Author Topic: 2 (ok, maybe 3) women accused Herman Cain of inappropriate behavior  (Read 21448 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Cain won't deny it.  But it's not a huge deal.  He was a young man.  In his mid-50s at the time.  We all make mistakes as youths.

He was then asked, “Have you ever been accused, sir, in your life of harassment by a woman?”

He breathed audibly, glared at the reporter and stayed silent for several seconds. After the question was repeated three times, he responded by asking the reporter, “Have you ever been accused of sexual harassment?”

During Herman Cain’s tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO.

The women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures.

In a series of comments over the past 10 days, Cain and his campaign repeatedly declined to respond directly about whether he ever faced allegations of sexual harassment at the restaurant association. They have also declined to address questions about specific reporting confirming that there were financial settlements in two cases in which women leveled complaints.

POLITICO has confirmed the identities of the two female restaurant association employees who complained about Cain but, for privacy concerns, is not publishing their names.

Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon told POLITICO the candidate indicated to campaign officials that he was “vaguely familiar” with the charges and that the restaurant association’s general counsel had resolved the matter.

The latest statement came from Cain himself. In a tense sidewalk encounter Sunday morning outside the Washington bureau of CBS News — where the Republican contender had just completed an interview on “Face the Nation” — Cain evaded a series of questions about sexual harassment allegations.

Cain said he has “had thousands of people working for me” at different businesses over the years and could not comment “until I see some facts or some concrete evidence.” His campaign staff was given the name of one woman who complained last week, and it was repeated to Cain on Sunday. He responded, “I am not going to comment on that.”

He was then asked, “Have you ever been accused, sir, in your life of harassment by a woman?”

He breathed audibly, glared at the reporter and stayed silent for several seconds. After the question was repeated three times, he responded by asking the reporter, “Have you ever been accused of sexual harassment?”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/67194.html#ixzz1cKitCJil

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: 2 women accused Herman Cain of inappropriate behavior
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 10:14:22 PM »
Ron Paul camp responds to Cain story -- by hitting him on TARP

Ron Paul's presidential campaign is the first to respond to POLITICO's story this evening detailing accusations of inappropriate behavior made against Herman Cain when  he headed the National Restaurant Association.

Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton criticized Cain in an email for being soft on the Fed and supporting the 2008 bank bailouts -- but didn't comment directly on the allegations against Cain.

"We plan to beat Herman Cain on the issues, like his support for TARP and his cozy relationship with the Federal Reserve, not by assaulting his character," Benton told POLITICO.

Each of Cain's rivals has to decide whether to go after him for the allegations of personal misconduct, or to let the story take its toll without any help from them. Paul is apparently choosing Door No. 2.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 05:58:05 AM »
the flavor of the week is melting  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 06:04:58 AM »
the flavor of the week is melting  :D

hhmmm - 20 years in a racist church, friends w domestic terrorists, coke abuse, never held a job, said he wants to collapse the coal industry is ok???

Cain - with 20 year old allegations of "suggestive" language not ok? 

Is that correct?   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 06:12:32 AM »
hahahah the post is about cain, cain couldn't remember,i'm sure thats something you would forget  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 06:15:37 AM »
hahahah the post is about cain, cain couldn't remember,i'm sure thats something you would forget  ::)

Just pointing out the double standards and hypocrisy of your far leftist trash and commie thugs who voted for obama.   

I want to know about this more and see the details, however "suggestive language" is pure bs if that is all they have.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 06:17:01 AM »

hhmmm - 20 years in a racist church, friends w domestic terrorists, coke abuse, never held a job, said he wants to collapse the coal industry is ok???

Cain - with 20 year old allegations of "suggestive" language not ok? 

you're better than that.  You're better than "it's okay if Cain does this, cause obama does something worse..."

Cain won't deny it - that speaks volumes.  There are 150 million conservatives in america (at least)... You can't run a few that CAN keep their d**k in their pants?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 06:19:57 AM »
you're better than that.  You're better than "it's okay if Cain does this, cause obama does something worse..."

Cain won't deny it - that speaks volumes.  There are 150 million conservatives in america (at least)... You can't run a few that CAN keep their d**k in their pants?

?????   WTF are you talking about?   So far all they said is "suggestive language".    How does that equate to Bill Clinton or Newt or the others? 

hhhmmm???? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 06:21:26 AM »
Just pointing out the double standards and hypocrisy of your far leftist trash and commie thugs who voted for obama.   

I want to know about this more and see the details, however "suggestive language" is pure bs if that is all they have.   

it's not language it's suggestive behavior

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 06:24:26 AM »

?????   WTF are you talking about?   So far all they said is "suggestive language".    How does that equate to Bill Clinton or Newt or the others? 

hhhmmm???? 

It's about respect for women, for his marriage (as he is the guy wearing church robes telling us the govt should legislate morality).

Repub voters don't care.  Mccain admitted to jizzing in new women while married, and yall didn't care.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 06:24:59 AM »
it's not language it's suggestive behavior

::)  ::)  ::)

Please - thats pure nonsense.    Unless these women describe exactly what that was, like pulling his cock out, proposituioning them for sex in return for a raise, or writing them love notes, its pure bs.  

Unless there are OVERT gestures like him telling these women he wanted bang them on the desk or do something like that - this is pure nonsense.

I where slayer shirts w pentagrams and blood and skulls on it, does that mean I am suggestibf others to become satanists?    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 06:27:34 AM »
It's about respect for women, for his marriage (as he is the guy wearing church robes telling us the govt should legislate morality).

Repub voters don't care.  Mccain admitted to jizzing in new women while married, and yall didn't care.

::)  ::) 

Again - people interpret things very differently.  i want to know what the accusation was and how it was interpreted as.   

If he put his cock on the desk and said "suck it" - yes - thats harrassment. 

If he said - 'My you look great in that dress"  and the woman took that as a come on - well you see my point. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 06:31:46 AM »
Desperation: The High Tech Lynching of Uppity Herman Cain Begins
Real Feminist ^ | 10-31-2011 | Sheri Urban

by Sheri Urban
Real Feminist

Politico sicks no less than FOUR reporters onto vague nearly 20 year old allegations to smear new GOP Frontrunner Herman Cain.

So desperate are the powers that be to bring down this uber-successful black businessman, that they are doing a Clarence Thomas on him, complete with sketchy allegations such as: a woman “accused him of innuendo or personal questions of a sexually suggestive nature” and conversations that were regarded as “improper in a professional relationship.” Can you possibly be any more vague?

A few weeks ago a group of “feminists” commemorated the 20th anniversary of dopey fraudster Anita Hill’s pathetic testimony at the Thomas hearings, as if she is some sort of suffragette of the 90s. Now, some in the political “good ‘ol boy network” are falling over themselves to put out this nothing of a story. Towards the end of their hit piece, they stated that most of the employees that worked for Cain said he was “extremely professional” and “fair” to female staffers, and

Cain’s treatment of women was “the same as his treatment of men. Herman treated everyone great,” said Mary Ann Cricchio, who was elected to the board of the restaurant group in 1998. She said Cain left such a good impression on the organization that when he spoke at a group event in January of this year, as he was considering a presidential bid, “he had unanimous support in the room.”

The only actual names and actual statements were that Cain was fair and professional. There are no names, dates or any solid evidence whatsoever for the innuendo, vague comments and phantom “female employees” that “settled for 5 figures”.

Do not be fooled. this is NOT a leftist attack.

The Republican elites are clearly spooked big time by Herman Cain, who has catapulted into shocking leads in the Iowa, South Carolina and Florida polls, and within striking distance of Romney in New Hampshire - a state Mitt has always assumed he would win by double digits. And so they are feeding this tripe to the Washington media vultures they alternatively joust with and seduce to maintain their corruptocracy. Mitt Romney and Rick Perry would fit right in with Karl Rove and his merry band of RINOs. Herman Cain would most defintely not. And so, he must be taken out.

But on what bait would the Leftist Media bite? Why of course - the same tired racist sexual stereotypes they used against Clarence Thomas, which one would have thought would be verboten in today's climate. But for the Left, a "Black Conservative" (just as with a Hispanic conservative - ask Marco Rubio), has committed "race betrayal" - a capital offense. So they are more than happy to play along.

Conservatives need to remember well how those elites on our side have conspired with the Leftist press to try and take down this great American, Herman Cain. They need to be swept from control of the GOP, once and for all. As Vito Corleone would say: "this I will not forgive".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 06:36:48 AM »
::)  ::) 
Again - people interpret things very differently.  i want to know what the accusation was and how it was interpreted as.   
If he put his cock on the desk and said "suck it" - yes - thats harrassment. 
If he said - 'My you look great in that dress"  and the woman took that as a come on - well you see my point. 

agreed - would love to see the actual accusations.

Still, most people don't have 2 sexual accusations on their record.  Maybe he's the exception to "where there's smoke, there's fire..."

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 06:37:03 AM »
The women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures.

Innocent people don't pay people off, i sure you think micheal jackson didn't have sex with little boys either

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 06:38:37 AM »

The sources — which include the recollections of close associates and other documentation — describe episodes that left the women upset and offended. These incidents include conversations allegedly filled with innuendo or personal questions of a sexually suggestive nature, taking place at hotels during conferences, at other officially sanctioned restaurant association events and at the association’s offices. There were also descriptions of physical gestures that were not overtly sexual but that made women who experienced or witnessed them uncomfortable and that they regarded as improper in a professional relationship.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/67194.html#ixzz1cMlhxv7j

GMAFB.   Weak as shit.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 06:40:38 AM »

The sources — which include the recollections of close associates and other documentation — describe episodes that left the women upset and offended. These incidents include conversations allegedly filled with innuendo or personal questions of a sexually suggestive nature, taking place at hotels during conferences, at other officially sanctioned restaurant association events and at the association’s offices. There were also descriptions of physical gestures that were not overtly sexual but that made women who experienced or witnessed them uncomfortable and that they regarded as improper in a professional relationship.

GMAFB.   Weak as shit.   

why did they pay them off if it's weak as shit

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 06:42:08 AM »
why did they pay them off if it's weak as shit

Many cases settle before suit to avoid the expense of litigation in these things, regardless of the merits. 

again - how old are you?  12?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 06:43:06 AM »
Cain... well...

IMO, this is probably not 'the evil liberals' spearheading things.

I am betting it's the republican base.  The ones like FOX's Wallace saying "Perry, the population grows faster than your jobs plan, WTF is wrong with you?"

It's just about time for the GOp to rally around one candidate.  They know Cain and Perry are horse shit against obama.  I hope it can be Paul, but I think it'll be ROmney.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 06:45:20 AM »

yeah he sounds inocent to me, you better stick to what your good at getting people out of speeding tickets

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 06:51:58 AM »

yeah he sounds inocent to me, you better stick to what your good at getting people out of speeding tickets

Again, how old are you 12? 

This is standard language in most lawsuit settlements, not that you know that in your romper room understanding of most matters.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 06:52:36 AM »

GMAFB.   Weak as shit.   

Desperation, by the RINOs who want to just hand the GOP nomination to Romney. No doubt, the left will try to run with this as well.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 07:03:07 AM »
i like how the party of family values covers up for their man  :D :D :D i oh i forgot that just a slogan

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 07:05:36 AM »
i like how the party of family values covers up for their man  :D :D :D i oh i forgot that just a slogan

you mean like the this? 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 07:08:47 AM »
Cain won't deny it.  But it's not a huge deal.  He was a young man.  In his mid-50s at the time.  We all make mistakes as youths.

He just basically said, "Doesn't everyone get accused of sexual harassment?"

Oh boy. It just gets clearer and clearer, this guy is GARBAGE.