Author Topic: Minimum amount of carbs to eat on a bulk?  (Read 37895 times)

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
Minimum amount of carbs to eat on a bulk?
« on: November 13, 2011, 03:17:33 PM »
I hate eating carbs. I look fat, watery, and bloofy as shit on them. Anytime I try 2g per lb of bodyweight, it's just a mess. Right now, I'm experimenting with 1.25-1.5g per lb.

How many carbs do you guys eat on a bulk and what do you think the bare minimum is for gaining size? I'm on prop, tren, and HGH right now and it isn't helping me look better on carbs

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Minimum amount of carbs to eat on a bulk?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:21:14 PM »
maybe the type of carbs you are eating don't agree with your body?  I can eat white rice and sweet potatoes (also some simple sugar here and there), but oatmeal and brown rice make me more bloated.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 03:21:52 PM »
everything you mentioned makes me look bloated unfortunately. At least when eaten in high quantities

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 03:24:41 PM »
everything you mentioned makes me look bloated unfortunately. At least when eaten in high quantities

Maybe you're allergic to these.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 03:27:31 PM »
how many grams of carbs are you trying to eat?

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
how many grams of carbs are you trying to eat?

I'm not allergic for the guy above

well I weight 225lbs at 5'10. I know I have low bodyfat but I hold water very easily. It's always been the case. I look my best at 1g per lb honestly. But I'm doing my very last lean bulk ever (no desire to get bigger after this. It's getting ridiculous) and I just hate it when my abs look watery as shit. If I attempt 450g of carbs, It's an ugly sight. Face looks fat and everything

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 03:30:11 PM »
Cycle them , base them around your heavy lifting days.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
So how many carbs do you guys eat on a bulk? That was my main question

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 03:49:23 PM »
maybe the type of carbs you are eating don't agree with your body?  I can eat white rice and sweet potatoes (also some simple sugar here and there), but oatmeal and brown rice make me more bloated.

Same with me.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 04:13:35 PM »
Cycle them , base them around your heavy lifting days.
this^^^^

GettingBig

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 04:31:23 PM »
I'm a low carb guy, the only time carbs worked so well and I looked my best when I dieted on low carbs for few months went low bf about 8%-9%, holding some water.

then blasted with high carbs diet I gained lean mass with amazing fullness and actually got more ripped and vascular.

my mistake I stayed long and did few fanatic cheat days I got so bloated and I'm sure I added some fat and looked very bad.

the moment I cut my carbs it just took me few days to lose the bloat and start improving once again.

so now I'm im doing the carb cycling for few then i hope carb blasting will do as it did the first time.

so trying cycling the carbs, and when you on high carbs avoid any sugary foods.

good luck.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 06:23:47 PM »
I'm a low carb guy, the only time carbs worked so well and I looked my best when I dieted on low carbs for few months went low bf about 8%-9%, holding some water.

then blasted with high carbs diet I gained lean mass with amazing fullness and actually got more ripped and vascular.

my mistake I stayed long and did few fanatic cheat days I got so bloated and I'm sure I added some fat and looked very bad.

the moment I cut my carbs it just took me few days to lose the bloat and start improving once again.

so now I'm im doing the carb cycling for few then i hope carb blasting will do as it did the first time.

so trying cycling the carbs, and when you on high carbs avoid any sugary foods.

good luck.

have you been able to gain mass on lowish carbs like 1g per lb of bodyweight?

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
we eat a lot of carbs,, 200lb bodybuild in the singles 200-400 grams a day ,, 250+lb bodybuild in the singles....600-800 grams a day

we eat TONS of carbs,,ofcourse hgh in blood alwyas

if you think we grow from 5 chiken breast a day and some brokly lol you are servely wrong,,we put in glycogen like there is no tomorrow also down the good sweets like pine apple juice....like bananas,, we down it like there is no tomorow

gh15 approved
fallen angel

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 06:33:24 PM »
we eat a lot of carbs,, 200lb bodybuild in the singles 200-400 grams a day ,, 250+lb bodybuild in the singles....600-800 grams a day

if you think we grow from 5 chiken breast a day and some brokly lol you are servely wrong,,we put in glycogen like there is no tomorrow also down the good sweets like pine apple juice....like bananas,, we down it like there is no tomorow

gh15 approved

I'm a 225lb bodybuild at 5'10. I don't always eat clean anymore. I pretty much eat whatever for the most part. I eat a truck load of oats though (blended and drank with water uncooked).

Here is a pic right after a workout from a few days ago. I am flexing my abs tight otherwise they wouldn't be that visible. I want them to be visible without having to flex them tight.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »
I'm a 225lb bodybuild at 5'10. I don't always eat clean anymore. I pretty much eat whatever for the most part. I eat a truck load of oats though (blended and drank with water uncooked).

Here is a pic right after a workout from a few days ago. I am flexing my abs tight otherwise they wouldn't be that visible. I want them to be visible without having to flex them tight.

very big fella,,inorder for them to show with out flexing you wil have to lose water weight  and get the skin more shrink wrapped,,how is it done? taking gh out....staying on trenbolona ....reducing testosterona ....and finishing with diuretic if must but really its not a must you can se all abs perfectly clear and cut even with no diuretic just form being low bodyfat with out the water.. even the sliightest amount of water fuck up lines,, doesnt mean its not there just mean it is blurred by water

gh15 approved
fallen angel

suckmymuscle

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 06:51:05 PM »
  All of you guys with this low carb shit makes no sense to me. Carbs are by far the most effective and metabolically clean of the three macronutrients as a source of energy. Getting your energy from protein involves gluconeogenesis which exhausts your liver and creates several metabolic poisons like ammonia and uric acid. Getting it from fat creates increased blood levels of triglycerides and ketones which increase plasma cholesterol level and increase the oxidation of LDL cholesterol in the liver leading to artherosclerosis. Glucose is the only energy-bearing molecule that can be utilized by all cells of your body directly - except brain cells which use lactate. Why the hell would anyone live on a low-carb diet is beyond me.

SUKCMYMUSCLE

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »
very big fella,,inorder for them to show with out flexing you wil have to lose water weight  and get the skin more shrink wrapped,,how is it done? taking gh out....staying on trenbolona ....reducing testosterona ....and finishing with diuretic if must but really its not a must you can se all abs perfectly clear and cut even with no diuretic just form being low bodyfat with out the water.. even the sliightest amount of water fuck up lines,, doesnt mean its not there just mean it is blurred by water

gh15 approved

thanks for the advice god de hormonias. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll give it a shot next time i go on vacation for a week and remove the hgh and lower the test (it's only 490mg per week right now anyways, not high) and keep the tren as is. Hopefully won't need the diuretic.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 06:57:58 PM »
  All of you guys with this low carb shit makes no sense to me. Carbs are by far the most effective and metabolically clean of the three macronutrients as a source of energy. Getting your energy from protein involves gluconeogenesis which exhausts your liver and creates several metabolic poisons like ammonia and uric acid. Getting it from fat creates increased blood levels of triglycerides and ketones which increase plasma cholesterol level and increase the oxidation of LDL cholesterol in the liver leading to artherosclerosis. Glucose is the only energy-bearing molecule that can be utilized by all cells of your body directly - except brain cells which use lactate. Why the hell would anyone live on a low-carb diet is beyond me.

SUKCMYMUSCLE

I made it perfectly clear why. Maybe start reading my original post?

sapp66

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 08:05:36 PM »

gh15 approved

and the reeces ice cream of course... gh15 how much do you eat of the breyers in one sitting how do you resist eating the all damn tub its that good...or do you just eat it all .. lol   im on legit hk rips, tren too of course but still try to control urge of eating it all should i even bother? aim trying to grow as much as possible now after my first show  thanks god

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 11:31:28 PM »

gh15 approved
And it's possible to grow like that?

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 11:41:17 PM »
the minimum amount of carbs necessary is however many carbs you need in a day to keep your strength up when lifting. that's it. there are no essential carbs, so eat however many you want

JFree92

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 12:19:32 AM »

Do you train abs directly at all?

Smallz

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 06:42:47 AM »
Alpha you do any type of cardio?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 06:50:20 AM »
I'm not allergic for the guy above

well I weight 225lbs at 5'10. I know I have low bodyfat but I hold water very easily. It's always been the case. I look my best at 1g per lb honestly. But I'm doing my very last lean bulk ever (no desire to get bigger after this. It's getting ridiculous) and I just hate it when my abs look watery as shit. If I attempt 450g of carbs, It's an ugly sight. Face looks fat and everything

What ancillaries do you take? Sounds like you could use an AI, mast, and possibly some lasix.

Ideally, you want to eat as many carbs as possible during a bulk. Carbs are more anabolic than fats IMO.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 06:50:33 AM »
Do you train abs directly at all?

yes like 2-3x per week like 3-6 sets each time