Author Topic: 274 Troops remains dumped in landfill  (Read 1454 times)

newmom

274 Troops remains dumped in landfill
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:11:31 AM »
UN real

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/08/9290603-report-air-force-dumped-remains-of-274-troops-in-landfill

The incinerated partial remains of at least 274 American troops were dumped in a Virginia landfill, according to government records, The Washington Post reported on Thursday.

Air Force officials said that the dumping was hidden from families who had given authorization for the remains to be disposed of in a respectful and dignified manner, according to the newspaper.

There were no plans to inform families, officials told the newspaper.

New information revealed that the practice, exposed by The Washington Post in November, had become very widespread until it was halted in 2008, the newspaper reported.

Last month, Pentagon and Air Force officials said that figuring out how many remains were sent to the King George County, Va., landfill would take combing through the records of more than 6,300 troops.

Full story in the Washington Post: Air Force dumped more ashes than acknowledged

"It would require a massive effort and time to recall records and research individually," Jo Ann Rooney, the Pentagon's acting undersecretary for personnel, said in a Nov. 22 letter to Rep. Rush Holt (Dem.-N.J.), who has pressured the Pentagon for information on the issue on behalf of one of his constituents, according to the newspaper.

Holt reacted angrily to the news, the newspaper reported.

"What the hell?" he told the Post. "We spent millions, tens of millions, to find any trace of soldiers killed, and they're concerned about a 'massive' effort to go back and pull out the files and find out how many soldiers were disrespected this way?"

"They just don't want to ask questions or look very hard," he added, according to the newspaper.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: 274 Troops remains dumped in landfill
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »
Landfill of peace  ::)

PS.
That landfill must be the most democratic landfill in the whole world  ;D
(Hahaha, jokin' jokin'... but too good not to share  ;) )

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 10:32:34 AM »
This shit should shock me, but alarmingly it does not.
Alas, I have become jaded  :'(

That is as fucked up as it gets though "we will just dump you on a landfill site" adds a whole new meaning to "no one gets left behind, dead or alive" - " you died for your country the jewish agenda, but when we go home you are going in the trash".

Fucking sickening  :-X

PT
Growth/noob loves me

newmom

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 11:52:05 AM »
read it at work and actually cried then went outside and kicked a staples box

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:06:46 PM »
read it at work and actually cried then went outside and kicked a staples box

Really  :o
awwwww... How cute  :)

newmom

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 12:10:25 PM »
Really  :o
awwwww... How cute  :)

>:( >:( >:(

I have a heart you know.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:27 PM »
>:( >:( >:(

I have a heart you know.

I know, I know.. Now I feel bad for making fun of this disgusting news  :-[

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 01:51:32 PM »
Semper fidelis - maybe some camouflaged vegetables will grow there?

Shows how disrespectful soldiers are treated that are of no use anymore.

newmom

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 07:48:58 AM »
sickens me

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 07:55:19 AM »
Disgraceful.

newmom

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 07:58:22 AM »
I just can't get past this. I already sent letters to the Atty. General and Senators of this state. I will not be quiet about this. It's like it's falling on deaf ears.

Do people not watch the news. Fucking JEEBUS.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 08:39:30 AM »
Fucking god awful. Makes me wonder who authorized this, weather it was some civilian bean counter or military.
I have a hard time believing anyone in any military branch would accept this and not speak up about it, but you never know....

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 08:50:52 AM »
I just can't get past this. I already sent letters to the Atty. General and Senators of this state. I will not be quiet about this. It's like it's falling on deaf ears.

Do people not watch the news. Fucking JEEBUS.

Are you surprised? Its the way its always been. Poor people go to war and die and nobody gives a shit.

newmom

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 08:53:39 AM »
Are you surprised? Its the way its always been. Poor people go to war and die and nobody gives a shit.

I wouldn't say noone gives a shit. I certainly do. What  I DON"T nor stand for is throwing these poor troops out like they were trash.

I have ALWAYS had the upmost respect for anyone that serves. I come from a family of men that served and made careers from the US navy. I've taught nugget, when she sees anyone in uniform, to say "thank you for serving" but she says "thank you for saving us". I say thank you also, but they appreciate it none the less.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 09:03:59 AM »
I wouldn't say noone gives a shit. I certainly do. What  I DON"T nor stand for is throwing these poor troops out like they were trash.

I have ALWAYS had the upmost respect for anyone that serves. I come from a family of men that served and made careers from the US navy. I've taught nugget, when she sees anyone in uniform, to say "thank you for serving" but she says "thank you for saving us". I say thank you also, but they appreciate it none the less.

I support your respect for our troops 1000%

However our politicians and the people who pull most of the strings does not

Remember them saying the war on terror ieg Iraq and Afghanistan was our times fight for freedom and liberty like WW2 was for that generation?
Imagine having bought that lie having killed Hitler/OBL and all people talk about now is the economy, the topic on display right now
Fox news was all over the place calling people un-patriotic for not supporting the way and now they dont give a shit. Makes you sick!!
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" -Mark Twain

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 09:09:03 AM »
Comparing a small group of unorganized terrorists aginst possibly the single most defining war of modern times is rediculous. The axis forces controlled nearly half of europe, and an entire religious group faced extinction.

Comparing a ruthless, large, well armed and organized regime like the Nazi's and the axis to a bunch of ragheads that like to blow themselves up is stupid, just hyperbole meant to garner support for the war.

Anyone who compared those 2 should be shot.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »
Comparing a small group of unorganized terrorists aginst possibly the single most defining war of modern times is rediculous. The axis forces controlled nearly half of europe, and an entire religious group faced extinction.

Comparing a ruthless, large, well armed and organized regime like the Nazi's and the axis to a bunch of ragheads that like to blow themselves up is stupid, just hyperbole meant to garner support for the war.

Anyone who compared those 2 should be shot.

I agree so go shot Bush, Rumsfeldt every Neocon and the entire crew on FOX news

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 09:16:51 AM »
Sometimes they have remains that are for whatever reason are unable to be determined who they belonged too.  Sometimes they find additional remains long after the initial soldier's body and remains have been shipped stateside.  So it's not exactly like they can (or should) drive up to the relatives house and go "oh yeah.. here's the ear, we missed this one".  Sometimes the parts are from the amputations that are performed on wounded soldiers coming back (still alive of course).

But in light of that or however they came to possess the remains, what they did was disgusting.  It's not just a matter of who gave the order, but the person(s) carrying it out should have been able to go "WTF?"

We have amputations here every day and people coming into the ER with accidents where the severed part can not be reattached.  They are disposed of by incendiary means, but we don't dump that shit in a landfill.  There are tight ass regulations we have to follow.  From cataloging the items with all the patient's information, to actually measuring and weighing the part, to documenting when/what time/which station was used, to a daily weigh down submission of the entire cremation weight for all done during that period.  The actual final disposal is often done by either a county official who picks it up or a contractor that works for the county service.  And even then they still have to take their paperwork to the final site and have it witnessed and signed and then bring it back to us so we can sign off and close it out.

Don't know how this fell through the cracks.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »
I agree so go shot Bush, Rumsfeldt every Neocon and the entire crew on FOX news
::)
Dont forget to shoot all the Democrats too, as they both collude together and both parties are pieces of shit.

newmom

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 09:26:38 AM »
both parties can get bent.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 09:30:28 AM »
::)
Dont forget to shoot all the Democrats too, as they both collude together and both parties are pieces of shit.

No need for the rolling eyes, im right behind you on this one ;)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
No need for the rolling eyes, im right behind you on this one ;)
Ah.
My bad.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »
Ah.
My bad.

Nice to meat a cool person for once. Take care

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 02:48:12 PM »
I support your respect for our troops 1000%

However our politicians and the people who pull most of the strings does not

Remember them saying the war on terror ieg Iraq and Afghanistan was our times fight for freedom and liberty like WW2 was for that generation?
Imagine having bought that lie having killed Hitler/OBL and all people talk about now is the economy, the topic on display right now
Fox news was all over the place calling people un-patriotic for not supporting the way and now they dont give a shit. Makes you sick!!
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" -Mark Twain

Really..show me where Fox News was calling people who didn't support the war unpatriotic....maybe people who didn't support the troops. You have no idea how many stories Fox does on behalf of the US military. Do u think there's a reason we prefer Fox news over any of the other stations.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 03:02:24 PM »
Really..show me where Fox News was calling people who didn't support the war unpatriotic....maybe people who didn't support the troops. You have no idea how many stories Fox does on behalf of the US military. Do u think there's a reason we prefer Fox news over any of the other stations.
actually I remember that happening too.  Guys like Hannity and O'Rielly were regulars in warning people over it.