Author Topic: How did you hear about getbig??  (Read 5789 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: How did you hear about getbig??
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 03:12:15 PM »
In 2002 or so, Misc.fitness.weights was dying, someone mentioned Nichols's Muscle Mayhem, I lurked there for like 2 weeks. During that time, Tom Prince had a flame war with someone from this board, I wandered over to see the Getbig side of the story, and decided to stay. This is the best of the big boards in terms of fairness, etc.....

Swlabr

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 03:13:36 PM »
Because outside of drugs, he's not an authority but people treat him as such. But our squabble was minor. Most of us fight with each other every so often.  It's just with him, I have to bring my A game cause he's good.  Others I can say something minor about them and they act like I rape their mother and melt.  After a while you'll notice you not only have tough skin on boards but even tougher skin when someone says something about you in real life. It certainly has worked for me.  

But all in all I love Mr. 15 God of Hormones, He open my eyes and saved me alot of money and disappointment.

That's why I'm nice to you now, I know you're an institution here at Getbig, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I chased you off of this site.

:-*

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 03:16:58 PM »
That's why I'm nice to you now, I know you're an institution here at Getbig, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I chased you off of this site.

LOL...Many have fallen before you..Not in your wildest dreams....My verbal assault would render you speechless and sleepless, you fuck with Wiggs, you speak less and sleep less. :-*

JZMB

• Getbig II
  • Team NaSSer EL soBaNtý FëLla
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 03:18:27 PM »
some translated material of gh15 talking about pros cycling =)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »

LOL ;D

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 03:22:24 PM »
Dennis James,,,showed me and told me a long time ago,,,darrem charles was there as a bystander,,,, :D

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 03:25:03 PM »
I remember clearly, it was a warm sunny day in the late after noon with birds chirping and children playing

I signed in to ergolog and read

"400lbs bodybuilder found dead at 32"

sources led to "getbig american bodybuilding"

the rest is history

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2011, 03:25:27 PM »
I was reading flex/md or something back in 2003/2004 and I believe it was a Tamali interview where they asked him about his internet critics. He started talking shit about the guys over here on getbig. lol

Yeah magazines are shit but at least something good came of it...or maybe not.... :-\

How did you hear about this place??

thats how I first heard about it too...Kamali was in a wild rant about how the people on the internet were lying about him and about how he was going to sue them for slander and defamation.....I had never heard of Getbig at that time and didn't know what he was talking about..

then one day in 2006 I was looking for ways to build more muscle in the gym and I typed into the search engine "get big" and this site came up.....I joined the forum looking for bodybuilding info and over 5000 posts later, the rest of history....

Xerxes

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2011, 03:32:04 PM »
Nostalgia about finding getbig, hahahaha  :D

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 03:34:52 PM »
I first heard getbig when I read Nasser El Sonbaty's infamous interviews on bodybuilding.com, in 2009.

He first mentions getbig before he unleashed a brutal torrent of accusations (proven and not) an insinuations regarding Milos Sarcev. Apparently Milos wrote something on getbig that irked Nasser.

He mentions getbig again and specifically poster England-1, who I believe has stopped posting, and specifically his adoration of Dorian Yates.

Finally, he mentions getbig a third time when talking about all the losers here who look like shit, can't train for a month straight and especially some delusional guy who thought he could become the first natural IFBB pro. Also, how Ron used to merge threads from the legendary "Team NasseR" and even delete others.

Stavios

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 03:45:08 PM »
I created this place and sold it to Ron in the 90's

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 03:55:05 PM »
I created this place and sold it to Ron in the 90's

How does Ron make money off this place anyway???

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2011, 03:56:20 PM »

the g4p whores have to pay a weekly fee to use this forum for advertisement and communication services

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 04:29:09 PM »
When I was a coworker of the True Adonis, I noticed him online and he was laughing (instead of working  >:(  )  I asked him what website he was on, and that night I logged on.
~

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2011, 04:36:28 PM »

i'm actually glad that there is no advertisements and crap littering the whole page and making me look like a steroid junkie criminal if i get caught browsing this board

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2011, 06:12:40 PM »
thats how I first heard about it too...Kamali was in a wild rant about how the people on the internet were lying about him and about how he was going to sue them for slander and defamation.....I had never heard of Getbig at that time and didn't know what he was talking about..

then one day in 2006 I was looking for ways to build more muscle in the gym and I typed into the search engine "get big" and this site came up.....I joined the forum looking for bodybuilding info and over 5000 posts later, the rest of history....

haha

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2011, 12:15:00 AM »
Got a VIP invitation in the mail  :-*
Team Schering Oss NL

AlphaM

• Getbig III
  • 6'6 262
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2011, 12:35:02 AM »
was doing research about hghona and joining different boards... including pm, outlaw... basically outlaw was the breaking point... after that discovered pm and then somehow gh15 came up  :D thought first this fella is nuts... some Chinese crazy man talking about hgh with this accent but then after couple more weeks on pm I was dragged here again.........
g2g

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2011, 12:47:17 AM »
Bathroom stall in a New Jersey airport - I took too wide of a stance and Derek Anthony threw out the rub and a tug offer from the next stall...the code word for accepting the "offer" was GetBig.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2011, 12:51:47 AM »
My grandfather was a famous getbigger in the 1930's. He told me this on his death bed, some 20 yrs ago...

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2011, 12:57:47 AM »
couple years back someone - possibly it was Swede - kept accusing palumbo of copy pasting thread topics straight from someplace called 'getbig' onto the dead rxmuscle forum. checked it out, one of the funniest forums ever.

lol,, swede is good getbiger

gh15 approved
fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2011, 01:01:04 AM »
Because outside of drugs, he's not an authority but people treat him as such. But our squabble was minor. Most of us fight with each other every so often.  It's just with him, I have to bring my A game cause he's good.  Others I can say something minor about them and they act like I rape their mother and melt.  After a while you'll notice you not only have tough skin on boards but even tougher skin when someone says something about you in real life. It certainly has worked for me cause you fuckers here pretty much leave no stone unturned.  Heartless, evil, dark motherfuckers.....and I love it. ;D

But all in all I love Mr. 15 God of Hormones, He open my eyes and saved me alot of money and disappointment.

antother good getbiger,, very intresting charcter,, soem fellas when leave getbig make a big impact,, i was just thinking abotu onlyme few days ago and i kind of mised him ,, soem fellas just have it ,, eventhough i fought with him about many things i just miss his personality,, same for wiggs good fella major part of thunderdome

gh15 approved
fallen angel

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2011, 01:18:15 AM »
I found out about getbig from an ex boyfriend.  This place has become my home board now. 

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2011, 01:45:48 AM »
I found out about getbig from an ex boyfriend.  This place has become my home board now. 
I like sharing my bed with you  :P  :-* :D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 02:56:19 AM »
Your mom whispered it in my ear.