Author Topic: training muscles twice a week?  (Read 12239 times)

sincityiron

• Getbig I
Re: training muscles twice a week?
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 03:47:01 PM »
I do a very similar split that Wes does. ABC Heavy then ABC light pump/speed, my question is how can you do shoulders the day after chest? My front delts are shot for at 2-3 days after heavy chest. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 03:58:19 AM »
I do a very similar split that Wes does. ABC Heavy then ABC light pump/speed, my question is how can you do shoulders the day after chest? My front delts are shot for at 2-3 days after heavy chest. 

It never really bothers me.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 01:55:49 AM »
I can't do it, need more time to recover

:D

Same here.

I can tell when a bodypart is ready to be trained again, and it isn't within a 7 day time-frame.

I could probably deal with a second bout of lighter exercises, I just don't see the logic in it. Not bashing, but if I'm not going to do something that tears up the muscles, I would prefer not to waste my time.

I would rather walk the dogs instead.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 06:25:17 AM »
thing is if you are doing a split routine then do not forget there is overlap and your muscles are infact trained directly and Inderectly. I think training a muscle group hard 2 x a week is too much(for me)..and I don't see the point in training a muscle group Hard/easy like some do. Of course there are robust individuals who can do it. I do think if you do an Upper/lower split then it is OK because the volume is lower as stated before.

sincityiron

• Getbig I
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 08:19:48 PM »
I can tell you for a fact if you can hit a muscle twice a week even if one time is heavy and the other time is more of a rep or speed day you will grow.  104 workouts is gonna beat 52 if your muscles can handle it. On my chest,shoulder,tri heavy day I do no additional delt work besides what I get from chest. I get a better front delt workout from bench press than I get from shoulder press. So after chest I do tris and I consider that chest shoulder and tris. Then on Thursday I will work the full shoulders, sides and rotator cuff. I started out lifting 3 day split twice a week and over the course of 20 years tried at least 10 other splits. Wish I would have stuck with the original, ever since I switched back my gains have went through the roof.

chess315

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 02:34:12 PM »
I know for a fact if you hit a muscle 1,2,3 times a week you will grow I usually got my strongest from doing a basic full body workout 3 times a week. I mean basic such as

bench heavy1-2 set
chins 2-3 set
squats 2 -3 sets

some times throwing in deads,rows,legpress,close grip bench, reverse grip lat pulldowns in place of other movements. I never am as strong as when i train like this I dont get sore but you start feeling banged up after a while. I dont feel thowing in  alight set or 2 of curls hurt you proably dont help much either though. I'm gonna make a main post about it

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 05:33:14 AM »
I can tell you for a fact if you can hit a muscle twice a week even if one time is heavy and the other time is more of a rep or speed day you will grow.  104 workouts is gonna beat 52 if your muscles can handle it. On my chest,shoulder,tri heavy day I do no additional delt work besides what I get from chest. I get a better front delt workout from bench press than I get from shoulder press. So after chest I do tris and I consider that chest shoulder and tris. Then on Thursday I will work the full shoulders, sides and rotator cuff. I started out lifting 3 day split twice a week and over the course of 20 years tried at least 10 other splits. Wish I would have stuck with the original, ever since I switched back my gains have went through the roof.
well for me INTENSITY makes me grow and not mindless sets and reps from isolation movements. a Tip, read "BRAWN".

sincityiron

• Getbig I
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 02:35:50 AM »
I train almost all compound movements I do very little isolation exercises. Of course your workout has to be intense to grow, where did you equate from what I said that I do mindless isolation movements.   

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »
I train almost all compound movements I do very little isolation exercises. Of course your workout has to be intense to grow, where did you equate from what I said that I do mindless isolation movements.   
Maybe i picked you up wrong, no offence meant.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 05:14:33 AM »

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/701-little-story-ya-2-a.html

Has anyone ever tried a simplified program like this. How do you think it stacks up aginst something like DC (used it before put 30lbs on me in 14 months)? I might guinea pig and try it though I can only hit gym 3x a week.

Davie
It isn't the mountains ah