Author Topic: the workout that has always made me the biggest ,strongest  (Read 2305 times)

chess315

the workout that has always made me the biggest ,strongest
« on: December 03, 2011, 02:39:33 PM »
chess315 ultimate ego training :)

The most mass and strength i have ever gained came from fullbody workouts. The mass dont tend to be the most good looking. Here is the workout

bench 1-3 sets
reverse grip lat pull downs 1-3 sets
squats 1-3 sets

I choose how many sets on the day if I blast and kill it on 1 set I'm done if I'm not happy keep going. I change the back movement the most for bentrows,dead, also sometimes sub squats for leggpress, my favorite bench sub was always close grip bench. The revers grip lat pull down is imo a very underestimated compound movement. I got that from a mentzer book even though menzer is nuts I like that movemnt. I dont train this way anymore Idk why.   This is very good if you like ego training because ever movement is a heavy kick ass compound. Nothing feels better then repping out 315-350 then going and doing some 300lb rows and heavy squats.
I named it :)

chess315

Re: the workout that has always made me the biggest ,strongest
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 02:41:56 PM »
Its my take on bill starrs and madcow 5x5 but it follows no real template just pick 3-4 movements and kill them with as heavy of weight as possible. It is more changed by me to be a tiny bit better for hypertrophy. some times bench or row 225 for 15-30 reps sometimes hit 350 for a couple just on the day plot what is the most impressive feat you can accomplish.

Loc

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 03:11:39 PM »
You forgot to post your aas cycle as well...

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 06:29:57 AM »
No deadlifts? I'd take out the reverse pulldowns and put in barbell rows and deadlifts and thats a decent routine. I read mentzers books aswell. Very interesting but sadly I think that training with machines is not as effective as free weight exercises. Thats just how it is, specially for a natural.

chess315

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
You forgot to post your aas cycle as well...
1gram of test nothing else :) Not the best but causes no mental or sex sides for me so I tend to like that. That may not be the best for asthetics but does give you a good look as far as the general public goes.

chess315

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 08:52:12 PM »
No deadlifts? I'd take out the reverse pulldowns and put in barbell rows and deadlifts and thats a decent routine. I read mentzers books aswell. Very interesting but sadly I think that training with machines is not as effective as free weight exercises. Thats just how it is, specially for a natural.
No I am very fond of the deadlift is just is hard to fit as its a leg and back movement but dont really work either completley so I tend to try to fit in once a week. I actually love rows to the back is the hardest muscle group to work with one movment imo. I love bent rows also and chins kind do one a lot for 6 weeks or so then change a little.  I by no means think the reverse grip pulldown is better then deads or rows for sheer back mass but it works your upper chest,bis and abs good also which is good when using limited movements. I used chins and rows a lot but have a fondness for the above version.