the Jets' defensive front like it hadn't all game. It wasn't the first game the O-line responded like this when it mattered.

Don't we always say the great ones are the ones who elevate everyone's play?

Tebow is not great. He wins, though. No matter how cliché, it's true.

Few players have forced their coaching staffs and teammates to radically change their overall philosophy and scheme to make things work in order to mask the flaws in one person's game -- especially in the middle of the season. Few teams have been as patient with a player who looks so out of sorts so often.

So Tebow isn't great. However, for everything his teammates have done in stepping up, and his coaches have done in tweaking the system, he's paid off when it matters late in games.

Tebow also acknowledges his teammates whenever he can. That's a wise move. When one player starts getting all the credit when so many others play a role in things working, egos and envy can become destructive. The Broncos don't seem anywhere near venturing into that territory, but these are pro athletes. It happens.

As long as the wins keep coming, though, especially with all the negativity that surrounded the team early in the season, Tebow's teammates are fully invested.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82440faa/article/winning-is-the-only-reason-broncos-need-to-believe-in-tebow?module=HP11_cp

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2011, 06:11:46 AM »

Who was the first guy that said the phrase "It's not how you put the W in stat column, just that you do" ?  ??? ??? ???

The point being, Tebow is getting the job done. Do I like his style of play? Do I think he's fairly one dimensional? Do I think he's an elite guy like Brady, Montana or Manning? No, yes and no. For one, it's too early to tell what kind of QB he'll be down the stretch. If he can learn to pass and they start calling the plays differently then he could move up to a different tier but he'll still be far from an elite QB in my opinion. And he has plenty of current day guys playing ahead of him that shit all over him, perhaps not numbers wise but in style of play. Which sort of leads me to my next point (two really)...

...Newton was setting records in his first couple of games, he's impressive and doing far better as a rookie (Heisman or not) than many veteran guys. But he's not getting 100% respect because his team only has 2 W's. His numbers aren't the most impressive on paper compared to how he plays the game. Many agree that Montana is simply the best QB to ever set foot on the field (very few seem to argue this point and only a few reasons would it be possible to dispute this) but his numbers for passer rating, number of TD's in a career/game/season or less interceptions thrown per season all have people that rate better than him. But he won Super Bowls, practically invented the 2min drill (I use this loosely) and any time someone stupidly asks "Who is the greatest QB of all time?" Montana's name is either the first one to come to mind or it's certainly number 2.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13994/cam-newton

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2330/tom-brady

Comparing the two links, with Brady and Newton (I use these two to show the contrast) you can see even though Cam isn't winning many games, he's still doing a helluva job. Especially when you consider one is a rookie and the other is one of the most elite QB's in the game today and past years as well.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2011, 04:51:15 PM »
Beat the Chargers 16-13 in OT.
D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
Beat the Chargers 16-13 in OT.

Norv Turner lost that game... Bad play calling because he's scared of the fumble. Put the kick another 10 yards out almost on their drive in OT.

Horrendous.

Tebow 9/18 143 yards in the air.

22 carries and 67 yards on the ground.

It's like having 2 full time running backs in Denver.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2011, 05:01:26 PM »
Norv Turner lost that game... Bad play calling because he's scared of the fumble. Put the kick another 10 yards out almost on their drive in OT.

Horrendous.

Tebow 9/18 143 yards in the air.

22 carries and 67 yards on the ground.

It's like having 2 full time running backs in Denver.

This should be the game that gets Norv fired.
D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2011, 05:07:58 PM »
This should be the game that gets Norv fired.

He is a horrendous NFL coach... always has been.

He needs to go back to college ball where he at least had some success.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »
5-1..... train keeps rollin'.....  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2011, 09:57:53 AM »
5-1..... train keeps rollin'.....  ;D

Yep.  This has to be killing the haters.   :)  Another game where he didn't turn the ball over.  Very impressive performances for a young QB. 

On the flip side there is Gabbert, who was benched in the fourth quarter yesterday, after going 13-29, 136 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT in another loss.  Imagine Tebow losing like that, with those kind of stats.   ::)