Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 23, 2014, 07:16:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andrew Luck vs. Robert Griffin  (Read 8546 times)
Dos Equis
Getbig V

I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2012, 03:57:31 PM »

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Luck has no running game, Washington does. Wash also has a much better D and special teams and more playmakers in all phases of the game. When Indy improves the talent around Luck, he will prove to be the superior player.

I agree stats can be misleading, although I don't think they are in this instance.  His numbers actually support his play on the field.  And you can just use the eyeball test.  Believe what you see.  He's a baller. 

I agree the Skins have a much better running game.  But Luck has Reggie Wayne. 

Defense?  Meh.  They both pretty much stink on D. 

You think RGIII is surrounded by talent now?  How good will he be when he has someone like Reggie Wayne? 
Report to moderator   Logged
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »

RGIII makes the Pro Bowl.  Luck is an alternate.  Great seasons by both players. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1458329-nfl-pro-bowl-2013-roster-afc-nfc-voting-results-selections-and-alternates
UPINTHEMGUTS
Getbig V

I can spot crazy pussy....

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2012, 03:16:25 PM »

I agree stats can be misleading, although I don't think they are in this instance.  His numbers actually support his play on the field.  And you can just use the eyeball test.  Believe what you see.  He's a baller. 

I agree the Skins have a much better running game.  But Luck has Reggie Wayne. 

Defense?  Meh.  They both pretty much stink on D. 

You think RGIII is surrounded by talent now?  How good will he be when he has someone like Reggie Wayne? 

He is surrounded by talent in the backfield wth Alfred Morris at RB. He will eclispe 1500+ yards on the season and he adds to RGIII's deception in the pistol formation. He's able to drop back, hand it off to Morris or keep it on a bootleg. Once he gets a steady TE to go along with Pierre Garcon....He'll be even more dangerous.

As a Ravens fan it pains me to say it but...I'm a fan of his talent and he seems like a grounded, genuine person.
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2012, 05:58:55 PM »

He is surrounded by talent in the backfield wth Alfred Morris at RB. He will eclispe 1500+ yards on the season and he adds to RGIII's deception in the pistol formation. He's able to drop back, hand it off to Morris or keep it on a bootleg. Once he gets a steady TE to go along with Pierre Garcon....He'll be even more dangerous.

As a Ravens fan it pains me to say it but...I'm a fan of his talent and he seems like a grounded, genuine person.

A stud RB isn't exactly being surrounded by talent.  Someone surrounded by talent is Kaepernick (RB, TE, WR).  But no doubt Morris helped keep some of the pressure off RGIII.
UPINTHEMGUTS
Getbig V

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2012, 09:07:49 AM »

A stud RB isn't exactly being surrounded by talent.  Someone surrounded by talent is Kaepernick (RB, TE, WR).  But no doubt Morris helped keep some of the pressure off RGIII.

I think you're discounting Pierre Garcon a little....He's not too shabby when he's healthy. Anyway...RGIII is only going to get better. He needs to bulk up a little and get stronger in the offseason.
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2013, 11:06:42 AM »

I think you're discounting Pierre Garcon a little....He's not too shabby when he's healthy. Anyway...RGIII is only going to get better. He needs to bulk up a little and get stronger in the offseason.

Garcon is ok.  I think Santana Moss is better than him. 

RGIIII doesn't need to get bigger.  He's 217.  That's plenty of size to play QB in the NFL. 

Tough injury.  He shouldn't have been in the game.  Hope he recovers.  He has a bright future if healthy. 
UPINTHEMGUTS
Getbig V

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »

Garcon is ok.  I think Santana Moss is better than him.  

RGIIII doesn't need to get bigger.  He's 217.  That's plenty of size to play QB in the NFL.  

Tough injury.  He shouldn't have been in the game.  Hope he recovers.  He has a bright future if healthy.  

He doesn't look 217 to me, more like 205. He does need to beef up some, especially in his upper body. That will come naturally as he trains and his body matures.

Name me another starting QB besides Josh Wilson who is less than 220 pounds? 217 is VERY light in today's NFL at the QB position and I doubt he weighs that much.
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2013, 12:39:35 PM »

He doesn't look 217 to me, more like 205. He does need to beef up some, especially in his upper body. That will come naturally as he trains and his body matures.

Name me another starting QB besides Josh Wilson who is less than 220 pounds? 217 is VERY light in today's NFL at the QB position and I doubt he weighs that much.

He looks about 217 to me, but even if he's a little lighter, that's fine.  Why does he need to beef up?  His arm strength is fine.  He hasn't had durability problems.  (I don't generally consider knee injuries to be problems with durability.) 

Drew Brees is 6' 209.  Russell Wilson is 5'11" 206.  Alex Smith is 6'4" 217. 
UPINTHEMGUTS
Getbig V

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2013, 01:37:10 PM »

He looks about 217 to me, but even if he's a little lighter, that's fine.  Why does he need to beef up?  His arm strength is fine.  He hasn't had durability problems.  (I don't generally consider knee injuries to be problems with durability.) 

Drew Brees is 6' 209.  Russell Wilson is 5'11" 206.  Alex Smith is 6'4" 217. 

Adding some more muscle will help build a callous to smaller injuries caused by impact collision. And this is second serious knee injury since college. I guarantee that RGE will be at least 10 pounds heavier than he is now by the 2014 season.

And you named me just two other guys outside of Wilson. Clearly, being less than 220 pounds at the QB position is not the norm in the NFL.
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2013, 02:49:47 PM »

Adding some more muscle will help build a callous to smaller injuries caused by impact collision. And this is second serious knee injury since college. I guarantee that RGE will be at least 10 pounds heavier than he is now by the 2014 season.

And you named me just two other guys outside of Wilson. Clearly, being less than 220 pounds at the QB position is not the norm in the NFL.

He's pretty much only had knee injuries.  Additional bulk, particularly in his upper body, will do nothing to prevent the kinds of knee injuries he has suffered. 

You asked for one.  I gave you two.   Smiley  Sure it's not the norm.  Neither is a 6' QB (Brees).  That doesn't mean a player has to be taller or heavier to be successful. 
UPINTHEMGUTS
Getbig V

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2013, 03:46:03 PM »

He's pretty much only had knee injuries.  Additional bulk, particularly in his upper body, will do nothing to prevent the kinds of knee injuries he has suffered. 

You asked for one.  I gave you two.   Smiley  Sure it's not the norm.  Neither is a 6' QB (Brees).  That doesn't mean a player has to be taller or heavier to be successful. 

I wasn't talking about just building muscle in the upper body. I meant everywhere. Building your quadricep muscles can help prevent knee injuries, such as an ACL or LCL tear. In fact, most stubby legged running backs over the years have been the ones fortunate to avoid knee injuries. Ever hear about Barry Sanders hurting his knees?

I know we're talking about two different positions but form quad weight training does help prevent knee injuries. RG3 is only 22. His added bulk will be noticeable in a few years.
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, 07:31:29 PM »

I wasn't talking about just building muscle in the upper body. I meant everywhere. Building your quadricep muscles can help prevent knee injuries, such as an ACL or LCL tear. In fact, most stubby legged running backs over the years have been the ones fortunate to avoid knee injuries. Ever hear about Barry Sanders hurting his knees?

I know we're talking about two different positions but form quad weight training does help prevent knee injuries. RG3 is only 22. His added bulk will be noticeable in a few years.

I agree with part of this.  I never had a knee injury, until I started playing softball.   Embarrassed I attribute that partly to squats.  I'll be doing them till I die. 

That said, bulk doesn't necessarily equal strength.  He'll have to strengthen his quads, hams, and calves.  Doing so won't absolutely add weight.  Plus as a sprinter his wheels are probably already pretty strong.
blinky
Getbig V

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2013, 11:34:26 PM »

Wilson................. ROY

Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2013, 11:52:57 AM »

Robert Griffin III is NFL rookie of the year, says his knee rehab is ahead of schedule
By Rick Maese, Feb 03, 2013

The Washington Post NEW ORLEANS — Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III won the Associated Press offensive rookie of the year award on Saturday night, tying a bow on a memorable season while also casting some optimism on the next one.

Speaking for the first time since undergoing extensive knee surgery nearly four weeks ago, Griffin said his rehabilitation is already ahead of schedule and he has “no doubt” he’ll be ready to play next season.

Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III is attending the NFL Honors in New Orleans on the eve of the Super Bowl, and said his injured knee is “feeling good.”

“My goal is Week 1,” he said. “That’s all I’m really worried about.”

. . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/robert-griffin-iii-is-nfl-rookie-of-the-year-says-his-knee-rehab-is-ahead-of-schedule/2013/02/02/f4ff3c58-6d93-11e2-8740-9b58f43c191a_story.html
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2014, 03:37:50 PM »

I'd give the edge to Luck after two seasons.  RGIII had better the rookie season.  Luck has been better in year two, plus has a playoff win.

Here are some stats:

RGIII
532 for 849, 6403 yards, 62.7%, 36 TDs 17 INTs, 1304 yards rushing, 7 TDs

Luck
682 for 1197, 8196 yards, 57%, 46 TDs, 27 INTs, 632 yards rushing, 9 TDs

The Ugly
Getbig V

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2014, 03:21:28 PM »

Does Luck only play one half every game, or is it just something more recent?
Oggie Oglethorpe
Getbig II

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2014, 10:29:01 AM »

Luck >>>>> RGinjured
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!