Author Topic: Joe Paterno to retire from Penn State - he is done  (Read 12043 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: AP: Joe Paterno to retire from Penn State at end of season
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 08:06:47 AM »
"Jerry Sandiski can molest a 10-year od.. but can't buy a running back a t-shirt".

- colin Cowherd

He is a fucking moron.  8)
D

newmom

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 08:07:06 AM »
thanks for the link doug, I could throw up

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 08:07:33 AM »

x2  Cowturd tries WAAAAAAYYYYY too hard to be controversial.  Can you imagine him on getbig? haha

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 08:08:03 AM »
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/Presentment.pdf

For those of you interested, below is the link to the full grand jury report from their investigation into the Jerry Sandusky abuse case.  WARNING:  Graphic language

For all you Pennsylvania lawyers out there:  Does PA not have a specific reporting duty provision in the General Statutes that requires a witness of abuse to report it to the authorities?  I ask because there is such a provision here in other state statutes, in which case McQueary's and Paterno's failure to report would be a criminal failure to report had this occurred in those states.
I think the extent to which this monster operated will soon come to light.
To think that he adopted a child, ran outreach groups and mentored kids of all ages. The access to young children his position allowed leads me to the conclusion that this is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of the number of victims

The true numbers could be nightmarish.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 08:09:08 AM »

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?s=espn

he just broke into tears on the air, talking with some guy who had been molested who called in.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 08:10:54 AM »
thanks for the link doug, I could throw up

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?s=espn

he just broke into tears on the air, talking with some guy who had been molested who called in.

Are you serious? I am in class and cannot hear shit....
D

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 08:12:42 AM »
"Jerry Sandiski can molest a 10-year od.. but can't buy a running back a t-shirt".

- colin Cowherd

Colin's right, buying gifts for the athletes is lack of institutional control, but allowing Sandusky on campus (even as recent as last week) is not?  C'mon NCAA, step in there and do the dirty work if PSU is not going to. 

newmom

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 08:13:10 AM »
lol at in class and posting on getbig. Fucking concentrate in school and not getbig.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 08:13:53 AM »
Getting flash backs to a harrowing documentary I saw a few years ago "Deliver us form Evil"

It documented how Father Oliver O'Grady, a Catholic priest  was relocated to various parishes around the United States during the 1970s in an attempt by the Catholic Church to cover up his abuse of dozens of children.

A giant cover up with many higher ups having full knowledge, yet turning a blind eye as to not tarnish the image of the institution. I was almost sick after seeing this film.

The trailer alone makes your blood boil

newmom

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 08:15:30 AM »
Getting flash backs to a harrowing documentary I saw a few years ago "Deliver us form Evil"

It documented how Father Oliver O'Grady, a Catholic priest  was relocated to various parishes around the United States during the 1970s in an attempt by the Catholic Church to cover up his abuse of dozens of children.

A giant cover up with many higher ups having full knowledge, yet turning a blind eye as to not tarnish the image of the institution. I was almost sick after seeing this film.

I couldn't watch that. Bastards

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 08:18:47 AM »
lol at in class and posting on getbig. Fucking concentrate in school and not getbig.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 08:43:21 AM »
the guy reported it to his superiors, who were in charge of university police, what else do you want him to do, they decided to not do anything.  Why did the police not act, the da, etc etc, the blame is not on him.  He is not law enforcement, actually he should not have to do anything at all.  If you see a mugging on the street you are not obligated to do anything, that is a police matter.  Mind your own business, he did nothing wrong, this is not a society where you have to call the cops on everything you see, wtf are you guys thinking?

TEAM Nasser

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 08:45:50 AM »
the guy reported it to his superiors, who were in charge of university police, what else do you want him to do, they decided to not do anything.  Why did the police not act, the da, etc etc, the blame is not on him.  He is not law enforcement, actually he should not have to do anything at all.  If you see a mugging on the street you are not obligated to do anything, that is a police matter.  Mind your own business, he did nothing wrong, this is not a society where you have to call the cops on everything you see, wtf are you guys thinking?

Shut-up dumbass.  "reported to superiors"  ::)   It was a criminal act so he should have contacted the police.  Your trolling is getting weaker and weaker....

newmom

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 08:48:14 AM »

and if he had a lick of common sense or a heart and saw nothing was being done, then he should of gone to the police. He still should of gone to them in the first place but I'm playing devils advocate

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 08:51:18 AM »

Are you serious. How could Jo Pa sleep at night knowing he was working alongside a sick ****. From all the vids I've seen, this guys entering early stages of dementia. He's barely able to string a coherent sentence together.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 08:53:08 AM »
Joe Paterno was not a Sandusky fan at all.....He testified against the sick SOB.

Don't make this a case against Joe Pa.

Someone should have called the police......yes!!!

Paterno did go to court and did testify against this sick Jerry Sandusky.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 08:55:10 AM »
reppingfor20 exemplifies the "Pass the blame" mentality that cowards usually exhibit.

This is worlds apart from witnessing a random street mugging. We are talking about systematic abuse happening within a tight knit community.

Why are people trying to protect this guy? (Jo Pa)

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 08:55:47 AM »
Shut-up dumbass.  "reported to superiors"  ::)   It was a criminal act so he should have contacted the police.  Your trolling is getting weaker and weaker....

The police where his superiors, they where in charge of university police dumbass.  They decided not to do anything, blame them not him.

TEAM Nasser

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 08:58:46 AM »
Let me ask you folks this......

Paterno testified against this sack of shit......there was a hearing!!!!

where were the police???

why was sandusky still out and about???? why was he not locked up???

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 08:59:43 AM »
Obviously, he has to go.  Cases like this are going climb the ladder.

I recall another “chain reaction” case back in the 1980s.  Basketball player Len Bias at the University of Maryland was drafted by the Boston Celtics.  To celebrate his selection, Len and his buddies partied hard including indulging in cocaine.  He overdosed and died!  A huge scandal ensued!  Within two months basketball coach Lefty Driesell was fired.  Within 6-7 months the campus athletic director was fired.  Within a year the university president, John Slaughter, was fired.  University leaders had cultivated a particular culture on campus that was judged partially responsible for the Bias overdose.  In the wake of the death and punishing news coverage the campus had to clean house.  Something similar will happen at Penn; if i was President at Penn, I would be looking at my retirement portfolio or talking to executive recruiters about my next job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len_Bias
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lefty_Driesell

Bay is a smart guy, Len Bias is forgotten now but his case was really important.

Also, check this out http://news.yahoo.com/judge-facebook-post-cost-job-nj-teacher-010230579.html?bouchon=501,ny

A teacher makes a comment on facebook that every teacher ever has made in their own heads, and no one sticks up for her. Where has the courage gone, only fucking pedophiles get their shit swept under the rug, a coward soceity we live in

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2011, 09:03:06 AM »
So if you are a manager and your subordinate says they saw a coworker raping a child in the company bathroom, you would report it to your boss and then let it go without ever following up?  And then if you continued to see this child molestor around the company for another 10+ years and he even maintained an office at the company, you wouldn't ask any questions?  This is not a mugging on the street, Paterno knew everyone involved and was morally obligated to do more than he did.  He acted spineless. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2011, 09:04:21 AM »
The police where his superiors, they where in charge of university police dumbass.  They decided not to do anything, blame them not him.

You are either one of the dumbest posters or just yanking everybodys chain.  From what I read it was a graduate-assistant who caught Sandusky.....just so you know, police (both campus and real) would NOT be the guys superiors.  And it doesn't matter, when you see something that heinous being commited you don't just pass it along to the AD.  You call the cops and let them handle it.  Better yet, the cowardly pussy (probably why you can relate to him) should have busted Sandusky's head open with a 5lb plate on the spot.  Hope this helps...

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2011, 09:07:33 AM »
Also, Sanduski likely has shit on paterno, that's why paterno covered it up, now that paterno kept his mouth closed and went quietly, so can sandusky, if paterno blew up sandusky's spot then sandusky has incentive to start remembering all kinds of things paterno wants him to forget.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2011, 09:10:11 AM »
Also, Sanduski likely has shit on paterno, that's why paterno covered it up, now that paterno kept his mouth closed and went quietly, so can sandusky, if paterno blew up sandusky's spot then sandusky has incentive to start remembering all kinds of things paterno wants him to forget.
Not likely......Paterno is only guilty of not calling the cops.....as i said earlier.....he spoke out against sandusky in a court of law.....Paterno was an asset to PSU for 45 years.....sandusky was the sicko.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2011, 09:11:50 AM »
Not likely......Paterno is only guilty of not calling the cops.....as i said earlier.....he spoke out against sandusky in a court of law.....Paterno was an asset to PSU for 45 years.....sandusky was the sicko.

So you give Joe a pass for "only" not calling the cops on this? Doubt you would feel the same way if it was your 10yr old son.