Author Topic: Opinions On This? Low Carbing It?  (Read 10125 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Opinions On This? Low Carbing It?
« on: October 19, 2011, 06:02:31 AM »
I'm a true adonis, wavelength Disciple, but since Monday I've been keeping it under 10g carbs per day for the first time.

I'm not getting hungry at all, I feel just as strong (going on four days), feel good all around.  Not as tired in the mornings either.  I've lost a shitload of water weight.

This seems to be making cutting very, very easy.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: Opinions On This? Low Carbing It?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 06:09:22 AM »
low/no carb your diet TILL YOUR BODY TELLS YOU TO REFEED....DON'T SCHEDULE REFEEDS

trust me- you will know when your body needs carbs

when that day comes, just eat cereal and bread all day

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 06:09:31 AM »
Good luck. Check back in a week from now cheif

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 06:22:32 AM »
thanks brahs, i'll let you know how it goes.

This shit is sooooo easy!

8)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 06:24:09 AM »
just remember- Vegetables DO NOT count so you can have as much celery, lettuce, spinach, etc as you want

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 06:29:07 AM »
What johnny doesn't mention here is that your stomac shrinks with low carbing like that, so don't go crazy with the carbing up when the day comes because you can't almost breath, and your training will suck ass after that because your blood sugar will be very unstable.

Secondly, the "carb up" is only to restore your mental health  ;D, but if you can go on with that, then do it, the insane pig fest is not necessary, it's only "for the treat/reward" of your strong willpower of not eating carbs. But what are you, a child?

Secondly, eating a little carbs keeps your blood sugar stable day in and day out so it's only natural to feel more energetic overall.

welcome to the endless circulation of information about low carbing  :D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 06:30:31 AM »
What johnny doesn't mention here is that your stomac shrinks with low carbing like that, so don't go crazy with the carbing up when the day comes because you can't almost breath, and your training will suck ass after that because your blood sugar will be very unstable.

Secondly, the "carb up" is only to restore your mental health  ;D, but if you can go on with that, then do it, the insane pig fest is not necessary, it's only "for the treat/reward" of your strong willpower of not eating carbs.

Secondly, eating a little carbs keeps your blood sugar stable day in and day out so it's only natural to feel more energetic overall.

welcome to the endless circulation of information about low carbing  :D

oh, also remember that "Good Fats" are now your primary energy source

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 06:32:31 AM »
just remember- Vegetables DO NOT count so you can have as much celery, lettuce, spinach, etc as you want

Thanks, Yeah I had a gigantic bowl of french cut green beans with onions (cooked in lard) last night.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 06:34:13 AM »

With low carbing it's also essential to keep the same kind of training schedule, when you wake up, go to work, go to the gym after work etc.

But you said you've been going on for 4 days. I think after 2 weeks you will have to be precise with the schedule because you will start losing hard fat :P

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 06:55:32 AM »
also throw a eca stack in the mix to aid in fat loss. ;D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 06:59:34 AM »
And how exactly do you keep under 10 grms of carbs a day when eating anything you like?

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 07:24:23 AM »
And how exactly do you keep under 10 grms of carbs a day when eating anything you like?
Eggs, Fatty Fish, Fatty Meat,  Green salads with tons of olive oil, Nuts(The carbs they contain are mostly fiber so they don't count)

Don't go down the "unlimited cheese and pounds of bacon" route. That isn't what Keto is all about.
You need the right fats

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 07:45:11 AM »
Eggs, Fatty Fish, Fatty Meat,  Green salads with tons of olive oil, Nuts(The carbs they contain are mostly fiber so they don't count)

Don't go down the "unlimited cheese and pounds of bacon" route. That isn't what Keto is all about.
You need the right fats
I was refering to the original poster....the "thing" he does is called a "ketogenic diet" not "true adonis/wavelength principles"..

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 09:18:28 AM »

Eating anything I like that has no, or very low carbs.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 09:20:23 AM »
I was refering to the original poster....the "thing" he does is called a "ketogenic diet" not "true adonis/wavelength principles"..

I'm a true adonis, wavelength disciple, but

Meso_z

• Getbig V

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »
Low carb diets suck,but they work great!!

Spot on advice here by johnnynoname.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 09:43:55 AM »

along with stored adipose

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 10:24:39 AM »

Secondly, the "carb up" is only to restore your mental health  ;D, but if you can go on with that, then do it, the insane pig fest is not necessary, it's only "for the treat/reward" of your strong willpower of not eating carbs. But what are you, a child?

welcome to the endless circulation of information about low carbing  :D

Thank you, I'm planing on eating a Red Baron Pizza around Saturday.  Do you think that's OK?  ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 11:32:10 AM »
Thank you, I'm planing on eating a Red Baron Pizza around Saturday.  Do you think that's OK?  ;D

perfect  8)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
nightmares on wax

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 05:01:05 AM »
I think many people won't last too long on a very low carb diet. I tried for a pretty long period of time but I came to the conclusion that I love carbs too much.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 05:23:38 AM »
I think many people won't last too long on a very low carb diet. I tried for a pretty long period of time but I came to the conclusion that I love carbs too much.

I agree with this

it's easy to do a 12-16 week diet on low carbs but few are able to hold on to those results

Not saying that it isn't possible to maintain those results....a person has to realize that they will have to develop parity in their maintainance "diet" where they satisfy the bodies needs for carbs

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 06:30:41 AM »
I agree with this

it's easy to do a 12-16 week diet on low carbs but few are able to hold on to those results

Not saying that it isn't possible to maintain those results....a person has to realize that they will have to develop parity in their maintainance "diet" where they satisfy the bodies needs for carbs
Yes it sucks. Putting yourself in a torture for 14 weeks.. only to look bloated, fat and unhealthy a week after the "journey" ::) has finished.  ::)  :D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 06:35:21 AM »
Yes it sucks. Putting yourself in a torture for 14 weeks.. only to look bloated, fat and unhealthy a week after the "journey" ::) has finished.  ::)  :D

Well since I moved out of the house I find my self staying much leaner overall because I can't cook for shit. So I just eat egg omlets, protein curds, fruits and vegetables and brown bread... sometimes I go and grab food from my mom or order a pizza but that's it. I'm constantly hungry.