Author Topic: Hostel 3  (Read 15328 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Hostel 3
« on: October 14, 2011, 06:55:19 PM »
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/26731

This one is going straight to DVD and should be a good Blu-Ray pick up. I am not expecting much though.  
D

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Re: Hostel 3
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 08:56:59 PM »
I thought the first two were gtg. Have them both on DVD and have watched them multiple times. I will definately be buying three.

No Eli Roth?? FUCK!!!
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:59:27 PM »
I thought the first two were gtg. Have them both on DVD and have watched them multiple times. I will definately be buying three.

I have the first two on both formats and will be doing the same for Hostel 3
D

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »
I am also looking forward to Paranormal Activity 3. The franchise has been a total hit for me. Any other great horror films you suggest Doug? I think I have seen most of them, but throw a few out and lets see. Kiwi suggested some Asian horror which I have Netflixed.
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 10:37:18 PM »
I am also looking forward to Paranormal Activity 3. The franchise has been a total hit for me. Any other great horror films you suggest Doug? I think I have seen most of them, but throw a few out and lets see. Kiwi suggested some Asian horror which I have Netflixed.

This is the second thing in my life that i know.  ;) Michigan sports is the first thing i know best.  8)

It depends on what you are looking for? I love 80's horror and B Horror Movies.

Asian and Korean horror films are pretty freaky, but ohhhh so good.  8)

I am not a fan of the new horror films and that includes Paranormal Activity series.  :-\ Sorry, bro.

Let us know what you have and have not seen...... 8) And then i can point you into the right direction.  ;)
D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 12:41:17 AM »
 :D

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 07:35:04 PM »
This is the second thing in my life that i know.  ;) Michigan sports is the first thing i know best.  8)

It depends on what you are looking for? I love 80's horror and B Horror Movies.

Asian and Korean horror films are pretty freaky, but ohhhh so good.  8)

I am not a fan of the new horror films and that includes Paranormal Activity series.  :-\ Sorry, bro.

Let us know what you have and have not seen...... 8) And then i can point you into the right direction.  ;)
I've searched through Netflix and I have already seen those that I thought were good.

T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 07:41:19 PM »
I've searched through Netflix and I have already seen those that I thought were good.

Have you seen the early 80's horror films? Those were my favorites.  :)
D

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 08:52:09 PM »
Have you seen the early 80's horror films? Those were my favorites.  :)
Any examples? If they weren't too obscure and they were good i've probably seen them.
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 10:26:25 PM »
Any examples? If they weren't too obscure and they were good i've probably seen them.

Slumber party Massacre series, "the Fog" - original, Maniac Cop series, Creep show 1 & 2.  8) Watch the original Creepshow.  8)
D

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 10:16:53 AM »
Slumber party Massacre series, "the Fog" - original, Maniac Cop series, Creep show 1 & 2.  8) Watch the original Creepshow.  8)
Never saw Slumber Party Massacre, I will look it up. I saw the Fog years ago might be time for a rewatch. Maniac Cop, never heard of it. Original Creepshow was real good, "Hold your breath" beach scene. Never saw part two, was it really worthwhile?
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 11:38:20 AM »
Never saw Slumber Party Massacre, I will look it up. I saw the Fog years ago might be time for a rewatch. Maniac Cop, never heard of it. Original Creepshow was real good, "Hold your breath" beach scene. Never saw part two, was it really worthwhile?

It was funny if you have some time to kill. I will watch "the Fog" today sometime.  8) I have seen it numerous times and i still love it. the sleep away camp series is a good one too and it has Bruce Springsteen's sister as the lead in that B series.   8)
D

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 06:45:15 PM »
It was funny if you have some time to kill. I will watch "the Fog" today sometime.  8) I have seen it numerous times and i still love it. the sleep away camp series is a good one too and it has Bruce Springsteen's sister as the lead in that B series.   8)
For me funny and horror don't mix. I read some reviews on Slumber Party... and it didn't seem like the type of horror I enjoy. Seemed more slasher/campy. I enjoyed Paranormal because it seemed close to reality for me which made it good horror imo, the characters did an excellent job and were very believable. I don't like brutality for the sake of brutality I like when the brutality is backed up by a solid story and void of humor. So much of the horror genre is campy/slasher and thats why their are so few good horror films that I enjoy. So, if you know of  horror films with solid stories and a lot of intensity throw some of those out there.
T

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
Doug, you need to recommend some titles in my Asian & European horror movies thread. I haven't seen the second Hostel yet. Saw the first one and was put off by some of the scenes. I went through a phase in my 20s where I was watching a lot of movies that had gore for the sake of it, but got it out of my system.

Only seen the first 3 movies of the Saw series and didn't like it much.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 06:53:33 PM »
For me funny and horror don't mix. I read some reviews on Slumber Party... and it didn't seem like the type of horror I enjoy. Seemed more slasher/campy. I enjoyed Paranormal because it seemed close to reality for me which made it good horror imo, the characters did an excellent job and were very believable. I don't like brutality for the sake of brutality I like when the brutality is backed up by a solid story and void of humor. So much of the horror genre is campy/slasher and thats why their are so few good horror films that I enjoy. So, if you know of  horror films with solid stories and a lot of intensity throw some of those out there.

Ok. I need to know what you were looking for and give me a few....i am working on  few projects but will get back to you. k.  :)
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 06:56:34 PM »
Doug, you need to recommend some titles in my Asian & European horror movies thread. I haven't seen the second Hostel yet. Saw the first one and was put off by some of the scenes. I went through a phase in my 20s where I was watching a lot of movies that had gore for the sake of it, but got it out of my system.

Only seen the first 3 movies of the Saw series and didn't like it much.

I liked the first Hotel, but the second is, well, i will let you judge because i do not wanna tell you what happens.  :) I watch all kinds of horror, but i understand what you are looking for now. I am not a fan or gore, but it does not make or ruin the film for me....well, too much can.  >:(
D

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 08:14:53 PM »
I liked the first Hotel, but the second is, well, i will let you judge because i do not wanna tell you what happens.  :) I watch all kinds of horror, but i understand what you are looking for now. I am not a fan or gore, but it does not make or ruin the film for me....well, too much can.  >:(
I liked them both the same, although I think I liked part two better because of the character Beth. She was an excellent lead and on a wyhi scale she gets a easy 10. I was so hoping for a titty shot, didn't happen. >:(
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 08:53:15 PM »
I liked them both the same, although I think I liked part two better because of the character Beth. She was an excellent lead and on a wyhi scale she gets a easy 10. I was so hoping for a titty shot, didn't happen. >:(

I did not find it that good, but you are right about going into depth in detail about the character, Beth. I found the first one more interesting because i have traveled overseas and it is EPIC! For me, a American and seeing "CULTURE" and the fear of loosing one of my buddies actually freaked me and my friends out.  :) I am studying right now, but i am trying to think of some of the one's you may have not heard of. I would suggest the original "Piranha". I love it and it is better and better every single time. I know this is mainstream, but have you ever seen, "The Strangers"?  8) It is good, but weird because i could actually see that happening in real life. It's movies like those that make you think, "Are there really people out there?" and the answer is, YES!
D

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 08:55:28 PM »
I did not find it that good, but you are right about going into depth in detail about the character, Beth. I found the first one more interesting because i have traveled overseas and it is EPIC! For me, a American and seeing "CULTURE" and the fear of loosing one of my buddies actually freaked me and my friends out.  :) I am studying right now, but i am trying to think of some of the one's you may have not heard of. I would suggest the original "Piranha". I love it and it is better and better every single time. I know this is mainstream, but have you ever seen, "The Strangers"?  8) It is good, but weird because i could actually see that happening in real life. It's movies like those that make you think, "Are there really people out there?" and the answer is, YES!
I saw The Strangers. The stabbing at the end was epic. Loved that.
T

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 09:10:05 PM »
Others i've seen recently and liked:
The Orphan-more thriller than horror but good
Turistas- Hostel vibe
I Spit On Your Grave-Saw one and two, liked two better the girl was hot.
Paranormal Activity- one and two

All mainstream movies but I haven't searched out the obscure yet.
Good horror films a few and far between these days.

I re-watched Halloween the other night and it wasn't as epic
as my previous viewings.
T

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 09:13:19 PM »
After reading some reviews of Piranha it seems it is more T and A than horror. :-\
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »
After reading some reviews of Piranha it seems it is more T and A than horror. :-\

See the "Original" Piranha.  :) The new one was a huge disappointment.
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 09:17:10 PM »
Others i've seen recently and liked:
The Orphan-more thriller than horror but good
Turistas- Hostel vibe
I Spit On Your Grave-Saw one and two, liked two better the girl was hot.
Paranormal Activity- one and two

All mainstream movies but I haven't searched out the obscure yet.
Good horror films a few and far between these days.

I re-watched Halloween the other night and it wasn't as epic
as my previous viewings.

Terrible.

The original was much better, but definitely not a movie you wanna watch with your G/F.
D

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »
Terrible.

The original was much better, but definitely not a movie you wanna watch with your G/F.
Turistas wasn't great but I wouldn't say it was horrible.
I will check out the original Piranha, think I saw it when I was a kid.
Did you see The Orphan?
Also, original Hellraiser was excellent. Pinhead is an awesome character.
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 09:24:22 PM »
Turistas wasn't great but I wouldn't say it was horrible.
I will check out the original Piranha, think I saw it when I was a kid.
Did you see The Orphan?
Also, original Hellraiser was excellent. Pinhead is an awesome character.

Is that the one with the little girl who is actually older? If so, yes and it was a major disappointment.

Hellraiser one and two were great.  8)

I love watching the original Piranha and the characters.  ;)
D