Author Topic: Ron Avidan wins the "Bodybuilding Media" Award!  (Read 10989 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Ron Avidan wins the "Bodybuilding Media" Award!
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 09:53:42 AM »
Good work and congrats Ron :)

.....FREE ORANGE CHICKEN FOR ALL THE GB POSTERS!!!!!!!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
Congratulations Ron,well deserved!!

newmom

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 10:13:34 AM »
Congrats Ron. Well deserved. I enjoy your pictures.

Since you're in great spirits..Can you let Wooten/Dan D back..Pretty Please. I'll be a more coherent poster regardless of what butterbean says.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 11:14:39 AM »
Nice work Ron.  You are one of the good guys in Bodybuilding.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 11:55:38 AM »
Congrats,fiesta of orange chicken for your whole family on chaos. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 02:30:34 PM »
Wow - I truly am honored.  Getbig was started as a place for information, discussion, and to meet a lot of interesting people who somehow enjoyed bodybuilding, the industry and wanted to know more about things.  At the time, there was no place to get contest information, contest results, magazine information and simple knowledge about bodybuilding and its history.  Tried to start that, with very little advertising, and still keep many parts, including the boards, advertisement free.  

Over the years, I have met a lot of people from the boards, from all over the world, and some of my very good friends too.  Getbig keeps me entertained, happy, sometimes riles me up, but in the end, I still like to come back and work on it, check out the latest happenings and see what is up.

Most important, without various personalities who come here and post,  it wouldnt be Getbig. Without many of you, some new, some very old from years past, there wouldnt be a place to visit.  And it wouldnt have let me take pictures, write articles, and meet some of you who are in the supplement industry or not.  I thank you all. 

I have learned that in order to have balance in life, family, friends, work, play and getbig are all important.  With every negative there are usually a lot more positives.  

Thank you Dan for the award, it is very much appreciated.   As I like to, I stay behind the scenes when I can, but I am also a big fan of bodybuilding (and always bikini and figure).  As it should be.

One the biggest "no brainers" of an award! Ron , you rock and my hearty congrats!

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 04:38:23 PM »
A 'special' award by PBW to Ron!!!

That is the worst kind of endorsement possible. It is akin to the getting the special Fox news  award for fair and balance coverage.
or palumbos' special prize for the best GH in the market

Ron may well love this little kindness but anyone expecting getbig to speak to power can only conclude that Get big is simply a glorified escape valve

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: RON AVIDAN WINS "BODYBUILDING MEDIA" AWARD!
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »
Well done Ron, getbig was the first forum that I ever posted on around 1997. You have come a long way brother.  Much respect!

There was no forum on Getbig in 1997...... ::)  He didn't get one until 1999 and it was an antiquated one at that.
A

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 09:49:52 PM »
Congrats Ron. Well deserved. I enjoy your pictures.

Since you're in great spirits..Can you let Wooten/Dan D back..Pretty Please. I'll be a more coherent poster regardless of what butterbean says.

THIS ^^^^
You can even ask him to behave  ;)

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 02:36:36 AM »

There was no forum on Getbig in 1997...... ::)  He didn't get one until 1999 and it was an antiquated one at that.

Ron had a board on Americanbodybuilding around that time. He can confirm what year it was. Maybe 97, 98, 99. I remember it was when I had a health food shop around the corner from the gym which was 96-99. Thanks for your input genius.

naturalbodybuilder

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 03:32:12 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE AWARD GH15

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 03:33:58 AM »
Wow - I truly am honored.  Getbig was started as a place for information, discussion, and to meet a lot of interesting people who somehow enjoyed bodybuilding, the industry and wanted to know more about things.  At the time, there was no place to get contest information, contest results, magazine information and simple knowledge about bodybuilding and its history.  Tried to start that, with very little advertising, and still keep many parts, including the boards, advertisement free.  

Over the years, I have met a lot of people from the boards, from all over the world, and some of my very good friends too.  Getbig keeps me entertained, happy, sometimes riles me up, but in the end, I still like to come back and work on it, check out the latest happenings and see what is up.

Most important, without various personalities who come here and post,  it wouldnt be Getbig. Without many of you, some new, some very old from years past, there wouldnt be a place to visit.  And it wouldnt have let me take pictures, write articles, and meet some of you who are in the supplement industry or not.  I thank you all. 

I have learned that in order to have balance in life, family, friends, work, play and getbig are all important.  With every negative there are usually a lot more positives.  

Thank you Dan for the award, it is very much appreciated.   As I like to, I stay behind the scenes when I can, but I am also a big fan of bodybuilding (and always bikini and figure).  As it should be.

Well done babe  :-*

newmom

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 03:36:29 AM »
THIS ^^^^
You can even ask him to behave  ;)

PT

lol after he'd call me a leathery old slag ;D. I'd have a better chance of going to goa with you and your pals (albeit, would love to) besides, him behaving wouldn't be much fun would it?

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 05:08:27 AM »
Well done babe  :-*

Now you mention it 'Woten' with a muzzle/harness on would be shit  :-[

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 05:08:50 AM »
Ron had a board on Americanbodybuilding around that time. He can confirm what year it was. Maybe 97, 98, 99. I remember it was when I had a health food shop around the corner from the gym which was 96-99. Thanks for your input genius.

Don't smart off with me because you got caught in a lie.  He had a website but there was no discussion board in 1997.  It would have been easier just to leave out the excess gratitude
A

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 12:29:11 PM »
Ron is the best schmoe ever. ;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 02:27:16 PM »

Don't smart off with me because you got caught in a lie.  He had a website but there was no discussion board in 1997.  It would have been easier just to leave out the excess gratitude

Actually, I did have a discussion board - but it was more for VIP and special guests, not a public board at the time.  Checking out the past on the 'Wayback Machine' wont show it to you.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 04:01:25 PM »
Actually, I did have a discussion board - but it was more for VIP and special guests, not a public board at the time.  Checking out the past on the 'Wayback Machine' wont show it to you.

Interesting,  I was using your chat room in 97, Ron, because that was the only thing available as far as live chat was concerned other than the slow ass newsgroups and Spellwins POS Elite Fitness site,  however but I wasn't aware that there was a discussion board for VIP and special guest but I never knew you had a secret discussion board so I guess I was wrong.   

But I am curious as to why you had a secret VIP board for???  Was it for American Bodybuilding employees or something or for vendors??? 
A

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 05:59:21 PM »

Most important, without various personalities who come here and post,  it wouldnt be Getbig. Without many of you, some new, some very old from years past, there wouldnt be a place to visit.  And it wouldnt have let me take pictures, write articles, and meet some of you who are in the supplement industry or not.  I thank you all.

SO FUNNY that you mention the fact that at the time Getbig was started, it was the only place to get up to date contest info. I found getbig hunting around the internet trying to find out if Ronnie had won the 98 Olympia. I remember the morning results were posted, pacing around the office waiting for my computer to boot up and when I saw he had one I lamely brofisted the entire office. That is definitely a morning I will never forget!!!

Also yes I believe it was americanbodybuilding.com at the time, and not getbig, though I could be wrong.

Much thanks for what you do here Ron, it is appreciated by MANY. Sometimes the voices of the few drown us out, but largely we are all very appreciative.

Mike

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 07:14:41 PM »

Interesting,  I was using your chat room in 97, Ron, because that was the only thing available as far as live chat was concerned other than the slow ass newsgroups and Spellwins POS Elite Fitness site,  however but I wasn't aware that there was a discussion board for VIP and special guest but I never knew you had a secret discussion board so I guess I was wrong.   

But I am curious as to why you had a secret VIP board for???  Was it for American Bodybuilding employees or something or for vendors??? 

So you should apologize for saying I got caught lying. Or is this your pathetic apology above.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 07:14:55 PM »
Congrats to Ron, well deserved indeed.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2011, 07:16:46 PM »
So is Isaac Hinds gay or not?   ???

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2011, 08:35:46 PM »
So you should apologize for saying I got caught lying. Or is this your pathetic apology above.

No, because it was not a public board.  Ron's locked basement under his house doesn't count as a discussion board....especially the one that people have come to love....and fear.... ::)  So suck it up princess.

Like I'm going to apologize to you. ..... ::)
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2011, 08:43:09 PM »
disrespct spelwins ,, you fuckatard,, he gave you one of the first oportunity to hormone you got and did nothing for you lol ,, how can ou disrespect icons of the cult ,, i dont get it ,, they did so much for the cult,,risk their fredom in many ways more than you know for your sory ass to have a fitness and bodybuild boarding and you sit here and cal it pieac eof shit lol ,, i dont know what to say anymore,,back in the 90s all of you were running like little mice to his site and when you found you r little thai anabols you were so hapy like you found jeuss of nazareth himself,, you can nto disrespect fella who responsible for the size you hav eon you ,, well not in your case lol ,, but in general you can not disrespect fellas who gave you what you wanted the most and it is CONDITIONED SIZE!,,

those fellas you talk about bad ....they are responsible to your  fucks on saturday nights,, and they repsonsible to your hook ups on internet plenty fish ,, and they are responsible to you being able to walk in gymasium and impress the local  hooter whore,, and they are responsible for your competetive win in npc show you entered ....

you cant call his life work POS you ugly fucktard

gh15 approved

Yes, I said fuck George Spellwin and his Elite Fitness board because they were all full of shit selling phoney ass steroid products starting from that heroin addict Jeff Summers to that punk ass Dino Strong to those silly ebooks to the constant advertsing of Steroid.com and etc  And fuck you too you goofy bastard.  Why don't you spend more time cracking open a spelling book than challenging me to a dictionary duel.  

George Spellwin and all those hood rats can eat a peanut butter and booger sandwich.
A