Author Topic: Holy sh*t... gh15 (again) dead on about Hammer machine for shoulders  (Read 16292 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: Holy sh*t... gh15 (again) dead on about Hammer machine for shoulders
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »
total stud  :P

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 11:08:41 PM »
Hammer strenght is life fitness. same company.
Does anyone on here train with precor equipment like in golds venice? Or on the copied technogym line?
I find that the movement/flow and range of motion on the precor HS is inadequate and prone to injuries.
Team Schering Oss NL

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 11:45:52 PM »
nah he got best arms on getbig.com,, this is pro potential when it come to arms...if rest of body was like that then hed go far

gh15 approved
I would def give him that only if they were more separated, defined and full while same size.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 12:16:24 AM »
I like doing them one arm at a time, great doing drop sets like this

tlc

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 04:12:31 AM »
What is nice about the hammer strengths is that it allows u to load on the heavy weight but not lose the isolation on the muscle.  With free weights, on muscles like medial delts, you really have to foucs on the squeeze and this sacrifices heavy weight

So basically, machines make it easier, and pump your ego better as well? 

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 04:26:52 AM »
All i see is a semi-bloofy arm and a guy who probably doesnt have to many real life friends

Epic self projection. :D

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 11:04:07 AM »
so many jealous replies

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
I prefer C+P, standing presses and DB presses.

Saying that if we had a machine like that in my gym I would use it at the end for a pump.

the trainer

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 12:01:45 PM »
My whole delt training today was at the hammer machine, best stuff for shoulders ever, did like 10 hard sets on that stuff, felt pump like crazy!! And to think I used to not give a damn about that machine, lol

Stop training like a pussy and listening to gh crap, be a real man and grab some free weight, Do dumbbell lateral raises superset with dumbell press if you are man enough.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 12:10:04 PM »
Stop training like a pussy and listening to gh crap, be a real man and grab some free weight, Do dumbbell lateral raises superset with dumbell press if you are man enough.

why?

you think its the exercise(s) that causes growth or that free weight is better than machine?

fuck off back to bb.com with this bullshit.

b

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2011, 12:13:33 PM »
Certain exercises build more strength.

I know lots don't care about being strong and would prefer to be big but i would much rather be 5% smaller but 5% stronger than vice versa.

the trainer

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2011, 12:29:38 PM »
why?

you think its the exercise(s) that causes growth or that free weight is better than machine?

Since I am the trainer and you are not I will teach you, free weights requires balance and they work the joint stabilizer muscles because machines dont do this over a period of time you risk shoulder injury plus because free weights work your core muscle you will get stronger faster than training with a machine.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 03:27:17 PM »
Since I am the trainer and you are not I will teach you, free weights requires balance and they work the joint stabilizer muscles because machines dont do this over a period of time you risk shoulder injury plus because free weights work your core muscle you will get stronger faster than training with a machine.

i dont knwo if your name shoudl be the trainer my friend lol ,, dotn know about that lol

the biggest among us use big time mcahines esecially hammers to build our physiqes ,, especialy hammers lol

if it was up to sotrength as i said over and over in the past,, i would have been 10 time mr o by now ,, it has nothing to do with strength

gh15 approved
fallen angel

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2011, 04:18:23 PM »
looking good, good shape.
my traps are coming along

(and yes I only have adidas pants)

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 04:20:07 PM »
why?

Certain exercises def suit each person differently depending on your structure though, wouldnt you agree? I am not built for bench (6'2" long arms) it puts alot of pressure on my front delts and just doesnt feel right. I do all incline and upper is harder to build anyway. Now I could push the issue with bench and yes, my chest would grow but not optimally like when I just incline. I could never understand guys who juice from day 1 in the gym, how do they know what works for THEM? Obviously on gear you're gonna gain no matter what so where is the trial and error? I trained clean for the first 6years and knew my body inside and out before I finally went on. What kind of training do you favor? I have the potential for a build similar to you and you know your shit, no doubt

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 04:54:02 PM »
yes free weights help the stabilizers group but then it also means you are not giving 100% to the main muscle group. With machines everything goes to the isolated body part you are focusing in. Both cases are usefull thats why I do both. Its like trying to argue whats more important to a car the steering or the wheels, both parts play a role obsiously,

That being said, the craziest pumps always come from machines, in any kind of muscle group, always machines, with very few exceptions.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »
What are your lifts Bam-Bam?

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »
What are your lifts Bam-Bam?

nothing to write home about right now, three plates for bench presses and squats, and on the smith military presses too, around 10 reps all, been training more volume now. I think in one year I will be doing close to 4 plates each side if you consider the fact that I've been trainig for 1.5 year only after a 10 year lay off (worked out from 15-18 then started again at 28 last year) and will get more serious with the gear,

My arm workout weights are still crazy tho.

I watched a video of you doing some reps with like 350lbs very easily on the bench press I think, very strong, cant even try it right now.

And oh btw I have a national title in powerlifting in the brazilian teen category, been thinking about sending pics of the trophy and certificate to ron to get me updated to competitor status on the board  ;D

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2011, 05:10:55 PM »
Thanks.

i was genuinely just interested.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2011, 05:15:10 PM »
btw about the machines vs free weights stuff, once when I was working biceps with the barbell one gym instructor measured my arms at 49.7cm and then I switched to the same exercise but using the cross over machine this time (adjusting it for arm training) and then after 20 minutes max the instructor measured my arm again and the reading was 52 cm! That means 1.5 inch gain almost instantly, for pumps machines are no 1.

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »
joint stabilizer muscles

what would those be, and why would they cease to function even though the joint is moving?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2011, 06:42:50 PM »
i dont knwo if your name shoudl be the trainer my friend lol ,, dotn know about that lol

the biggest among us use big time mcahines esecially hammers to build our physiqes ,, especialy hammers lol

if it was up to sotrength as i said over and over in the past,, i would have been 10 time mr o by now ,, it has nothing to do with strength

gh15 approved
Ruhl was/is a big proponent of incline Smith Machine for chest.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2011, 06:50:03 PM »
Ruhl was/is a big proponent of incline Smith Machine for chest.

Old gym had the seated HS incline press.....loved it.  Not a big fan of the flat press though.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2011, 07:02:02 PM »
btw about the machines vs free weights stuff, once when I was working biceps with the barbell one gym instructor measured my arms at 49.7cm and then I switched to the same exercise but using the cross over machine this time (adjusting it for arm training) and then after 20 minutes max the instructor measured my arm again and the reading was 52 cm! That means 1.5 inch gain almost instantly, for pumps machines are no 1.

bull
shit