Author Topic: NC - LSU vs...  (Read 4652 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: NC - LSU vs...
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2011, 12:51:52 PM »
It was meant to be ridiculous, sarcasm anyone. I did bring up playoffs as a way of not letting this happen again and because this system always has someone not happy with the outcome. The BCS rules only are for the #1 and #2 team, the conference does not matter. Hell, OSU had the best record in the Big 12, but they had no Big 12 Championship game this year, so what about that?

When your conference record (and overall) is so much better than everyone else in the conference, then it makes sense that you have won that conference.

LSU specifically beat Alabama... and since Alabama does not make it to the conference Game... they should not be in the BCS title game.

If the SEC didn't have a title game, Alabama wouldn't have to worry about winning that conference anyway, because they had already lost to LSU.

Ergo, the same rule will apply with them not getting the BCS game.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2011, 12:59:37 PM »
When your conference record (and overall) is so much better than everyone else in the conference, then it makes sense that you have won that conference.

LSU specifically beat Alabama... and since Alabama does not make it to the conference Game... they should not be in the BCS title game.

If the SEC didn't have a title game, Alabama wouldn't have to worry about winning that conference anyway, because they had already lost to LSU.

He can't be wrong, so you'll be going back and forth all day.  Another Bullshit call by the pollsters.  It's not clear if OSU or Bama is #2, but Bama already lost to LSU.  OSU's turn.  Bad for LSU because they have to do one of the impossibles to beat a team twice in the same season who got a Damn good look at them vs a clean slate LSU vs OSU.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »

[/quote

I'll ask you the same question I asked the other poster.

Worse loss, OSU to Iowa Stae or Bama to LSU? To me, this is the be all end all of determining who plays LSU.
The other guy hasnt answered and I know why

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2011, 01:06:43 PM »

[/quote

I'll ask you the same question I asked the other poster.

Worse loss, OSU to Iowa Stae or Bama to LSU? To me, this is the be all end all of determining who plays LSU.
The other guy hasnt answered and I know why

I don't see what "worse loss" has to do with it.

You might disagree (obviously you do) but football doesn't work that way... Any given day man.

We've all seen worse teams beat the better team... That's what Football is all about.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2011, 01:09:57 PM »
He can't be wrong, so you'll be going back and forth all day.  Another Bullshit call by the pollsters.  It's not clear if OSU or Bama is #2, but Bama already lost to LSU.  OSU's turn.  Bad for LSU because they have to do one of the impossibles to beat a team twice in the same season who got a Damn good look at them vs a clean slate LSU vs OSU.

You never answered the question

Worse loss, OSU to Iowa State or Bama to LSU?

You just keep coming up with nonsensicle arguments. What are you goin to say next? LSU cant win because Les Miles cant eat the artificial turf in the Superdome like he does grass fields?

Before the BCS we would have a split championship every other year it seemed like. You would rarely have an "undisputed" NC as they used to call it. The BCS for all its flaws has been pretty good since its inception.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2011, 02:05:07 PM »

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »
LISTEN TO THIS.

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/shows/tim-brando/dan-wetzel-death-to-the-bcs-12394/

He wrote that book in Oct 2010, and now is rereleasing it, perfect timing!! No agenda there ::)
http://www.amazon.com/Death-BCS-Definitive-Against-Championship/dp/1592405703

Worse loss, OSU to Iowa State or Bama to LSU?