Author Topic: 2012 Breakout star  (Read 9753 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
2012 Breakout star
« on: December 19, 2011, 04:08:15 PM »
Place your bets now...

I am going with Ziggler.....I think him losing the belt to Ryder will now let him play with the "A Listers"

Who is your breakout star of 2012? (TNA/WWE etc)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: 2012 Breakout star
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:15:22 PM »
Place your bets now...

I am going with Ziggler.....I think him losing the belt to Ryder will now let him play with the "A Listers"

Who is your breakout star of 2012? (TNA/WWE etc)

How about Ryder?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 08:52:50 PM »
I like Ryder, but I don't quite 'get' him yet.  His character is still too cartoony, not enough realism in it yet for me.  So Ziggler would have to be my vote, simply because his work has come on leaps and bounds over the last 12 months, and cos he sells like no-one else!

;D

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 06:53:38 PM »
Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler probably should be the next ones to move to that next level.

I like Ryder but he's missing something IMO.

Also a darkhorse is claudio castagnoli. He's in FCW right now but should be up to the main roster in a few months. He's loaded with potential.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 05:43:37 PM »
Ziggler. The guy will be a huge star. Great seller, getting better and better on the mic, having **** star matches with Punk. I hope Swagger and Barrett finally break out too. Barrett is my favorite guy to watch right now. I love his promos.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 06:19:19 PM »
Buddy Roberts.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 04:38:31 AM »
Why did they back off of DiBiase?
They started to push him, and then we didn't hear anything.

I'm looking forward to seeing Ricky Steamboat Jr. in WWE. I saw him work a match some time in 2009, and he didn't look bad at all; maybe a touch green, but definitely better than average!
I don't know what kind of experience he'd gotten before or after that, but Rick Sr. has sent that kid, literally, all over the world - from training with Harley Race in MS, all the way to Japan! Ricky, himself, has worked with the kid, also.

I expect to eventually see a quite polished worker in R.S. Jr., and I hope we get to see him in WWE at some point. Of course, Ricky Sr. being there is no guarantee, but it should at least help. I just hope they let him develop adequately before throwing him center stage.
I remember poor David Flair; WCW rushed him into angles that he, admittingly, wasn't ready to handle.
It was very humble of the kid to say that, and it's unfortunate that it was not his - or his Dad's - fault; just more dumb moves from WCW brass.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 01:03:53 PM »
Isn't it obvious?

Notice the pop increase is just a couple of weeks.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 02:28:29 PM »
I really like Clay. I'm so glad they went this way with him instead of generic serious heel#372, that no one would remember in a month. Dean Ambrose, I think is going to be a big deal. They have pushed Dibiase was starting to get over with that posse gimmick, but he tore up his wrist pretty bad at a house show last weekend.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 03:08:45 PM »
Supposedy these 2 guys are the future of wrestling

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 06:05:00 AM »
Ok so we are 10 weeks or so into the new year and Ryder and Diabiase are no where to be found....one is on IR ( ;D) and the other is doing dark matches for the most part.

It appears to be Sheamus' 2nd coming but I wouldn't mind the "man without a tan" (tm, patent pending) winning the belt from Bryan then feuding with Mr Ziggles over the strap. It's time to start focussing on new talent and phasing out the Big Show's, Ortons and Mark Henry's of the world....

I know I am going to get blasted about Orton....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »
Ok so we are 10 weeks or so into the new year and Ryder and Diabiase are no where to be found....one is on IR ( ;D) and the other is doing dark matches for the most part.

It appears to be Sheamus' 2nd coming but I wouldn't mind the "man without a tan" (tm, patent pending) winning the belt from Bryan then feuding with Mr Ziggles over the strap. It's time to start focussing on new talent and phasing out the Big Show's, Ortons and Mark Henry's of the world....

I know I am going to get blasted about Orton....

I never got into the Orton character.
Although, perhaps that is a moot point since I'm not really into any of the characters or other aspects of the show for that matter.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 02:01:19 AM »
If we go into our second attitude era and Orton goes renegade? Orton will be the new face of the Federation.

It's possible, but I doubt we'll see another AE, especially with Linda McMahon making a second senate run.
We may be looking at the surviving cast of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood to serve as RAW guest hosts.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 04:48:38 AM »
Listening to interviews with Jake Roberts and Piper, they all say the new breed is cookie cutter, interviews are scripted.

Jake did say Orton would be the only one he would want to wrestle out of todays youngsters...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 12:16:17 PM »
Listening to interviews with Jake Roberts and Piper, they all say the new breed is cookie cutter, interviews are scripted.

agree x 10000000000000

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 08:57:53 AM »
Could it also be that peopletoday are wiser?

There are no more gimmicks like Missing Link, George the Animal Steel, Kamala etc. People are wiser therefore no more vaudeville and more true people/gimmicks...

Gawd I miss the 80's.......

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 08:34:15 PM »
Broadus clay????  dancing????  OMG....I fast forward past his shit EVERY time.  I mean, seriously???

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 10:19:27 AM »
So here we are 4 months in, Ziggler reduced to bare minimum and it appears Cody Rhodes is the man thus far. unk is good but he just doesn't have the star power like Rock Austin or even a Cena. Don't get me wrong he is good but not great.

I don't know if there will ever be someone to blow the roof off like Hogan, Warrior, Rock and Austin...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 02:32:58 PM »
I don't know if there will ever be someone to blow the roof off like Hogan, Warrior, Rock and Austin...

In my opinion, no; there will never be another Hogan, Austin, etc.
Even if someone of that caliber came along, I don't believe it would go over the same in today's society.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 04:11:19 PM »
Another Hulkamania running wild definitely wouldn't work. I cannot see how another 3:16 type character wouldn't work. Cena will definitely go over huge as another Hollywood Hogan type.  

Oh, yeah - you'll have guys who go over big; I just don't think they'll reach the levels of Austin/Hogan, etc.
Each of those guys were special in their respective days. Unfortunately, these days, it's a lot harder to be "special."
That's what I mean when I say that Hulk Hogan - or his equivalent - would never have the same impact today.

Back then, being the best meant much more than it does now.
Today, being the best is kind of like being the Valedictorian of Summer school.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 03:03:42 AM »
Here we are 3/4 into the year and my boy Ziggler is definitely the breakout star....

Ryder who??

Rhodes who??