Author Topic: RAVENS  (Read 24449 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: RAVENS
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2012, 06:08:39 AM »
Match-up problems galore for baltimore. The ravens should be able to put up points on new england though.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2012, 08:16:19 AM »
Match-up problems galore for baltimore. The ravens should be able to put up points on new england though.

By that, do you mean that the Ravens' secondary will have problems matching up with NE's receivers? What other matchup problems?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2012, 08:44:26 AM »
By that, do you mean that the Ravens' secondary will have problems matching up with NE's receivers? What other matchup problems?

The ravens lb's and db's do not match-up well with welker/hernandez/gronkowski.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2012, 09:56:27 AM »
The ravens lb's and db's do not match-up well with welker/hernandez/gronkowski.

There aern't many defenses in the NFL at all that can match up well with those guys. Like I already said, the Ravens D has to take chances and get in Brady's face. High Risk/High Reward.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »
There aern't many defenses in the NFL at all that can match up well with those guys. Like I already said, the Ravens D has to take chances and get in Brady's face. High Risk/High Reward.

The ravens defense is flat out old and not very fast. Football is a game of inches. We know NE's receiver's are a hard match-up with anyone, but had the texans advanced, are you telling me that lb core and secondary are not a more favorable match-up than the ravens? Older, less athletic equals a more favorable match-up against NE's skill position players. I don't get what the fuss is all about.

Its very possible the ravens defense could put a nice game plan together and win one game against NE. Myself I think the spread (-7.5) is a bit too high.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2012, 12:28:51 PM »
The ravens defense is flat out old and not very fast. Football is a game of inches. We know NE's receiver's are a hard match-up with anyone, but had the texans advanced, are you telling me that lb core and secondary are not a more favorable match-up than the ravens? Older, less athletic equals a more favorable match-up against NE's skill position players. I don't get what the fuss is all about.

Its very possible the ravens defense could put a nice game plan together and win one game against NE. Myself I think the spread (-7.5) is a bit too high.

Dude...Besides Ray and Ed, who else on the defense is slow and old? And Ed isn't slow. He may have had only 2 INT's this year but he was hardly challenged by any QB he faced this season. Yes, the NFL is a game of inches. But the Ravens have won 13 out of 17 games of inches, so far this season. That's pretty good. The defense has also balied out the offense numerous times this season.

The defensive game plan is simple.....Get in Brady's face and knock the shit out of him, even at the expense of giving up a big play. High risk, high reward. You can't send three down linemen and drop back 8 on every passing play. He'll pick us apart. Being agressive is the key. Attack, attack, attack.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2012, 04:11:47 PM »
Dude...Besides Ray and Ed, who else on the defense is slow and old? And Ed isn't slow. He may have had only 2 INT's this year but he was hardly challenged by any QB he faced this season. Yes, the NFL is a game of inches. But the Ravens have won 13 out of 17 games of inches, so far this season. That's pretty good. The defense has also balied out the offense numerous times this season.

The defensive game plan is simple.....Get in Brady's face and knock the shit out of him, even at the expense of giving up a big play. High risk, high reward. You can't send three down linemen and drop back 8 on every passing play. He'll pick us apart. Being agressive is the key. Attack, attack, attack.
Ray needs to start a football school when he retires, his football IQ is off the charts.

Ed looked good last week but that was more about the rainbows yates was throwing then the ed.

Honestly I think the pats come out and put it on the ravens, their offense is playing out of their minds right now. I think its the pats by 14 the majority of the game.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »

I never said any of them were particularly slow. Their lb core is just not athletic. They're built to stop the run, like any 3-4 lb core should be. Their job is to take on blockers. If they can't get pressure, theyre even more vulnerable to getting burned. Suggs and company have been able to get the the quarterback a lot during the regular season which has helped the defense immensely.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2012, 11:12:29 AM »
Slow and Old Defenses get to the AFC championships all the time. ::)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2012, 02:49:36 PM »
I never said any of them were particularly slow. Their lb core is just not athletic. They're built to stop the run, like any 3-4 lb core should be. Their job is to take on blockers. If they can't get pressure, theyre even more vulnerable to getting burned. Suggs and company have been able to get the the quarterback a lot during the regular season which has helped the defense immensely.

Dude...pour me another drink of whatever you're having. These are NFL starting players. Not athletic?? Let me clue you in on something....If you strap on a helmet and play on Sundays in the NFL....you're pretty fucking athletic! They only thing I would do that follows your advice is to pull Ray Lewis off the field on 3rd downs. And the coaching staff just may well do that.

And re-read your last post...you did say that the Ravens defense was, and I quote...."flat out old and not very fast".

And yeah...no shit if the Ravens can't get to Brady, they're going to get burned...Thanks Captain Obvious. That goes for all the other 31 defenses in the NFL when they play the Pats. LOL.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2012, 04:46:23 PM »
Dude...pour me another drink of whatever you're having. These are NFL starting players. Not athletic?? Let me clue you in on something....If you strap on a helmet and play on Sundays in the NFL....you're pretty fucking athletic! They only thing I would do that follows your advice is to pull Ray Lewis off the field on 3rd downs. And the coaching staff just may well do that.

And re-read your last post...you did say that the Ravens defense was, and I quote...."flat out old and not very fast".

And yeah...no shit if the Ravens can't get to Brady, they're going to get burned...Thanks Captain Obvious. That goes for all the other 31 defenses in the NFL when they play the Pats. LOL.

Werd. 8)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2012, 05:37:20 AM »

Lol, god you are fucking slow. Let me try to be remedial as possible for you.

They're pros, of course their talent is a given. (Did you really try to make the simpleton argument that all nfl players should be categorized the same because they're all in the nfl?) By nfl standards, the raven lb core is just not athletic. You can send ray lewis to a pro bowl year after year until he turns 90, he still doesn't belong. He is old and a liability in pass coverage. Your other inside lb, is a boulder and can't play a lick of pass defense either. The two edge guys, suggs and johnson are more than capable of getting to the quarterback, but to say they accel at shadowing receivers and making plays in the open field would be laughable. The LONE explosive passing offense you played this year RIPPED YOU A NEW ONE at the same time the ravens were FIGHTING FOR HOME-FIELD in the playoffs. Not to mention that they were fighting all year to keep their head above water and were playing for absolutely nothing. Lmao.

Your damn right I have doubts about the ravens playing some pass defense against a competent passing game.

Hey smart ass, my comment on them getting to the quarterback during the regular season had nothing to do with what they needed to do to win this sunday. The fact that they were getting sacks (about half of their 48 came against 3 fucking teams by the way) helped their pass defense statistics. And the fact that they didn't do squat in getting to a 3rd string rookie qb should be a little worrying for you raven buffoons.

Yates gift wrapped about 8 INT's, and STILL any person with a semblance of understanding knew that the ravens were lucky as HELL to walk away with a win. The ravens were losing the point of the attack on both sides of the ball.

Sunday is now or never for the ravens chances of getting a ring any time soon.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2012, 09:39:52 AM »
Wow bro....the internet....it's SERIOUS business. LOL.

I wasn't trying to make any simpleton argument with a broad stroke like you put it. I was simply retorted against your comment that the Ravens LB's are not athletic. Daniel Elerbe is not too shabby in pass coverage and he proved that when Ray was out for four games. The defense played much faster without Ray in the lineup. And why would our LB's need to shadow WR's down the field? Isn't that what DB's do most of the time? The LB's key the RB first, on 1st and 2nd downs. Suggs and Johnson are more than capable of making plays in the open field. This season Johnson has a return fumble for a touchdown and Suggs has two INT's(one against Big Ben on a smoke route to a WR, no less)

NE creates matchup problems for any team in the NFL. Brady threw for a career high in passing yards. Name me one defense in the NFL that wouldn't have trouble against Brady?

So we got out blown by San Diego on the road. It happens. They beat us vertically down the field and killed us with their WR height advantage. For once all season, Phillip Rivers was able to dissect our defense because he had time to throw the ball. If San Diego's O-line was worth a fuck this year they would've won 10-11 games easily. And San Diego was still in the hunt for the division title when we played them so they were fighting for something. Get your facts correct.

NE does not have vertical deep threats outside of Welker. Entirely different offensive scheme than San Diego. Blitzing Brady and hitting him as often as possible is the key. Winning those gambles on Defense. Those gambles have to pay off or we're fucked. Obviously, the TE's for NE will be a problem. Smack Brady in the mouth before he throws to them. End of story.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2012, 10:05:53 AM »
And San Diego was still in the hunt for the division title when we played them so they were fighting for something. Get your facts correct.

To say SD was still in the hunt is completely disingenuous. They needed an act of god. The ravens on nat'l tv got their shit pushed in against a mediocre football team with a competent passing game, while fighting for home field and possibly home field throughout.

Anyway, the ravens need ray rice to step it up. He along with Torrey Smith were MIA. He doesn't get a pass even though the ravens played a great defense last week. If he doesn't bring it against NE, he won't be given the benefit of the doubt. No excuses.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »
To say SD was still in the hunt is completely disingenuous. They needed an act of god. The ravens on nat'l tv got their shit pushed in against a mediocre football team with a competent passing game, while fighting for home field and possibly home field throughout.

Anyway, the ravens need ray rice to step it up. He along with Torrey Smith were MIA. He doesn't get a pass even though the ravens played a great defense last week. If he doesn't bring it against NE, he won't be given the benefit of the doubt. No excuses.

All good, dude. I just want my team to give maximum effort and try to force turnovers. That's the only way they win on Sunday. Baltimore is starving for a championship. I feel that's now or never with this Ravens group.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »
hope the Ravens watched their back...  Don't trust belicheat for a second.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2012, 11:14:46 PM »
whoever wins, i lose :(

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2012, 10:50:24 AM »
whoever wins, i lose :(

E

Really wanted to see Pitt vs NE.
Y

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2012, 09:11:29 PM »
quote the ravens

nevermore

;D

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2012, 07:30:46 AM »
Assholes.

How Evans could let that TD pass get knocked out is beyond me.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2012, 10:29:03 AM »
quote the ravens

nevermore

;D

E

Yep...we lost to the team the Steelers were always conveniently able to avoid playing in the playoffs during their two titles this past decade.

Billy Cundiff should be shot. Embarrasing choke of a miss. Flacco played great and the defense made Brady play his worst game of the season. Pathetic loss.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2012, 11:02:25 AM »
Yep...we lost to the team the Steelers were always conveniently able to avoid playing in the playoffs during their two titles this past decade.

Billy Cundiff should be shot. Embarrasing choke of a miss. Flacco played great and the defense made Brady play his worst game of the season. Pathetic loss.

you're talking about playoff losses that happened 10 and 7 years ago, 2001 had friggin kordell at qb and the other ben was a rookie, how long are you going to hold that against them?  nobody else beat the pats those years either

do you think this pats team is better than those pats teams?  until yesterday the pats didn't have a win against a team with a winning record all season

your team really let one get away, but you already know that

E

E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2012, 12:13:49 PM »
you're talking about playoff losses that happened 10 and 7 years ago, 2001 had friggin kordell at qb and the other ben was a rookie, how long are you going to hold that against them?  nobody else beat the pats those years either

do you think this pats team is better than those pats teams?  until yesterday the pats didn't have a win against a team with a winning record all season

your team really let one get away, but you already know that

E

It's not as if we were winning the entire game to let it get away. We just couldn't finish. That's the thing that sucks the most.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2012, 11:41:37 AM »
Terrell Suggs likely out for the year with an achilles tear. Not a good injury to get when you're pushing 30 years old in the NFL. He may never be the same player again.

Wow....What a blow considering he's only missed 3 games his entire 10 year career.  >:(