Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 14661 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Megadeth
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 10:06:36 AM »
I miss Marty Friedman (in Megadeth) ~ one of the top 10 guitarists in the world. The guy that took his place ain't bad, but he's just basically a clone (if that's even possible)

Marty's solos are by far the most difficult to emulate, especially on "Rust in Peace"

Marty is cool, great knowledge and interesting technique.
"Rust In Peace" is heavy duty - only thing that I was hot for beside Slayer's stuff... it's just te-riff-ique.
As kids we always used to laugh about Mustaine because of the squeeky voice and red hair, years have past and I think he's a great dude.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 10:07:52 AM »
The new one is decent, as of the first few spins, but it isn't as good as the last. Broderick was better in Jag Panzer (terrific player, regardless) and Glen Drover was better in Megadeth.

goomba420

• Getbig III
  • It could always be worse. Positivity is key.
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 10:16:34 AM »
megadeth blows! queen for life  8)

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 10:18:26 AM »
This is epic

Gab

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 10:23:23 AM »
I miss Marty Friedman (in Megadeth) ~ one of the top 10 guitarists in the world. The guy that took his place ain't bad, but he's just basically a clone (if that's even possible)

Marty's solos are by far the most difficult to emulate, especially on "Rust in Peace"

Marty Friedman was real good in Megadeth. But the guy that joined in 2008: Chris Broderick is widely considered to one of the best in the world.
Awesome dude.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 10:34:35 AM »
Marty Friedman was real good in Megadeth. But the guy that joined in 2008: Chris Broderick is widely considered to one of the best in the world.
Awesome dude.

Chris, as I say, is crazy accomplished, but he doesn't have the personality in his playing that guys like Poland, Friedman and Drover do. And as I say, his style seemed to work better in Jag Panzer (RIP).

Not that I have issue with him being in Megadeth, of course. Guy's a beast. I've been a fan of the guy for YEARS. I saw him with Jag about 10 or 11 years ago and was blown away with his abilities.

Some of the bonus stuff on that old JP DVD showcases the man's breadth of skill. I believe he has his degree in classical guitar, too.  

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 10:40:04 AM »
Would ya?

Spanking this track on her tight butt would be great foreplay

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 12:21:06 PM »
Chris, as I say, is crazy accomplished, but he doesn't have the personality in his playing that guys like Poland, Friedman and Drover do. And as I say, his style seemed to work better in Jag Panzer (RIP).

Not that I have issue with him being in Megadeth, of course. Guy's a beast. I've been a fan of the guy for YEARS. I saw him with Jag about 10 or 11 years ago and was blown away with his abilities.

Some of the bonus stuff on that old JP DVD showcases the man's breadth of skill. I believe he has his degree in classical guitar, too.  

I totally agree with you man.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 12:32:37 PM »
i definately agree with yngwie on tornado of souls track being one of their best , this one is even bodybuilding related  :D

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 12:38:34 PM »
I was being a bit facetious.  i like a bunch of their stuff, but I do really like Symphony....I'm a sucker for great openings to songs.  IE: Iron Man by Sabbath, Welcome to the Jungle, etc...

I've been playing Symphony in cover bands almost since day one. I have a deep, deep hatred of that song. That, and Enter Sandbag.  ;D

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »
The only message I'm really trying to get across (regardless of whether or not this is bodybuilding board?) ~ is the fact that you will no sooner "replace" Marty Friedman than you will Eddie Van Halen.

These guys are original guitarists with exceptional skills AND originality. Anyone can "clone" ~

I'm not taking anything from Chris. He has the solos down "note-for-note".. BUT! Marty Friedman he is NOT!

No more than Zakk Wylde or Jakey Lee was Randy Rhoades. If I were trying to state anything different, I would be a total hypocrite.

Fingers gave out on this next one....

As you can see, I sound NOTHING like Marty. Just a wannabe "clone"  ;D

I may be able to copy Neil Schon a bit better, or Randy Rhoades, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page... but NOT Marty. He is just too "out there"

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2011, 01:22:03 PM »
megadeath sucks they lack any kind of emotional melody, they just sound like racket

a song that triggers and emotional falcon like state for me..

A

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 01:36:55 PM »
The only message I'm really trying to get across (regardless of whether or not this is bodybuilding board), is the fact that, you will no sooner "replace" Marty Friedman than you will Eddie Van Halen. These guys are original guitarists with exceptional skills AND originality. No more than Zakk Wylde or Jakey Lee was Randy Rhoades.

I may be able to copy Neil Schon a bit better, or Randy Rhoades, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page ... but NOT Marty. He is just too "out there".

You're a hell of a good guitar player, man. Nice. Don't sell yourself short. 

I think Chris Poland is as "out there", in originality, as Marty is, but I hear what you're saying. It's tough to nail their stuff because beyond the phrasing and bends and everything is an X factor that is otherworldly.

As far as Ozzy axemen, I am a Jake man. Not that I am not a Randy fan, too. Heck, in high school I had a Rhoads t-shirt. But Lee just hits me in a certain way. I am also a massive Brad Gillis fan and to this day still buy Night Ranger CDs. Zakk was best in his early days with Osbourne. His playing, to me, has gotten less unique and tasty.

You name check some badass players. Neal Schon is in my top-10. I own all his solo CDs, as well, and absolutely love the guy. He could lay off the plastic surgery, though (ha, ha).

My all-time favourite six-stringer is Jeff Waters (Annihilator). There is no "best", only favourite. There are so many ultra-awesome guys out there, in all genres of music. 

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2011, 01:41:37 PM »
megadeath sucks they lack any kind of emotional melody, they just sound like racket

... a song that triggers an emotional falcon-like state for me ...

Your saying another band's song triggers an emotional state "for you" is the key to your understanding how your first comment about Megadeth is ignorant and goofy.

Hope this helps. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2011, 01:44:55 PM »
Your saying another band's song triggers an emotional state "for you" is the key to your understanding how your first comment about Megadeth is ignorant and goofy.

Hope this helps. 

megadeath is fuking racket, pure shit. symphony of destruction is decent , i clicked some of there songs and boy do they suck ass
A

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2011, 01:46:43 PM »
megadeath is fuking racket, pure shit. symphony of destruction is decent , i clicked some of there songs and boy do they suck ass

From now on I can't take you seriously when it comes to music discussion.

But good luck to ya.  

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2011, 02:00:18 PM »

a song that triggers and emotional falcon like state for me..

One of the best songs  - all too well I remember the lovely solo.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »
You're a hell of a good guitar player, man. Nice. Don't sell yourself short. 

I think Chris Poland is as "out there", in originality, as Marty is, but I hear what you're saying. It's tough to nail their stuff because beyond the phrasing and bends and everything is an X factor that is otherworldly.

As far as Ozzy axemen, I am a Jake man. Not that I am not a Randy fan, too. Heck, in high school I had a Rhoads t-shirt. But Lee just hits me in a certain way. I am also a massive Brad Gillis fan and to this day still buy Night Ranger CDs. Zakk was best in his early days with Osbourne. His playing, to me, has gotten less unique and tasty.

You name check some badass players. Neal Schon is in my top-10. I own all his solo CDs, as well, and absolutely love the guy. He could lay off the plastic surgery, though (ha, ha).

My all-time favourite six-stringer is Jeff Waters (Annihilator). There is no "best", only favourite. There are so many ultra-awesome guys out there, in all genres of music. 

I really haven't heard much of Chris other than filling Marty's shoes in Megadeth. I've seen some "you can't play this" stuff of his on YT, but that is never an accurate representation of a guitarist's skills.

I too am a Jakey fan, and a Rhoades fan, along with Akira Takasaki from Loudness. I'm not a huge Jimmy Page fan, but I always figured since he is a legend, I best learn how to play his shit.

I also liked Dio with Adrian, and Warren Di Martini from Ratt. At the same time, I also dig Frank Gambale, mostly because I just don't get him or where he's coming from.

Here's some EVH (cloning of course)

Some Randy...

Also love Gilmour...

All done on cheap, cheap guitars, just to prove a point.

BTW, I did dig Brad Gillis back in the day, along with Steve Lukather. His outro solo on "Rosanna" always blew me away. I hated it when the radio stations cut it short. Jeff Watson was no slouch either, but I didn't care for his tone or 8 fingered tapping (even though I copied it)

See? I am a total hypocrite!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2011, 02:07:46 PM »
Oh yeah...

"Attention Whore"  :P

Sorry.

(not really) We all need a moment, right?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »
Oh, and Dyslexic you can really play guitar!
I've been playing for a long time but I'm still a stakkato Slayer dude... more of Slayer jukebox.
Maybe you and YngwieRoads can start the "seismic seniors"?  ;D

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2011, 02:13:27 PM »

Back to the subject. 8)

Gracie Rules

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »
I really haven't heard much of Chris other than filling Marty's shoes in Megadeth. I've seen some "you can't play this" stuff of his on YT, but that is never an accurate representation of a guitarist's skills.

I, too, am a Jakey fan, and a Rhoades fan, along with Akira Takasaki from Loudness. I'm not a huge Jimmy Page fan, but I always figured since he is a legend, I best learn how to play his shit. I also liked Dio with Adrian, and Warren Di Martini from Ratt. At the same time, I also dig Frank Gambale, mostly because I just don't get him or where he's coming from.

I did dig Brad Gillis back in the day, along with Steve Lukather. His outro solo on "Rosanna" always blew me away. I hated it when the radio stations cut it short. Jeff Watson was no slouch either, but I didn't care for his tone or 8 fingered tapping (even though I copied it).

The Chris I mean is Chris POLAND, not Broderick. The guy on the first two Megadeth albums.

I agree those "Bet You Can't Play This" deals aren't always great indicators of a player's true skills/style.

I own EVERY Loudness album and am a huge Akira fan from way back. But I must admit little of what the band has done since the self-titled in the '90s has turned me on.

Page? Yeah, much respect, but not a big fan.

That outro solo in "Rosanna" kills, totally!

Warren DeMartini = one of my top-10 guys. GIGANTIC Ratt fan.

Jeff Watson is amazing. His vibrato is one of the best in rock guitar, period. Too bad he's bailed from Night Ranger. The new dude is great, though. As if he wouldn't be, right?

Do you mean Vivian with Dio (or Doug)?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2011, 03:12:25 PM »
Oh, and Dyslexic you can really play guitar!
I've been playing for a long time but I'm still a stakkato Slayer dude... more of Slayer jukebox.
Maybe you and YngwieRoads can start the "seismic seniors"?  ;D

Well, thanks to you guys for the kudos, but I made the "fat" list, so we would have to be the "Seismic Senior Fatties" (I am supposedly a former shadow of myself in the bodybuilder thread, even tho I have a six pack)....lol.

I've never seen vids from Yngwierhoades or heard his shit, but I know he plays. Would like to hear his stuff I don't think I've seen pics of him either.

Are you jacked Yngwie? C'mon mang. Don't be modest.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2011, 03:21:51 PM »
The Chris I mean is Chris POLAND, not Broderick. The guy on the first two Megadeth albums.

I agree those "Bet You Can't Play This" deals aren't always great indicators of a player's true skills/style.

I own EVERY Loudness album and am a huge Akira fan from way back. But I must admit little of what the band has done since the self-titled in the '90s has turned me on.

Page? Yeah, much respect, but not a big fan.

That outro solo in "Rosanna" kills, totally!

Warren DeMartini = one of my top-10 guys. GIGANTIC Ratt fan.

Jeff Watson is amazing. His vibrato is one of the best in rock guitar, period. Too bad he's bailed from Night Ranger. The new dude is great, though. As if he wouldn't be, right?

Do you mean Vivian with Dio (or Doug)?

Yeah, bud. My age is showing. I meant Vivian Campbell. I did Steve Vai too. I took the time to learn his orchestratic version with the Holland Orchestra to "For the love of God" ~ now that is on a very expensive and heavily modded guitar (just like "Flo") with the Fernandes Sustainer.

It's funny how Warren and George Lynch were compared. I can hear it, but I care NOT for Lynch. He just chooses obscure runs and goes with them. They don't move me in any way.

Here's the "For the Love of God" ~ my fingers should have given out, but they stayed with me. We are definitely fans of the same music. If you'd like to check out my page, just type in 123Jozef on YT.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2011, 07:47:25 PM »

Yeah, bud. My age is showing. I meant Vivian Campbell. I did Steve Vai too. I took the time to learn his orchestratic version with the Holland Orchestra to "For the love of God" ~ now that is on a very expensive and heavily modded guitar (just like "Flo") with the Fernandes Sustainer.

It's funny how Warren and George Lynch were compared. I can hear it, but I care NOT for Lynch. He just chooses obscure runs and goes with them. They don't move me in any way.

Here's the "For the Love of God" ~ my fingers should have given out, but they stayed with me. We are definitely fans of the same music. If you'd like to check out my page, just type in 123Jozef on YT.

Not a huge Lynch fan either. His technique is strange also. I did like his solo on Tony MacAlpine's Tears of Sahara though.

This solo is cool too.