Author Topic: Thought this was interesting... Did Lee Haney ever do steroids?  (Read 42732 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Thought this was interesting... Did Lee Haney ever do steroids?
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »
I googled Lee Haney and Steroid Cycles to see what I'd come up with and there was a link to a question Did Lee Haney ever do steroids? I wanted to know how it was answered and I gotta say I was pretty surprised.  This could be bullshit but it doesn't sound like it is....

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Lee_haney_ever_do_steroids

im afraid he did.....whoever he told me that something died inside him the day he realised they had to be used(i add not abused) more often once he turned pro in 82. inside info time as.... this comes from the great wag bennett who train and sponsored me in early 90;s while i ran his gym,

lee haney used upto 1000mg of equpoise every 10 days, looking at his 4ib a year increase in muscle you can believe it.

that was they mainstay of his cycle.

he has no health issues and realise to compete with dorian he had to in his word "be prepared to enter into chemical warefare so he bowed out before the ten he wanted... great champion ...great bodybuilder but an even greater man.

where are they all today????????????????????????

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Lee_haney_ever_do_steroids#ixzz1gY73TCir

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Thought this was interesting...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 02:06:55 PM »
 ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 02:07:43 PM »
I'm guessing he heard what Dorian was taking and said fuck that, I'm out! ;D

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 02:08:58 PM »
I think this is 100% the case..... 8)     :-X

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 02:10:33 PM »
Unlike the rest of the pack who tried to match Yates in size and ended up ruining their physiques. :(

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 02:12:52 PM »
Didn't know he wanted 10 Mr. Os.  That would have been fucking SICK!  Even Haney said the plastic trophy isn't worth it anymore...(I know the Sandow isn't made of plastic.

I would love to know what he was told about what Yates was taking...I'm guessing it was the slin is one thing...Cause for a long time bodybuilders were scared as shit of slin but the results speak for themself.....for awhile ;D

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 02:16:25 PM »
Haney saw in Yates his worst nightmare.....a guy his size who was willing to push everything to the limit...Haney did the smart thing.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 02:20:22 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »
Didn't know he wanted 10 Mr. Os.  That would have been fucking SICK!  Even Haney said the plastic trophy isn't worth it anymore...(I know the Sandow isn't made of plastic.

I would love to know what he was told about what Yates was taking...I'm guessing it was the slin is one thing...Cause for a long time bodybuilders were scared as shit of slin but the results speak for themself.....for awhile ;D

Haney said in the post Olympia win speech in 1991 that he finally learned how to peak and he was just learning to know his body and that he would be back next year to for another Sandow , he obviously rethought that retired and went out on-top

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
Haney saw in Yates his worst nightmare.....a guy his size who was willing to push everything to the limit...Haney did the smart thing.

I think Haney would have gotten him in 92 and in 93 we may have had the best Mr. Olympia ever cause Dorian in 93 is legendary. Had Haney really drugged it up I think today there would be ZERO doubt who the greatest Mr. O is. Would have been a helluva show...Remember Haney said he just learned how to peak in 91...I think by 93 we would have seen a 260lb stage ready Haney with Yates like hardness but with a little loss of aesthetics...It would have been jaw dropping.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 02:25:17 PM »
Oh please like Haney wasn't doing everything the others weren't. He was the biggest of the lot for years, doing less than them? LOL

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 02:26:19 PM »
smallest arms of any 240 pound plus IFBB pro ever.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 02:26:29 PM »
Oh please like Haney wasn't doing everything the others weren't. He was the biggest of the lot for years, doing less than them? LOL

Yes but Dorian clearly too drug usage to another level that is the point Mr. Grim.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 02:27:58 PM »
Yes but Dorian clearly too drug usage to another level that is the point Mr. Grim.

How do we know? It's all speculation. Haney was bigger than Yates in 1991, would have been in 1992. Is that all due to drug use?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 02:28:36 PM »

How can you tell the real size of any pros arms from the last 12 years?
When flexed his arms were fine but yes he's no Coleman in the arm department.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 02:29:52 PM »
How can you tell the real size of any pros arms from the last 12 years?
When flexed his arms were fine but yes he's no Coleman in the arm department.
whos to say the 80's and 90's guys werent putting anything in them? truth is he had very mediocre arms and legs for a Mr. Olympia or even top 10 Olympia guy.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 02:31:57 PM »
whos to say the 80's and 90's guys werent putting anything in them? truth is he had very mediocre arms and legs for a Mr. Olympia or even top 10 Olympia guy.

The guys in the 80's and early 90's grossly overtrained. This halted there potential. Roids don't just change everything and make you recover the same if you are overtraining.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 02:33:11 PM »
How do we know? It's all speculation. Haney was bigger than Yates in 1991, would have been in 1992. Is that all due to drug use?

No it's pretty much fact...1993 was due to upping the dosage black socks photos in offseasn at 275 and hard as nails...no that has nothing to do with upping the dosage or adding something others dont have or know about. In 92 Dorian was low 240s and won his first Mr. O. (242 I believe) and in 93 he was 257 i believe.  Back then putting on 15lbs of stage ready muscle in one year at the Olympia level was unfathomable...So yes, he def upped the dosage.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 02:33:33 PM »

I think Haney would have gotten him in 92 and in 93 we may have had the best Mr. Olympia ever cause Dorian in 93 is legendary. Had Haney really drugged it up I think today there would be ZERO doubt who the greatest Mr. O is. Would have been a helluva show...Remember Haney said he just learned how to peak in 91...I think by 93 we would have seen a 260lb stage ready Haney with Yates like hardness but with a little loss of aesthetics...It would have been jaw dropping.

I agree. If Haney would have been willing to really push it it's insane to think what he could have looked like.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »
dorian ruined his too

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 02:34:30 PM »

Achim Albrecht and he was 260lbs  :-\

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 02:35:06 PM »
No it's pretty much fact...1993 was due to upping the dosage black socks photos in offseasn at 275 and hard as nails...no that has nothing to do with upping the dosage or adding something others dont have or know about. In 92 Dorian was low 240s and won his first Mr. O. (242 I believe) and in 93 he was 257 i believe.  Back then putting on 15lbs of stage ready muscle in one year at the Olympia level was unfathomable...So yes, he def upped the dosage.
putting 15 pounds of STAGE MUSCLE at the Olympia level is unfathomable IN ANY YEAR.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 02:37:27 PM »
No it's pretty much fact...1993 was due to upping the dosage black socks photos in offseasn at 275 and hard as nails...no that has nothing to do with upping the dosage or adding something others dont have or know about. In 92 Dorian was low 240s and won his first Mr. O. (242 I believe) and in 93 he was 257 i believe.  Back then putting on 15lbs of stage ready muscle in one year at the Olympia level was unfathomable...So yes, he def upped the dosage.

but, but, but he said he only used under a gram of test a week and couldn't believe the dosages guys run now! are you saying he lied about his cycle??

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 02:39:52 PM »

If they were it was just steroids...this was before escilene in Haney's era...Levrone, Flex, both escilene abusers... Please post me a picture or video of him outside of drug free Mr. O of his mediocre arms....I'll be waiting....and there is nothing wrong with his legs or any of the guys legs of that era.

Clearly the bodybuilders of today's legs are much too large and way out of proportion...These guys look like clowns as they waddle to get around to try and do everyday things...Blown out quads caused this...It looks stupid and frog like...People have been brainwashed into thinking these giant legs are awesome.  When you look at Haney's quads when he posed they were in proportioned with the rest of his physique....Watch any video or post any pic of him as Mr. O.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 02:41:24 PM »

He wasn't as ripped in 1993 as 1992. He dieted down further in 1992 to compete with Shawn Ray and Momo as there was no other Mass Monster to compete against. He was 240 in 1991, do you think he only gained 2 pounds that year?

Ronnie was 245 in 2002 and 283 in 2003 was that a 40 pound gain in muscle? No he overdieted.