Author Topic: What is the correct/polite response....  (Read 21253 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: What is the correct/polite response....
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2011, 07:23:28 AM »

go lift some weights - your time is far better spent doing that.  What hard to take?  Go elsewhere in that case please - like try the x board - I'm sure that's better suited to your iq.

posting on our Girly Board isn't a good idea for you - give it up now and go lift some weights or read a nice newspaper or watch TV.  Honest - you should'nt post - you appear to be too stupid to be true. 

Few are as ridiculous as you.  Most men have a grasp of civility whereas you have not.  You're half man half ape - either that or you are 16 or 17.

x
Small?  what small?  are you talking about yourself again?  We're fine - just grand.  Please don't be calling us small.

:(...Two
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2011, 07:24:56 AM »
naa darling - I'm not pent up or hostile...

I'm just having a larf.

Do take care always and be as funny as you possibly can.
xL

I don't think I'll bother to again respond to your posts either.  

Which leaves me all alone on the Girly Board doesn't it?  
One or two women here and more than a few ugly-minded men?  Ugh.

Two and a half...  :(
R

w8m8

« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2011, 07:49:18 AM »
2.5  =   >thisclose<   to 3

amirite ?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2011, 08:01:07 AM »
2.5  =   >thisclose<   to 3

amirite ?

Yeah :(

So here is an opportunity post nicely and all will be well :)
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2011, 08:20:47 AM »
if Stella had a nickel for everytime she's said that...

nothing, i mean really, nothing?   >:(

I suggest a naked pillow fight to resovle this.  I have popcorn, let us begin.  There can be only one!

w8m8

« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2011, 08:33:17 AM »
Yeah :(

So here is an opportunity post nicely and all will be well :)

back to topic

I was in the store y/day and this young girl was at the register .. a "working" man was in front of me checking out .. ( working meaning he was dirty like he had been under a car ) .. he was buying gas line antifreeze

She KINDLY asked him for his ID .. he barked back at her .. "What the he!! do you need my ID for ? Jeezuss Kriste"

She turned red and looked shook .. and said "I'm sorry but there are some things we are told to ask for ID for and this is one .. I have to ask"

He pulled out a wallet that looked like it lied in a oil pit and pryed it open to a part that had an UNCLEAR vinyl front with his license behind it ..

The cashier said I'm sorry I can't see it

He got loud and said "Are you serious ? what the he!! do you think ? I'm not going to drink the sh!t" while he was taking his license out for her to see

When he handed it to her he looked back at me (I wanted to ram my trolley up his arse) .. I looked at him (not with a happy face) and just said sarcastically MERRY CHRISTMAS then told the cashier .. "Don't let him bother you .. you just carry on and have a good day at your job .. he will leave and live with that miserable attitude he has ... and you can smile at that the rest of your shift"

he paid her .. got his change .. took his bag and never said another word

I was disappointed

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2011, 06:25:42 PM »
There must be something in the air. My experiences with people in public have been good this year. Almost everyone seems super polite everywhere I go....but then I don't go to the malls where things may be worse.

I did have a small situation at the four-way stop just before entering the parking lot for the local grocery store. The first car in the intersection turned left coming out of the parking lot. I was the second car in the intersection. As I started to turn left into the parking lot another car coming from the opposite direction turned right, cutting in front of me, at proceeded to take the first available parking space. I thought, wow, this person has no idea of the rules of a four-way stop.

As luck would have it. I ended up parking facing the person who had cut me off. She was headed into the store. As I entered the store she and her two kids were standing by the bread display while she was probably choosing a loaf to buy. I should have, but I could resist telling her as I passed her that the last car at a four-way stop intersection does not have the right-of-way. I was polite. She just looked at me like I was a crazy man. Guess no one ever called her out before. I wanted to slap her....but her kids were with her and I didn't think violence was appropriate in this situation. Kidding....I never would slap a woman....well, except in my head.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2011, 07:17:02 AM »
There must be something in the air. My experiences with people in public have been good this year. Almost everyone seems super polite everywhere I go....but then I don't go to the malls where things may be worse.

I did have a small situation at the four-way stop just before entering the parking lot for the local grocery store. The first car in the intersection turned left coming out of the parking lot. I was the second car in the intersection. As I started to turn left into the parking lot another car coming from the opposite direction turned right, cutting in front of me, at proceeded to take the first available parking space. I thought, wow, this person has no idea of the rules of a four-way stop.

As luck would have it. I ended up parking facing the person who had cut me off. She was headed into the store. As I entered the store she and her two kids were standing by the bread display while she was probably choosing a loaf to buy. I should have, but I could resist telling her as I passed her that the last car at a four-way stop intersection does not have the right-of-way. I was polite. She just looked at me like I was a crazy man. Guess no one ever called her out before. I wanted to slap her....but her kids were with her and I didn't think violence was appropriate in this situation. Kidding....I never would slap a woman....well, except in my head.

She may not have realized what she did...she is a woman driver after all ;D... Maybe those kids were driving her crazy in the car and she was distracted.  Sometimes we get irritated by other people's driving..no doubt about it...but sometimes I try to give them the benefit of the doubt...like the people that take a turn sooooo slowly in front of you when you are trying to get through the intersection....sometime s I'm able to avoid road rage by telling myself they may have a cake in the car or an uncooked casserole they are trying not to spill.
R

w8m8

« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2011, 07:23:37 AM »
the people that take a turn sooooo slowly in front of you when you are trying to get through the intersection....sometime s I'm able to avoid road rage by telling myself they may have a cake in the car or an uncooked casserole they are trying not to spill :)

very good idea ... Thanks for that  :D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2011, 07:26:42 AM »
very good idea ... Thanks for that  :D
Now, if I could just come up with some reason that people drive under the speed limit >:(  (other than really old people, they get a pass because they probably feel like they are on the verge of disaster)
R

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2011, 12:56:25 PM »
Now, if I could just come up with some reason that people drive under the speed limit >:(  (other than really old people, they get a pass because they probably feel like they are on the verge of disaster)

Call it reverse road rage, but when I am going 5 miles over the speed limit, which is 35 mph on a two lane main thoroughfare in our neighborhood, and some impatient jerkwad climbs up on my tail, I purposefully slow down to the exact posted speed. No doubt, they probably think I am just another old man driver who cannot see where he is going, but that's just not it at all.

Believe it or not, I got a ticket for exceeding the speed limit by 7 mph in a 35 mph zone about a year ago. It was a photo ticket. I would have gone to court to fight it but the court date was the same day I was scheduled to fly to D.C. So I wrote an explanation, which was that the time of the offense was rush hour traffic and everyone on this very busy four lane thoroughfare was going the same speed. Had I been going the speed limit, I would have impeded the flow of traffic. For my effort, I paid the full $250 fine. Don't bother writing explanations to the court, it doesn't mean squat in Portland, OR.

By the way, I was very polite to the woman who cut me off when I spoke to her. Perhaps this was because I considered that she was probably distracted or just didn't know the rules of this type of intersection.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2011, 01:01:38 PM »
She may not have realized what she did...she is a woman driver after all ;D... Maybe those kids were driving her crazy in the car and she was distracted.  Sometimes we get irritated by other people's driving..no doubt about it...but sometimes I try to give them the benefit of the doubt...like the people that take a turn sooooo slowly in front of you when you are trying to get through the intersection....sometime s I'm able to avoid road rage by telling myself they may have a cake in the car or an uncooked casserole they are trying not to spill.

well there we have it

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2011, 07:08:51 AM »
i pretty much hate everyone so nothing really surprises me. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2011, 11:14:49 PM »
Call it reverse road rage, but when I am going 5 miles over the speed limit, which is 35 mph on a two lane main thoroughfare in our neighborhood, and some impatient jerkwad climbs up on my tail, I purposefully slow down to the exact posted speed. No doubt, they probably think I am just another old man driver who cannot see where he is going, but that's just not it at all.

I do the exact same thing.  There's a road nearby that is very hilly and the speed limit is 35.  Cops hide all the time.  It's impossible to do 35 in some spots without braking heavily.  People just fly.  If I'm doing 45 or so and someone comes up on my tail, I bring it down to exactly 35.  They should thank me, cause half the time I saved them a ticket.

The other day I was just cruising along in a familiar area (but didn't know exactly where a particular street was so I had the GPS going.  She tells me to turn right at the next intersection.  So I stop for the light.  She repeats TURN RIGHT.  So I look to my left - no one's coming and I turn right.  Immediately, a cop hits his lights.    WTF?  >:(   He pulls me over and sits there for what seemed like forever (running my plates), comes up to my window REALLY PISSED and says "the reason I pulled you over is because there's a sign at those lights 'NO TURN ON RED between 11 & 2.  It was 1:50; not that I noticed the sign, but sheesh...  he didn't have to be such a jerk about it.  $88 bucks.

Bastard  
>:(
:

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2011, 01:06:34 AM »
I do the exact same thing.  There's a road nearby that is very hilly and the speed limit is 35.  Cops hide all the time.  It's impossible to do 35 in some spots without braking heavily.  People just fly.  If I'm doing 45 or so and someone comes up on my tail, I bring it down to exactly 35.  They should thank me, cause half the time I saved them a ticket.

The other day I was just cruising along in a familiar area (but didn't know exactly where a particular street was so I had the GPS going.  She tells me to turn right at the next intersection.  So I stop for the light.  She repeats TURN RIGHT.  So I look to my left - no one's coming and I turn right.  Immediately, a cop hits his lights.    WTF?  >:(   He pulls me over and sits there for what seemed like forever (running my plates), comes up to my window REALLY PISSED and says "the reason I pulled you over is because there's a sign at those lights 'NO TURN ON RED between 11 & 2.  It was 1:50; not that I noticed the sign, but sheesh...  he didn't have to be such a jerk about it.  $88 bucks.

Bastard  

I don't know which is better, getting a ticket from a living cop or getting one in the mail where the violation is recorded on video. I got a ticket for making a right turn on a red light. I watch the video and thought it looked like I stopped because the video was choppy. When I called the number for checking on the video and explained how it looked to me, the lady on the other end of the phone politely told me that six people review the video before the ticket is issued. I went to court on this one. The fine was reduced by 25% which is the maximum allowed in Oregon.

This makes two tickets in two years. Before that, I had no traffic violations. Both these tickets are the result of camera/video tickets. Either I was better a spotting the police than I am at scoping out a camera or my driving has gotten worse. Either way, I am on my very best driving behavior now....no more tickets!

w8m8

« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2011, 05:06:23 AM »
"the reason I pulled you over is because there's a sign at those lights 'NO TURN ON RED between 11 & 2.  It was 1:50; not that I noticed the sign, but sheesh...  he didn't have to be such a jerk about it.  $88 bucks.

Bastard  

What reason is there that's logical to restrict turning for 3 hours ... if no traffic is coming then it makes no sense to not maintain the same permission thats allowed the rest of the day/night

Some things just make no sense to me

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2011, 10:10:32 AM »

As for the cameras...what if someone else is driving the car?  Do they still issue the ticket to you?  I have heard of someone getting a ticket in the mail where they send a pic and people have written back, Not Me (driving) and they invalidated the ticket.

most states have rescinded the excuse and the registered owner is still liable

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2011, 03:25:43 PM »
i pretty much hate everyone so nothing really surprises me.  

uh huh.  I find rude people difficult to comprehend.  I still always say please and thank you.  I don't hate anyone>>>I never have - I just prefer to spend my time with a chosen few and attempt to ignore or pity the rest.  

I'll admit to not liking many people these days.  I'm truly disillusioned and upset.  When I was younger I thought this world would be all peace and love and everything good.  Instead I have to get old in a word gone to hell in a handcart - a total pile of utter nasty ignorant whatever.  

I'm way too old & too terribly clever and I never get hurt and you've taken my postings out of context?  You don't do irony?

You surely can't hate anyone?  There but the Grace of God Go You.  

Just do a bit of karma and they'll get their comeuppance.  Just don't react - please back off - don't do conflict.  Swallow and waltz away.  

Believe >>>that they'll have to deal with their ignorance rudeness and utter misunderstanding another time.

xL

Does that take me to 3?  I'm going to India for a few weeks in Jan-Feb so I don't in fact care.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2011, 03:40:15 PM »
Re: the last ten posts.  

You'll need to drive in either London or Roma or maybe try Cairo or Mumbai or Beijing before you ought critisize other drivers.  You're lucky - your roads were built for automobiles.

Most roads elsewhere across the globe were not.  

Oh do post another daft post about your motoring issues and finding parking when you live in vast America and have the best roads >the best cars >the cheapest petrol?  

Go on.

xL

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2011, 04:56:42 PM »
I do this too but I slow down even further than the posted speed.  And sometimes slam on my brakes....I'm terrible and need to stop doing this :(  but they back off afterward...probably for their own safety after seeing that I'm a woman driver.

250 for a speeding ticket?  Were you in a school zone or something?

As for the cameras...what if someone else is driving the car?  Do they still issue the ticket to you?  I have heard of someone getting a ticket in the mail where they send a pic and people have written back, Not Me (driving) and they invalidated the ticket.

Also, a person that used to post here a lot got a ticket in the mail for running a red light which she didn't remember doing and they gave her a link to view the video of her doing so she looked it up and sure enough she did it.. she sent the link to me and for some reason it was hilarious.

It was a construction zone with no construction. My colleagues told me that it was a notorious speed trap....who knew? Not me! Most all of this highway is posted 45 mph. It was just a three block area where it was posted 35 mph.

Several years ago, we were headed out to breakfast when our daughter announced she was about to be ill. All I could think of was getting over to the curb as quickly as possible. This wasn't a problem as there was no traffic on the road at all. As soon as I passed through the intersection I realized the camera had snapped a picture of me running the light. The ticket was issued to my wife. She contacted the authorities to tell them she wasn't driving and that I was (thanks). Anyway, they dismissed the ticket because they said it cost more to reissue it than to dismiss it. Unfortunately, no the require some proof like a copy of your photo idea if you say you weren't driving. Fortunately for my wife, we don't exactly look alike. LOL!

Big brother is watching these days. Be careful not to pick your nose in public because you are probably on camera.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2011, 04:57:50 PM »
What reason is there that's logical to restrict turning for 3 hours ... if no traffic is coming then it makes no sense to not maintain the same permission thats allowed the rest of the day/night

Some laws are money makers.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »
I've stopped doing that.  It usually invokes road rage and I have an easy plate to remember.  New law recently passed and now more people are packing heat.

I learned my lesson about road rage many years ago. We were in San Francisco on a freeway, trying to figure out which off ramp we needed to take....but staying up with the flow of traffic. Some jerk cut me off so I gave him the finger. Well, he followed me for a couple of miles before he gave up. No way was I pulling over with the wife and kids in the car to give him a piece of my mind. Now had I been alone....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2011, 05:14:43 PM »
Re: the last ten posts.  

You'll need to drive in either London or Roma or maybe try Cairo or Mumbai or Beijing before you ought critisize other drivers.  You're lucky - your roads were built for automobiles.

Most roads elsewhere across the globe were not.  

Oh do post another daft post about your motoring issues and finding parking when you live in vast America and have the best roads >the best cars >the cheapest petrol?  

Go on.

xL

The time I had the most fun driving was in Paris. Naturally, we had an insured rental car. I loved the stop lights in France; they go from green to red and everyone stops. Then they turn yellow, like saying get set, and then green for go. Some of the streets are so narrow, you wonder if your little car will fit and other boulevards are so wide that cars are all over the place like in bumper cars. Nobody is going really fast so an accident is bound to be fairly insignificant.

On the otherhand, driving in Germany on the Autoban was scary. Here we were in a little Opal four banger with no guts. If you needed to pass a truck in the slow lane, you risked your life. Trucks had a speed limit of 60 mph while cars at that time had no speed limit. So the highway looks clear and you decide to gun it and pass the truck. Almost before you get fully in the the next lane some big honking Mercedes is on your tail flashing the car lights and honking, eventhough there is nowhere for you to go until you get passed that damn truck. More recent trips have been better because there is now a speed limit. One thing about the Germans, they pretty much obey the traffic laws. I think the consequences for not doing so are pretty stiff.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2011, 05:20:32 PM »

uh huh.  I find rude people difficult to comprehend.  I still always say please and thank you.  I don't hate anyone>>>I never have - I just prefer to spend my time with a chosen few and attempt to ignore or pity the rest.  

I'll admit to not liking many people these days.  I'm truly disillusioned and upset.  When I was younger I thought this world would be all peace and love and everything good.  Instead I have to get old in a word gone to hell in a handcart - a total pile of utter nasty ignorant whatever.  

I'm way too old & too terribly clever and I never get hurt and you've taken my postings out of context?  You don't do irony?

You surely can't hate anyone?  There but the Grace of God Go You.  

Just do a bit of karma and they'll get their comeuppance.  Just don't react - please back off - don't do conflict.  Swallow and waltz away.  

Believe >>>that they'll have to deal with their ignorance rudeness and utter misunderstanding another time.

xL

Does that take me to 3?  I'm going to India for a few weeks in Jan-Feb so I don't in fact care.

i got a bump on my head from trying to make sense of this

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2011, 05:42:29 PM »
i got a bump on my head from trying to make sense of this

report to mod:
Moderators: Princess L, Ron, Butterbean, Laura Lee, The BEAST

this guy^^^ is into self harming/abuse and needs help please?

xxxL

joke okay?

merry everything and happy always