Author Topic: Richard Dawkins Calls O'Reilly Dumbass.  (Read 45499 times)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: Richard Dawkins Calls O'Reilly Dumbass.
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2011, 04:13:16 PM »
........and it begins

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2011, 04:15:25 PM »
richard dawkins is still alive?!

good for him...I loved him on "The Family Fued" and "Hogan's Heroes"

Don't forget Running Man

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2011, 04:18:04 PM »
Don't forget Running Man

this is a good movie

so remember motherfuckers- if it wasn't for Jesus, THERE WOULD BE NO HOGAN'S HEROES OR RUNNINGMAN

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2011, 04:39:08 PM »
this is a good movie

so remember motherfuckers- if it wasn't for Jesus, THERE WOULD BE NO HOGAN'S HEROES OR RUNNINGMAN

You fucking crack me up, man...as do these threads full of internet intellectuals who continually resort to ad hominem attacks and cut and paste jobs of their hero Dawkins (or conversely Ben Stein) because they very likely have little to no formal training in science (let alone evolutionary biology) and couldn't even begin to provide a rational defense of their beliefs.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2011, 04:42:56 PM »
fact of the matter is this-

most Atheists make a cause out of the idea that something doesn't exist....

...Think about that- they started a group because they believe that something isn't there

I don't believe that Barney the Dinosaur is actual Dinosaur......hmmmm maybe I should start a cause about it and write several books about how Barney the Dinosaur isn't a real dinosaur

Honestly, most Atheists are just bitter about how "Jesus" took the life of their Goldfish when they were 6

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2011, 04:44:30 PM »
If Mr. Dawkins were so smart, then he should realize that he shouldn't engage in a debate on an entertainment show.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2011, 04:45:11 PM »
Now, onto the "jesus freaks"

seriously, do you really think that this omnipotent force really gives a shit about whether or not that you fuck another dude or a black chick or you cousin that one time at your grandma's house

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »

seriously, do you really think that this omnipotent force really gives a shit about whether or not that you fuck another dude or a black chick or you cousin that one time at your grandma's house

Let it out johnny, let it all out.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2011, 04:48:29 PM »
fact of the matter is this-

most Atheists make a cause out of the idea that something doesn't exist....

...Think about that- they started a group because they believe that something isn't there

I don't believe that Barney the Dinosaur is actual Dinosaur......hmmmm maybe I should start a cause about it and write several books about how Barney the Dinosaur isn't a real dinosaur

Honestly, most Atheists are just bitter about how "Jesus" took the life of their Goldfish when they were 6

WRONG!! It has to do more with people instilling their religious beliefs into modern society. Like, texas wanting to rewrite science books and put in creationism, which is not science. Or people being against stem cell research because of their religious beliefs, which holds back scientific progress. Id have no problem with theists, IF they didnt try to push their beliefs into every facet of society. Its when religion retards scientific progress or any other progress that I have a problem with.
X

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2011, 04:48:57 PM »
Did O'Reilly really say that?

There is a reason for the Moon and the Sun...
it's the religious "logic".

what they don't know/understand/comprehend, it's 'god created it' lol....

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2011, 04:49:26 PM »

What do you believe,JNN ?

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2011, 04:50:50 PM »
I like how everyone thinks they're right and they are so smug and emotionally invested in proving the superiority of their point of view.
The answer is "yes".

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2011, 04:51:50 PM »
it's the religious "logic".

what they don't know/understand/comprehend, it's 'god created it' lol....

Its called "God of the Gaps"
X

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »
WRONG!! It has to do more with people instilling their religious beliefs into modern society. Like, texas wanting to rewrite science books and put in creationism, which is not science. Or people being against stem cell research because of their religious beliefs, which holds back scientific progress. Id have no problem with theists, IF they didnt try to push their beliefs into every facet of society. Its when religion retards scientific progress or any other progress that I have a problem with.

see....most people tend to confuse religous freaks with people with spirtuality

religous freaks try to put the fear of "God" into you and tell you that this is bad and God will Spite you for that........These people are idiots

Now, people who are spiritual accept that their is something bigger than all of us but don't listen to all that psychobabble that racists who wear funny robes tell us.

Like, I believe that their is a God but I know that this God doesn't care if I masturbate four times a day or if I lie to my parents or if we use stem cell research

ps most atheists are pompous assholes

What do you believe,JNN ?

again, in my eyes there is something bigger than all of us

but that thing DOES NOT care what I do with my life

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2011, 04:53:38 PM »

Well said and I touched on many points you already made , it's when they keep pushing their Bronze age myths on the rest of us when I have the problem , separation of church and state

Believe your fairy tales all you'd like put stop trying to impede progress

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2011, 04:55:33 PM »
see....most people tend to confuse religous freaks with people with spirtuality

religous freaks try to put the fear of "God" into you and tell you that this is bad and God will Spite you for that........These people are idiots

Now, people who are spiritual accept that their is something bigger than all of us but don't listen to all that psychobabble that racists who wear funny robes tell us.

Like, I believe that their is a God but I know that this God doesn't care if I masturbate four times a day or if I lie to my parents or if we use stem cell research

ps most atheists are pompous assholes

Your are right and wrong. Spirituality is the umbrella, in which many there are a multitude of ways to be spiritual. Some of these are are religion, yoga, meditation, etc. No, not all people who are spiritual accept that there is something bigger than all of us. Where are you getting this from? You can be spiritual without believing and worshiping a higher power or something bigger than yourself. Simple meditation and mindfulness is being spiritual, without a belief in anything higher persay.
X

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »
seriously though....Atheism is a cause based on the idea that something doesn't exist

again, i'm not against anyone being a Atheist.......I just don't get all the effort and hardwork that goes into telling someone that you don't believe in something

I mean, the dawkins guy has written several books and has done several speaking engagements where he has spoken several words.....why waste all this time and paper when you can just say "HEY ASSHOLE- GOD ISN'T REAL"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2011, 04:57:39 PM »
seriously though....Atheism is a cause based on the idea that something doesn't exist

again, i'm not against anyone being a Atheist.......I just don't get all the effort and hardwork that goes into telling someone that you don't believe in something

As stated above, the Atheist movement is more of a response to theists trying to instill their beliefs into modern society.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2011, 04:58:35 PM »
Well said and I touched on many points you already made , it's when they keep pushing their Bronze age myths on the rest of us when I have the problem , separation of church and state

Believe your fairy tales all you'd like put stop trying to impede progress

Exactly. Unfortunately, it appears that EVERYTHING goes against the bible, hence theists constant barrage of attacks against scientific progress in some areas.
X

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2011, 04:59:36 PM »

So explain to me: why is evolution "science" but creationism not? Seems to me that they share the common approach of making observations about nature and attempting to provide explanations about how certain observable phenomena came about. Just because one posits a deity in the mix does not mean it can't be right. (Of course, most proponents of evolution claim that a "naturalistic" explanation is required, thus eliminating creationism as an explanation on definition alone...not because it can't provide a reasonable explanation for observed phenomena.)  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2011, 05:01:02 PM »
So explain to me: why is evolution "science" but creationism not? Seems to me that they share the common approach of making observations about nature and attempting to provide explanations about how certain observable phenomena came about. Just because one posits a deity in the mix does not mean it can't be right. (Of course, most proponents of evolution claim that a "naturalistic" explanation is required, thus eliminating creationism as an explanation on definition alone...not because it can't provide a reasonable explanation for observed phenomena.)  

X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2011, 05:02:37 PM »

It's like Christopher Hitchens says he's more of an ' anti-theist ' than an atheist , Atheism is just the lack of belief in God(s) the more proactive and aggressive stance is the antitheism because people are just sick and tired of believers pushing their beliefs on the rest of society

a lot of believers are just like vegetarians , they just can't be happy with their position it must now be forced on everyone else. And we live in a great time , because we don't have to fear reprisals from believers any longer , back then they would burn a mother fucker or stone them for even denying the existence of God , now and days we can publicly mock their beliefs.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »
I agree,  Atheist are just as annoying as Christians,Muslims,....................etc.
                                                                                                                    PS: I don't believe in nothing.

Perhaps, but the big push of atheism is really only in response to theists trying to push their beliefs into every facet of society. To a certain extent, you should be thankful that atheists ward off the theists from instilling their beliefs into society (anti abortion and anti gay marriage)--if not, you might be forced to go to church and believe in god, otherwise they will burn you at the stake for being  a witch  :D :D  I mean, where does it end? Take away abortion and gay marriage rights. Whats next? Would you really want to live under a theocracy?  :-\
X

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2011, 05:04:09 PM »
Exactly. Unfortunately, it appears that EVERYTHING goes against the bible, hence theists constant barrage of attacks against scientific progress in some areas.

Creationism is not necessarily inherently religious. Deists are creationists too. Although most prominent creationists are Christians, creationism can be separated from religion.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2011, 05:04:33 PM »
Pascal's Wager......that's all I can say  ;)