Author Topic: UFC 156 - Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar  (Read 7602 times)

suckmymuscle

UFC 156 - Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar
« on: October 08, 2011, 08:02:55 PM »
Did anyone expected this to end in any other way? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...greatest P4P fighter on the planet bar none. Sorry, Anderson, GSP and Jones. Even those three still have to sweat a little to beat top of the top competition. José Aldo just demolishes the very best and makes them look like complete amateur. Kenny Florian is probably the very best at 145 lbs right now besides Aldo, and he got demolished. The best he could do was avoid getting KOd or collapse and get to the end of round 5, but he took the beating of a lifetime. Lolololol

SUCKMYMUSCLE

che

• Getbig V
Re: José Aldo....
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 08:04:54 PM »
He's the best fighter in the UFC .

goomba420

• Getbig III
  • It could always be worse. Positivity is key.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 08:07:03 PM »
UFC is fixed.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 08:09:12 PM »

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
He's the best fighter in the UFC .

Aldo is undoubtedly the greatest P4P MMA fighter on the planet right now. No one else comes even close. Anderson Silva even said that, if Aldo were fighting at 185 lbs, he would retire. Did you see what he did to Mark Hominick in his last fight? LOLOLOLOL...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 12:47:15 AM »
What are you talking about, Stupid? He didn't demolish Kenny. Kenny won the first, edge out in the second, lost the third, fourth could have gone either way, and lost the fifth. Since coming to the UFC Aldo hasn't been nearly as dominate as GSP and Silva have been in their respective divisions. I would add Jones but he's only had one title defense even though he has completely dominated all his opponents.

And it should be "Did you see what Hominick did to Aldo?" That was a wake call for Aldo and no one expected to go to a decision. 

You need to look up "dominated."

Another stupid post by Stupid.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 12:49:28 AM »
What are you talking about, Stupid? He didn't demolish Kenny. Kenny won the first, edge out in the second, lost the third, fourth could have gone either way, and lost the fifth. Since coming to the UFC Aldo hasn't been nearly as dominate as GSP and Silva have been in their respective divisions. I would add Jones but he's only had one title defense even though he has completely dominated all his opponents.

And it should be "Did you see what Hominick did to Aldo?" That was a wake call for Aldo and no one expected to go to a decision. 

You need to look up "dominated."

Another stupid post by Stupid.

agreed its way to early to bring him up in the best p4p discussion. he is a great fighter no doubt BUT time will tell. btw i would like to see hominick get a rematch
irongearco.com

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 01:14:50 AM »
Plus it's a newer division. He and Cruz could get Rich Franklin'd. Frankie Edgar could make 145 easily, yet is #1 at 155. Very impressive.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 03:24:48 AM »
  José Aldo hasn't lost since 2007. I hardly think you morons know what you're talking about. Has he ever even been in trouble in a fight? He destroyed Uriah Faber and he left the octagon in a wheelchair...he left Hominik looking like there was an alien growing inside his skull...90% of his wins are by KO in the first round. The reason why Aldo will move up to 155 lbs is because he has cleaned out his division and there is no one left to fight there.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 03:29:22 AM »
P4P doesnt mean anything, watching 140lb guys fight each other is not interesting. As good as Aldo or Mayweather are, you put them in against any powerful normal sized guy they get hurt badly. Open weight classes are the real test. But yeah he is a dangerous little fucker.

I think they first started throwing p4p around in Ray Robinsons day as a marketing gimmick.
Trans Milkshake.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 03:44:08 AM »
P4P doesnt mean anything, watching 140lb guys fight each other is not interesting. As good as Aldo or Mayweather are, you put them in against any powerful normal sized guy they get hurt badly. Open weight classes are the real test. But yeah he is a dangerous little fucker.

I think they first started throwing p4p around in Ray Robinsons day as a marketing gimmick.

I actually agree with this and have said this many times before. To me, MMA starts at the welterweight division. Watching men with the frame size and muscle development of females fighting is just not interesting. I have little interest in the lower weight classes.

But José Aldo is an exception. He is just so entertaining to watch. I like guys who are fighters. Guys who go in there and try to KO their opponents all the time. Guys who are killers. Wandy is my favorite MMA fighter ever exactly for this: he could lose badly, but as long as he was still on his feet standing, he tried to KO his opponents.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 03:53:58 AM »
 I actually agree with this and have said this many times before. To me, MMA starts at the welterweight division. Watching men with the frame size and muscle development of females fighting is just not interesting. I have little interest in the lower weight classes.

But José Aldo is an exception. He is just so entertaining to watch. I like guys who are fighters. Guys who go in there and try to KO their opponents all the time. Guys who are killers. Wandy is my favorite MMA fighter ever exactly for this: he could lose badly, but as long as he was still on his feet standing, he tried to KO his opponents.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Agree with everything you said. After the science gets worked out athletes start taking advantage of the Inherant shortcomings of the ruleset, and it gets turned in to something that isnt fighting. Fighters like Aldo buck the trend towards that.
Trans Milkshake.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 03:58:29 AM »
jose raymond

Old School Trainer

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 05:02:19 AM »
Have any of you guys heard about Aldo's back?  One of my friends that I don't talk to all that often knows   guys in his camp and I was told that his back is a complete mess.    I heard most guys wouldn't be fighting and surgery or retirement would be not heard with his back.  This would explain why he letting guys stay in these fights as of late? 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 05:43:00 AM »
 Did anyone expected this to end in any other way? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...greatest P4P fighter on the planet bar none. Sorry, Anderson, GSP and Jones. Even those three still have to sweat a little to beat top of the top competition. José Aldo just demolishes the very best and makes them look like complete amateur. Kenny Florian is probably the very best at 145 lbs right now besides Aldo, and he got demolished. The best he could do was avoid getting KOd or collapse and get to the end of round 5, but he took the beating of a lifetime. Lolololol

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Personally, I thought he looked like shit! Kenny nearly won that fight.
V

suckmymuscle

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 05:54:12 AM »
Personally, I thought he looked like shit! Kenny nearly won that fight.

Aldo was never in trouble. He won 4 of the rounds according to the judges and they tied round 1. Florian had both his eyes busted by the end of the fight and Aldo had barely a scratch. Given the fact that Florian has been fighting for 10 years - he already fought semi-professionally for years before being on TUF - and has a lot more experience than Aldo, the latter showed how great he is.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 07:07:56 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I favor technique, skill,strategy, athleticism over brute force , I rather watch Pacquiao, Mayweather, Aldo, Ben Henderson............... ..  etc  over the Klitchsko brothers, Lesnar , Carwin.............etc  any day.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 07:09:33 AM »

suckmymuscle

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 07:37:47 AM »
I favor technique, skill,strategy, athleticism over brute force , I rather watch Pacquiao, Mayweather, Aldo, Ben Henderson............... ..  etc  over the Klitchsko brothers, Lesnar , Carwin.............etc  any day.

What I hate is when fighters try to hold their opponents to stall fights. This is what I despise the most. This is the problem with wrestlers in MMA. I believe that wrestlers have ruined MMA. Once they achieve the takedown, the fight is over. It becomes a snooze fest. They just lay on top of their opponents and keep hitting them with those little punches to win the fight via a decision. GSP is the epitome of this kind of fighter - even though in his fight with Kozschek he did show great boxing - and so is Brock Lesnar. Laying on top of your opponent and doing little punches to their faces makes for boring fights. A BJJ grappling match can be fun to watch. Just remember the epic grappling matches between Fedor and Nog back in PRIDE. So are slams. But "lay&pray" kind of wrestlers annoy me.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 07:58:24 AM »
you are right about the wrestlers-and GSP isnt even a wrestler lol-they need to finish these guys-Im a grappler and wrestlers pick up submission well and you see it more in the other organizations --ALdo is a complete fighter -unreal-congrats to Edgar!
CROM!!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 07:59:10 AM »
  What I hate is when fighters try to hold their opponents to stall fights. This is what I despise the most. This is the problem with wrestlers in MMA. I believe that wrestlers have ruined MMA. Once they achieve the takedown, the fight is over. It becomes a snooze fest. They just lay on top of their opponents and keep hitting them with those little punches to win the fight via a decision. GSP is the epitome of this kind of fighter - even though in his fight with Kozschek he did show great boxing - and so is Brock Lesnar. Laying on top of your opponent and doing little punches to their faces makes for boring fights. A BJJ grappling match can be fun to watch. Just remember the epic grappling matches between Fedor and Nog back in PRIDE. So are slams. But "lay&pray" kind of wrestlers annoy me.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I agree but if you are a fighter you are going to do whatever it takes to win the fight ,if you are wrestler and you are getting your ass kicked standing up   you are going to do  what you do best  .

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 08:01:05 AM »
Soennen did it the right way -total control and a submission -no stalling
CROM!!

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 08:03:53 AM »

I would rather watch athletic fighters open weight class, yeah i know its rare lol.

I just think p4p is a missleading term, strength, power, size are just as natural gifts as speed, movement et cetera. You here people say things like if he wasn't so big a lot, or if Pac was a heavyweight..(like he would be the same fighter)... no shit and if you take Tommy Hearns' power away he isnt quite so dangerous imao.
Trans Milkshake.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 08:20:12 AM »

I would rather watch athletic fighters open weight class, yeah i know its rare lol.

I just think p4p is a missleading term, strength, power, size are just as natural gifts as speed, movement et cetera. You here people say things like if he wasn't so big a lot, or if Pac was a heavyweight..(like he would be the same fighter)... no shit and if you take Tommy Hearns' power away he isnt quite so dangerous imao.

No, P4P is real. Here is how you determine P4P ranking: You ask yourself the following question: If all fighters from all weight classes were the same weight and you pitted them all against each other, who would win? P4P is very real, and it is a shame that physics stops us from having epic fights like Aldo vs Jones, or Franky Edgar vs Cain Velasquez.

SUCKYMUSCLE

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 09:10:03 AM »
  No, P4P is real. Here is how you determine P4P ranking: You ask yourself the following question: If all fighters from all weight classes were the same weight and you pitted them all against each other, who would win? P4P is very real, and it is a shame that physics stops us from having epic fights like Aldo vs Jones, or Franky Edgar vs Cain Velasquez.

SUCKYMUSCLE

Attributes dont scale like that unfortunately.
Trans Milkshake.