Author Topic: I'll rip Lesnar apart piece by piece - Overeem  (Read 29751 times)

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
Re: I'll rip Lesnar apart piece by piece - Overeem
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2011, 12:45:03 PM »
wow your making me think this might actually be a competitive fight  :D

Most likely it wont be.

Lesnar will get a taste of Overeems standup then he'll bullrush him and take him down.

From there he'll hold him down and safely ground and pound him until he tko's him with one of those big ham bones he calls hands.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2011, 12:46:55 PM »
Most likely it wont be.

Lesnar will get a taste of Overeems standup then he'll bullrush him and take him down.

From there he'll hold him down and safely ground and pound him until he tko's him with one of those big ham bones he calls hands.
I agree if Lesnar gets overeem on the ground he will be in trouble. Just don't see it happening fast enough to prevent Ali from getting Brock into panic mode.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
I agree if Lesnar gets overeem on the ground he will be in trouble. Just don't see it happening fast enough to prevent Ali from getting Brock into panic mode.

Im basing my opinion on the assumption that Brock has spent the last year learning not to turn away and curl up into a ball when getting punched.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2011, 12:55:38 PM »
Most likely it wont be.

That is possible of course, but not likely. Some people take that phrase 'anything can happen in mma' and just go with the moon with it. Of course Lesnar could take Overeem down and bash his face into the mat but you have to look at the facts and understand the level of competition thats fighting here. Until Lesnar gets him on his back, I dont think Brock has ANYTHING to offer Overeem he hasnt seen before.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2011, 12:56:09 PM »
Most likely it wont be.

we will see about that Mouthballz..... we will see..

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2011, 01:01:32 PM »
That is possible of course, but not likely. Some people take that phrase 'anything can happen in mma' and just go with the moon with it. Of course Lesnar could take Overeem down and bash his face into the mat but you have to look at the facts and understand the level of competition thats fighting here. Until Lesnar gets him on his back, I dont think Brock has ANYTHING to offer Overeem he hasnt seen before.

Overeems last five fights were against. Werdum, Brett Rogers, Todd Dufee, Fujita, and James Thompson.

You act like he's some type of world class fighter when in reality for the past 3 years he's been fighting tomato cans. While Brock has fought Cain, Carwin, Mir, Corture in his last fights. All world class fighters.

Maybe you should rethink your stance.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »
I just want to point out that Overeem never hurt Werdum in the clinch and appeared to be headhunting the whole fight, also Werdum was trying to take Overeem down by pulling him, that's why Werdum was laying on his back the whole fight.

Just sayin.  :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2011, 01:10:19 PM »
I just want to point out that Overeem never hurt Werdum in the clinch and appeared to be headhunting the whole fight, also Werdum was trying to take Overeem down by pulling him, that's why Werdum was laying on his back the whole fight.

That was one of the worst main event fights ive seen in a LONG time.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2011, 01:12:38 PM »
Overeems last five fights were against. Werdum, Brett Rogers, Todd Dufee, Fujita, and James Thompson.

You act like he's some type of world class fighter when in reality for the past 3 years he's been fighting tomato cans. While Brock has fought Cain, Carwin, Mir, Corture in his last fights. All world class fighters.

Maybe you should rethink your stance.

Cain, overhyped to shit.
Carwin, dont even go there
Mir, a top fighter 50% of the time
Couture- ... 50lbs?

Overeem absolutely crushes cans, where I think Brock would lose the half of Overeems opponents you've listed. Look at the technical combat histories of the fighters, not their past opponents. MMath will not figure out who is going to win this.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2011, 02:25:34 PM »
Cain, overhyped to shit.
Carwin, dont even go there
Mir, a top fighter 50% of the time
Couture- ... 50lbs?

Overeem absolutely crushes cans, where I think Brock would lose the half of Overeems opponents you've listed. Look at the technical combat histories of the fighters, not their past opponents. MMath will not figure out who is going to win this.
agreed almost 100%
only i don't think Duffee is a can.... he was teh next big thing and suddenly when not fighting for the UFC he is a can??
and Werdum is top 10, not a can.
Glad to see i am not the only one who thinks Carwin is sooooooo overrated. dude has no gas , a 1 round fighter, no standup skills, and no bjj....
Also you guys in the US underestimate the groundskills of Overeem, he is very very skillfull on the ground!
If brock takes it to the ground, Overeem can beat him there as well....Overeems grappling is far better then Brocks.
Be Happy,
Optimus

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2011, 02:42:08 PM »
agreed almost 100%
only i don't think Duffee is a can.... he was teh next big thing and suddenly when not fighting for the UFC he is a can??
Glad to see i am not the only one who thinks Carwin is sooooooo overrated. dude has no gas , a 1 round fighter, no standup skills, and no bjj....
Also you guys in the US underestimate the groundskills of Overeem, he is very very skillfull on the ground!
If brock takes it to the ground, Overeem can beat him there as well....Overeems grappling is far better then Brocks.

exactly, just because overeems standup is excellent doesn't mean his ground game sucks, it's also very good. And even if overeem beats brock, it isn't some sort of proof that overeem truly is a great champion, he is a great champion regardless, it would be weird if overeem lost.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2011, 02:44:38 PM »
We get it OvereemPride1980...you're all upon his nuts. ::)

I think a lot of people are underestimating Brock thinking Overeem is going to walk right through him. His last several fights have looked very lackluster and unaggressive.

Only time will tell children, then one side will be screaming..

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2011, 03:04:46 PM »

I think a lot of people are underestimating Brock thinking Overeem is going to walk right through him. His last several fights have looked very lackluster and unaggressive.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

Ah, but ofcourse Brock has been very impressive in his last two fights.

Alistair was doing K1 and MMA. Now he's fully focused on MMA again he'll do better.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »

This^^^^^

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »
Brock is a greenhorn fighting out of his league, Overeem is hailed as some great force, he should be impressive, Brock not so much.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2011, 04:10:08 PM »

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!
Why would you bring Overeems nuts into the discussion, you're thinking about them clearly, not me!  ::) ::)

never said Overeem was the absolute best, however he is a real fighter, which Brock is not.
Real fighters do not go embrionic when hit.....
and in this day and age, with the ufc heavyweight division being weak as it is, Overeem is one of the best!
And Overeems only fight which looked unagressive was the Werdum fight.
The rest of his fights were almost all quick and heavy KO's.
And in his K1 fights he did not look unagressive, it's a tournament and a fighter has to play it smart and not get hurt.

But a fight is a fight, anything can happen..... i just would be very surprised if Brock will make it out of round 1.

Be Happy,
Optimus

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2011, 04:11:56 PM »
agreed almost 100%

I should of added that Werdum is definitely not a can and Duffee is no joke either. Both very tough competition and yeah your not the only one who thinks Carwin is overrated. Guy is NOT a top 10 fighter and i'd be surprised if he made it though most if any of the guys that were just listed.
And Overeem has a sick ground game btw. Watched him nearly pull Vitors head off twice and choke out a healthy Igor Vovchanchyn.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2011, 04:19:07 PM »
I should of added that Werdum is definitely not a can and Duffee is no joke either. Both very tough competition and yeah your not the only one who thinks Carwin is overrated. Guy is NOT a top 10 fighter and i'd be surprised if he made it though most if any of the guys that were just listed.
And Overeem has a sick ground game btw. Watched him nearly pull Vitors head off twice and choke out a healthy Igor Vovchanchyn.
yeah, guys here that say Werdum is a can and Duffee a joke... lol...
Those guys are good fighters!
Now Carwin i think IS a can! And lazy, when a fighter has no cardio , that's because he has not been training enough. The only thing that requires no talent is a gastank!
Overeem's groundgame is very good.... ADCC euro champ. All victories were Guillotinechokes lol!
Remember seeing the Vitor fight.... but Overeem only fights cans, so Vitor must also be a can.... ::)
Be Happy,
Optimus

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
Carwin is a can.
Dude can hit hard, but has NO gas tank.
IMHO, a fighter with no gas is a can, period.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2011, 04:25:02 PM »
Carwin is a can.
Dude can hit hard, but has NO gas tank.
IMHO, a fighter with no gas is a can, period.
me and Bas Rutten agree with you! lol....
Bas Rutten once said he wanted fighters that came in with no gastank to be fined!
i agree... because gas is what you need to work for! it's the hard part of training, the part that hurts the most!
pain from sparring is not the same....
Be Happy,
Optimus

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2011, 04:28:21 PM »
Bas Rutten once said he wanted fighters that came in with no gastank to be fined!
i agree... because gas is what you need to work for! it's the hard part of training, the part that hurts the most!

I always kinda enjoyed getting hit while sparring. (weird I know)
NEVER enjoyed doing things that worked on cardio.
Lol.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »
no... He had a terrible disease and surgury.
Yeah, the disease called lost fire.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Yeah, the disease called lost fire.
Lots of Lesnar's fire left after he started getting hit hard, he seemed like one of those guys that loved fighting as long as he was dominating, but as soon as it became clear he was gonna have to actually WORK at being the best (not just walk in and own everyone), a lot of his drive went out the window.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2011, 04:33:14 PM »

X2 !! He's a 270lb can. his position in the UFC should be replaced by Bigfoot Silva

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2011, 04:36:18 PM »
I always kinda enjoyed getting hit while sparring. (weird I know)
NEVER enjoyed doing things that worked on cardio.
Lol.
lol yeah i know... me to! when i start i think well ... here we go.... but then when sparring, you turn a switch, and it does get enjoyable. (not that weird lol!)
ofc we spar at 70% with the big gloves, 50 % with mma gloves, to the head that is.
100 % full force is NOT enjoyable lol!
to the body full force always....  ;D ;D ;D ;D
things that work on cardio , hurt!!! hurts from the inside, your lungs hurt, lactic acid in your muscles.... hurts like hell!
Be Happy,
Optimus