Author Topic: Angels World Series Bound!!  (Read 4717 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Angels World Series Bound!!
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 10:01:52 AM »
He's only 31 but still, yes no way you give a guy a 10 year deal at that age...Look at A-Rod now...But he wanted a long term deal and you gotta give the best player in baseball what he wants to keep him.
no one knows his real age, even the Cardinals have said hes never produced a birth certificate since he was born in the DR.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 10:02:45 AM »
He's only 31 but still, yes no way you give a guy a 10 year deal at that age...Look at A-Rod now...But he wanted a long term deal and you gotta give the best player in baseball what he wants to keep him.

That extension Arod signed was the worst deal in baseball history.

The Yankees will be kicking themselves in the foot for the next 5 or 6 or however many years left of that deal.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 10:05:55 AM »
Puljols had 15 more home runs, hit 20 more rbi's and struck out almost half as much in the worst statistical year of his career.

They're not even close to the same player.

Puljols has been the best player in baseball for the past 7-8 years. The same cant be said for Holiday.

If your an Angels fan your much more worried about the Wilson signing. Just look at his numbers in the playoffs this year. He's not much more then a #3 starter on a decent team.

I'm glad, because until this deal, I had no clue who he was.  I would have traded him before I put out that much money.  Traditionally, Pitt and Florida have won WSs with cheap rosters.  That just says you don't need to break the bank in baseball to win, just need 9 balanced starters.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 10:06:23 AM »
no one knows his real age, even the Cardinals have said hes never produced a birth certificate since he was born in the DR.

lol what?...One of those guys huh.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 10:07:22 AM »
lol what?...One of those guys huh.
yep, im not saying hes 36 or 37 but probably 33.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 10:09:51 AM »
JACKPOT......Both Albert Poooholes AND CJ Wilson heading to the Angels. This is HUGE this makes day, week and baseball season!!!
good pick up
F

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 10:12:13 AM »
i wish the best for him, we here in town had some great memories with him, if all goes right he should be a 600 home run and possibly 2000 rbi guy which puts him in a class with only Ruth and Aaron if he hits both of those numbers.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2011, 11:27:02 AM »
That extension Arod signed was the worst deal in baseball history.

The Yankees will be kicking themselves in the foot for the next 5 or 6 or however many years left of that deal.

How? Rangers were/are kicking themselves for that deal. The Yankees are the Yankees for a reason.  ;)
D

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 11:44:01 AM »
How? Rangers were/are kicking themselves for that deal. The Yankees are the Yankees for a reason.  ;)

In 2007 he signed a 10 year 275 million dollar contract. That means he's with the Yankees til he's 42.

Since 2007 he's. He hasnt played in more then 138 games in any season and he's played a 96 games this year. His OBPS, home run, rbi totals, and batting average has gone down every year as well.

Now just think about him continuing this trend for another 5 years. Hes making 32 million dollars this year.

Like I said the Yanks will be kicking themselves for years for a 3b with a bum hip who's lost his power.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2011, 12:08:15 PM »
In 2007 he signed a 10 year 275 million dollar contract. That means he's with the Yankees til he's 42.

Since 2007 he's. He hasnt played in more then 138 games in any season and he's played a 96 games this year. His OBPS, home run, rbi totals, and batting average has gone down every year as well.

Now just think about him continuing this trend for another 5 years. Hes making 32 million dollars this year.

Like I said the Yanks will be kicking themselves for years for a 3b with a bum hip who's lost his power.

I understand that, but the Yankees have the money. Year in and year out the Yankees can spend, spend and spend.....I mean, they even gave C.C. more money when he opted out of his $150 million dollar contract. The Yanks and Boston can spend no matter what. I always thought that the A-Rod deal hurt Texas more so than the Yankees.
D