Author Topic: When on hormones should you eat when youre hungry, or just shove calories down?  (Read 27707 times)

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
What do you guys usually eat? im too lazy to cook lol, i used to but it's too time consuming now since im working /school. does anybody use those tyson frozen cooked chicken things?

i used to, those were probably the most delicious microwavable chickens i've ever had.

as AJ, said, cooking/eating all these meals isnt too time consuming... i personally buy my chicken,fish,groundbeef,steak over the weekend and marinade the chicken and fish.

during the week, it really doesnt take more than 10-12 minutes to cook each meal... you can stir fry the chicken in 6-7 minutes, you can pan fry groundbeef patties in 8-10 minutes, you can cook steak on the BBQ 10-15 mins, you can cook fish 10-15 minutes..  it really doesnt take too long.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
What do you guys usually eat? im too lazy to cook lol, i used to but it's too time consuming now since im working /school. does anybody use those tyson frozen cooked chicken things?

try setting your alarm clock 20 minutes earlier bro. There is ALWAYS Time to cook. You can't control anything else in the world so might as well choose what you put in your body.
l

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
huge difference between "I eat a lot" and "i force down the calories"
my friend is around 375 lbs at 5'10... doesn't workout, is around 70% fat LOL... looks like a fucking blob of jelly tumbling down a hill when he walks... easily eats 7000 cals a day... does he force it? hell no... he gets fucking hungry.

If you can only eat 2500 cals a day, and you feel full and can't eat anymore... shoving down more cals and forcing yourself to eat more will only make you fat, give you digestion problems, and will widen your waist. (been there, done that)

eating when your hungry means you can eat 2000 cals a day, or 7000 cals... it depends on how your body is feeling and what IT wants to do.

if you're stuck in a rut, want to gain more muscle but can't and know your macros are good and you're getting enough protein (1 gram per lb)... well, you'd be severely retarded to think forcing yourself to eat more will give you more muscle.

when you aren't hungry, your body is basically telling you "look, i don't need anything, i'm good"
i think most of the people who say "your problem is you aren't eating enough" are trying to say that if you're hungry, and you hold back on the food because you're a "bodybuilder" and only eat 6 oz of chicken breasts and 1/2 cup of broccoli as your meal and say you'll wait 4 hours to eat again, you aren't eating according to your hunger and needs.

I think the thing a lot of people need to understand in gaining muscle is that if you aren't growing and you are doing everything right, you need to up the dose, son!
for example

500 mg --> 170 lbs on stage
750 mg --> 185 lbs on stage
1500 mg--> 205 lbs on stage
2500 mg --> 220 lbs on stage

whatever you do with food or training (after you've reached that limit) won't help you. taking 500 mg total in this example and forcing yourself to eat 350 grams of protein and a total of 5000 cals will only make you a fat ass, and come contest time, you'll be the same 170 lbs on stage, only looking worse cuz you've already stretched out your insides with all that food and fucked up your digestion.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
my friend is around 375 lbs at 5'10... doesn't workout, is around 70% fat LOL... looks like a fucking blob of jelly tumbling down a hill when he walks... easily eats 7000 cals a day... does he force it? hell no... he gets fucking hungry.

If you can only eat 2500 cals a day, and you feel full and can't eat anymore... shoving down more cals and forcing yourself to eat more will only make you fat, give you digestion problems, and will widen your waist. (been there, done that)

eating when your hungry means you can eat 2000 cals a day, or 7000 cals... it depends on how your body is feeling and what IT wants to do.

if you're stuck in a rut, want to gain more muscle but can't and know your macros are good and you're getting enough protein (1 gram per lb)... well, you'd be severely retarded to think forcing yourself to eat more will give you more muscle.

when you aren't hungry, your body is basically telling you "look, i don't need anything, i'm good"
i think most of the people who say "your problem is you aren't eating enough" are trying to say that if you're hungry, and you hold back on the food because you're a "bodybuilder" and only eat 6 oz of chicken breasts and 1/2 cup of broccoli as your meal and say you'll wait 4 hours to eat again, you aren't eating according to your hunger and needs.

I think the thing a lot of people need to understand in gaining muscle is that if you aren't growing and you are doing everything right, you need to up the dose, son!
for example

whatever you do with food or training (after you've reached that limit) won't help you. taking 500 mg total in this example and forcing yourself to eat 350 grams of protein and a total of 5000 cals will only make you a fat ass, and come contest time, you'll be the same 170 lbs on stage, only looking worse cuz you've already stretched out your insides with all that food and fucked up your digestion.
good post,,

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Awesome post!

Swlabr

Buselmo is spot on. :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
yeah sorry didn't get my total facts jumped on this late,,,yeah it's the tbombz 3 meal and drugs do rest theory and the local theory usual 5-7 meals planned ..maybe it works for bombz but if he wants to get his build to really go the next level at least conditioning wise and maintain mass he has to go more meals and spaced accordingly,,,,both good guys here either way.
wrong.  serge nubret ate one meal per day. i think its quite obvious i still have quite a ways to go to get up to that level of development. most bodybuilders in the 70's ate 3 meals per day. even today, most bodybuilders just eat when they are hungry. though alot of them take protein every 3 hours in addition to meals.

tbombz is saying "eat 3 meals, and if your hungry, eat more... but 3 should be your bare minimum".. i dont think tbombz is saying " you MUST ONLY have 3 meals, and thats the end of story". he is simply saying 3 is the bare minimum, but if you can eat more, more power to you, but DONT GO OUT OF YOUR WAY FORCING FOOD DOWN YOUR THROAT..

i think they both are saying the same, AT LEAST eat 3 square meals a day, and eat quality food as your body tells you to, if your hungry, have some chicken with broccoli..
no. one meal per day is fine. if your hungry, eat. if not, dont. quality food?  no. you need to geet about 1 gram of protein per lb of lean body mass, the rest of yoru calories can be from whatever you want.

for example

x 1,000,000,000,000

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
wrong.  serge nubret ate one meal per day. i think its quite obvious i still have quite a ways to go to get up to that level of development. most bodybuilders in the 70's ate 3 meals per day. even today, most bodybuilders just eat when they are hungry. though alot of them take protein every 3 hours in addition to meals.
 no. one meal per day is fine. if your hungry, eat. if not, dont. quality food?  no. you need to geet about 1 gram of protein per lb of lean body mass, the rest of yoru calories can be from whatever you want.
 x 1,000,000,000,000

I'm not going to go into my beliefs about diet and nutrition but that statement is wrong.  Serge ate way more than 1 meal per day.  One of my closest friends (now 32) was personally mentored by Serge and Serge took him to being top 5 in the world as an amateur under 21 Bodybuilder.  The guy is still to this day the youngest person to even win the Junior USA's (back when Junior USA's was an AAU not NPC event).  He told me stories about these intense training sessions that would literally last for hours upon hours with Serge and cardio by just doing a couple thousand sit ups.  They would also eat, eat, and eat some more.  Serge would at times consume pounds of red meat in a day.  My friend actually stopped bodybuilding because at the Junior World Championships in Europa, Serge gave him a diuretic protocol the night before his show involving injectable lasix that had my friend convulsing and put him in the hospital.  I can assure you, Serge ate much more than 1 meal per day in spite of what you may have heard in an interview or read in an article somewhere.

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
 x 1,000,000,000,000

THE FLAW IN YOUR ARGUEMENT IS WHAT IS YOUR REAL MACRO INTAKE IN A DAY?

ARE YOU TELLING ME THE DAY I LIFT AND DO NOTHING ELSE IS THE SAME I GO LIFT, AND CLUBBING LATER THAT NIGHT? NO ...LET UR APPETITE DICTATE UR MACROS. BUT IF UR IN THE FIXED MACRO THING, YES 1 OR 6 MEALS NO DIFFERENCE. MY POINT IS WHY LIMIT URSELF.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
THE FLAW IN YOUR ARGUEMENT IS WHAT IS YOUR REAL MACRO INTAKE IN A DAY?

ARE YOU TELLING ME THE DAY I LIFT AND DO NOTHING ELSE IS THE SAME I GO LIFT, AND CLUBBING LATER THAT NIGHT? NO ...LET UR APPETITE DICTATE UR MACROS. BUT IF UR IN THE FIXED MACRO THING, YES 1 OR 6 MEALS NO DIFFERENCE. MY POINT IS WHY LIMIT URSELF.

i didnt say anything about fixed macros, i said eat when your hungry and get 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight as a minimum.

lyquid

• Getbig III

first time I've seen this type of reply. I am def going to try this. Any more tips? I started so skinny and now that I'm alot heavier and obv help from juice. I've always had to force feed. I'm not naturally a big eater. Most days I am stuffing my face and I'm on the edge of puking it all up just trying to pound back oilive oil on top of my already huge meal cause its so hard for me to gain weight. What happens tho? My waist does get wider and I get a nice turtle gut lol.

recently just started higher doses. Since coming here. Only had 2 very short runs with higher doses.

so question as wel. If I eat when I'm hungry should I focus it on healthy foods? I've always ate dirty to get the calories. So instead of pounding back a bunch of burger and fries should I be doing abit leaner with chicken and oats? Or can it still be abit dirty?

really appreacite anymore tips on this. I now kno the truth about dosages and I always trained intense. Diets just been the only shit part eating till I do puke sometimes.

fuck I hate internet forums. Always misleading people than you get the one gem that tells the truth.

for example

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
no matter what is said or info given or facts,,,taylor is alway's right.

nosleep

• Getbig IV
first time I've seen this type of reply. I am def going to try this. Any more tips? I started so skinny and now that I'm alot heavier and obv help from juice. I've always had to force feed. I'm not naturally a big eater. Most days I am stuffing my face and I'm on the edge of puking it all up just trying to pound back oilive oil on top of my already huge meal cause its so hard for me to gain weight. What happens tho? My waist does get wider and I get a nice turtle gut lol.

recently just started higher doses. Since coming here. Only had 2 very short runs with higher doses.

so question as wel. If I eat when I'm hungry should I focus it on healthy foods? I've always ate dirty to get the calories. So instead of pounding back a bunch of burger and fries should I be doing abit leaner with chicken and oats? Or can it still be abit dirty?

really appreacite anymore tips on this. I now kno the truth about dosages and I always trained intense. Diets just been the only shit part eating till I do puke sometimes.

fuck I hate internet forums. Always misleading people than you get the one gem that tells the truth.

TO BE HONEST IN UR CASE U PROLLY COULD REDUCE THE DOSE AND GET SIMILAR GAINS CAUSE YOUR NOT EATING FOR YOUR NEEDS.

BUT YA EATING HEALTHIER FOOD MAKES U HUNGRIER. AFTER A PIECE OF STEAK AND SOME NUTS IM HUNGRY AGAIN IN LIKE 60, 75, OR EVEN 90 MINUTES. IMAGING HAVING LIKE 8-9 50G PROTEIN MEALS A DAY BUT BEING HUNGRY FOR THEM?

RICE IS SOMETHING THAT SUITS ME TOO. I GENERALLY HAVE CHICKEN OR STEAK, SOMETIMES SALMON WITH NUTS OR PB PER MEAL...LIKE 40-45G PRO, 15-20G FAT BUT IM CRAVING CARBS AFER I WORKOUT SO I ADD RICE AND PINEAPPL JUICE...IVE NEVER USED HIGH DOSES BUT WAS POUNDING OUT ABOUT 7 OR SO MEALS A DAY.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

diabetic bodybuilder

• Getbig I
ok,, show me anyone on here over 250 who doesnt eat alot, everyone i know with a good bit of size is a propper pig, i dont know anyone personaly who struggles to eat alot..

if i didnt train id be obese, so would all my palls...

also, any of the guys here who work a manual job, youd better be eating propperly or you can kiss goodbye to any gains whatso ever,, i could diet for shows on tons more food than the rest of my freinds due to this
Clean carbs,quality protein,loads of veg  12 cereal bowls full per day ,drink 18 pints of water per day .I've just hit 19 stone on this diet , do it !

Benoitlapierre

• Getbig III
heading for 280 ,, 1000carb a day way to go , moderation lol ,, off cycle lol

kill yourself n eat like all u can eat buffet 24/7

extreme mass = extreme result
Your messed up BLP!

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III

the word clean is relative... eating chicken breasts and oats is just a way to torture yourself without having to.
first you have to know how your body reacts to certain kinds of foods. for example, some people feel way more comfortable and less bloated on high fat, low carb, and mod protein. other feel much better on low fat, high carb and mod protein. I haven't met a single person who feels comfortable when eating 2+ gr per lb of protein. and when i say comfortable, i mean finishing your meal, feeling full, don't have stinky gas and feel bloated, and don't feel like taking a nap after a big meal.

what the hell is wrong with putting two chicken breasts in two hot dog buns smeared with low fat cream cheese and low fat mayo, with some sliced green olives and baked potato chips? if the macros are good, and you don't feel like you want to kill yourself from how bloated you are afterwards, there's nothing wrong with that!

eating a double whopper with large fries and soda will probably leave you bloated for 6 hours and not hungry at all for half the day... and the macros are crap! so is eating 400 grams of chicken breasts and 2 cups of oats with broccoli... one is considred clean and one is considered dirty... to me, they are all fucking dirty since they make you feel like shit. I cook most of my meals at home cuz i'm a cheap ass and don't want to spend a lot on food. but if you don't mind spending extra, eating at subway, anywhere with steak sandwiches and what not is just fine if your body likes it! (remember, body, not mind... when i'm pissed off from work and totally stressed out and hungry, i head to carls jr and get me a weeks worth of food and shove that stuff down in 5 mins, and chase it all off with ice cream from baskin robbins... why? does my body say it needs it? no, it just needed food... but my mind wanted something else and my taste buds craved something)

I can grow easily if i wanted now (used to think i was a hard gainer way back when... just because i wasn't growing muscle at the rate i wanted and thought i needed to eat massive quantities of food and protein... total bullshit)... just up the dose and you'll get hungry and eat (ofcourse, using the right AAS is key here, but that's another issue... test is not the best at giving you quality size and it will not make you that hungry... increasing your tren by another 100 mg per week would make you feel like you were starving all day long compared to a 500 mg increase in test)... the reasons i'm not upping the dose myself is quite simple... i'm getting older and don't really find being bigger than this appealing anymore (i'm wanting to look "sexy" right now, and not grotesque) and gear costs a lot of money these days, and more gear will make you eat more food, which also drives the bills up.

in your situation... just cook food you like when you're hungry and eat until you're full.. and when i say food you like, i mean something reasonable... not fried chicken with gravy and a pint of root beer... you can make your own burgers, chicken sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, eggwhite pancakes with syrup, whey with yogurts and fruits, steak with mash potatoes and veggies... cook delicious stuff that will meet your requirements for that certain time, will keep you full for 5-8 hours, and easy to prepare. remember, your blood sugar won't drop within 3 hours to low levels... that's bull shit unless you've inflicted type 2 diabetes on yourself... eating 80 grams of protein in one meals will keep aminos running in your system for the whole day and will keep you in a positive nitrogen balance... this bullshit spewed by supp companies and people with agendas taht you need protein every 3 hours doesn't even make sense!
YOU WILL NOT GROW BETTER MUSCLE BY TAKING SUPER DUPER ULTRA FILTERED ION FUDGE PACKED WHEY ISOLATE THAN YOU WOULD BY GETTING IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF PROTEIN FROM DELI MEAT!

there are no better results than the first year of bodybuilding (except for your first cycle, or the heaviest cycle you've ever done with the most compounds)... why? because after the first year you try to get "educated", then you run into all the retarded myths and lies... you got good gains because you ate when your body told you to, and you ate what you felt comfortable with.

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
heading for 280 ,, 1000carb a day way to go , moderation lol ,, off cycle lol

kill yourself n eat like all u can eat buffet 24/7

extreme mass = extreme result
Do you wake up some days wondering where are your ankles?
 ;D

lyquid

• Getbig III
some are  still saying you need to eat a house. But reading what uve said really makes sense to me because you describe my bodybuilding exactly. Ill eat 6 or 7k calories a day cause I wouldn't gain any more weight. And I'd do it for along time. And like you said. My wasit love handles and belly would get bigger and I'd look preganant. Yet my arms nor legs would not store any fat. Only my waist grew! So wtf if I'm not even gonna look bulky and thick its not in my genetics ill just grow a belly.

and ever since I've upped the dose my appetite does go up and I seem to be growing in the right places. Cause funny thing is my cycles made me tired and I havnt had energry to stuff myself to bloated n wanna puke mode before bed n through out the day yet I'm growing. So I'm definitely sticking to this.

who the fuck wants to eat till you puke n all you can do is lay in bed for a hour cause ur so bloated.

abd your spot on about the test. I did a couple weeks high dose test. Didn't really get hungry at all. I got super bloated and red all over lol. Now on npp dbol hunger is increased  I wake up with my stomach killing. And the only reason I am growing is cause I'm out of my comfort zone of juice of course. The bullshit 500mg 30mg test or dbol cycles lol.

the word clean is relative... eating chicken breasts and oats is just a way to torture yourself without having to.
first you have to know how your body reacts to certain kinds of foods. for example, some people feel way more comfortable and less bloated on high fat, low carb, and mod protein. other feel much better on low fat, high carb and mod protein. I haven't met a single person who feels comfortable when eating 2+ gr per lb of protein. and when i say comfortable, i mean finishing your meal, feeling full, don't have stinky gas and feel bloated, and don't feel like taking a nap after a big meal.

what the hell is wrong with putting two chicken breasts in two hot dog buns smeared with low fat cream cheese and low fat mayo, with some sliced green olives and baked potato chips? if the macros are good, and you don't feel like you want to kill yourself from how bloated you are afterwards, there's nothing wrong with that!

eating a double whopper with large fries and soda will probably leave you bloated for 6 hours and not hungry at all for half the day... and the macros are crap! so is eating 400 grams of chicken breasts and 2 cups of oats with broccoli... one is considred clean and one is considered dirty... to me, they are all fucking dirty since they make you feel like shit. I cook most of my meals at home cuz i'm a cheap ass and don't want to spend a lot on food. but if you don't mind spending extra, eating at subway, anywhere with steak sandwiches and what not is just fine if your body likes it! (remember, body, not mind... when i'm pissed off from work and totally stressed out and hungry, i head to carls jr and get me a weeks worth of food and shove that stuff down in 5 mins, and chase it all off with ice cream from baskin robbins... why? does my body say it needs it? no, it just needed food... but my mind wanted something else and my taste buds craved something)

I can grow easily if i wanted now (used to think i was a hard gainer way back when... just because i wasn't growing muscle at the rate i wanted and thought i needed to eat massive quantities of food and protein... total bullshit)... just up the dose and you'll get hungry and eat (ofcourse, using the right AAS is key here, but that's another issue... test is not the best at giving you quality size and it will not make you that hungry... increasing your tren by another 100 mg per week would make you feel like you were starving all day long compared to a 500 mg increase in test)... the reasons i'm not upping the dose myself is quite simple... i'm getting older and don't really find being bigger than this appealing anymore (i'm wanting to look "sexy" right now, and not grotesque) and gear costs a lot of money these days, and more gear will make you eat more food, which also drives the bills up.

in your situation... just cook food you like when you're hungry and eat until you're full.. and when i say food you like, i mean something reasonable... not fried chicken with gravy and a pint of root beer... you can make your own burgers, chicken sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, eggwhite pancakes with syrup, whey with yogurts and fruits, steak with mash potatoes and veggies... cook delicious stuff that will meet your requirements for that certain time, will keep you full for 5-8 hours, and easy to prepare. remember, your blood sugar won't drop within 3 hours to low levels... that's bull shit unless you've inflicted type 2 diabetes on yourself... eating 80 grams of protein in one meals will keep aminos running in your system for the whole day and will keep you in a positive nitrogen balance... this bullshit spewed by supp companies and people with agendas taht you need protein every 3 hours doesn't even make sense!
YOU WILL NOT GROW BETTER MUSCLE BY TAKING SUPER DUPER ULTRA FILTER**ED ION FUDGE PACKED WHEY ISOLATE THAN YOU WOULD BY GETTING IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF PROTEIN FROM DELI MEAT!

there are no better results than the first year of bodybuilding (except for your first cycle, or the heaviest cycle you've ever done with the most compounds)... why? because after the first year you try to get "educated", then you run into all the retarded myths and lies... you got good gains because you ate when your body told you to, and you ate what you felt comfortable with.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
if a meal kills your appetite for half the day thats a good thing, not a bad thing! it means you actually fed your body ! being hungry all the damn time is a sign your never actually eating what your body needs !

heres an example of what i ate yesterday

morning= 80 gram whey protein shake

lunch= 3 glasses of low fat chocoalte milk (60grams protein) + plate full of pizza rolls (20-30gramsprotein) + half loaf of garlic bread

dinner= steak, bell pepper, onion stir fry with a small amount of rice (50-60 grams protein)

around midnight= one glass lowfat chocolate milk (20 grams protein)

was never hungry and was completely full and satisfied all day long, plenty of protein and calories.

nosleep

• Getbig IV
if a meal kills your appetite for half the day thats a good thing, not a bad thing! it means you actually fed your body ! being hungry all the damn time is a sign your never actually eating what your body needs !

NO. IT MEANS UR EATING WHAT UR BODY DIGESTS FASTEST. THATS A GOOD FUCKING THING.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
NO. IT MEANS UR EATING WHAT UR BODY DIGESTS FASTEST. THATS A GOOD FUCKING THING.
hunger is a sign that ur body doesnt have what it needs

nosleep

• Getbig IV
hunger is a sign that ur body doesnt have what it needs

SO YOU FEED IT.

IF YOU ARE HUNGRY SOON AFTER EATING A BODYBUILDING MEAL, GUESS WHAT? YOU GET TO EAT MORE...THEN GUESS WHAT?

YOU GET FUCKING BIGGER.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

b-boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
eat when hungry!!!! if your on a good dose of legit hormones and HGH you will be fucking starving like a hostage!

damn im going right now to eat 9oz of salmon, 1.5cups of white rice, some veggies and 2oz of almonds.
team b-boy

Swlabr

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, why do eggwhites have to be so expensive here in Britain? $5 for one pack of eggwhites. :(

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
SO YOU FEED IT.

IF YOU ARE HUNGRY SOON AFTER EATING A BODYBUILDING MEAL, GUESS WHAT? YOU GET TO EAT MORE...THEN GUESS WHAT?

YOU GET FUCKING BIGGER.
thats not how it works.

you get hungry again cuz your body never gets "fed".

when gh15 talks about eating he points this out, he has been repeating this for years now... you cant grow eating "clean".

you have to feed your body. you dont have to eat much, but you need to give your body what it needs.

if your hungry again an hour or two after eating, you didnt feed your body. simple.