Author Topic: Golds Gym - "The Mecca", when it really was "The Mecca"  (Read 463386 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Re: Golds Gym - "The Mecca", when it really was "The Mecca"
« Reply #1400 on: March 30, 2012, 02:53:34 AM »
Tim Belknap: First guy to use insulin because he was a legit diabetic and look at his thick waste...

EL PACIFICO!

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1401 on: March 30, 2012, 04:44:11 AM »
Tim Belknap: First guy to use insulin because he was a legit diabetic and look at his thick waste...

EL PACIFICO!

I think people make too much of his diabetic slin use.
It may have assisted, but he was 5'5", weighed 215-220, had a blocky structure, so his waist was never gonna be zane-like

Had he stuck it out, and not switched to nabba, where he did great, he couldve made damage at ifbb, in mid 80s

He looked great when he won the america

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1402 on: March 30, 2012, 06:15:28 AM »
man those old photos brought me back, :) i used to have lance dreher, the barbarian brothers, belknap, jeff king, sergio, and ofcourse arnold pics hanging on the wall of my home gym back in the early to mid 80,s.i miss the good ole ciba-geigy dbol from back then
R

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1403 on: March 30, 2012, 06:16:18 AM »
man those old photos brought me back, :) i used to have lance dreher, the barbarian brothers, belknap, jeff king, sergio, and ofcourse arnold pics hanging on the wall of my home gym back in the early to mid 80,s.i miss the good ole ciba-geigy dbol from back then
That shit was the bomb!  :D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #1404 on: March 30, 2012, 06:19:53 AM »
How comes you guys managed to wriggle out of WWII to lift all those weights?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1405 on: March 30, 2012, 06:20:43 AM »
How comes you guys managed to wriggle out of WWII to lift all those weights?
We (bodybuilders) were considered entertainers so we got a pass!  ;)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #1406 on: March 30, 2012, 06:30:09 AM »
We (bodybuilders) were considered entertainers so we got a pass!  ;)

Hahaha good answer  :D

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1407 on: March 30, 2012, 06:30:26 AM »
That shit was the bomb!  :D

those ciba dbol was my very first cycle back in 83, i put on some size quick. back then you could get sauce anywhere cause it was that easy, i remember training in the same gym as johnnie morant, guy duccasse, gaspari, franco santoreillo and a bunch of other good bodybuilders in north jersey back in 84. kempers gym was awesome. you look awesome in that pic wes  
R

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1408 on: March 30, 2012, 06:32:41 AM »
those ciba dbol was my very first cycle back in 83, i put on some size quick. back then you could get sauce anywhere cause it was that easy, i remember training in the same gym as johnnie morant, guy duccasse, gaspari, franco santoreillo and a bunch of other good bodybuilders in north jersey back in 84. kempers gym was awesome. you look awesome in that pic wes 
Thanks bro..................... ...damn that must have been awesome training back then at Diamond Gym.

Do you know Dwayne Broadway,Cephas Bacon,and David Wilson?

CIBA D-Bol was the first shit I ever took..........3 5mg. tabs a day............I looked great and got strong as hell.

I miss those days!  :(

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #1409 on: March 30, 2012, 06:38:31 AM »

Trans Milkshake.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1410 on: March 30, 2012, 06:39:51 AM »
i remember those guys, they used to train in the morning when i went. michael johnson and nick lavatola as well as john and shirley trained very early also. one day i was training and in walks pro wrestlers ricky steamboat and paul orndorf.steamboat was huge as hell, that gym was crazy bro in alot of different ways :o
R

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1411 on: March 30, 2012, 06:55:21 AM »
i remember those guys, they used to train in the morning when i went. michael johnson and nick lavatola as well as john and shirley trained very early also. one day i was training and in walks pro wrestlers ricky steamboat and paul orndorf.steamboat was huge as hell, that gym was crazy bro in alot of different ways :o
Cool!!

I`ve heard a lot of stories about Diamond that I won`t mention in this thread.

A lot of wrestlers came to our gym one time,they got dwarfed by Jeff King and the other animals at our gym.

Arcidi was there ,gave a kid a 100 dollar bill to go get him a sub and a soda,kid came back and he let the kid keep the change.

He also was doing Skullcrushers with 3 plates a side.......guy was a fucking monster.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1412 on: March 30, 2012, 06:58:13 AM »

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1413 on: March 30, 2012, 07:00:29 AM »

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1414 on: March 30, 2012, 07:02:13 AM »
paris was a damn good bodybuilder, his shape was awesome.
R

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1415 on: March 30, 2012, 07:02:17 AM »
Those are oldies!!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1416 on: March 30, 2012, 07:07:49 AM »
remember when muscle builder and the thick ass muscle mag magazines was around? those where the bomb. them old mags where a hundred times better then the ones now. i still got some old ironman mags from the late 60,s or early seventies layin around somewhere that my 8th grade teacher gave me,lol
R

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1417 on: March 30, 2012, 07:12:28 AM »
remember when muscle builder and the thick ass muscle mag magazines was around? those where the bomb. them old mags where a hundred times better then the ones now. i still got some old ironman mags from the late 60,s or early seventies layin around somewhere that my 8th grade teacher gave me,lol
Yup,sold a lot of my old mags on E-Bay but I still have a lot of old Iron Man mags from the Peary and Mabel Rader days.

The mags today,I stopped buying years ago............I still have a lot of others too,but the old Iron Mans were like the bodybuilding bible!  ;)

Before the internet,those mags were slow in coming,but when they hit the stands,you felt like training hard right then and there!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1418 on: March 30, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »
i remember buying the heavy duty mentzer manuals back in the day also, my neighbor gave me the old arnold training manuals he had from the 70,s also. i cant find the arnold ones, ive must have lost them and it sucks cause they would prolly be worth some coin today.i used to train with bill grant alot and he would tell me how him and arnold used to train, the stories bill use to tell about those old golds gym days in cali where priceless. im actually gonna see if i could find a time machine to go back to the early 80,s when bodybuilding and life in general was better,lol
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1419 on: March 30, 2012, 07:30:07 AM »
first pro show i ever went to was in 82 i believe, it was the mr america in radio city music hall in nyc,.belknap guest posed and mike christian and a young haney where in it. i forgot who won though, kemper started running alot of shows back then also which was cool. i remember johnnie morant had such good genetics that he used to plow down white castle hamburgers right up to the show and still looked awesome, he worked at the white castle back then so he had unlimited access,lol. do you remember lucho? he was the teenage mr america when he was like 15 or so, sadly he died back in 98
R

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1420 on: March 30, 2012, 07:39:44 AM »
Cardillo was big on electric muscle stimulation. To me it looks like torture, lol

You guys are right about the mags, they became garbage. I remember pre internet waiting for the olympia and other contest results!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1421 on: March 30, 2012, 07:44:59 AM »
first pro show i ever went to was in 82 i believe, it was the mr america in radio city music hall in nyc,.belknap guest posed and mike christian and a young haney where in it. i forgot who won though, kemper started running alot of shows back then also which was cool. i remember johnnie morant had such good genetics that he used to plow down white castle hamburgers right up to the show and still looked awesome, he worked at the white castle back then so he had unlimited access,lol. do you remember lucho? he was the teenage mr america when he was like 15 or so, sadly he died back in 98
Lucho  ???  not sure ?

Bill Grant has to be one of the nicest guys you`d ever want to meet.........a real class act.

If you find that time machine,don`t forget me please!  ;D

Cardillo was a good bodybuilder always in top condition........I now wonder if he was really into that electronic muscle stimulation or was it just a ploy to make cash........who knows?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1422 on: March 30, 2012, 07:53:38 AM »
Probably into EMS to make cash, you're right. I wonder how many guys tried to emulate that, and took car batteries to gym

He did well with the belts though good at marketing himself, he didn't have the best genes, but always got press,

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1423 on: March 30, 2012, 07:55:20 AM »
Probably into EMS to make cash, you're right. I wonder how many guys tried to emulate that, and took car batteries to gym

He did well with the belts though good at marketing himself, he didn't have the best genes, but always got press,
Yeah,he`s raking it in on the belts,and they are nice!

I`m bringing my battery to the gym today..........tired of being small!  :D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1424 on: March 30, 2012, 08:07:53 AM »
Yeah,he`s raking it in on the belts,and they are nice!

I`m bringing my battery to the gym today..........tired of being small!  :D

Take your belt that says "WES" in bold red lettering with you!

Then , apply the weider "shock principle"