Author Topic: How do you deal with people telling you boring stories about their life  (Read 5447 times)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
T

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: How do you deal with people telling you boring stories about their life
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 04:38:04 PM »
you know what the worst is?

when you have to bare with a hot girls boring stories and pretend they are interesting only to find out that she has a boyfriend

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 04:39:03 PM »
you know what the worst is?

when you have to bare with a hot girls boring stories and pretend they are interesting only to find out that she has a boyfriend
Gelato biz still going well?
T

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 04:40:08 PM »
MIK, thanks! It's always good to read intelligent posts on this board even though I disagree in substance.

And UBERMAN, whom  I sometimes disagree with entirely, has also offered an intelligent and worthwhile comment.

Dis-aggrement is not always unanimous with appreciation.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 04:42:54 PM »
Gelato biz still going well?

well enough
it beats working as a trainer

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 04:44:52 PM »
I like to mong out, let them finish and then say Did you say something.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 04:45:21 PM »
well enough
it beats working as a trainer
Did you buy into a franchise or are you just working for the man? Almost anything beats working with fat, lazy people all day.
T

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 04:50:45 PM »
Did you buy into a franchise or are you just working for the man? Almost anything beats working with fat, lazy people all day.

neither...I just took more of active role in my mom's business

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2011, 04:51:37 PM »
neither...I just took more of active role in my mom's business
Good move.
T

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 04:55:01 PM »
Good move.

not to Hijack this thread but anything beats working in the fitness industry

with all due respect to Coach and the others but my years working in Fitness were just dreadful

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 04:57:04 PM »
not to Hijack this thread but anything beats working in the fitness industry

with all due respect to Coach and the others but my years working in Fitness were just dreadful
There are very few people who have succeeded in the fitness industry. Mostly because it is a shitty industry without a lot of money to be made.
T

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2011, 04:59:20 PM »
avoid human contact
getbig or getgot

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 05:02:43 PM »
avoid unsatisfaying, clearely useless human contact
fixed.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2011, 05:05:37 PM »
When somebody starts talking to you and tells you a 10 minute story about some inane bullshit where the punchline is that the cashier accidentally gave them back a dollar too much or that they ramble on about people you don't know nor care about?In the times of the internet where your fav interests are a mouseclick away and you can pick and choose which views interest you, how do you deal with this timewasting archaic method of communication?  ;D
This is boring, I want the few seconds and the brain cells that I lost back!
Why don't you figure this out yourself? Who cares about your innane inability to cope with people telling you stories? You don't want to hear it, tell them!

Just giving it right back... ;D

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »
When somebody starts talking to you and tells you a 10 minute story about some inane bullshit where the punchline is that the cashier accidentally gave them back a dollar too much or that they ramble on about people you don't know nor care about?In the times of the internet where your fav interests are a mouseclick away and you can pick and choose which views interest you, how do you deal with this timewasting archaic method of communication?  ;D

My response....."I used to fuck a guy that looked just like you in prison".

Usually ends the conversation right then and there. 

;D   ;D   ;D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2011, 05:36:22 PM »
ARMY, sorry I am 'losted" when you say "real life inter-reactions".

I could be wrong here cause I ain't no mental doctor but 'what Getbiggers say and how they say it ... tells me more about that individual than any real life inter-reactions I could encounter on a internet board. Or possibly even in real life due to the fact that we can speak as we feel when we speak an unknown entity.

I honestly believe that what we as individuals say on this board is a reflection or our true individual character and individual personality.

I agree that our personalities come through on here but Im talking more specifically about face to face communication.On here even if you are reading some shitty long winded story which goes nowhere, at least you can skim read it in your own head voice.  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »
People only care about themselves , their own needs, 99% of the time, not about what you want or think most of the time, what the person they re trying to interact with wants. They just follow their own goals and hope you will give them what they want asking nothing in return. We can only interact with other people for 3 things; dominate them, submit to them, or cooperate with them. These interactions are the same for all biological living beings.
90% of the time people want to dominate you and sometimes want to be dominated by you. People who dont have something, but identify you have it want it and then start interacting with you hoping they ll get from you what they need for themselves, to increase most of the time or maintain, their odds of survival. If you can get something in return, no problem, but most of the time people just want to give nothing if they can, in return of what they re asking you, again it's a waste of time or energy in this case to answer them , espeically when you know you re not going to get anything in return. Very rarely people propose you something and tell you they re going to give you something in return, ie; cooperation.
Most of the time people who have nothing to offer to others are those who ask... the most to them.
If you can identify someone has nothing good to give you in return of what he s asking you, then do not waste your time, energy.

Depending of your charisma, most of the time people want to dominate you, or be subdued by you, or cooperate. Charismatic people have people subduing to them constantly. Uncharismatic people are always annoyed by people who want to dominate them. Cooperative people are often a lot more educated than others and tend to stick with each others, they are very rare in fact, and they often ignore others people cause they re taught from childhood not to waste their intelligencem energy, ressources, time with peop...................b lah, blah, blah...........
***turns and walks away*****
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2011, 11:44:34 AM »
bump cause i also figured something today about this subject;

these people who talk to you out of the blue are often old, lonely, and spend days, weeks, alone without anyone caring about them, they have no more social interactions with anyone but people who talk to them cause it's their job.

You know why they end alone?

Ask them if they have kids. Grandkids.

Then look carefully at their face. Because they should be talking, learning stuff, teaching stuff...to their own kids, grandkids. But their answer will be...'' No... I have no kids...'' with an empty stare , or..''yes I have kids, and grandkids, but we dont talk anymore '' -because i abandonned them in the past-.

You do the maths.   When we re old, nobody cares about us anymore, that is also, the point of having offsprings. These people who end alone pay for their past mistakes, pay for the fact they didnt want to have kids or the fact they destroyed their relationships with loved ones. They end alone in despair, their own made hell on earth, spending their last years in a room with only a TV on, wondering why nobody wants to interact with them anymore. They have nobody to talk to. They are, alone, and have no more purpose, hence their pathetic attempt to start a convo with anyone compulsively outside of their flat or house. Just look at them when they do. They dont listen to the people they re talking to, they re just trying to have interactions with other humans, because that's what we ve been designed to do; to give and receive from the first day of ou existence, to the last. But they re not talking to the ones they should be talking. And we reject them simply because we arent the ones they should be talking to. Next time, ask them, interupt them while their in the middle of their tirade; do you have kids?
Then they ll understand.

Also these people if they re young, are often people who live outside of society, who have no more significant interactions with other human beings, and they dont receive any attention from anyone anymore, they re completely ostracized and only live for themselves . They serve no prupose anymore to anyone else but themselves..

We all reap what we sow. You want to be loved, cared of, then love and care about others. Create and maintain life, build a family following God's principles.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2011, 11:57:39 AM »
***turns and walks away****
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2011, 11:59:13 AM »
Say: "I think you're confusing me with someone....(pause to increase the drama)... someone who gives a shit."

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 12:03:14 PM »
***turns and walks away****

and stay away  ;)

We have a guy here who strikes me as looking a lot like the people the op is talking about,  that's our very own 50 y o lonely Howard who starts shitty random threads just to feel alive once in a while cause he has nobody to talk to in real life.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 12:20:54 PM »

I am glad you brought this up. It bothers me quite a bit and I still don't have a good solution. I am too nice sometimes and would feel bad just being a dick and telling them to gtfo. The worst is when you hear others talking about a topic you want to get involved in, while some fuckbean is in the middle of talking about his experience at the local CVS.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »
Wow your buzz killing actually has merit at times. I seriously find people that get annoyed with others annoying. Being alive is annoying, having to share your life with anyone with is annoying.
Exactly! Just like your nagging post about this is annoying.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2011, 01:53:26 PM »
This guy is always right
X2
Everything the man says is accurate and real

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2011, 02:14:25 PM »
and stay away  ;)

We have a guy here who strikes me as looking a lot like the people the op is talking about,  that's our very own 50 y o lonely Howard who starts shitty random threads just to feel alive once in a while cause he has nobody to talk to in real life.

Howard has posted a pic with his hot wife, hasn't he? Maybe you're talking about yourself? Nah...... :D