Author Topic: Tebow for MVP  (Read 47233 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Tebow for MVP
« Reply #275 on: December 18, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »
Bummer...  We sure helped them out today.  Not Tebow's fault.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #276 on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:21 AM »
The issue was scrutiny of a QB in his first year.  That didn't happen to Young.  Nobody cared about him when his career started with the worst team in the NFL (Tampa Bay) and nobody cared when he sat behind Montana.  The scrutiny with him was whether he could fill Montana's shoes and win the Super Bowl, not whether he was good enough to play QB in the NFL.  No comparison to Tebow at all. 

tebows not in his first year

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #277 on: December 19, 2011, 06:55:01 AM »
Bummer...  We sure helped them out today.  Not Tebow's fault.

But it was Tebow winning all those games, right?

I guess it was too cold for Tebow and the weather is at fault.

I know, it was the Gloves he was wearing fault because the gloves made him drop balls.

I know, it was the cleats he was wearing.

It was also the cleats fault that caused him to run 29 yards backwards.

Tebow had all he needed to win that game: Playoff atmosphere, at home, playing against a shitty NE Defense and with NE loosing Carter made it easier and still it is someone's else's fault.

He got exposed by a Shitty New England Defense!
D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #278 on: December 19, 2011, 07:09:29 AM »

I know, it was the Gloves he was wearing fault because the gloves made him drop balls.

Tebow had all he needed to win that game: Playoff atmosphere, at home, playing against a shitty NE Defense and with NE loosing Carter made it easier and still it is someone's else's fault.

Lol, what?

Tebow played like tebow. They ran the ball great. But the broncos defense played a great offense and got smoked.

What? did you think the broncos could win a shootout with the pats? Lol @ criticizing tebow for this loss.

Because tebow gave up 42 points.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: December 19, 2011, 07:12:37 AM »
Lol, what?

Tebow played like tebow. They ran the ball great. But the broncos defense played a great offense and got smoked.

What? did you think the broncos could win a shootout with the pats? Lol @ criticizing tebow for this loss.

Because tebow gave up 42 points.

Tebow gets all the credit when they won every game!

What happened to, "The Pats have no chance"  ??? ???

D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #280 on: December 19, 2011, 07:22:58 AM »
Tebow gets all the credit when they won every game!

What happened to, "The Pats have no chance"  ??? ???

Lol, no he doesn't. He's gotten credit for the comebacks. Other than that, he's getting attention because he's helping them win in an unorthodox fashion.

They won like 7 games in a row before yesterday, with tim tebow starting. Did you think the media wasn't going to run with that?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: December 19, 2011, 07:51:21 AM »
Lol, no he doesn't. He's gotten credit for the comebacks. Other than that, he's getting attention because he's helping them win in an unorthodox fashion.

They won like 7 games in a row before yesterday, with tim tebow starting. Did you think the media wasn't going to run with that?

I have been waiting for this for many years.  8)

Tebow > Manning, Unitas, Elway, Brady, Montana, Starbauch, Aikman, Young, Rodgers, fouts, Farve, Brees and Tarkenton

Tebow is better than all of them combined!

All he does is win!

He has never lost a game in high school, college, NFL...IT DID NOT HAPPEN
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #282 on: December 19, 2011, 11:11:06 AM »
tebows not in his first year

Hair splitting.  He started 3 games last year and 9 this year.  He has attempted 302 passes.  That's essentially a first year QB.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #283 on: December 19, 2011, 11:18:49 AM »
Hair splitting.  He started 3 games last year and 9 this year.  He has attempted 302 passes.  That's essentially a first year QB.

Wow.. really.. dude he had a whole season in an nfl team.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: December 19, 2011, 11:20:01 AM »

Tebow was too busy to study the playbook, watch film, practice,..etc.

D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #285 on: December 19, 2011, 11:20:58 AM »
Tebow was too busy to study the playbook, watch film, practice,..etc.

busy multiplying fish or turning water into wine

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: December 19, 2011, 11:28:26 AM »

Absurd.  You know good and well there is a night and day difference between getting scout team reps in practice, holding a clipboard on game day, and starting on Sundays. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: December 19, 2011, 11:36:45 AM »
busy multiplying fish or turning water into wine

He was also busy walking on water.
D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #288 on: December 19, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »

Didn't you know that a backup QB doesn't count as a QB until he actually throws?

::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: December 19, 2011, 02:58:06 PM »

::)  I never fucking said it was Tebow winning all those games.  He played a role in winning those games.  The only thing I've thought is that it was fucking stupid as all hell for so many people to go ballistic in their assessment without even giving the guy much of a chance.  There was absolute rage by many that the guy was even allowed to play the position in the NFL.  I think he's shown that he deserves that chance.

Not many have won against NE this year even with their shitty defense...  We also had quite a few really stupid mistakes, turnovers and penalties that were totally our fault in this game and not in line with the way we've been playing.  I'm not saying we would have won without all this but we sure helped them out more than we help us out.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #290 on: December 20, 2011, 10:30:04 AM »
::)  I never fucking said it was Tebow winning all those games.  He played a role in winning those games.  The only thing I've thought is that it was fucking stupid as all hell for so many people to go ballistic in their assessment without even giving the guy much of a chance.  There was absolute rage by many that the guy was even allowed to play the position in the NFL.  I think he's shown that he deserves that chance.

Not many have won against NE this year even with their shitty defense...  We also had quite a few really stupid mistakes, turnovers and penalties that were totally our fault in this game and not in line with the way we've been playing.  I'm not saying we would have won without all this but we sure helped them out more than we help us out.

I agree on all points.  The Patriots didn't so much "expose" Tebow as they "exposed" the Denver defense.  Brady and Bellichick are as good a combo at QB/Coach as the NFL has ever seen.  Nothing embarassing about losing to them, especially after Denver started out 1-4. 

QB get too much credit when a team wins and too much when they lose.  Has always been that way in the NFL, college, HS, peewee.....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: December 21, 2011, 02:37:54 AM »
I wanna add another thing about Tebow that the haters are not considering.  Broncos fans over the last (way too many) years have watched a team that is willing to just give up as soon as it gets hard.  Kyle Orton didn't help things one bit, this guy was a fucking zombie on a good day--zero passion, zero motivation.  Tebow came in and motivated the fucking hell out of this team to the point that I can be happy as hell even on the days they do lose.  As a long time Broncos fan, Tebow is what this team needed fucking bigtime.  I haven't seen this kind of thrill around the Broncos since Elway.  He's brought some serious excitement to the games that we have not seen in a long ass time.  

Who knows, Tebow may never take us to the prize but I know one thing for sure, it's going to be totally exciting as hell watching Tebow and the Broncos try and that's all I could possibly dream of or hope for.  I'm fucking psyched and loving every minute of this and that's everything good football should be!!!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #292 on: December 21, 2011, 06:20:28 AM »
I feel sorry for the people of Denver, You are in for a huge letdown. Think about it.. as soon as teams stop doing dumb shit like goin to a nickel package against Tebow and finally throw 8 in the box... this shit is over

Think about it.. Dude has the QB attributes of a high School QB. Not a great passer.. And before you guys talk about "oh he had 190 yards in that one game"
Go back and look at it, he had like 12 check downs. And 2 of them went for big yards.
But back to the issue at hand. What does a decent High School QB do? Check primary read and then take off. It works a lot, especially when the QB can run. But seriously. If im a Defensive Coordinator, run a high school defense against a high school like QB. 4-4 Stack. Bring 6. Run man or 3 (on the outsides. let the middle go.

These idiots going to the 4-3, hella running cover 2 like he is doing the west coast offense is retarded to me. 4-4 cov 3.. throws 8 in the box and protects against the grenade ball. With Tebow, coaches need to reach back into their high school days and prepare for that.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #293 on: December 21, 2011, 08:09:44 AM »
Game plan against him? So haters are accepting that tebow can play now?

It's like, at first the very thought of him playing qb was a joke..

then it was "oh he'll never start in the league"..

to "are they serious? he'll never win anything playing like that"...

to "this is a fluke, it will never last"..

(after reeling off like 7 strait)  "wait until teams game plan against him"...

The bears already shut tebow down for the most part. The broncos still won the game. They have won games despite tebow playing bad.  He's already stunk it up! Why the hell are people still waiting on some monumental failure from tebow? Take it for what it is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: December 21, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
John Elway endorses Tim Tebow
ESPN.com news services

A year ago, John Elway agreed to another comeback with his beloved Denver Broncos shortly after the ouster of Josh McDaniels, whom many felt had doomed the franchise to mediocrity for years to come.

The Hall of Famer has pulled all the right strings in rapidly reversing the team's fortunes.

And for all those fans worried that the Broncos' boss isn't completely sold on Tim Tebow and might put the unorthodox quarterback on the trading block this winter, relax. Elway said the city's new comeback king is here to stay.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Elway gave his strongest indication yet that he believes Tebow can morph from a scrambling quarterback into a pocket passer, which suggests he won't be spending a high draft pick on another QB in April.

"Tim Tebow's not going anywhere," Elway said. "I mean, he's going to be a Bronco and we're going to do everything we can and hopefully he's that guy."

Elway's endorsement meant a lot to Tebow.

"Mr. Elway is obviously one of the best to ever play the game. To get any compliment from him is extremely nice," Tebow said Tuesday. "He's been around this game a long time. That's nice to hear."

Elway, who led Denver to five Super Bowls and two titles during his playing career, reiterated his intention to work with Tebow during the offseason, something he couldn't do last offseason because of the NFL lockout.

. . .

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7372694/denver-broncos-john-elway-gives-tim-tebow-strongest-endorsement-yet

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #295 on: December 21, 2011, 09:48:20 AM »
Game plan against him? So haters are accepting that tebow can play now?

It's like, at first the very thought of him playing qb was a joke..

then it was "oh he'll never start in the league"..

to "are they serious? he'll never win anything playing like that"...

to "this is a fluke, it will never last"..

(after reeling off like 7 strait)  "wait until teams game plan against him"...

The bears already shut tebow down for the most part. The broncos still won the game. They have won games despite tebow playing bad.  He's already stunk it up! Why the hell are people still waiting on some monumental failure from tebow? Take it for what it is.

Relax hoss..who is a hater? Im just making an observation. I have no hate for the guy at all. I hope they play the Steelers in the playoffs

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: December 21, 2011, 02:27:27 PM »
I feel sorry for the people of Denver, You are in for a huge letdown. Think about it.. as soon as teams stop doing dumb shit like goin to a nickel package against Tebow and finally throw 8 in the box... this shit is over

Think about it.. Dude has the QB attributes of a high School QB. Not a great passer.. And before you guys talk about "oh he had 190 yards in that one game"
Go back and look at it, he had like 12 check downs. And 2 of them went for big yards.
But back to the issue at hand. What does a decent High School QB do? Check primary read and then take off. It works a lot, especially when the QB can run. But seriously. If im a Defensive Coordinator, run a high school defense against a high school like QB. 4-4 Stack. Bring 6. Run man or 3 (on the outsides. let the middle go.

These idiots going to the 4-3, hella running cover 2 like he is doing the west coast offense is retarded to me. 4-4 cov 3.. throws 8 in the box and protects against the grenade ball. With Tebow, coaches need to reach back into their high school days and prepare for that.
You sound like this dude lol

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: December 22, 2011, 08:10:39 AM »
I haven't read this thread but the last Broncos game it seemed like Tebow front line was extremely weak.  First Broncos game I've paid attention to in a long time...did they (the front line) seem weak or is that how they always play?
R

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: December 24, 2011, 12:48:09 PM »
Tebow is looking great today.  :D
D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #299 on: December 24, 2011, 12:50:48 PM »
Tebow is looking great today.  :D

So is the o-line.....yikes.  Actually helps my sorry-ass Chargers to maybe be able to backdoor into the playoffs and get smashed by somebody.