Author Topic: Need a new phone, HELP (Sorry, OFF TOPIC AGAIN) (No Homo/Negro)  (Read 2597 times)

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Need a new phone, HELP (Sorry, OFF TOPIC AGAIN) (No Homo/Negro)
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »
You don't need to jail break an Android phone that's just iphones everything you download off the net is free on Android.

dustin

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 01:49:45 PM »
You don't need to jail break an Android phone that's just iphones everything you download off the net is free on Android.

apktop.com is great for this. Granted, I buy all the apps that I use. When I help friends setup their phone and they're too cheap, I just download them from here.

Rooting is helpful mostly if you're a nerd. I need root access for the modifications I do, like editing the .host file to remove advertisements and small things like that. 9/10 people don't need to root. The Android platform is way better than anything Apple has ever done. They offer a walled garden which is fine and dandy for the idiots, but for most people you need more than what Apple offers.

In the Android Market you'll find that there aren't as many polished apps like with the Apple App Store, but they're often free or more powerful than the ones Apple provides or authorizes. Apple also prohibits anything that competes with what they offer, so fuck them. They're literally stopping you from having the best apps available because their revenue is more important... fuck them. I want what's best for ME! If I'm paying half a grand for a phone, I want to do whatever the fuck I want with it. And that's why I love Google so much.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 03:41:23 PM »

those guys are either 120 soaking wet, or 220 pounds at 40% body fat.   What could they possibly know?

HAHAHA awesome bro  ;D

Anyway i have an HTC desire, like it a lot. Great video quality and massive screen which helps me out with my business.

I have seen the latest Samsung and Sony's and they are both look very good as well. For what i need i'm not too fussed i think all of those three would be great.

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 04:04:39 PM »
I got the Samsung note. It's a 5.3 inch phone that is basically an enlarged Galaxy S2 with a stylus (which you can never use if you hate them). I've got GH hands so the phone's size is perfectly fine, I can type single handed.

I've been preaching Android to IOS fans for the past 24 months and I've managed to convert some  ;D

I agree with Dustin, Jailbreaking is called that cause IOS is so controlled and limited that changing a theme needs hacking. Google nexus on the other hand is a let down for me for a couple of reasons, two that come to mind are that the camera is lame and it lacks expandable memory.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2011, 05:02:24 PM »
I got the Samsung note. It's a 5.3 inch phone that is basically an enlarged Galaxy S2 with a stylus (which you can never use if you hate them). I've got GH hands so the phone's size is perfectly fine, I can type single handed.

I've been preaching Android to IOS fans for the past 24 months and I've managed to convert some  ;D

I agree with Dustin, Jailbreaking is called that cause IOS is so controlled and limited that changing a theme needs hacking. Google nexus on the other hand is a let down for me for a couple of reasons, two that come to mind are that the camera is lame and it lacks expandable memory.

I converted a buddy of mine, he went with the new Droid Razr and absolutely loves it!  Android is fucking awesome!

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 07:45:31 AM »
I converted a buddy of mine, he went with the new Droid Razr and absolutely loves it!  Android is fucking awesome!

:D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 02:58:12 PM »

That's true, which is why the Android Marketplace has all of the root kits in it and shit... Trojans on the marketplace that people download thinking they are safe when they are not.

That hasn't happened to Apple yet and they are by far, the largest cell phone market.

As some of my guys in our mobile division say... The Android Marketplace is like the wild wild west. Anything goes.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 03:48:46 PM »

Droid = malware deposit

;)
Gracie Rules