Author Topic: Aminos  (Read 4826 times)

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
Aminos
« on: October 03, 2005, 09:16:15 PM »
I have some Amino fuel from twin labs.. Serving size is a tablespoon.. It says to take three. My question is, when is the best time to take, after the workout or before?  Maybe before bed with my protein drink? 

thanks,
jamie
grundle has no sack,

Bast00

Re: Aminos
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 11:15:08 PM »
that shit is in protein powder.  waste of money supplement.

Aido

• Getbig II
  • Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 01:10:36 AM »
Wow.......clever answer, depends entirely upon when you eat your other meals, if you have gone maybe 2 hours or so since your last protein meal i would suggest you have it then, to avoid any catabolism during your workout.

I just use aminos as fillers for situations where I can't get in a shake or a meal.

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 05:26:06 AM »
Awesome, so maybe take some before the workout?  Otherwise if I can squeeze in a meal..

thanks,
jamie
grundle has no sack,

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 08:13:11 AM »
Some swear the best way to take amino acids, especially Branch chained, is before, during and after a workout.  That's how fast the amino acid pool depletes during strenuous training.  Don't be afraid of underdosing.  BCAA make up 1/3 of muscle protein and are expended from muscle tissue at a rapid rate.  This leads to increased muscle tissue breakdown.  They're great for recovery so after a checkup to make sure everythings OK.  Don't be stingy with amino's.  The results will be their, but to many people expect to much and take to little.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 07:18:56 PM »
thanks bro, it tastes like shit though..
grundle has no sack,

IronMan23

• Getbig II
  • HUGE!!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 10:12:32 PM »
Stupid ass answer Bast00.  If you don't know don't answer.  There is something called essential and non-essential amino acids.  You need lots of essential amino's to grow, and its not all in you protein.  The non-essential amino acids is found in foods and your body actaully makes some of them. Get a good branch chain amino acid supplement.  The twin lab stuff is really really good shit.  Take what it tells you and then some, it will help you grow and repair muscle tissue at a higher rate.

MCat

• Getbig II
  • I'm just sayin'
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 05:25:40 PM »
I take the beverly nutrition mass amino pills...Those are good shit.  Take em with all your meal and your set.
Dominated

RustySteel

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 06:03:34 AM »
Amino Acid Pills......are hydrolyzed Whey Protein.  Hydrolyzing the protein fractures the bonds and makes the proteins more available (this is questionable).  It's really a bunch of crap that the industry has sold the consumer on the advantage of Amino Acid Pills.  It's simply put....just Whey.  They take the hydrolyzed whey and granulate it so it's free flowing for use in manufacturing.  They then use the granular HWPI and tablet it using a binder.  ;)

MCat

• Getbig II
  • I'm just sayin'
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 07:57:32 AM »
well bcaa's are not just whey...Sure they are in a typical whey shake but in such a low dose that supplementing with extra BCAA's (especially pre/during/and after training) is very beneficial.
Dominated