Author Topic: Tattoos and being a Bodybuilder, should you have them?  (Read 6157 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Tattoos and being a Bodybuilder, should you have them?
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »
You can pro-tan them away for a show. Roelly got his son's name on his belly, but you don't see it at all on stage...

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 01:01:20 PM »
WIGGS, Interesting statement but ... I've never seen nor heard of any official NPC/IFBB statement concerning tats ... pro or con or otherwise.

And as you most likely know,  if your were the only judge to base your decision on a competitors tats, your 'score' would most likely be eliminated during the official tabulations.

Many years ago I asked a long time judge how he felt about judging competitors with tats and he simply said, "If two competitors are identical in every respect except for the fact that one had tats, I'd give my decision to the one without the tats."

RUDEE, It appears that you most recent statement is true today.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 01:13:13 PM »
Gotta add this .....

A lot of  the general public's 'tat acceptance' depends on who's wearing them and how well they have been 'drawn'.

Joey Gloor (see above) is a fitness model and bodybuilding competitor who has a hell of a lot of tats but each of them are well 'drawn' and since he is a good looking guy ... the general public seems to accept him more so than if a fat motorcycle rider had the same.

I often find myself playing Craps or Blackjack with the younger generation at The Palms and I have to admit that I have been impressed by some of that tribal artwork that may be falling in demand lately.

Never had any desire to get one though.