Author Topic: Opinions On This? Low Carbing It?  (Read 10132 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Opinions On This? Low Carbing It?
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 06:39:49 AM »
Well since I moved out of the house I find my self staying much leaner overall because I can't cook for shit. So I just eat egg omlets, protein curds, fruits and vegetables and brown bread... sometimes I go and grab food from my mom or order a pizza but that's it. I'm constantly hungry.

Me too man, I can actually keep a diet going better when im alone.. when im at my parents house I eat all day...everythime i step into the kitchen I munch something.  :D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 08:25:34 AM »
Going on day five, still dropping lbs. and feeling good!

Had homemade chicken soup yesterday.  ;D

Stronger this week than last week. 

Can the lack of carbs cause a loss in vascularity?  Seem like I can't feel the veins in my arms as prominently today?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 08:29:46 AM »
Quick question - are you counting calories on this, or just avoiding carbs?

As for the veins, I always read that these can leave you feeling flat.
Y

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 08:40:25 AM »
Quick question - are you counting calories on this, or just avoiding carbs?

As for the veins, I always read that these can leave you feeling flat.

I usually always keep track of my daily protein, and calories on Excel.  This week though, I've just made sure to keep carbs under about 10g.  I'm pretty sure that I'm not eating over 2500 calories a day, but I'm also not keeping track.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 09:12:26 AM »
Dinner yesterday, really good.

Our Wendy's uses the best pickles, lettuce, onions...

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 10:58:24 AM »
Going on day five, still dropping lbs. and feeling good!

Had homemade chicken soup yesterday.  ;D

Stronger this week than last week. 

Can the lack of carbs cause a loss in vascularity?  Seem like I can't feel the veins in my arms as prominently today?
Its normal...if youre keeping you strength and dropping lbs...youre losing fat. Youre on track.

Have a cheat meal every now and then..

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 11:03:46 AM »
I usually always keep track of my daily protein, and calories on Excel.  This week though, I've just made sure to keep carbs under about 10g.  I'm pretty sure that I'm not eating over 2500 calories a day, but I'm also not keeping track.

Theres a site called www.fitday.com where you can track your calories as well. I went on it recently and saw what I was eating like 5 years ago. lol

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 06:28:24 AM »
I ate like a pig over the weekend, and gained 7 pounds of water, shit, and maybe some fat.

I weighed myself today and I've already shed all that water and fat.  I'm back down to what I weighted before the weekend. 

This seems to be working really well, I'm easily under 15 carbs per day.  Not hungry at all, still getting stronger, losing fat quick.

I also seem to be recovering better than ever, not sure if that's related?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 07:05:06 AM »
I ate like a pig over the weekend, and gained 7 pounds of water, shit, and maybe some fat.

I weighed myself today and I've already shed all that water and fat.  I'm back down to what I weighted before the weekend. 

This seems to be working really well, I'm easily under 15 carbs per day.  Not hungry at all, still getting stronger, losing fat quick.

I also seem to be recovering better than ever, not sure if that's related?

I never understood how guys gain so many pounds when eating like shit...does water being consumed during those days plays a role?

Im not eating THAT clean every day...but I have my shit days too and Im never over 1-1,5 pounds overnight..Ive heard guys going over 20 pounds wtf...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 07:45:24 AM »
I never understood how guys gain so many pounds when eating like shit...does water being consumed during those days plays a role?

Im not eating THAT clean every day...but I have my shit days too and Im never over 1-1,5 pounds overnight..Ive heard guys going over 20 pounds wtf...

I have no idea, but Saturday morning I weighted 199 (no clothing/shoes), Monday morning I weighted 206 (again, no clothing/shoes). Fucked up, life time natural, completely drug free (no creatine even) and all so I don't know what the deal is.

I probably literally ate at least 6k calories on Saturday and Sunday though.  Not doing that shit again this weekend.  

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 07:49:42 AM »

I think it's more to do if you're in a carb depleted state.  If you're eating regular, then have a shit day, I don't think you see the dramatic change.
Y

lesaucer

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »

after the contest of my friend, after 2 weeks, he put on 40lbs. he was an absolute BEAST, did you read about the rebound that gh15 talked? he said to grow more, get shredded then eat like a mad man and that was the way to get new muscle mass

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 09:14:48 AM »
after the contest of my friend, after 2 weeks, he put on 40lbs. he was an absolute BEAST, did you read about the rebound that gh15 talked? he said to grow more, get shredded then eat like a mad man and that was the way to get new muscle mass
Yes man I have competed too..this "growth window" after a show is a fact..

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 09:24:29 AM »

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 09:39:21 AM »
How to lose fat VERY easily without effecting your training progress negatively =

1. Just Train and don't lose your dead end job so that you can only afford practical food (eggs, veggies, fruits, protein curds, brown bread and milk)

2. And then just kill your entire family so that you can't go to anyones home to eat great food

3. Be a self worshiping douchebag to avoid any kind of relationships and thereoff avoid----> more extra food.

In this way, you train hard because that's the only thing you have going on in your life, you have no place to go so you have to work alot to get "extra" money for your bills and ofcourse you never have a woman to share affection with -----> You are like Jury Boyka, a focused and dedicated pure athlete. Metabolism is constantly active, you are constantly a little angry because your test levels are allways as high as you can have them, and you are constantly in good shape (looks and capability wise)

Way too easy. You heard it from me.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 09:43:41 AM »
How to lose fat VERY easily without effecting your training progress negatively =

1. Just Train and don't lose your dead end job so that you can only afford practical food (eggs, veggies, fruits, protein curds, brown bread and milk)

2. And then just kill your entire family so that you can't go to anyones home to eat great food

3. Be a self worshiping douchebag to avoid any kind of relationships and thereoff avoid----> more extra food.

In this way, you train hard because that's the only thing you have going on in your life, you have no place to go so you have to work alot to get "extra" money for your bills and ofcourse you never have a woman to share affection with -----> You are like Jury Boyka, a focused and dedicated pure athlete. Metabolism is constantly active, you are constantly a little angry because your test levels are allways as high as you can have them, and you are constantly in good shape (looks and capability wise)

Way too easy. You heard it from me.
...................or be disciplined and use will power to reach your goal.

What a concept huh?  lol  ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2011, 09:48:33 AM »
...................or be disciplined and use will power to reach your goal.

What a concept huh?  lol  ;D

DERRrrrr  ;D

It's just that everyone is looking for the easy way out, everyone wants some sort of automated system to get results without having to "be a tough guy and force ones self to do stuff that noone cares to do", but as selfish as people are they STILL want to get the results.

There are no easy way out. People who have no discipline need certain programs that prisons them so that they can't just quit, you know. It's ridiculous.

Even floyd mayweather said that he fucking hates getting hit, that why would anyone enjoy getting hit and brag about it and have a face that looks like it's been attacked by killer bees, why would anyone get self satisfaction from that kind of shit. He said that he just wants the best team in the world to get the job done the best way possible without having to sink in that red neck rocky balboa crap. The man is in robot mode.

Not many people can do things as they are meant to be done without some sort of whip behind them.

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2011, 10:37:09 AM »
Low carbs (for me under 150g  :D ) messes me up mentally. I feel depressed and like a zombie. So I never go under 150g or so.

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2011, 11:24:04 AM »
Lose fat and stay sane

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wescott4.htm

Interesting article.

Do you count carbs in beans?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2011, 02:21:45 PM »
I'm down 8 pounds, it's been about two weeks.

Going to pig out again this weekend, just like last weekend.  

I purchased Ketostix, they come out to 40mg/dl.

This shit is working, so well.  I'm strong as ever, still gaining strength I think.

Also, I had some old schmoe at my gym tell me that this diet would give me diabetes or insulin resistance or something?  I don't understand that?  Bullshit? ???

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 02:43:30 PM »
I'm a true adonis, wavelength Disciple, but since Monday I've been keeping it under 10g carbs per day for the first time.

I'm not getting hungry at all, I feel just as strong (going on four days), feel good all around.  Not as tired in the mornings either.  I've lost a shitload of water weight.

This seems to be making cutting very, very easy.

yeah if it works this good now it will work this good indefinitly! . oh brother

you will end up lean and get flat

what do you do for a living i suspect you have a desk job or no job. suprise me?
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 02:51:36 PM »
why do you boys diet. just get jacked enough that it pushes through the fat
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 02:52:10 PM »
I'm a true adonis, wavelength Disciple, but since Monday I've been keeping it under 10g carbs per day for the first time.

I'm not getting hungry at all, I feel just as strong (going on four days), feel good all around.  Not as tired in the mornings either.  I've lost a shitload of water weight.

This seems to be making cutting very, very easy.

the fastest way to get shredded, only reserved for toughest out there and you flattened out big time so if you can handle the psychological effects of being flat, thengood, but remember being flat doesn't mean losing muscle, it only means you have no glycogen in the muscle. Now when you eat 5 pounds of rice in one day once you are shredded you literaly double in size in 24 hours. Try it

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2011, 02:57:37 PM »
Low carb has worked for me.  I've been dieting since January of this year (its been almost a year now, hard to believe!) and have managed to stay pretty lean all year long.  I go through periods where I will go a month without cheating, and then sometimes I will cheat once a week, etc. 

I feel better when on the diet than when off of the diet.  It's those first few days of going onto the diet that are difficult for me.  Once I'm on it, it becomes much easier.

oh brother youve been dieting since january is there a special girl you are trying to attain
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2011, 02:59:29 PM »
My first show in 2007, I was so depleted and shrunk enormously but I had 2%bodyfat (checked with calipers).Friday night to saturday morning I lost 10 pounds of water on some heavy lasix, couldnt sleep cause was pissing every twenty min. Anyway my final weight saturday morning was 184 and the following wed night I was 220, never could match that conditioning to this day.