Author Topic: 49ers  (Read 28460 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: 49ers
« Reply #200 on: January 23, 2012, 04:12:15 PM »
Ok.  I understood most of that.   :)  You write like a third grader.  lol 

In any event, are you saying matchups don't drive ratings? 

And more importantly, why am I talking to a gimmick?   :-\

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #201 on: January 23, 2012, 04:30:47 PM »
And more importantly, why am I talking to a gimmick?   :-\

you bullshit like a politician ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #202 on: January 23, 2012, 05:57:56 PM »
Aren't all the soaps off the air?  I don't care about either team.  Neither one excites me.  Not a Beli-cheat fan.  Can't stand Eli.  I'll probably be at the gym. 

who goes to the gym on a sunday night?

you don't want to watch because you think your team should've been in the game

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »
the ratings supposedly have been getting better each year since super bowl 42 which was the pats/giants super bowl

i don't see the ratings getting worse with two large market teams

and nobody is going to watch the super bowl just because new orleans is in it, other than a few people in that city

most people probably couldn't name a player other than drew brees, and even those people probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
who goes to the gym on a sunday night?

you don't want to watch because you think your team should've been in the game

E

Lots of people.  But the game isn't on Sunday night.   :)

I don't want to watch because I could care less who wins and doubt I would enjoy the game. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »
the ratings supposedly have been getting better each year since super bowl 42 which was the pats/giants super bowl

i don't see the ratings getting worse with two large market teams

and nobody is going to watch the super bowl just because new orleans is in it, other than a few people in that city

most people probably couldn't name a player other than drew brees, and even those people probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup

E

Really?  How were the ratings when Brees won the SB? 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2012, 07:28:45 PM »
Really?  How were the ratings when Brees won the SB? 

they were the highest ever until last year

i'm sure everybody tuned in to see drew brees, the game being more hyped than ever has nothing to do with it ::)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »
Lots of people.  But the game isn't on Sunday night.   :)

I don't want to watch because I could care less who wins and doubt I would enjoy the game. 

you'll watch a meaningless nba game, but you won't watch or enjoy the biggest game of the year?

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »
they were the highest ever until last year

i'm sure everybody tuned in to see drew brees, the game being more hyped than ever has nothing to do with it ::)

E

E

So the ratings were the highest ever because of Brees, but nobody would watch the game because he plays in it?  Doesn't sound very consistent. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2012, 07:48:32 PM »

you'll watch a meaningless nba game, but you won't watch or enjoy the biggest game of the year?

E

It's only meaningless when the Lakers lose.   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2012, 08:25:26 PM »

So the ratings were the highest ever because of Brees, but nobody would watch the game because he plays in it?  Doesn't sound very consistent. 

Pot meet Kettle.

The bottom line is that the Superbowl is insanely popular and always will be, only people who are not fans of football do not watch the Super Bowl every year.

If you don't watch the Super Bowl, don't make conversation about football... You WILL of course, because you're an idiot, but you no one should EVER pay any attention to your statements.

I have watched EVERY Super Bowl since Super Bowl XVIII in 1984... EVERY single one.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2012, 08:48:18 PM »

like i said before the ratings have improved each year

where did anybody say they were the highest ever because of brees?  or is that just what you want to think, even though there were probably at least 4 or 5 quarterbacks that were more famous than him before that game?

this matchup isn't interesting to you because your bitter your team lost, it is interesting to everybody else

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2012, 08:49:52 PM »
Pot meet Kettle.

The bottom line is that the Superbowl is insanely popular and always will be, only people who are not fans of football do not watch the Super Bowl every year.

If you don't watch the Super Bowl, don't make conversation about football... You WILL of course, because you're an idiot, but you no one should EVER pay any attention to your statements.

I have watched EVERY Super Bowl since Super Bowl XVIII in 1984... EVERY single one.

he's not a sports fan, he's a fan of his local teams

he actually believes the 80's were the best era of football, no coincidence his favorite team was the team of the 80's ::)

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2012, 11:05:21 AM »
like i said before the ratings have improved each year

where did anybody say they were the highest ever because of brees?  or is that just what you want to think, even though there were probably at least 4 or 5 quarterbacks that were more famous than him before that game?

this matchup isn't interesting to you because your bitter your team lost, it is interesting to everybody else

E

Well duh.  Of course I'd be more interested in the game if the Niners were in the Super Bowl. 

Bitter?  lol  Ok.   :)

And no, it's not interesting to "everybody else." 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2012, 11:10:03 AM »
he's not a sports fan, he's a fan of his local teams

he actually believes the 80's were the best era of football, no coincidence his favorite team was the team of the 80's ::)

E

There is at least some truth to this.  I'm a Laker fan more than an NBA fan (especially since the game has gone into the crapper); a Niner fan more than an NFL fan, unless I'm playing FF; a Tiger fan rather than a golf fan; an American tennis player fan, unless Nadal and Federer are playing each other; and a fan of all UH sports, which I would never otherwise watch.  

Yes, the 80s and even the early 90s were the glory days.  The Cowboys, Niners, Skins played football the way it ought to be played.  

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »
Well duh.  Of course I'd be more interested in the game if the Niners were in the Super Bowl. 

Bitter?  lol  Ok.   :)

And no, it's not interesting to "everybody else." 

it's ok if you're bitter, i always hear of people not watching the super bowl when their team loses in the conference championship

i remember in 2005 bill cowher intenionally flew to hawaii for the pro bowl while the super bowl was being played, he couldn't watch it after a 15 - 1 season and a 4th home afc title game loss

it will be watched by at least 100 million homes, not counting the millions watching it at a bar or friends house so yeah basically "everybody else"

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2012, 01:08:25 PM »
There is at least some truth to this.  I'm a Laker fan more than an NBA fan (especially since the game has gone into the crapper); a Niner fan more than an NFL fan, unless I'm playing FF; a Tiger fan rather than a golf fan; an American tennis player fan, unless Nadal and Federer are playing each other; and a fan of all UH sports, which I would never otherwise watch.  

Yes, the 80s and even the early 90s were the glory days.  The Cowboys, Niners, Skins played football the way it ought to be played.  

like tu holmes said, you're opinion on sports should not be taken seriously

you don't like the games, you just have your favorites like a parent that goes to games only because their son is playing

any opinion you have will just be biased and should be ignored

E

E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: January 25, 2012, 01:30:28 PM »
it's ok if you're bitter, i always hear of people not watching the super bowl when their team loses in the conference championship

i remember in 2005 bill cowher intenionally flew to hawaii for the pro bowl while the super bowl was being played, he couldn't watch it after a 15 - 1 season and a 4th home afc title game loss

it will be watched by at least 100 million homes, not counting the millions watching it at a bar or friends house so yeah basically "everybody else"

E

Me and bitter don't belong in the same sentence.  I laugh too much and have way too much fun.   :) 

There will be millions of people who don't watch, and many will not watch because of the match up.  One of my friends who is part owner of the Packers (lol) probably won't watch it either.     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: January 25, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
like tu holmes said, you're opinion on sports should not be taken seriously

you don't like the games, you just have your favorites like a parent that goes to games only because their son is playing

any opinion you have will just be biased and should be ignored

E

Really?  You mean nobody will take my sports opinions seriously?  I guess my quest for message board sports opinion validation failed??   :'( 

I guess I should just stick to my Shaq bashing thread.  lol

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »
Really?  You mean nobody will take my sports opinions seriously?  I guess my quest for message board sports opinion validation failed??   :'( 

Shaq is retired... If you rehash that thread, it makes you look even more stupid.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2012, 04:22:57 PM »
Me and bitter don't belong in the same sentence.  I laugh too much and have way too much fun.   :) 

There will be millions of people who don't watch, and many will not watch because of the match up.  One of my friends who is part owner of the Packers (lol) probably won't watch it either.     

99% of the people not watching have a vagina in between their legs, the malls will be empty :)

a packers owner haha who could be more disappointed with this season after going 15 - 1 and on their way to being "the best team ever"

i wouldn't watch if i were him either ;)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2012, 04:24:09 PM »

yes bash the man that carried your favorite team to 3 titles and somehow got your overrated hero in the michael jordan argument ::)

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2012, 05:40:10 PM »
yes bash the man that carried your favorite team to 3 titles and somehow got your overrated hero in the michael jordan argument ::)

E

Yes, I will continue to bash Snack, when I get a relevant story.  I did for like five years on the board.  lol.  Or I might just bump the thread when I'm feeling nostalgic.   :D 

Wait.  You're the one who said Bird was overrated.  LOL! 

Hopefully Kobe gets another ring or three before he hangs it up.  But in the meantime: