Author Topic: Tebow for MVP  (Read 47061 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Tebow for MVP
« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2011, 07:58:54 PM »
LOL how many come from behind wins did he have?

funny you didnt say the same thing about stafford with his stellar defense and better offense...

Im not disagreeing with the probowl I really dont care but to dont discount what tebow has done this season as anything less than amazing.

Again, his come from behind wins were completely due to the fact that his Defense kept them within a score or so... aside from one game which I recall was 2 scores.

I simply add all things up... Stafford has much better stats and more wins... you add all of that up when it comes to pro bowl requirements... Not just because he had some come from behind wins... Hell, the fact they had to "come from behind" so many times should be a negative not a positive.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: December 28, 2011, 08:02:23 PM »
Again, his come from behind wins were completely due to the fact that his Defense kept them within a score or so... aside from one game which I recall was 2 scores.

I simply add all things up... Stafford has much better stats and more wins... you add all of that up when it comes to pro bowl requirements... Not just because he had some come from behind wins... Hell, the fact they had to "come from behind" so many times should be a negative not a positive.

right they had nothing to do with that fact that he made how many last minute drives for td's?

how many 2 point conversions to send them to overtime?

The defense definitely played a role in his wins but if you account for tebows wins b/c of that why dont you account for staffords wins b/c of that?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #327 on: December 28, 2011, 08:03:18 PM »
right they had nothing to do with that fact that he made how many last minute drives for td's?

how many 2 point conversions to send them to overtime?

The defense definitely played a role in his wins but if you account for tebows wins b/c of that why dont you account for staffords wins b/c of that?

I do!

That's why Statically Stafford should get a nod over someone like Tebow... His stats are MUCH better... therefore, he has a greater impact on his teams wins.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: December 28, 2011, 08:06:52 PM »
I do!

That's why Statically Stafford should get a nod over someone like Tebow... His stats are MUCH better... therefore, he has a greater impact on his teams wins.
LOL stats dont mean impact, you take any decent qb and stick them with the lions and they would put together a similar season.

Not so for any rookie qb in denver.

especially with the scrutiny he has undergone for no reason.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #329 on: December 28, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »
LOL stats dont mean impact, you take any decent qb and stick them with the lions and they would put together a similar season.

Not so for any rookie qb in denver.

especially with the scrutiny he has undergone for no reason.

We will have to disagree... If Tebow was in Detroit, they would have missed the playoffs.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: December 28, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »
We will have to disagree... If Tebow was in Detroit, they would have missed the playoffs.

agreed, but youre comparing a 2nd year qb who is decent on a better team to a rookie who is on for all intents and purposes not a playoff team.

Its an unfair comparison, you take blaine gabbert or jake locker and put them in denver and denvers record is shit and they arent in contention for the playoffs like they are now.

Thats the point im making you cant just compare numbers and stats you have to look at the whole picture.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #331 on: December 28, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »
agreed, but youre comparing a 2nd year qb who is decent on a better team to a rookie who is on for all intents and purposes not a playoff team.

Its an unfair comparison, you take blaine gabbert or jake locker and put them in denver and denvers record is shit and they arent in contention for the playoffs like they are now.

Thats the point im making you cant just compare numbers and stats you have to look at the whole picture.

That's what I'm doing, which is why Eli shouldn't be a Pro-Bowler over Stafford and Tebow shouldn't be a 2nd alternate.

Tebow is an alternate because his name has been on the front page of CNN every week for the past 10 weeks... win or lose.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #332 on: December 28, 2011, 08:23:35 PM »
That's what I'm doing, which is why Eli shouldn't be a Pro-Bowler over Stafford and Tebow shouldn't be a 2nd alternate.

Tebow is an alternate because his name has been on the front page of CNN every week for the past 10 weeks... win or lose.

^^^THIS
D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: December 28, 2011, 08:36:20 PM »

Again not arguing his pro bowl status only his accomplishments over the season.

I agree and if youre upset about that you should really blame the liberal media and atheist like mahr for making a much bigger deal of his Christianity than should be.

Heaven forbid a person be religious in their public life without getting the panties of secular/atheist types in a wedgie.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #334 on: December 28, 2011, 08:39:55 PM »
Again not arguing his pro bowl status only his accomplishments over the season.

I agree and if youre upset about that you should really blame the liberal media and atheist like mahr for making a much bigger deal of his Christianity than should be.

Heaven forbid a person be religious in their public life without getting the panties of secular/atheist types in a wedgie.

I don't think that ESPN is the "Liberal" media but they talk about him constantly also... So do Fox news... They all do.

The Liberal side wants to talk about it and the Conservative side wants to talk about it and every damn person who is for Christianity or Against christianity talks about it non-stop.

BUT... if you really want to lay the blame... It's Tebows... and here's why.

The first person to talk about it was him... He did the pro-life commercial for the Super Bowl... HIM... no one else said shit about it until then.

That commercial put his faith SQUARELY on the map and HE made his faith something to talk about in public.

He did it and everyone jumped on both for and against.

I'm quite sure that at least half of the players in the NFL are Christian, but they didn't bring their faith to the front in some commercial.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: December 28, 2011, 08:44:07 PM »
I don't think that ESPN is the "Liberal" media but they talk about him constantly also... So do Fox news... They all do.

The Liberal side wants to talk about it and the Conservative side wants to talk about it and every damn person who is for Christianity or Against christianity talks about it non-stop.

BUT... if you really want to lay the blame... It's Tebows... and here's why.

The first person to talk about it was him... He did the pro-life commercial for the Super Bowl... HIM... no one else said shit about it until then.

That commercial put his faith SQUARELY on the map and HE made his faith something to talk about in public.

He did it and everyone jumped on both for and against.

I'm quite sure that at least half of the players in the NFL are Christian, but they didn't bring their faith to the front in some commercial.
the conservative side talks about the liberal smear campaign on him.

Again heaven forbid a sports figure display their religious values...theres nothing wrong with that.

LOL so what if he does put his faith out there, whats wrong with that?

he isnt complaining about the publicity, you guys are!!!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #336 on: December 28, 2011, 08:49:01 PM »
I do!

Over Tebow it shouldn't even be an argument. Hell he should get the nod over Eli.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #337 on: December 28, 2011, 08:49:20 PM »
the conservative side talks about the liberal smear campaign on him.

Again heaven forbid a sports figure display their religious values...theres nothing wrong with that.

LOL so what if he does put his faith out there, whats wrong with that?

he isnt complaining about the publicity, you guys are!!!

Isn't there a thread we are both on that discusses boycotting someone else because of what they said about Tebow?

Sounds like a complaint to me.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #338 on: December 28, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »
Over Tebow it shouldn't even be an argument. Hell he should get the nod over Eli.

The argument should be about Eli and Tebow because Stafford should have gotten the 3rd NFC spot.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: December 28, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »
Isn't there a thread we are both on that discusses boycotting someone else because of what they said about Tebow?

Sounds like a complaint to me.
Tebow isnt complaining about the publicity he is getting, thats your boy mahr and the rest of the atheist/secular goof troop

what tebows fans do is irrelevant as arent part of the equation.

Ppl are complaining about the airtime tebow is getting and pointing to that as a reason but he nor his fans are the ones causing the stir. Its the ppl that are against his stance that are giving him the most attention.

Dont complain about the effects of something that you yourself are doing...pretty simple.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #340 on: December 28, 2011, 09:08:16 PM »
Tebow isnt complaining about the publicity he is getting, thats your boy mahr and the rest of the atheist/secular goof troop

what tebows fans do is irrelevant as arent part of the equation.

Ppl are complaining about the airtime tebow is getting and pointing to that as a reason but he nor his fans are the ones causing the stir. Its the ppl that are against his stance that are giving him the most attention.

Dont complain about the effects of something that you yourself are doing...pretty simple.

Again... it's people on both sides doing it.

You seem to only see it as the "liberal media" doing it though.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: December 29, 2011, 05:15:47 AM »
Tony, LOL @ "goof troop" ;D

EVERYONE ELSE, PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO PERSPECTIVE.

This shit about Tebow has gotten way fucking out of control...  It started out with just about everyone on TV/Radio saying Tebow didn't have a chance or didn't even deserve a chance in the NFL.  Then it went to everyone overhyping him after several wins just to covers their fucking asses... good god back off man

From the fans, some wanted him to sit there for a few years under orton before he had a chance.  I was one of the people who yelled like hell to get Tebow in.  I was sick to death, as many other Broncos fans were, of seeing the team just give up as soon as they were 10 points down and Orton goes zombie like at that point.  That fucking ended as soon as Tebow got in.  We might not make the playoffs this year and I really don't give a rats ass to tell you the truth.  All I know is that Tebow brought some exciting football back to Denver and I'm fucking happy as hell with that.  I also believe this guy has the kind of motivation to hone his skills and become a great quarterback and I'm in no fucking hurry to see that because he's making Denver football fun to watch while he improves and that's something we've been missing for a long time.  If you're not a broncos fan, fucking take that shit into consideration in your bitching.  if you don't like the Broncos anyway, what the fuck does it matter to you anyway?  calm down freaking out over Tebow and just let us enjoy how it plays out.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #342 on: December 29, 2011, 07:52:10 AM »
who gives a shit. Tim will have another awful game to end the season. Not because i don't like him.. I really don't give a shit about his personal beliefs or anything. But just going off of a football IQ over 12 and a non sports center fan. He is not and will not be the answer. Teams during that 8 game streak were absolutely retarded to go to freaking nickel packages or even 2 safety high looks against this guy. 1 read and take off? go 8 in the box and dare him to throw. He inst accurate at all.... 48% completion rate isn't gonna cut it in the big boy league.

Now to my assertion of Killa Cam.. Some people want to point out his win loss record. I would like to point to the stats that he is responsible for. 5th in scoring offense in the NFL and 4th in Passing Offense in the NFL.  20 passing TDs vs 16int and 14 rushing TDS. Unless youre an absolute asshole, you have to say that this guy isnt the reason they lost. Their defense and the lack of Jon Beason is the reason.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #343 on: December 29, 2011, 09:59:19 AM »
who gives a shit. Tim will have another awful game to end the season. Not because i don't like him.. I really don't give a shit about his personal beliefs or anything. But just going off of a football IQ over 12 and a non sports center fan. He is not and will not be the answer. Teams during that 8 game streak were absolutely retarded to go to freaking nickel packages or even 2 safety high looks against this guy. 1 read and take off? go 8 in the box and dare him to throw. He inst accurate at all.... 48% completion rate isn't gonna cut it in the big boy league.

Now to my assertion of Killa Cam.. Some people want to point out his win loss record. I would like to point to the stats that he is responsible for. 5th in scoring offense in the NFL and 4th in Passing Offense in the NFL.  20 passing TDs vs 16int and 14 rushing TDS. Unless youre an absolute asshole, you have to say that this guy isnt the reason they lost. Their defense and the lack of Jon Beason is the reason.

Oh calm down Mal, we know you have a man-crush on Cam.   ;D  no question the defense lost most of the games for the Panthers and he had a great rookie season.

All of that doesn't take away from the fact the Tebow took a 1-4 team with the exact same players, except his #1 WR,  and went on a tear to the point of now playing for a spot in the playoffs.  NOBODY predicted it before the year, but my biggest problem with all of it is that Tebow played well down the stretch last year and should have been the starter from the get-go.  Instead Horse-Teeth and Re-run Fox decide they don't like him because of the McDaniels fiasco and relegate him to 3rd string behind Quinn....c'mon, total horseshit.  And now the reason I think highly of Tebow.  He didn't say a word, never complained and when given the chance he made the absolute most of it.  If he is cut, benched, etc... I also suspect he will take it like a man and move on.  He is a different breed than the majority of prima-donna dipshits getting their vehicles robbed of 4 firearms... cause "they street...."    ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #344 on: December 29, 2011, 10:27:04 AM »
Oh calm down Mal, we know you have a man-crush on Cam.   ;D  no question the defense lost most of the games for the Panthers and he had a great rookie season.

All of that doesn't take away from the fact the Tebow took a 1-4 team with the exact same players, except his #1 WR,  and went on a tear to the point of now playing for a spot in the playoffs.  NOBODY predicted it before the year, but my biggest problem with all of it is that Tebow played well down the stretch last year and should have been the starter from the get-go.  Instead Horse-Teeth and Re-run Fox decide they don't like him because of the McDaniels fiasco and relegate him to 3rd string behind Quinn....c'mon, total horseshit.  And now the reason I think highly of Tebow.  He didn't say a word, never complained and when given the chance he made the absolute most of it.  If he is cut, benched, etc... I also suspect he will take it like a man and move on.  He is a different breed than the majority of prima-donna dipshits getting their vehicles robbed of 4 firearms... cause "they street...."    ::)

youre 100% correct about everything but 1 issue

i have a Cam-Crush.. get it right

no homo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #345 on: December 29, 2011, 02:42:40 PM »
The argument should be about Eli and Tebow because Stafford should have gotten the 3rd NFC spot.

Correct.  Pretty silly to compare Tebow with Stafford when they play in different conferences. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: December 29, 2011, 03:59:05 PM »
Cam will get hurt within the next two seasons if he keeps up the way he is playing he will go the way of Vick

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #347 on: December 29, 2011, 06:19:36 PM »
Correct.  Pretty silly to compare Tebow with Stafford when they play in different conferences. 

No it's not... Especially when there are better QBs in the AFC even... You might actually be the least knowledgable person when it comes to football on the boards.

Schaub, Matt Moore, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, and Joe Flacco all have better numbers than Tebow.

Any of those guys would be a more realistic alternate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #348 on: December 29, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »
No it's not... Especially when there are better QBs in the AFC even... You might actually be the least knowledgable person when it comes to football on the boards.

Schaub, Matt Moore, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, and Joe Flacco all have better numbers than Tebow.

Oh that's really funny.  A player from the AFC cannot make the NFC team, so comparing players from different conferences is ridiculous.  That's football 101.  lol 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: December 29, 2011, 07:35:27 PM »

again you cant just go off of stats, everyone of those teams has a better offense hands down than the broncos.

Tebow has done more with less than anyone in the league this season.

maghee is the only other person on that offense worth a shit and that pretty fucking sad man that alone should give you an idea of the caliber of players he is dealing with.

each one of those teams has a steller rb if not two and a star wide receiver if not 2 or 3...