Author Topic: RAVENS  (Read 24443 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
RAVENS
« on: October 25, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »
Probably the most pitiful offensive performance in Ravens franchise history. The offensive line played terrible and Flacco couldn't complete any passes. If the Ravens want any shot of winning their division, these are games on the schedule that you must win. It's going to take at least 11-12 wins to win the AFC North this season.

I'm hoping we can kick the snot out of the Arizona Cardinals and get some swagger back before we play the Steelers on Sunday night.

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: RAVENS
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
Don't worry bro....

The Ravens will be back....

Flacco is a fine quarterback and Ray Rice is very impressive when healthy.....

The defense is among the best in the league. IMHO

Ray Lewis is still playing like a Hall of Famer.....

Ed Reed is still imposing.....

Don't sweat it......They will get back in gear!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 09:49:21 AM »
Rice had 8... EIGHT touches.

What the fuck is wrong with that picture?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 12:04:56 PM »
Don't worry bro....

The Ravens will be back....

Flacco is a fine quarterback and Ray Rice is very impressive when healthy.....

The defense is among the best in the league. IMHO

Ray Lewis is still playing like a Hall of Famer.....

Ed Reed is still imposing.....

Don't sweat it......They will get back in gear!

I hope you're right. I did not like what I saw out of Flacco and the offensive line. He was throwing passes that a 4th year QB should not be making.

Defense did their job. When you hold an opposing offense to 12 points, you should win the game. I just hope this loss doesn't come back to haunt us.  :-\

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:28:56 PM »
Probably the most pitiful offensive performance in Ravens franchise history. The offensive line played terrible and Flacco couldn't complete any passes. If the Ravens want any shot of winning their division, these are games on the schedule that you must win. It's going to take at least 11-12 wins to win the AFC North this season.

I'm hoping we can kick the snot out of the Arizona Cardinals and get some swagger back before we play the Steelers on Sunday night.

I have always hoped that Jake Long would sign with the Lions, but if not the Lions, the Ravens and help them out.
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 07:03:07 AM »
Epic comeback and win against an arch rival. 92 yard 4th quarter drive. Flacco is as good as any QB out of the shotgun and spread offense. It's where he's most comfortable and relaxed. Torrey Smith can be our version of Mike Wallace if he can catch more consistently and learn to beat the press at the line of scrimmage. The sky's the limit for that kid.

I still have a feeling the Ravens will play the Steelers again in January. Let's hope it's at our house this year and we'll get a better result.

GO RAVENS!!! :o :o :o

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 07:18:12 AM »
Epic comeback and win against an arch rival. 92 yard 4th quarter drive. Flacco is as good as any QB out of the shotgun and spread offense. It's where he's most comfortable and relaxed. Torrey Smith can be our version of Mike Wallace if he can catch more consistently and learn to beat the press at the line of scrimmage. The sky's the limit for that kid.

I still have a feeling the Ravens will play the Steelers again in January. Let's hope it's at our house this year and we'll get a better result.

GO RAVENS!!! :o :o :o

LOL at William Gay. He is the worst starting corner in the NFL, and probably shouldn't even be in the NFL in the first place. He single handily lost the Super Bowl against the Packers, and now he just lost this game for the Steelers. Nice job Gay. You have a very fitting last name.

I said before the season started that if the Steelers ignore the glaring need at the corner position they will be lucky to make the playoffs. Well, this is the second game lost against the Ravens. Nice work Gay. Nice work.
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 09:10:29 AM »
harbaugh gets a gatorade bath after a mid season win, baltimorons wonder why we have no respect for them ::)

i don't want to hear any of you complain about the steelers getting all the calls again because the ravens got every one last night, not that i'm blaming the refs, ravens won fair and square

gay was actually having a decent season until last night, ike taylor was having a pro bowl season until last night

E
E

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 09:13:40 AM »
harbaugh gets a gatorade bath after a mid season win, baltimorons wonder why we have no respect for them ::)

i don't want to hear any of you complain about the steelers getting all the calls again because the ravens got every one last night, not that i'm blaming the refs, ravens won fair and square
gay was actually having a decent season until last night, ike taylor was having a pro bowl season until last night

E

I didn't watch the whole game but that phantom holding call on Rice's long TD was pure bullshit.  The defensive guy grabbed the Ravens WR and pulled him down on top of him.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 09:33:58 AM »
I didn't watch the whole game but that phantom holding call on Rice's long TD was pure bullshit.  The defensive guy grabbed the Ravens WR and pulled him down on top of him.

yeah i know the refs only get it right when the steelers are flagged...

it was the right call, funny how ray lewis knocks hines out of the game with a helmet to helmet and there's no flag, ryan clark does the same thing without injuring somebody and there's a flag ::)

E
E

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 09:50:29 AM »
yeah i know the refs only get it right when the steelers are flagged...

it was the right call, funny how ray lewis knocks hines out of the game with a helmet to helmet and there's no flag, ryan clark does the same thing without injuring somebody and there's a flag ::)

E

Not what I said.  I don't care for either team one way or the other, but that call was a shitty call.  didn't see the Lewis or Clark hits.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 09:55:06 AM »
a hold is a hold

if that was a bad call than so is every holding call, including all the ones called on the steelers yesterday

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 10:43:44 AM »
a hold is a hold

if that was a bad call than so is every holding call, including all the ones called on the steelers yesterday

E

I think the referees did a good job in evening out the penalties and no-calls. First, the hold on the Rice TD run was pure horseshit. Secondly, the referees blowing the whistle before Rice fought his way into the endzone on a second effort was horseshit also. Lastly, the grabbing of the jersey by Taylor(or was it Gay?) on the long deep pass was not called. All of this occurred in the first half.

So no....the Ravens DIDN'T get every call during the game so try to look at it both ways. Blame the Steelers on their inability to get off the field after 3rd down because they couldn't stop the Ravens from converting when it counted. And Flacco deserves high praise for that last drive. When he's operating in the shotgun or spread offense, he's among the best in the NFL and last night proved that.

By no means do I think the Steelers are buried. The Ravens have a possible trap game in Seattle coming up along with a showdown with the Bengals in two weeks.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 10:45:26 AM »
I think the referees did a good job in evening out the penalties and no-calls. First, the hold on the Rice TD run was pure horseshit. Secondly, the referees blowing the whistle before Rice fought his way into the endzone on a second effort was horseshit also. Lastly, the grabbing of the jersey by Taylor(or was it Gay?) on the long deep pass was not called. All of this occurred in the first half.

So no....the Ravens DIDN'T get every call during the game so try to look at it both ways. Blame the Steelers on their inability to get off the field after 3rd down because they couldn't stop the Ravens from converting when it counted. And Flacco deserves high praise for that last drive. When he's in the shotgun or spread offense, he's among the best in the NFL and last night proved that.

By no means do I think the Steelers are buried. The Ravens have a possible trap game in Seattle coming up along with a showdown with the Bengals in two weeks.

I don't agree with that at all, however, I will say that he certainly got the job done. That last drive was the kind of drive that determines future success.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 11:05:08 AM »
I don't agree with that at all, however, I will say that he certainly got the job done. That last drive was the kind of drive that determines future success.
I agree he got the job done but flacco isn't a top tier an abhor he is struggling to. E 2nd tier in my book

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »

Let me clarify....Flacco is no where near an elite quarterback. But he's obviously the most comfortable or most at ease operating in a spread offense attack. He's a drop back passer with a rocket for an arm. Until Torrey Smith came along, Flacco hasn't had a deep threat that can stretch the field. He does now. Let the good times roll.  :D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »
Let me clarify....Flacco is no where near an elite quarterback. But he's obviously the most comfortable or most at ease operating in a spread offense attack. He's a drop back passer with a rocket for an arm. Until Torrey Smith came along, Flacco hasn't had a deep threat that can stretch the field. He does now. Let the good times roll.  :D

Yes, I agree... He is most comfortable with an extra second or two being able to read by being in the shot gun.

I agree he got the job done but flacco isn't a top tier an abhor he is struggling to. E 2nd tier in my book

Yeah, he's tier 2... He can win a super bowl, but hey, so did Trent Dilfer.

;D

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
Flacco is pretty solid.... when he is at the top of his game.....The guy has many years ahead of him.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 01:45:16 PM »
Flacco is pretty solid.... when he is at the top of his game.....The guy has many years ahead of him.

No doubt about it. Up until this season, Flacco has never had a deep threat to throw to. Lee Evans was supposed to be that guy but he's still hurt. I don't think he's ever coming back at this rate and he might be placed on IR. In comes Torrey Smith. Gifted but unpolished. He meight be a canditate for AFC offensive rookie of the year if he catches a few more scores.(He has 4 TD's through 8 games)

Flacco is a dropback QB who likes his space out of the gun. His field vision (at 6'6" tall)and arm strengh are his biggest attributes.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 02:14:37 PM »
Why can't flacco play like he did in that final drive every game?

If i'm a steelers fan, I have multiple punch holes in my wall after that last drive. Pathetic.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 03:34:20 PM »

If i'm a steelers fan, I have multiple punch holes in my wall after that last drive. Pathetic.

But that Polamalu guy is the BEST player in the NFL... Or so some people have said.

Except the entire D got owned by Flacco. (Including that Polamalu guy)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »
hahahah holy shit autocorrect butchered that...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 06:43:06 PM »
But that Polamalu guy is the BEST player in the NFL... Or so some people have said.

Except the entire D got owned by Flacco. (Including that Polamalu guy)

your boy ray lewis went 5 years without beating the steelers with big ben at qb, yet you point at one game to knock troy ::)

i don't recall flacco throwing in his direction on that final drive, he knows better after he broke his heart on countless occaisions

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 06:44:09 PM »

your a broncos fan right?

i doubt you have any walls left in your home haha ;D

E
E

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 07:08:22 PM »