Author Topic: 49ers  (Read 28501 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: 49ers vs Giants
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »

Instead of Flip, you got me instead.

Even with both Flip and I being good sports about it, you're still acting like a bitch. Congratulations, on whatever it is you're attempting to achieve. :)

i'm just doing what he did to me after the only 6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS lost to the broncos, packers, and 49ers within the past year

if you're going to dish it out, you better be able to take it ;)

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2012, 09:54:25 PM »
people say they are proud to see their team make it to the conference title game or super bowl, and they have a reason to be proud because it takes a lot to make it that far

but the further your team makes it, the more the loss stings

the losses in the super bowl and afc title games hurt far more than the first round playoff losses to the broncos and jaguars, heck they hurt more than the non playoff years

E

E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: 49ers
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2012, 10:30:48 PM »
Tough loss.  Great season.  I'm happy.  Never expected them to perform this well.  Really looking forward to next season. 

Now how do I get myself to watch that yawner of a Super Bowl?  Not a lot of great story lines. 

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2012, 05:57:02 AM »
I'm here Earl. Though it hurts, I'm not saddened by the 9ers season at all. With expectations of only a winning season, they went far beyond and I can live with the loss. We were only 2 mistakes (both by Kyle Williams) away, since NY couldn't move the ball much in the 4th. The defense played pretty stout (Giants had a 3.9 average per play total) and sacked the hell out of Manning. The 2 mistakes led to 10 points, which is what it took for NY to win.
I'm very content with our season this year, and look forward to next year. Definitely need a stand out WR and need to work on 3rd down efficiency. A friend who was at the game said the 4th quarter got really windy which caused the ball to float on both teams.
We're a young team and will have most everyone back. I know that any free agents we have will want to resign because that gives them a chance to compete for another championship.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2012, 05:58:08 AM »
you still think they're soft?

E
You're not gonna tell me that NY beat us. Williams gave them 10 points.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2012, 06:10:04 AM »

I wasn't aware they signed special teams players from the parking lot before each game. I thought special teams were an integral part of every team. Guess not.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2012, 08:23:24 AM »
I wasn't aware they signed special teams players from the parking lot before each game. I thought special teams were an integral part of every team. Guess not.
10 points of Williams 2 muffs. Both on short field. I'd say that the game was lost on those 2 mistakes since we were ahead at the time. Overtime showed that both teams had a hard time moving the ball.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2012, 08:32:51 AM »
SF should have won that game.. They mad adjustments to victor cruz as he was killing rogers. But still the game comes down to the muffed punts.. thats it and thats all..

Oh also.. they should have tried to milk the Vernon Davis match up problem. Ross is slow as shit and couldnt keep up.

If they keep that team together they will meet The Steelers in the super bowl  next year

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2012, 08:42:37 AM »
10 points of Williams 2 muffs. Both on short field. I'd say that the game was lost on those 2 mistakes since we were ahead at the time. Overtime showed that both teams had a hard time moving the ball.

It was 1 muff punt. And the other turnover he was stripped by Jacquian Williams.

Give the giants special teams a little credit and you'll sound a little less cry babyish.

The week before the saints gave your team a handful of turnovers which led to points. At least one strip. And the outcome was still decided in the final moments of the game. Should we pick out one of the saints players and blame the loss on one man? Of course not. Thats not how games are judged. That's how cry babies judge the game.

You want to judge the game? Your team couldn't buy a 3rd down conversion. Let's start there.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »
SF should have won that game.. They mad adjustments to victor cruz as he was killing rogers. But still the game comes down to the muffed punts.. thats it and thats all..

Oh also.. they should have tried to milk the Vernon Davis match up problem. Ross is slow as shit and couldnt keep up.

If they keep that team together they will meet The Steelers in the super bowl  next year

I don't think either team "should have" won the game.  Yeah the Giants got points because of ST issues, but they also held SF to one (one?) 3 rd down conversion.  Outside of the two Davis passes, SF's offense was poop.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2012, 10:21:38 AM »
Tough loss.  Great season.  I'm happy.  Never expected them to perform this well.  Really looking forward to next season. 

Now how do I get myself to watch that yawner of a Super Bowl?  Not a lot of great story lines. 

why do you need a "great" story line to enjoy a game?  go watch a soap opera

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2012, 10:23:30 AM »

the final score says ny beat the 49ers, once again this team is the 2001 steelers where many of the fans don't think that special teams is a part of the game

the saints gave your team two special teams turnovers, so the saints beat themselves?

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2012, 10:27:43 AM »

E

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It's football, not the WWF.

You watch the superbowl because you fucking want watch football.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2012, 11:33:07 AM »
Kick returner for the Niners stood up and answered all the questions thrown at him.

....props.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »

E

Aren't all the soaps off the air?  I don't care about either team.  Neither one excites me.  Not a Beli-cheat fan.  Can't stand Eli.  I'll probably be at the gym. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2012, 11:43:50 AM »
Kick returner for the Niners stood up and answered all the questions thrown at him.

....props.

Good for him.  I heard he got death threats.   ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2012, 11:55:18 AM »
Aren't all the soaps off the air?  I don't care about either team.  Neither one excites me.  Not a Beli-cheat fan.  Can't stand Eli.  I'll probably be at the gym. 

Fans of the game of football will be watching it.

No wonder you make nonsensical statements about teams and players 1/2 the time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2012, 12:26:01 PM »

Fans of the game of football will be watching it.

No wonder you make nonsensical statements about teams and players 1/2 the time.

Who gives a rip??  A lot of fans will not be watching.  GB or NO v. NE would have drawn much higher ratings than NY v. NE.  Matchups drive ratings.  Happens in all sports.  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2012, 02:12:27 PM »
Who gives a rip??  A lot of fans will not be watching.  GB or NO v. NE would have drawn much higher ratings than NY v. NE.  Matchups drive ratings.  Happens in all sports. 

yea ok their first game 42 was the forth highest watched,more of that talking out your ass

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2012, 02:54:45 PM »
Thats not how games are judged. That's how cry babies judge the game.

You want to judge the game? Your team couldn't buy a 3rd down conversion. Let's start there.

You know, I sat down all last night attempting to explain how I felt about the loss to various people. Tried to come across as a stand up person and not bitch about the loss.

No matter how you spin it, you're going to have at least 1-2 people that perceive it a different way than you intended and therefore you now sound like you're crying.

When it comes down to the game, Williams muffed the 1st punt. We battled back from that to tie the game. Then Williams was stripped of the 2nd kick...again both on a short field. That was all she wrote. Someone will say I'm making excuses. How is it an excuse? It's what happened, right?

With the lack of 3rd down conversions, yes that was a problem but we still tied the game with the lack of efficiency! We made adjustments to Cruz, we sacked Manning. We battled and battled. The game just turned out to be against the Niners and that's that.

No matter how I try to explain it I'm going to have some ass attempt to spin it another way. When really, that's the person that is being the cry baby.

Congrats to the Giants and their fans...I hope they fare well in the 'Bowl. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2012, 03:12:26 PM »
yea ok their first game 42 was the forth highest watched,more of that talking out your ass

Check and check.

Mark doesn't know shit about anything, but he sure does pretend to.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2012, 03:57:19 PM »

If you translate this into English I might respond.   :)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2012, 04:02:14 PM »

translation =  you don't know what the fu#k your talking about :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2012, 04:05:52 PM »

Ok.  I understood most of that.   :)  You write like a third grader.  lol 

In any event, are you saying matchups don't drive ratings? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »

No shit... He said that Superbowl 42 (Their first meeting) was the 4th most watched superbowl of all time.

Not to mention that the Giants win was the most watched conference title game since 1995.

I hope Mark knows more about law than Football or he's fucked.