Author Topic: Tebow for MVP  (Read 47286 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Tebow
« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2011, 02:36:14 PM »
I'm wondering what the haters will say if Tebow goes on to be a kick ass quarterback?

I'm already seeing several established Tebow haters on TV kinda backtrack their previous statements enough to cover thier own fucking asses and just say shit like: "it's ugly but it works" or "it's not pretty but he gets the job done" or "He's not a quarterback but he motivates the team enough to win"

What are you haters going to say next if Tebow keeps on winning?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »
I'm wondering what the haters will say if Tebow goes on to be a kick ass quarterback?

I'm already seeing several established Tebow haters on TV kinda backtrack their previous statements enough to cover thier own fucking asses and just say shit like: "it's ugly but it works" or "it's not pretty but he gets the job done" or "He's not a quarterback but he motivates the team enough to win"

What are you haters going to say next if Tebow keeps on working?

Trent Dilfer won a superbowl... That pretty much sums it all up.

No one likes Trent Dilfer.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2011, 02:38:50 PM »

that's your actual answer to my post lol...  Really?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2011, 02:39:47 PM »
that's your actual answer to my post lol...  Really?
You need a different one?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2011, 02:46:19 PM »
You need a different one?
no, that's about what I would expect from you.

I guess we'll know for sure after some time has passed.... You might come out looking like a complete jackass or be right...  But your answer to my question is the same kinda self ass coving that's going on with others lol...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »
no, that's about what I would expect from you.

I guess we'll know for sure after some time has passed.... You might come out looking like a complete jackass or be right...

It's a valid response... What about it doesn't "sit well" with you? Ah, who am I kidding Hugo, I don't really give a damn if you like it or not anyway.

I don't hate Tebow. I hate everyone who rides his jock when he is "mediocre" at best so far.

If he becomes a superstar then I will be happy to say I was wrong, but I don't think I will be.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2011, 02:50:02 PM »
It's a valid response... What about it doesn't "sit well" with you? Ah, who am I kidding Hugo, I don't really give a damn if you like it or not anyway.

I don't hate Tebow. I hate everyone who rides his jock when he is "mediocre" at best so far.

If he becomes a superstar then I will be happy to say I was wrong, but I don't think I will be.

You can answer, or cover your ass, anyway you like...  Don't mind me.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2011, 02:51:16 PM »
You can answer, or cover your ass, anyway you like...  Don't mind me.
That sounds retarded.

Why would I have to "cover my ass" over a theory about a football player? ???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »
That sounds retarded.

Why would I have to "cover my ass" over a theory about a football player? ???

Read your own posts, you're doing the same thing as the people I mentioned in the post of mine you responded to originally.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2011, 02:55:43 PM »
Read your own posts, you're doing the same thing as the people I mentioned in the post of mine you responded to originally.
You are ridiculous. I have said he is "mediocre" since day one.

I will continue to say he's "mediocre" until such time as he is not "mediocre".

I don't even give him credit for his wins... His defense has been doing all of the work. I think he's had one drive against Miami that was decent... Aside from that, I give the guy almost no credit.

So no... I'm not back peddling and if I'm wrong, I'm just flat out wrong.

You are delusional sometimes Hugo.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2011, 02:59:04 PM »

I don't even give him credit for his wins... His defense has been doing all of the work. I think he's had one drive against Miami that was decent... Aside from that, I give the guy almost no credit.

Ok, WTF... Delusional and ridiculous? lol?...  I get called that for asking what Tebow hatters will do if he keeps on winning?  Dude, you're the one that answered that question will a cover and dodge answer, not me...  Save the finger pointing buddy...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2011, 03:01:26 PM »
Ok, WTF... Delusional and ridiculous? lol?...  I get called that for asking what Tebow hatters will do if he keeps on winning?  Dude, you're the one that answered that question will a cover and dodge answer, not me...  Save the finger pointing buddy...

That wasn't a dodge, it was a statement of fact.

People will still not like Tebow.

Whether he wins a superbowl or not... He's just not that good. As my Trent Dilfer statement references.

You are the one saying that I'm backpeddling, which I'm not... hence my statement about you being delusional.

You are seeing shit that just isn't there... Maybe in a mental illness capacity?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2011, 03:04:59 PM »
That wasn't a dodge, it was a statement of fact.

People will still not like Tebow.

Whether he wins a superbowl or not... He's just not that good. As my Trent Dilfer statement references.

You are the one saying that I'm backpeddling, which I'm not... hence my statement about you being delusional.

You are seeing shit that just isn't there... Maybe in a mental illness capacity?
Dude, all I fucking originally asked is what Tebow haters would do if he keeps winning or if he turns out to be a good quarterback.  Your fucking answer to that and your meltdown over such a simple question is a fucking joke lol...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2011, 03:09:04 PM »
If Tebow ends up being a great quarterback, I do know who I'm going to be laughing my ass off at. ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2011, 03:11:35 PM »
Dude, all I fucking originally asked is what Tebow haters would do if he keeps winning or if he turns out to be a good quarterback.  Your fucking answer to that and your meltdown over such a simple question is a fucking joke lol...

I made a statement... A 2 sentence statement... and now it's a meltdown. ::)

You seriously might be mental.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »
I made a statement... A 2 sentence statement... and now it's a meltdown. ::)

You seriously might be mental.
Oh yea, I'm totally mental for asking a simple question and getting a cover and dodge answer lol

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2011, 03:25:22 PM »
You do 3 things to win games in the NFL. Run the ball effectively, play good defense and don't turn the ball over. The Broncos do all 3   -now, with Tebow-

Tebow has proven he's a winning NFL quarterback and the entire team has rallied around him. He's already done more in his career than hundreds of first round picks since the merger, and can't be considered a bust. There's nothing left to prove, he's SHOWN he's a difference maker and doesn't even have a legitimate #1 receiver to throw to. He'll continue to improve and the team will get even better once they strengthen the supporting cast.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »
You do 3 things to win games in the NFL. Run the ball effectively, play good defense and don't turn the ball over. The Broncos do all 3   -now, with Tebow-

Tebow has proven he's a winning NFL quarterback and the entire team has rallied around him. He's already done more in his career than hundreds of first round picks since the merger, and can't be considered a bust. There's nothing left to prove, he's SHOWN he's a difference maker and doesn't even have a legitimate #1 receiver to throw to. He'll continue to improve and the team will get even better once they strengthen the supporting cast.
As a long time Broncos fan, all I know is that the games have been 1000 times more exciting with Tebow.  We haven't had this kind of excitement since Elway.  I'm good with this, even if we do lose. :) I want to see passionate football played to the last dying breath on Sunday and Tebow brings it...  I'm totally fucking good with that!!!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2011, 03:45:31 PM »
You do 3 things to win games in the NFL. Run the ball effectively, play good defense and don't turn the ball over. The Broncos do all 3   -now, with Tebow-

His supporting cast is pretty mediocre.  I heard one of the starting WRs yesterday was a running back who was on the practice squad till just a short while ago.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2011, 03:54:09 PM »
As a long time Broncos fan, all I know is that the games have been 1000 times more exciting with Tebow.  We haven't had this kind of excitement since Elway.  I'm good with this, even if we do lose. :) I want to see passionate football played to the last dying breath on Sunday and Tebow brings it...  I'm totally fucking good with that!!!!!!

That explains a lot.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #220 on: November 28, 2011, 04:00:07 PM »

Yeah, this is practically the same defense that was 1-4 with orton in, with their best player, not just on the defensive side but overall, von miller playing every snap on D.

This argument doesn't fly.

Tebow is managing the game and making the right decisions. He has 1 turnover in 6 games. Granted he doesn't throw it very much at all, but he does run the ball and he does scramble plenty and hes managed to hang on the the ball in that regard.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: November 28, 2011, 04:02:50 PM »
That explains a lot.
what?  It wasn't a secret here lol...

what does it have to do with me askng a simple question and getting a totally BS answer from you? lol

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #222 on: November 28, 2011, 04:10:57 PM »

Dilfer announces one of those pregame shows...I want to punch the guy he's so ostentatious.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #223 on: November 28, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »
Yeah, this is practically the same defense that was 1-4 with orton in, with their best player, not just on the defensive side but overall, von miller playing every snap on D.

This argument doesn't fly.

Tebow is managing the game and making the right decisions. He has 1 turnover in 6 games. Granted he doesn't throw it very much at all, but he does run the ball and he does scramble plenty and hes managed to hang on the the ball in that regard.

Are you kidding me? Look at the defense over the 1st 5 games and then look at them over the last 5.

There numbers are completely different.

While they may be the same players they are playing an entirely different type of game.

what?  It wasn't a secret here lol...

what does it have to do with me askng a simple question and getting a totally BS answer from you? lol

My answer was completely accurate. You can't even say where it's not. It just does't jive with what you want to hear.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #224 on: November 28, 2011, 04:13:40 PM »
http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2011/11/28/2590865/von-miller-and-denver-defense-not-tim-tebow-deserves-credit-for

Von Miller And Denver Defense, Not Tim Tebow, Deserves Credit For Broncos Success

By Matt Conner - Editor

In short, the Denver Broncos are winning with a strong defense and a solid running game -- the very things teams like the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers have relied upon for years.

Follow @sbnkansascity on Twitter, and Like SB Nation Kansas City on Facebook.

Nov 28, 2011 - Sometimes it feels as if I'm not in on the joke, or if everyone else is watching a game I'm not. He's not accurate at all. The playcalling is rather odd at key moments. The offensive execution is often poor. Yet Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos offense continue to receive the lion's share of attention for the Broncos' unexpected winning streak and ascension to relevance in the AFC playoff conversation. Unfortunately, Tim Tebow is as responsible for the Broncos winning streak as Tamba Hali is for the Chiefs losing streak.

In today's win over the San Diego Chargers, for instance, Tebow went 9 for 18 for 143 passing yards and 1 touchdown. Overall, he's 65 for 143 which makes for a 45 percent completion rate. Just to put this in perspective, Blaine Gabbert -- yes, Blaine Gabbert -- is 33rd in the NFL (out of 32 teams) with 48 percent. In other words, the worst passer in the NFL is three percentage points better than Tim Tebow.

Of course, that's picking one statistic and painting it in the worst light. Tebow has limited his turnovers (only one in six games). He's also a threat to run that teams have to account for. But all this to say that it's not Tebow lifting the team upon his shoulders a la Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Instead, it's about the Denver defense that has stifled one opponent after another, anchored by a pass rush featuring rookie Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil.

Thus far on the season, the No. 2 pick in the NFL Draft has 58 tackles, 3 forced fumbles and 10.5 sacks -- tremendous numbers for any player. For a rookie, however, those are signs that the Broncos have the next elite level pass rusher they were hoping for. Placed opposite Elvis Dumervil, who has 5.5 sacks over the last four weeks, and you have a force on both sides that opposing teams simply cannot account for.

Overall, the Broncos defense has continued to hold opponents in key situations, giving the offense time to perform in the end. They're getting after the passer. They're shutting down opponents in key situations. And the running game has begun to show signs of life with Willis McGahee showing that he can help move the chains if the defense can keep it close.

In short, the Denver Broncos are winning with a strong defense and a solid running game -- the very things teams like the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers have relied upon for years. Tim Tebow is a nice guy who was one of the greatest college football players of all time. Right now, the best thing he's doing is minimizing mistakes and allowing the impact players on the team -- despite the lack of attention they receive -- to