Author Topic: Golds Gym - "The Mecca", when it really was "The Mecca"  (Read 465378 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: "The Mecca",When It Really Was "The Mecca"
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2011, 12:46:23 PM »
He also seems to have the optimum standing position in every single photo, the guy was all ego, I'm pretty sure he was unbearable to be around. Everything about him suggests this.

Don't get me wrong the dream is awsome and he did look like a god, but everything was very calculated.
From all accounts,Arnold was a lot of fun to hang out with back in the day.

He was fun loving and lived the life he dreamed of living............ which means he was pretty much  happy.

Everybody from back then that hung with him,speaks very highly of him for the most part.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »
Ah, the good old days.   Nowdays you have clowns in the gym working out with hoodies on thinking they look cool.   

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2011, 12:56:37 PM »
gotta repost this pic for sickness

MikMaq

« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »
From all accounts,Arnold was a lot of fun to hang out with back in the day.

He was fun loving and lived the life he dreamed of living............ which means he was pretty much  happy.

Everybody from back then that hung with him,speaks very highly of him for the most part.
I get the legend but I really have to question how much actual time he spent with the other guys besides franco hell he didn't speak that much english in his early years, and later own was busy with many other parts of the business, I've always got the feeling it'd be one gym appearance a week nothing more, when he was basically just building a network base.

It looks like alot of people just want cred for knowing the legend rather than actually being that close to him.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »
8)

that is what makes you want to be a bodybuilder. today it's more about becoming a freakshow/mutant clownass
l

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2011, 01:12:02 PM »
if u dont get why people would lie about liking arnold u don't know people

GettingBig

• Getbig II
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2011, 01:45:16 PM »
No problem brother!!  :)

High protein,moderate to high fat,low carbs......back in the 1970`s that is.

Not much cardio but 20 sets per most bodyparts twice weekly.

thanks for the info bro.

I have to say this this era and physiques makes me hate what's going on nowadays !! all I see nowadays freaks with guts and thick mid sections and thick skin and no definitions.

i guess the mega doses nowadays and eating style killed the old school physiques !

I'm not sure how many grams they used back then but whatever they used they looked amazing.

again thanks for the pictures bro you really made bodybuilding feels beautiful once again.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
if u dont get why people would lie about liking arnold u don't know people
This is way before he became involved in politics and was in his 20`s and 30`s.......use your head.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2011, 01:53:41 PM »
thanks for the info bro.

I have to say this this era and physiques makes me hate what's going on nowadays !! all I see nowadays freaks with guts and thick mid sections and thick skin and no definitions.

i guess the mega doses nowadays and eating style killed the old school physiques !

I'm not sure how many grams they used back then but whatever they used they looked amazing.

again thanks for the pictures bro you really made bodybuilding feels beautiful once again.

Thanks bud,it`s a pleasure.....I enjoy these old pics as much as anyone........maybe even more since I`m a relic of sorts myself!!  LOL  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »
I get the legend but I really have to question how much actual time he spent with the other guys besides franco hell he didn't speak that much english in his early years, and later own was busy with many other parts of the business, I've always got the feeling it'd be one gym appearance a week nothing more, when he was basically just building a network base.

It looks like alot of people just want cred for knowing the legend rather than actually being that close to him.
He "appeared" at the gym 6 X a week bro and trained with Draper,Katz,Robby,Callard,Gable,ColombuPadilla,Giuliani,Drasin,Zabo,Dave Dupree,and many others.......also hung out with them after training,going to the beach,getting pussy,eating in restaurants,etc..etc.

He was young and living the life he planned...............wh ich was to be on the top of the bodybuilding ladder.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »
politics in terms of governership has nothing to do with it, politics in terms of social politics of every day life has everything to do with it

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2011, 02:30:48 PM »
politics in terms of governership has nothing to do with it, politics in terms of social politics of every day life has everything to do with it
Go work on that future bestselling novel will ya` ?

Can`t wait to read it!!

MikMaq

« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »
He "appeared" at the gym 6 X a week bro and trained with Draper,Katz,Robby,Callard,Gable,ColombuPadilla,Giuliani,Drasin,Zabo,Dave Dupree,and many others.......also hung out with them after training,going to the beach,getting pussy,eating in restaurants,etc..etc.

He was young and living the life he planned...............wh ich was to be on the top of the bodybuilding ladder.
I've heard the stories before, but what time period are you actually talking about, after he learned english, and before he made stay hungry.

I've always felt the image of their friendships was much on the level of extreme sports athletes who pretend to be part of the be super friends crew in order to sell product.

Granted columbo was for sure arnolds bud, but the rest seem to only be there for photo opps in the 10 weeks before a show.

Again I could be wrong, but I think the golden years were far fewer and far sparser than we are lead to believe.

This is way before he became involved in politics and was in his 20`s and 30`s.......use your head.

It was a time period before he turned 28, and for the longest time he didn't speaka de english.

It wasn't politics it was business, to sell the sport you had to sell the characters/image, they even admit that it was very intentional during pumping iron.

Galvatron

• Getbig III
  • I have contacts in Washington
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2011, 02:36:28 PM »
must be a toilet paper novel

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2011, 02:41:15 PM »

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2011, 02:42:31 PM »
i love how wes thinks that what he saw in pumping iron is exactly real life, like all arnold did was workout and hang out with bodybuilders and go to restaurants and the beach, man you are fucking clueless wes

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2011, 02:43:17 PM »
I've heard the stories before, but what time period are you actually talking about, after he learned english, and before he made stay hungry.

I've always felt the image of their friendships was much on the level of extreme sports athletes who pretend to be part of the be super friends crew in order to sell product.

Granted columbo was for sure arnolds bud, but the rest seem to only be there for photo opps in the 10 weeks before a show.

Again I could be wrong, but I think the golden years were far fewer and far sparser than we are lead to believe.

It was a time period before he turned 28, and for the longest time he didn't speaka de english.

It wasn't politics it was business, to sell the sport you had to sell the characters/image, they even admit that it was very intentional during pumping iron.

OK,I conced defeat,he hated people and everyone hated him.

I`m just going by accounts that I`ve heard.......same as you since we don`t know as we weren`t there.

Satisfied?

If not I can throw in  a few more adjectives to put his mystique and credibility down another notch or two.

GEEZUS!!

MikMaq

« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2011, 02:46:20 PM »
OK,I conced defeat,he hated people and everyone hated him.

I`m just going by accounts that I`ve heard.......same as you since we don`t know as we weren`t there.

Satisfied?

If not I can throw in  a few more adjectives to put his mystique and credibility down another notch or two.

GEEZUS!!
Lolz man I wouldn't go that far, but the difference between them and us going to the gym is simple. They looked perfect, and were payed to basically sell a sport, it was a job, just like any other, granted a very good job, but much of what actually happen was completely independent of golds.

Just like anyone else, partying, and fucking hoes, it gets very borning after a few months, these weren't teenagers out having a good old time they were men just like any other.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2011, 02:48:52 PM »
Lolz man I wouldn't go that far, but the difference between them and us going to the gym is simple. They looked perfect, and were payed to basically sell a sport, it was a job, just like any other, granted a very good job, but much of what actually happen was completely independent of golds.

Just like anyone else, partying, and fucking hoes, it gets very borning after a few months, these weren't teenagers out having a good old time they were men just like any other.
C`mon bro,do you believe that pro football players or beaseball players their ages would act any different.

Of course they make/made much more money than a bodybuilder.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2011, 02:49:05 PM »
Watching this pictures give me mixed feelings!
Infact this pictures remind me how much I love bodybuilding the way was back then ,but at the same time remind me how much I hate bodybuiding how became today!  :(
FOR GOD SAKE! HOW DID WE GO FROM SERGE NUBRET TO BRANCH WARREN??? >:(

Galvatron

• Getbig III
  • I have contacts in Washington
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2011, 02:51:46 PM »
That's how it is. I remember watching Predator in the morning and then going to the gym and blasting out chest and back arnold style...incredible pump.

MikMaq

« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2011, 02:52:38 PM »
C`mon bro,do you believe that pro football players or beaseball players their ages would act any different.

Of course they make/made much more money than a bodybuilder.
The other major difference is that they toured together for several seasons. It's alot difference for showing up for practice a few times a week before a contest, and spending years of your life together on tour.

Even athletes are alot more borning than most people think, sure there are the wild guys dripping in std's and on tons of blow, but these same guys you'll find in any office.

the trainer

« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2011, 02:58:42 PM »
bodybuilding going mainstream was not really a good thing, now all the gyms have turned into pussies and filled with skinny twinks who think they are the shit,  they will drop their money on personal training so that counts for something i guess.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2011, 03:01:57 PM »
bodybuilding going mainstream was not really a good thing, now all the gyms have turned into pussies and filled with skinny twinks who think they are the shit,  they will drop their money on personal training so that counts for something i guess.
^THIS^

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2011, 03:03:17 PM »
i love how wes thinks that what he saw in pumping iron is exactly real life, like all arnold did was workout and hang out with bodybuilders and go to restaurants and the beach, man you are fucking clueless wes

Before I write the next post let me answer this first............not all the time but yes, most of the time it was like that. I trained there during those times (not the original but the second golds). Training sessions didn't last 45mins but rather 1-1/2 hours usually twice per day. They (we) trained 6 days per week. It was literally eat, sleep and train. There was camaraderie back then, most gyms back then had family atmosphere (they were the family) and damn near everyone trained hard and I mean fucking HARD. So unless you were actually there....STFU!