Author Topic: NBC/WSJ: Gingrich At 40% With GOP, But Would Be Crushed By Obama  (Read 2385 times)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Re: NBC/WSJ: Gingrich At 40% With GOP, But Would Be Crushed By Obama
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 07:47:43 PM »

Obama has gotten rid of Bin Laden and Ghadaffi, passed Obamacare, eliminated numerous terrorist leaders, ended Don't Ask Don't Tell, closed out the war in Iraq, etc......

I don't think that's failure dipshit. 

Bin Laden = Thank our civilian and military intelligence, not Obama

Other terrorists = See above.

Ghadaffi = The US didn't kill him; Libyans did.

Obamacare = Epic failure.

Pulling out of Iraq = Bush's doing (no really, it was already in the cards)

Ending DADT = At least he did one thing right.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
Obama has one accomplishment during his first term-- killing a terrorist that would have remained free but for Bush era interrogation policies.

So his only accomplishment is contradicting everything he campaigned on while riding the co tails of a man he has blamed for everything from the failure of the chevy volt to Michelle Obama having more back hair than bigfoot.

If Newt gets the nomination, he can beat Obama.

Trust me-- Newt will go on the attack unlike the rest of the GOPanzies who from 2008 until now still dont even have the balls to call Osama out on his personal relationships and associations with radicals, racists and terrorists, his lack of experience and outright stupidity on every single meaningful issue that is important to the American people.

Newt will pull no punches with respect to Obama's lies ( transparency, bipartisanship, civility+ hope and change) , his corruption ( Solyndra, big labor, Osamacare), his obvious and overwhelming failures ( the stimulus package among dozens of other things) and his unbelievably incompetent and radical appointments: Van Jones, Holder, Napolitano--etc.

Newt is smarter than Obama ( by a longshot), more articulate, more experienced and is going to make Obama look like the chump amateur stooge he is if they ever have a live debate. Trust me, Newt's personal flaws aside, Obama makes him look like Albert Einstein, Moses , Thomas Jefferson and Milton Friedman all rolled into one. Most importantly, Newt doesn't give a fuck. he's running his own campaign, he shoots from the hip, he says what he feels and he has nothing to lose. Someone like that is exactly what the GOP needs. Not another fucking "moderate" douchebag robot betting other candidates 10,000$ during a televised debate. Romney is so spineless he makes jellyfish cringe. More importantly, he is like kryptonite to the average GOP voter.

I would still like RP to win the nomination-- partially because of the same reasons that I feel Newt could win.-- Also because he would fundamentally transform America within 1 week of taking office.

However, if Newt gets it-- I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing.

To be honest, I am starting to feel like Romney has blown it.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 09:33:15 PM »
Bin Laden = Thank our civilian and military intelligence, not Obama

Other terrorists = See above.

Ghadaffi = The US didn't kill him; Libyans did.

Obamacare = Epic failure.

Pulling out of Iraq = Bush's doing (no really, it was already in the cards)

Ending DADT = At least he did one thing right.

Can't get all the blames on his watch without getting the successes on his watch....sorry number boy but Obama has been effective where Bush hasn't been
A

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 09:45:58 PM »

Can't get all the blames on his watch without getting the successes on his watch....sorry number boy but Obama has been effective where Bush hasn't been

Really? Don't get me wrong, I'm no supporter of Bush, but what EXACTLY did Obama do differently that Bush or McCain would not have done? Let's see - would Bush/McCain have taken Bin Laden out? Yes. Would they have taken other terrorists out? Yes. Would they have taken Ghadaffi out? Yes. Would they have passed Obamacare? No, and thank God for that. Would they have pulled out of Iraq? Maybe McCain wouldn't have, but Bush had already promised the Iraqi government to leave by 2011. Ended DADT? Probably not, but that is a MINOR success in comparison to the HUGE mistakes elsewhere.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 05:07:17 AM »
Would they have pulled out of Iraq? Maybe McCain wouldn't have, but Bush had already promised the Iraqi government to leave by 2011.

You break the SOFA, and methinks the violence and pushback from the iraqi govt would have been insane.

they tolerated us for 9 years.  If we had 'changed our mind', the world would have been all over our shit.

Plus we keep 16,000 people there.  It's our biggest 'embassy' in the world now... essentially a base with that many people and their protectors.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 06:04:57 AM »
And what would have the return been without Obama?
last two years under Bush they were in the negative numbers.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 06:08:18 AM »
Here's the thing - when Obama left IN PLACE the loose oil regulation that allowed the Gulf Oil Spill - he DESERVED the blame for it - because he had 2 years to change shitty policy, and did not.

Obama had 2 years to change/keep Bush policy on killing bad guys.  He kept it.  So it became his own.  IF IF IF the raid went bad and we ended up losing 50 SEALS and OBL was at the corner market laughing the whole time... None of you repus would have said "It's not obama's fault - that's just bush policy in action".

No, you would have said "Are you kidding me?  Obama's been in office for 3 years - that shit is on HIM.  Success or fail - it's obama's call if that policy is in place, so it's OBAMA'S policy now.

can't separate blame and credit, and if 50 dead seals had been paraded on al-jazeera, none of yall would hav been blaming BUSH policy ;)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 06:15:29 AM »
Here's the thing - when Obama left IN PLACE the loose oil regulation that allowed the Gulf Oil Spill - he DESERVED the blame for it - because he had 2 years to change shitty policy, and did not.

Obama had 2 years to change/keep Bush policy on killing bad guys.  He kept it.  So it became his own.  IF IF IF the raid went bad and we ended up losing 50 SEALS and OBL was at the corner market laughing the whole time... None of you repus would have said "It's not obama's fault - that's just bush policy in action".

No, you would have said "Are you kidding me?  Obama's been in office for 3 years - that shit is on HIM.  Success or fail - it's obama's call if that policy is in place, so it's OBAMA'S policy now.

can't separate blame and credit, and if 50 dead seals had been paraded on al-jazeera, none of yall would hav been blaming BUSH policy ;)

Because it wouldn't have been the "policy" that got them killed, it would have been some kind of mistake.  But, rather than create hypothetical scenarios, the facts are that the terrorists killed are the results of 10-12 years of intelligence gathering and all admins should get credit.

But, if you ask someone like Vince to list Obama's accomplishments, 3 of the 5 will entail the above, which is not something he campaigned on, and certainly don't have the magnitude of impact that his failures do.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2011, 06:18:29 AM »
IMO, the policy would certainly have been what got them killed.  One roaming military vehicle we didn't notice - with RPGs - and we lose all those Seals and it's an international incident - all obama's fault.

But when it goes right - it's all Bush's credit for having that policy from years earlier.

Tell me this - if it's bush policy that gets all the credit - why did they even need obama's green light to do the mission?

Cause it's his baby now.  It's obama policy now.  His call to keep it in place, so his credit/blame.  I'm all for blaming obama for gulf oil spill from bush decisions on the equipment safety requirements, becaus barry had time to play golf, it means he had time to fix requirements and did not.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2011, 06:50:30 AM »
IMO, the policy would certainly have been what got them killed.  One roaming military vehicle we didn't notice - with RPGs - and we lose all those Seals and it's an international incident - all obama's fault.

But when it goes right - it's all Bush's credit for having that policy from years earlier.

Tell me this - if it's bush policy that gets all the credit - why did they even need obama's green light to do the mission?

Cause it's his baby now.  It's obama policy now.  His call to keep it in place, so his credit/blame.  I'm all for blaming obama for gulf oil spill from bush decisions on the equipment safety requirements, becaus barry had time to play golf, it means he had time to fix requirements and did not.

You can't be serious with the bolded part above.

And, as stated, I didn't say Bush's policy got all the credit.  I said they all get credit.
Y

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2011, 06:57:33 AM »

Because Obama is the commander and chief you fucking moron.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 07:07:18 AM »
Grape Ape understands it:

Because it wouldn't have been the "policy" that got them killed, it would have been some kind of mistake.  But, rather than create hypothetical scenarios, the facts are that the terrorists killed are the results of 10-12 years of intelligence gathering and all admins should get credit.

But, if you ask someone like Vince to list Obama's accomplishments, 3 of the 5 will entail the above, which is not something he campaigned on, and certainly don't have the magnitude of impact that his failures do.