Author Topic: Would you ever spend $8.59 on a medium sized jar of tomato sauce?  (Read 3311 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Would you ever spend $8.59 on a medium sized jar of tomato sauce?
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 05:25:08 PM »
Who`s Basil ??? 

;D
Vince,  Mr. Canada 1863. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 05:25:50 PM »
SAL, Worsteshire and Teriyaki sauce are pretty standard around this house. Those two additions  aren't considered strange at all but some of the other ingredients seemed a bit 'offensive-taste-wise' at first..

For instance ...

How about a half-cup or a cupful of Vodka?
Celery?
Catsup? (The kids usually add the catsup.)
Cut up apples? (Surprised me but this was damn good too.)
Apple-sauce?

Most of the above ingredients are added in small amounts but each enhanced the flavor a bit and started interesting dinner conversations.

TA... Thanks! I'll copy that to the recipe page and give it a try ASAP. Have yet to read it thoroughly though.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 05:26:39 PM »
Vince,  Mr. Canada 1863. 
Dude,I choked on my fucking tea!!  LOL  ;D

Fucking funny shit!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 06:29:15 PM »
I notice most black people don`t eat as well as they once did.  They used to know how to cook things extremely well.  The newer generations don`t know how cook like their fathers, mothers, grandmothers, grandfathers, great grandfathers etc...

There are some in the South that still know how to do it right and when you find them, very few people can compare to their ability.  I am not so sure about the north though.  

I think its just about the majority of people in America...not just blacks.  They simply won't eat anything unless it comes from a box in the freezer or from a drive thru window. 

I cook just about every meal I eat.  I grow my vegetables and shop at the Farmer's Market if I don't have it along with the Amish store in town.   

Heck, you can make biscuits from just mixing some flour, butter, and milk (I add a teaspoon of baking powder)...its not that fucking hard to do, quicker and much tastier.  There's not any real effort into it.  And why would I go to a McDonalds when I can make one at home that would blow their shit on a bun away by a million miles.     
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 06:54:32 PM »

I think its just about the majority of people in America...not just blacks.  They simply won't eat anything unless it comes from a box in the freezer or from a drive thru window. 

I cook just about every meal I eat.  I grow my vegetables and shop at the Farmer's Market if I don't have it along with the Amish store in town.   

Heck, you can make biscuits from just mixing some flour, butter, and milk (I add a teaspoon of baking powder)...its not that fucking hard to do, quicker and much tastier.  There's not any real effort into it.  And why would I go to a McDonalds when I can make one at home that would blow their shit on a bun away by a million miles.     
100 Percent correct.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2011, 06:56:13 PM »

Vince,dropping knowledge!!