Author Topic: RAVENS  (Read 24476 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: RAVENS
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »
 ;D

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2012, 11:59:46 AM »
;D

E

If there is a bright spot for Baltimore, it is this: Ravens 1st-round pick Courtney Upshaw played Terrell Suggs' spot on defense at Alabama.

If Suggs was hoopin in Adidas, they're gonna have to recall all of their shoes.  :o :o
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2012, 07:41:12 AM »
;D

E

Funny, huh?

Almost as funny as losing to an 8-8 team, led by a hack quarterback, in the playoffs.

That kind of funny, right?  

Karma's a bitch, Pearl.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2012, 10:29:54 AM »
Funny, huh?

Almost as funny as losing to an 8-8 team, led by a hack quarterback, in the playoffs.

That kind of funny, right?  

Karma's a bitch, Pearl.

that loss allowed my team to draft the best guard, the next alan faneca

i don't care about the playoff loss, they weren't good enough to win the super bowl last year and that is the only game i care about

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2012, 10:40:15 AM »
that loss allowed my team to draft the best guard, the next alan faneca
i don't care about the playoff loss, they weren't good enough to win the super bowl last year and that is the only game i care about

E

Well, I guess because you said it, it must be true.  ::)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2012, 10:50:51 AM »
Well, I guess because you said it, it must be true.  ::)

it's what all the draft experts are saying, i actually know nothing about him :)

E
E

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2012, 06:36:32 AM »
Why are we discussing the Ravens?  You know you will have to come through New England again ;)  The Pats are getting better, while your team is getting older.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »
Why are we discussing the Ravens?  You know you will have to come through New England again ;)  The Pats are getting better, while your team is getting older.

Stick to what you know about your team. Just because the defense has Ed and Ray doesn't mean that the team is old.

And Tom Brady is no spring chicken himself. He turns 35 next season. This isn't 2004 anymore.

Fuckin Patriots fans... ::)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2012, 05:02:59 PM »
seriously pats fans have been stuck in 2004 since 2004

E
E

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »
seriously pats fans have been stuck in 2004 since 2004

E
I don't get it.  We have won the division almost every year since 2004.  We have been to two more superbowls, and another Afc championship game.  We have every reason to still brag because we have stayed a dominant team for all these years.  P.S. I still consider getting to the superbowl a successfull season  :-*

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2012, 10:11:24 AM »
I don't get it.  We have won the division almost every year since 2004.  We have been to two more superbowls, and another Afc championship game.  We have every reason to still brag because we have stayed a dominant team for all these years.  P.S. I still consider getting to the superbowl a successfull season  :-*

Of course, it's a successful season. But people typically tend to remember who won the big game, not who lost.

And....despite being a great owner, Robert Kraft is a serious asshole for putting Cundiff's missed field goal ball in the Patriot's hall of fame display.  ::)

I've never heard of such nonsense.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2012, 11:11:58 AM »
Of course, it's a successful season. But people typically tend to remember who won the big game, not who lost.

And....despite being a great owner, Robert Kraft is a serious asshole for putting Cundiff's missed field goal ball in the Patriot's hall of fame display.  ::)

Lol, didn't know that.  I guess it's his way of saying that the Pats got lucky to survive that game.  A pro kicker should never miss a 32 yd field goal unless it's blocked.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2012, 12:22:40 PM »
Lol, didn't know that.  I guess it's his way of saying that the Pats got lucky to survive that game.  A pro kicker should never miss a 32 yd field goal unless it's blocked.

Can't argue with that. But it never should have come down to that kick in the first place.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2012, 12:49:30 PM »
Can't argue with that. But it never should have come down to that kick in the first place.
It's all out of respect man.  I fucking hate teams like the Ravens and Steelers because the Pats always have to meet them down the line.  They are a tough team every year.  I have to admit I am a little weary on how my team will fare once Brady retires.  I doubt mallett is the answer.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2012, 04:09:47 PM »
I don't get it.  We have won the division almost every year since 2004.  We have been to two more superbowls, and another Afc championship game.  We have every reason to still brag because we have stayed a dominant team for all these years.  P.S. I still consider getting to the superbowl a successfull season  :-*

Do you really brag about division titles?   No matter how you frame it, the pats haven't won a SB in 8 years, and it's the hardware that counts in the NFL.

Like I've said before, the Yankees dominated regular season baseball when they didn't win from 2001-2008, even logging more playoff wins than any other team, but nobody gives a shit since they didn't win the WS.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »

you deserve it for beating the Texans ;)

on a high note we finally cut jacoby jones, 3 years overdue but still.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2012, 10:16:45 AM »
you deserve it for beating the Texans ;)

on a high note we finally cut jacoby jones, 3 years overdue but still.

Jones actually visited the Ravens today. Not sure if we plan on signing him though.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2012, 12:21:57 PM »
Do you really brag about division titles?   No matter how you frame it, the pats haven't won a SB in 8 years, and it's the hardware that counts in the NFL.

Like I've said before, the Yankees dominated regular season baseball when they didn't win from 2001-2008, even logging more playoff wins than any other team, but nobody gives a shit since they didn't win the WS.
I agree with the division part.  At this point, winning the Afc east means nothing.  Making the superbowl is still a successful season. Hell, making the afc/nfc championship is a successful season.  You have to measure teams by things like division championships, conference championships etc...  As a Giants fan, you can talk because you have won a couple of superbowls in the last 5 years.   Other than the Giants, the Pats are the most successful team.  Winning one superbowl (Packers, Saints, Colts etc...) doesn't mean shit.  It's about being competetive every year.

Let me add that your Yankees bit is a failed example.  The Pats are one of the lowest payroll teams in football.  The Yankees try to buy the title every year.  Thats the reason why it's world series or bust.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »
I agree with the division part.  At this point, winning the Afc east means nothing.  Making the superbowl is still a successful season. Hell, making the afc/nfc championship is a successful season.  You have to measure teams by things like division championships, conference championships etc...  As a Giants fan, you can talk because you have won a couple of superbowls in the last 5 years.   Other than the Giants, the Pats are the most successful team.  Winning one superbowl (Packers, Saints, Colts etc...) doesn't mean shit.  It's about being competetive every year.

I get what you're saying about the SB, but I take no solace in getting there in losing, personally.   But you left out Pittsburgh, who has also won 2 SB since the Pats' last one.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2012, 12:27:29 PM »
I get what you're saying about the SB, but I take no solace in getting there in losing, personally.   But you left out Pittsburgh, who has also won 2 SB since the Pats' last one.
Yeah I hate the Steelers too  ;D  I still take solace in my team being part of a dynasty.  Maybe if your G-men win it again this year, they can be in the discussion.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2012, 12:29:13 PM »
Yeah I hate the Steelers too  ;D  I still take solace in my team being part of a dynasty.  Maybe if your G-men win it again this year, they can be in the discussion.

GMen's road is ridiculously tough next year.  I won't even begin to think SB until I'm sure they're in the playoffs, which is not certain.

The trouble with the Pats is, the set up a ridiculous level of excellence with their early 2000 performance.   Practically everyone I know up here is a Pats' fan, but none of them feel good about the last two SB.
Y

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2012, 12:30:46 PM »

MLB's Chicago Cubs Bartman ball would be in baseballs Hall of Fame if it wasn't blown up.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »
GMen's road is ridiculously tough next year.  I won't even begin to think SB until I'm sure they're in the playoffs, which is not certain.

The trouble with the Pats is, the set up a ridiculous level of excellence with their early 2000 performance.   Practically everyone I know up here is a Pats' fan, but none of them feel good about the last two SB.
I didn't feel good about the first Giants vs. Pats superbowl because they played like shit.  They let this last one slip right through their fingertips (Welker's  ::))  Giants are just the perfect matchup for them. That's the reason Belichick went all defense in the draft.  We let the Giants score on last minute drives in both superbowls, with spectacular catches made by 3rd or worse receivers. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
Jones actually visited the Ravens today. Not sure if we plan on signing him though.
do yourself a favor and tonya harding him before you guys start getting any ideas.

He is a career under performer

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2012, 08:28:07 AM »
do yourself a favor and tonya harding him before you guys start getting any ideas.

He is a career under performer

How great would it be if we signed him and he had a career game against the Texans in 2012?

I'm still not sure why the NFL keeps scheduling the Ravens to play you guys every year. This will be the 5th consecutive season, I think. Weird.