Author Topic: Damn cheap protein powder!!!  (Read 15145 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Damn cheap protein powder!!!
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2011, 11:29:13 AM »
protein powder is economical, plain and simple. $$$ per gram.. just about the cheapest source you can find anywhere. i eat 3 meals per day and two of them are 60-80 gram whey protein shakes.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »
I've been there and done that, only the eggs were mixed with milk (no enzyme tablets).

Nowadays, with the ability to get IsoPure and other RTDs fairly cheap, that's is no longer necessary.

what % of your hard earned muscle do you attribute to Protein Powders and Supplements ?
K

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2011, 11:33:34 AM »
LOL - what % of your hard earned muscle do you attribute to Protein Powders and Supplements ? lots of use want to know so we can rush off to GNC and purchase them and be on our way to building a better us  ::) just like you have  :-*

Was it the special chocolate whey isolate  and the NO plasma jell for pre-workout ? and the inter workout dose of BCAA's, followed by the post workout shake of just the right amount of simple/complex carbs and whey  ?? I bet it was  :o
then just before bed the ZMA/protein Casein  combo to promote test and keep your nitrogen balance in check, and at 3:30 am the special chocolate whey isolate to up regulate your nitrogen  ::)

Never heard of NO Plasma gel. I've only tried ZMA twice (and that was because it on sale for $3).

You're still waiting for the Phonics disks, because I've said several times that the bulk of the supplements I purchased are protein powders of some kind.

Percentage of my hard-earned muscle? Rough guess: 20%.

This is the part where you and your anti-establishment crew yap about how you made far better gains eating bland tuna, from a can you opened with a mechanical can opener.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2011, 11:39:48 AM »
Never heard of NO Plasma gel. I've only tried ZMA twice (and that was because it on sale for $3).

You're still waiting for the Phonics disks, because I've said several times that the bulk of the supplements I purchased are protein powders of some kind.

Percentage of my hard-earned muscle? Rough guess: 20%.

This is the part where you and your anti-establishment crew yap about how you made far better gains eating bland tuna, from a can you opened with a mechanical can opener.

So you are saying Protein Powders are directly responsible for 20% of your lean muscle mass ? so someone who has 144 pounds of lean muscle mass would only have 115 pounds of lean muscle mass if they ate only normal food with no Protein Powders ?? WOW  :'(  ::) tell me you have an account @ BodyBuildingdotCom right  ::) and post threads on debates such as Goat whey verses Cow Whey  at the molecule level :-\

But wait I do see some legitimate literature as published by LA Muscle that backs you up  ::)

You get a huge 48g whey protein per serving
LA Whey is the BEST protein your money can buy, as used by the world's top athletes. Just one serving of LA Whey protein gives you a massive 48g (LA Whey Sweet 40g) of pure CFM Ionic Exchanged Whey Protein. No Egg or cheap casein - just the best protein for muscle building, fat loss and quicker recovery.
Cross, micro and ultra filtrated
LA Whey protein has been cross, micro and ultra filtrated to ensure it is the purest form of protein with no lactose. LA Whey contains 17% Glutamate which is the highest of any whey protein product currently on the market. This ensures optimum cell-volumisation, recovery and growth.
Highest biological value of 159+.

LA Whey protein has the highest Biological Value of 159+. This means you get maximum amount of protein deposited into your muscles. LA Whey protein has had the B-Lactoglobulin (BLG) part of the whey protein specifically increased to make it the most effective protein powder for recovery and growth. LA Whey protein contains no harmful sweeteners.
Better than egg white!
The protein in LA Whey protein is 68% better than egg white. You get 21% Branch Chained Amino Acids (BCAA) and all Essential Amino Acids (EAA).
10 incredible designer flavours
The 10 flavours of LA Whey protein (country-dependant) have been specifically designed by food scientists to be the most natural and delicious flavours possible, without putting in harmful artificial additives. You can get cool earthy Vanilla, tasty Strawberry, satisfying Chocolate, fantastic banana, Mint-Choc, Cappuccino and a "sweet" range. You can mix LA Whey protein with water, milk, juice or yoghurt. As many people are intolerant to Milk, LA Whey has been specifically designed to instantly mix in water.
Guaranteed to be the best!
LA Whey protein is the most effective and pure protein you can get. The technology to produce pure Ionic Exchanged Whey Protein of this quality can only be found in a handful of manufacturing plants around the world. LA Muscle's FDA-approved laboratory is one of them. Top professional bodybuilders, athletes and sports-persons use LA Whey protein because it is a unique product and it produces terrific results.
Use less, get more
LA Whey protein has a very high Biological Value; this means that you do not need to use as much and in every scoop, you get almost twice as much efficient protein than most other brands..and you do not get wind, bloating or allergies! By buying a "cheap and cheerful" protein that claims to be the same as LA Whey, you are ultimately cheating yourself.
No cheap ingredients
K

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2011, 12:00:33 PM »
So you are saying Protein Powders are directly responsible for 20% of your lean muscle mass ? so someone who has 144 pounds of lean muscle mass would only have 115 pounds of lean muscle mass if they ate only normal food with no Protein Powders ?? WOW  :'(  ::) tell me you have an account @ BodyBuildingdotCom right  ::) and post threads on debates such as Goat whey verses Cow Whey  at the molecule level :-\

I haven't weighed 144 lbs. since high school.

Please get those "Hooked on Phonics" lessons. When did you ever hear me say that someone would have 20% less muscle mass if they only ate regular food?

As far as my own physique goes, I gave that number for a reason. I go back to about 15 years ago in college. I put on 21 lbs one semester (I'd say about 60-65% muscle). Six meals per day: half solid, half liquid. Given my schedule, it was far simpler and more effective to drink those extra meals than it was to eat, especially considering my caloric content was around the 5000 mark.

And, no, I don't have an account at Bodybuilding.com. I don't need it. There's nothing I need to buy there that I can't get far cheaper (via clearance sales) at the aforementioned sports nutrition stores.

As for your tack-on flap about LA Whey, I don't need that, either. I already have my IsoPure, and it only costs me $10 for a pack of 12. (That's $0.83 a piece, in case your math is as bad as your reading).

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2011, 12:10:51 PM »
I haven't weighed 144 lbs. since high school.
Please get those "Hooked on Phonics" lessons. When did you ever hear me say that someone would have 20% less muscle mass if they only ate regular food?

As far as my own physique goes, I gave that number for a reason. I go back to about 15 years ago in college. I put on 21 lbs one semester (I'd say about 60-65% muscle). Six meals per day: half solid, half liquid. Given my schedule, it was far simpler and more effective to drink those extra meals than it was to eat, especially considering my caloric content was around the 5000 mark.

And, no, I don't have an account at Bodybuilding.com. I don't need it. There's nothing I need to buy there that I can't get far cheaper (via clearance sales) at the aforementioned sports nutrition stores.

Quote from: MCWAY on Today at 02:33:34 PM:
Percentage of my hard-earned muscle? Rough guess: 20%

Do you not know what LEAN muscle mass is ??? it does not mean what you weigh when you get on the scale Dim Witt  ::)
lean muscle mass of 144 lbs would mean walking around weight of obviously more  ::)

Quote from: MCWAY
As for your tack-on flap about LA Whey, I don't need that, either. I already have my IsoPure, and it only costs me $10 for a pack of 12. (That's $0.83 a piece, in case your math is as bad as your reading).

LOL I bet the IsoPure increases muscle nitrogen uptake  by 10010101 % right sucker  :-*

K

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2011, 12:19:41 PM »

Do you not know what LEAN muscle mass is ??? it does not mean what you weigh when you get on the scale Dim Witt  ::)
lean muscle mass of 144 lbs would mean walking around weight of obviously more  ::)

IsoPure  ::)

Do you not know what "Rough guess" means?

Unless you're a bantamweight competitor, few people care if you have 144 lbs of lean mass.

And, Yes, I do use IsoPure (when I can get it cheap). But, I know, you only eat real food. That makes you Mr. Hardcore. "Tuna, 'till I die!!!!"  ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2011, 12:26:13 PM »

Quote from: MCWAY

LOL I bet the IsoPure increases muscle nitrogen uptake  by 10010101 % right sucker  :-*

Each drink is $0.83 a piece with 40 grams of protein. That's cheaper than 6 XL eggs and more convenient. That's why I got them.

But, why let economics stand in the way. Keep downing your tuna, opening it with your manual can opener and raging against the machine.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2011, 12:28:04 PM »
Do you not know what "Rough guess" means?

Unless you're a bantamweight competitor, few people care if you have 144 lbs of lean mass.

And, Yes, I do use IsoPure (when I can get it cheap). But, I know, you only eat real food. That makes you Mr. Hardcore. "Tuna, 'till I die!!!!"  ::)

Built on IsoPure  ::) LOL you dim witted sucker  :-*  I guess you eat dry chicken breast and eat Tuna from the can to  ::)

Roughly 20% of lean muscle directly resulting from Protein Powders is absurd, you and the teens keep rushing into the locker room and guzzling down that post workout IsoPure shake as the Anabolic Window Is Serious Business  ::)
K

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »
Built on IsoPure  ::) LOL you dim witted sucker  :-*  I guess you eat dry chicken breast and eat Tuna from the can to  ::)

Dead wrong on both counts. I haven't had chicken breasts in nearly two months, and when I do eat them it's hardly dry. Curry or garlic-flavored is my preference.

And, I'm not built on IsoPure. I buy them on occasion when they are marked down; and I used them IN ADDITION to the regular food that I eat.

Are you really this incapable of reading? I've only mentioned this at least three times.

Roughly 20% of lean muscle directly resulting from Protein Powders is absurd, you and the teens keep rushing into the locker room and guzzling down that post workout IsoPure shake as the Anabolic Window Is Serious Business  ::)

My shakes aren't going anywhere. Why rush? I simply drink one on the way home to eat (that's right, EAT!!!).

And your issue of drinking an IsoPure RTD that cost $0.83 post-workout would be......(other than your rebel-without-a-clue-"Me-Hardcore-Me-not-drink-shakes" caveman spiel)?

Edit - OK! I did eat tuna out of the can Tuesday. But, that was only because I didn't pack my breakfast in my gym bag. So, I hit the convenience store and bought a can.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2011, 12:44:03 PM »
Dead wrong on both counts. I haven't had chicken breasts in nearly two months, and when I do eat them it's hardly dry. Curry or garlic-flavored is my preference.

And, I'm not built on IsoPure. I buy them on occasion when they are marked down; and I used them IN ADDITION to the regular food that I eat.

Are you really this incapable of reading? I've only mentioned this at least three times.

My shakes aren't going anywhere. Why rush? I simply drink one on the way home to eat (that's right, EAT!!!).

And your issue of drinking an IsoPure RTD that cost $0.83 post-workout would be......(other than your rebel-without-a-clue-"Me-Hardcore-Me-not-drink-shakes" caveman spiel)?

LOL - drinking your IsoPure RTD in the car after your workout, fuking classic ! leaving no chances on maximising the affects of the famous Anabolic Window  ::) from an aluminium can of liquid crap  ::)
K

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2011, 12:50:32 PM »
LOL - drinking your IsoPure RTD in the car after your workout, fuking classic ! leaving no chances on maximising the affects of the famous Anabolic Window  ::) from an aluminium can of liquid crap  ::)

IsoPure are in glass bottles, genius.

And, you've ducked the question, in your feeble attempt to appear witty.

I'm doing what I did back in the day. The only difference is that since I drive home, I don't hit the pool anymore (as doing so makes me drowsy); so I have my shake sooner. In college, when I didn't have a car, I could take the bus back to campus and fall asleep on the way back (a 40-minute ride). After hitting the pool and jacuzzi for about 30 minutes, I'd get my stuff and have my shake.

Drink shake, before or while driving home; get home....EAT!!! Nothing compliated about that.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2011, 12:57:59 PM »
IsoPure are in glass bottles, genius.

And, you've ducked the question, in your feeble attempt to appear witty.

I'm doing what I did back in the day. The only difference is that since I drive home, I don't hit the pool anymore (as doing so makes me drowsy); so I have my shake sooner. In college, when I didn't have a car, I could take the bus back to campus and fall asleep on the way back (a 40-minute ride). After hitting the pool and jacuzzi for about 30 minutes, I'd get my stuff and have my shake.

Drink shake, before or while driving home; get home....EAT!!! Nothing compliated about that.

It all come back to supplements are worthless, who cares if it cost you 83 cents ?? or even a penny. They are not responsible for building 1% muscle mass, sorry to destroy your dream and that of other teens.
K

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »
It all come back to supplements are worthless, who cares if it cost you 83 cents ?? or even a penny. They are not responsible for building 1% muscle mass, sorry to destroy your dream and that of other teens.

One, you haven't destroyed anything, except what little sense you wanted others to think you actually had.

Two, I haven't been a teen in nearly 20 years.

Three, supplements are hardly worthless. They ain't miracle workers. But, they are effective when used properly IN ADDITION to a sound diet and training regime.

So, in addition to being a rebel without a clue, you appear to be some poor soul who ate like garbage and thought supplements would substitute for your crappy diet. When that didn't work, you wailed and, in a fit of rage, vowed to curse all supplement companies with all your silly being.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2011, 01:07:44 PM »
One, you haven't destroyed anything, except what little sense you wanted others to think you actually had.

Two, I haven't been a teen in nearly 20 years.

Three, supplements are hardly worthless. They ain't miracle workers. But, they are effective when used properly IN ADDITION to a sound diet and training regime.

So, in addition to being a rebel without a clue, you appear to be some poor soul who ate like garbage and thought supplements would substitute for your crappy diet. When that didn't work, you wailed and, in a fit of rage, vowed to curse all supplement companies with all your silly being.

Enlighten me how supplements make a difference ? which ones other than Protein Powder with your claim with an approximation of a 20 % increasable in pure muscle ? such as you stated - or will you now back peddle on that claim ?
K

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2011, 02:38:37 PM »
i take both kinds of supp.and their is nothing you can get over the counter that does what anabolics do,but that aint the point here.here are the over the counter supp. i use and what they do for me.protien powders and rtds= if of real good quality they increase the amount of protien i get and are convenient and isolates absorb faster than any whole food,there are times when you need fast absorption,creatine=weight gainer for sure and possibly a strenth gainer,n.o. i get a better pump cant always afford or get abombs which also cause a hell of a pump,also various vitamins just for immunesystem health,cant train if sick.on the protien subject it goes the same as juice neither will work if bogus and both work better if of a higher quality.a lot of things like bcaas and crap that is suppose to increase your nat.test.i stay clear of.supplements work you just got to know what you are doing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2011, 07:35:03 PM »
Enlighten me how supplements make a difference ? which ones other than Protein Powder with your claim with an approximation of a 20 % increasable in pure muscle ? such as you stated - or will you now back peddle on that claim ?

You don't read very well. I explained it earlier. Adding protein powders to my regular diet allowed me to consume more calories overall and more protein, than I was getting with just plain food (especially given my schedule). End result: More calories, more protein, more size and strength.

Nice try with the bait-and-switch. First you ask about protein powders. Then, you try and ask, "which ones other than protein powders".

I'm not back-pedaling on anything. I gave a rough guess. I stand by my statement. If that doesn't suit your fancy, too bad!!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »
You don't read very well. I explained it earlier. Adding protein powders to my regular diet allowed me to consume more calories overall and more protein, than I was getting with just plain food (especially given my schedule). End result: More calories, more protein, more size and strength.

Nice try with the bait-and-switch. First you ask about protein powders. Then, you try and ask, "which ones other than protein powders".

I'm not back-pedaling on anything. I gave a rough guess. I stand by my statement. If that doesn't suit your fancy, too bad!!

Plus it tastes good.

Can't understand all the supplement hate, if you don't like protein powder, don't drink it.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2011, 07:56:15 PM »
protein powder is economical, plain and simple. $$$ per gram.. just about the cheapest source you can find anywhere. i eat 3 meals per day and two of them are 60-80 gram whey protein shakes.

Exactly. When people say you save money by eating real food -- not really. The most expensive macro nutrient is protein. For example, here in Hawaii for $40 you get a tub of protein which contains 70 servings at 20 grams of protein per serving. That's less than .60 cents per serving. A can of tuna, considered one of the cheaper sources of protein, and it is, goes for about $1.29 a can which contains 22 grams of protein. Over twice the amount than the protein powder. It's just that with protein powder the initial outlay is much more, 40 bucks, so it seems more expensive. I buy ten cans of tuna it's still only $13.00. So it seems cheaper when it's over twice the cost. It gets more expensive when you compare it to whole eggs, beef, and boneless chicken.

I think these protein powders and meal replacements has it's place. It supplements your regular diet. Sometimes I just don't have the time or the desire to eat breakfast. But a couple of scoops of whey, with a banana, frozen strawberries, a bit of Olive oil, and some fiber powder in a blender really hits the spot. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't eat anything at all.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2011, 08:02:36 PM »
ya i cant eat in the morning either. protein powder saves my life

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2011, 08:09:10 PM »
Exactly. When people say you save money by eating real food -- not really. The most expensive macro nutrient is protein. For example, here in Hawaii for $40 you get a tub of protein which contains 70 servings at 20 grams of protein per serving. That's less than .60 cents per serving. A can of tuna, considered one of the cheaper sources of protein, and it is, goes for about $1.29 a can which contains 22 grams of protein. Over twice the amount than the protein powder. It's just that with protein powder the initial outlay is much more, 40 bucks, so it seems more expensive. I buy ten cans of tuna it's still only $13.00. So it seems cheaper when it's over twice the cost. It gets more expensive when you compare it to whole eggs, beef, and boneless chicken.

I think these protein powders and meal replacements has it's place. It supplements your regular diet. Sometimes I just don't have the time or the desire to eat breakfast. But a couple of scoops of whey, with a banana, frozen strawberries, a bit of Olive oil, and some fiber powder in a blender really hits the spot. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't eat anything at all.

spot on, great post.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2011, 11:44:49 PM »
I dont believe what protein powders labels claim..I dont know why, It might be just me.

expensive baby food in my opinion.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2011, 12:46:53 AM »
I dont believe what protein powders labels claim..I dont know why, It might be just me.

expensive baby food in my opinion.

It's not expensive, that's the point.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2011, 03:32:09 AM »
It's not expensive, that's the point.

How many of those baby food jars do you have to eat to get 20grams of protein?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2011, 03:41:39 AM »
How many of those baby food jars do you have to eat to get 20grams of protein?

LOL, a lot.

And baby food is fucking expensive.

Get a good MRP, for example, you can get a lot of calories from it for a very cheap price.

It's called "supplement", people don't seem to understand that you should not take it INSTEAD food, but to complement your current diet.