Author Topic: Ron Paul Says Accused Traitor is a Patriot  (Read 9636 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Ron Paul Says Accused Traitor is a Patriot
« on: December 21, 2011, 08:00:46 AM »
This kid caused alot of harm to US troops operating in Iraq and Afghanistan. There will be no military vote for Paul. Another reason he's an assbag and WILL NEVER GET THE NOMINATION. When your beloved Paul sounds alot like the Leftist dirtbags who hate America its time to relook at your candidate.

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/ron-paul-says-accused-traitor-is-a-patriot/

As homosexual Army soldier Bradley Manning’s treason trial continues at Fort Meade, Maryland, the support he has received from Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has been curiously ignored by the major media, now touting Paul as someone who could win the January 3 Iowa Republican Caucuses. Paul has called Manning, a crossdresser with acknowledged mental problems, a “hero” and “patriot” for stealing government secrets and providing them to WikiLeaks.

Oh, but it gets better.

However, speaking at a campaign rally, Paul said that while Manning may have “technically” broken the law against releasing classified information to WikiLeaks, he did so for the purpose of exposing the “horrible things” being carried out by the U.S. Government.

Referring to Manning’s detention before trial, Paul said, “Should he be locked up and imprisoned?” Manning should be seen as a “political hero” and “true patriot who reveals what’s going on,” Paul said.

The Bradley Manning Support Network published an article saying that Paul believes that Manning is a “whistleblower” and his actions “are essential to the country.”
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ron Paul Says Accused Traitor is a Patriot
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:07:59 AM »
"There will be no military vote for Paul."

how's he doing on military donations?  I thought he did well in 2008.

And some soldiers/veterans DO support the cross-dressing manning.  not sure if they're the minority tho:
http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Supporters-Hail-US-Soldier-Tied-to-Wikileaks-as-Hero-135803613.html

Personally, I think if he broke the law, his ass goes to prison, no matter how noble.  Law's the law, deal with it.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 08:10:07 AM »
No military vote for Ron Paul? Is that why he's received more military donations than all the other Republican candidates combined?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 08:13:03 AM »
"There will be no military vote for Paul."

how's he doing on military donations?  I thought he did well in 2008.

And some soldiers/veterans DO support the cross-dressing manning.  not sure if they're the minority tho:
http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Supporters-Hail-US-Soldier-Tied-to-Wikileaks-as-Hero-135803613.html

Personally, I think if he broke the law, his ass goes to prison, no matter how noble.  Law's the law, deal with it.

Are u fucking serious 240......those people in the article you linked to don't represent the military in any way shape or form. The kid should be hung until dead.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 08:19:51 AM »
No military vote for Ron Paul? Is that why he's received more military donations than all the other Republican candidates combined?

Yeah we love him hahaahahahahaahahahaahah . The Obamabots tried this crap in 2008. 100 individual donors (and not all were "Military", some were DoD Civs and Contractors).  So can we really make broad judgements about the military based on that number? We went over this last election.....when the Obamabots were screaming that the military loved Obama.  Yeah...you saw a sea of McCain stickers and the occasional Obama sticker...on a black DOD civilians car. Further...RP wants to cut the military and DOD. Its already happening with DOD civilians...do u think they're going to support RP? You guy is nuts...you know he's nuts and statements siding with a treasonous piece of shit like Manning only confirm it....yet you want to attack the part about military donantions.....wrong again.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 08:23:13 AM »
Are u fucking serious 240......those people in the article you linked to don't represent the military in any way shape or form. The kid should be hung until dead.

if he broke the law, then by all means punish him.

My point is that while you're wise and experienced in the military, and right about this - your views on ron paul and possibly the cross-dressing blabbermouth might not match the enlisted 21 year old.  They donated to RP a ton in 2008.  They voted for him.  SOME of them love the guy because he wants them to be on US soil and not in the streets of tehran getting shot at.  He appeals to the young, the internet news generation that  doesn't buy into some govt lies.

So I dunno if this statement will hav a huge impact.  Ron Paul could ninja kick the pope, and 99% of his supporters would point out the pope's flaws :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 08:26:49 AM »
People went door to door for him in 2008...the foilks who came to my doodr where hippies and tongue pierced freaks...who then turned around and voted for Barry. 99.999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999999 99999999999999 of 21 year old privates are not donanting to RP...Romney, Obama or Mickey mouse. They're donating to Budweiser, Coors and Miller on Friday night. I want to hear the RP clones actually take on his statement and explain please why he's right.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 08:33:16 AM »
Despite the mainstream media’s intentional disregard of Rep. Ron Paul as a top-tier Republican presidential candidate, widespread evidence of his popularity is apparent. On Saturday, the Texas Congressman won a landslide victory in the California Republican Party straw poll, a feat which continues to be ignored by the media. Likewise, military donation receipts for Republican candidates for the second quarter of this year reveal that Paul has received twice as much money from military members as all other GOP presidential candidates combined.

Digital Journal reports:

Although Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul may be ignored throughout the mainstream media, one report shows that the presidential candidate may have strong support from the country’s military personnel.

Dr. Paul was able to produce $36,739.79 in donations from U.S. military personnel. His closest Republican competitor was Godfather’s Pizza CEO Herman Cain, who raised $6,223.

Overall, 71 percent of military donations for the 2012 presidential race have gone to Ron Paul, while Minnesota Representative Michele Bachmann received five percent, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney eight percent, and Cain 13 percent. All other candidates combined have received three percent of the military donations. 

These figures were all calculated before Texas Governor Rick Perry entered the race; however, observers note that Perry’s presence will likely not shift the figures too much, as the Texas Governor seems to hold much the same defense and foreign policy philosophies as all the other candidates except Paul.

Ron Paul asserts that these numbers indicate that the military supports his stance on the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya, agreeing with him that the United States should adopt a position of non-interventionism.

During an interview with PBS’s “NewsHour,” Paul declared that if he were President, he would remove U.S. forces from Afghanistan as “quickly as the ships could get there.” He elaborated:

It’s insane what we’re doing. And I’ll tell you one thing about this business about the military: We just had a quarterly [campaign finance] report, and they listed all the money that all the candidates got from the military. I got twice as much as all the other candidates put together on the Republican side, and even more than Obama got, which tells me that these troops want to come home as well because they know exactly what I’m talking about.

Some analysts questioned assertions that Paul had in fact received the majority of military donations, prompting Politifact.com to conduct its own research. The website reported:

We turned to the presidential candidates’ latest campaign finance filings compiled by the Federal Election Commission, which breaks out donations by donors’ employers…From April through June, Paul fielded more than $25,000 from individuals who listed their employer as a branch of the military.

Combined, six other Republican presidential candidates listed donations from members of the military totaling about $9,000. Our most-to-least breakdown: Herman Cain, $2,850; Mitt Romney, $2,750; Michele Bachmann, $2,250; Newt Gingrich, $500; and Tim Pawlenty and Rick Santorum, $250 each.

On the Democratic side, Obama’s campaign received more than $16,000 in donations from members of the military.

Politifact.com concluded that it is in fact true that military contributions to Paul are more than double that of the contributions to all other Republican presidential candidates, and that those donations also exceed those received by President Obama.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 08:38:24 AM »
Jesus... I just read that article in the OP and I've never seen anything that's more slanted in my life. Seems like ad hominem attacks and guilt by association has become the standard tactic for critiquing Ron Paul while completely ignoring the substance of what he says - can you guys come up with no better critique?

I'm not sure if I agree with Ron Paul's statement here because I'm not 100% familiar with all the documents that Bradley Manning leaked to Wikileaks - but didn't some of those documents help instigate the Arab Spring?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 08:54:18 AM »
Did Bradley Manning's leaks actually aid the enemy? A different view than that terribly slanted article hh6 posted:

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 09:01:02 AM »
Um...they outed a string of confedential informants and people who were helping against the Taliban. If they helped launch the arab spring then then helped allow Egypt, an American ally, fall into the hands of the islamists...but that doesn't bother you does it, living in happy unicorn land with the other wingnuts. RP is siding with guy that is a traitor...TRAITOR...trai tor. He got people killed. And your guy says its OK.

Yup 240 was right..u RP idiots are nuts and would back him regardless. Oh and can you make your own points without the help of UTUBE. U said you were'nt familure with the info leaks.....so u go to a leftwing website to make your point. Manning was on suicide watch...his side said he wasn't. The Marines were'nt about to allow him to off himself. But hey...the Left and RP, awsome. "One of our troops"...he leaked this shit. He did leak TS level info plus all kinds of sensitive cables. This is bullshit but allow yourself to be folled because you have zero experience with things like this. I was in Iraq when all this shit was leaked and things were very difficult for us for several monstha s we figured out what he had done.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 09:33:22 AM »
This kid caused alot of harm to US troops operating in Iraq and Afghanistan. There will be no military vote for Paul. Another reason he's an assbag and WILL NEVER GET THE NOMINATION. When your beloved Paul sounds alot like the Leftist dirtbags who hate America its time to relook at your candidate.

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/ron-paul-says-accused-traitor-is-a-patriot/

As homosexual Army soldier Bradley Manning’s treason trial continues at Fort Meade, Maryland, the support he has received from Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has been curiously ignored by the major media, now touting Paul as someone who could win the January 3 Iowa Republican Caucuses. Paul has called Manning, a crossdresser with acknowledged mental problems, a “hero” and “patriot” for stealing government secrets and providing them to WikiLeaks.

Oh, but it gets better.

However, speaking at a campaign rally, Paul said that while Manning may have “technically” broken the law against releasing classified information to WikiLeaks, he did so for the purpose of exposing the “horrible things” being carried out by the U.S. Government.

Referring to Manning’s detention before trial, Paul said, “Should he be locked up and imprisoned?” Manning should be seen as a “political hero” and “true patriot who reveals what’s going on,” Paul said.

The Bradley Manning Support Network published an article saying that Paul believes that Manning is a “whistleblower” and his actions “are essential to the country.”

Holy smokes.   :-\  I can't believe he said that.  Very disappointing. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »
Yeah we love him hahaahahahahaahahahaahah . The Obamabots tried this crap in 2008. 100 individual donors (and not all were "Military", some were DoD Civs and Contractors).  So can we really make broad judgements about the military based on that number? We went over this last election.....when the Obamabots were screaming that the military loved Obama.  Yeah...you saw a sea of McCain stickers and the occasional Obama sticker...on a black DOD civilians car. Further...RP wants to cut the military and DOD. Its already happening with DOD civilians...do u think they're going to support RP? You guy is nuts...you know he's nuts and statements siding with a treasonous piece of shit like Manning only confirm it....yet you want to attack the part about military donantions.....wrong again.

Good luck trying to explain this.  We've had this discussion on the board several times.  People will see what they want to see.  There is no way to draw any kind of reliable conclusions about military support based on a handful of donations. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 10:17:51 AM »
Good luck trying to explain this.  We've had this discussion on the board several times.  People will see what they want to see.  There is no way to draw any kind of reliable conclusions about military support based on a handful of donations. 

Which GOP contestant in 2008 got the most military donations?  I thought it was ron paul.

You can call RP right or wrong, but there's no denying the young kids love him.

Of course, he wants to slash the military budget by 50%, so the old school guys who served are going to hate RP regardless.  And he may not get any of that done while in office if congress hates.

But at some point - yall gotta quit discounting him as irrelevant.  He's 1st in Iowa and running 2nd in NHampshire today.   

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 10:20:40 AM »
I do not agree with everything Ron Paul says, and I do not listen to anything his attackers say.  But does anyone here really believe that Ron Paul could possibly be any worse of a president than Obama?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »
Oh and can you make your own points without the help of UTUBE.

Not a fair argument - Your article that started this thread was from a very right-wing source that openly basehes obama all over their home page, and the flavor of the article wasn't exactly balanced lol.  It made good points, as do you, but sometimes youtube can present good info in an easily digestible format.

bottom line - IMO this won't hurt Paul that much.  If you drool for prison time for Manning, you're probably already not in the ron paul camp, ya know?  And if you like Ron Paul, you probably dislike the multiple elective wars enough to overlook manning's treason.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 10:44:08 AM »
Which GOP contestant in 2008 got the most military donations?  I thought it was ron paul.

You can call RP right or wrong, but there's no denying the young kids love him.

Of course, he wants to slash the military budget by 50%, so the old school guys who served are going to hate RP regardless.  And he may not get any of that done while in office if congress hates.

But at some point - yall gotta quit discounting him as irrelevant.  He's 1st in Iowa and running 2nd in NHampshire today.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »
I do not agree with everything Ron Paul says, and I do not listen to anything his attackers say.  But does anyone here really believe that Ron Paul could possibly be any worse of a president than Obama?

Loco I don't think it's possible any of the candidates currently running could be worse than Obama. 

But Paul is never going to be the nominee, for some of the reasons you probably don't listen too.   :D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »
Loco I don't think it's possible any of the candidates currently running could be worse than Obama. 

But Paul is never going to be the nominee, for some of the reasons you probably don't listen too.   :D

Beach Bum, list those reasons and tell me if his chances would be any better if those reasons weren't there? 

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 11:09:53 AM »
Um...they outed a string of confedential informants and people who were helping against the Taliban. If they helped launch the arab spring then then helped allow Egypt, an American ally, fall into the hands of the islamists...but that doesn't bother you does it, living in happy unicorn land with the other wingnuts. RP is siding with guy that is a traitor...TRAITOR...trai tor. He got people killed. And your guy says its OK.

Yup 240 was right..u RP idiots are nuts and would back him regardless. Oh and can you make your own points without the help of UTUBE. U said you were'nt familure with the info leaks.....so u go to a leftwing website to make your point. Manning was on suicide watch...his side said he wasn't. The Marines were'nt about to allow him to off himself. But hey...the Left and RP, awsome. "One of our troops"...he leaked this shit. He did leak TS level info plus all kinds of sensitive cables. This is bullshit but allow yourself to be folled because you have zero experience with things like this. I was in Iraq when all this shit was leaked and things were very difficult for us for several monstha s we figured out what he had done.

So the 70+ percent of people in the military that support Ron Paul are idiot wing nuts?  Sounds to me like its the other way around.
Live free or die

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 11:29:31 AM »
Beach Bum, list those reasons and tell me if his chances would be any better if those reasons weren't there? 

Some substantive, some not, but all involve the realities of presidential elections:

1.  He does not have good presence.  That includes his speaking voice and his delivery.  It is disjointed at times, sounds whiney, and just isn't very good.  This shouldn't matter, but it does.  All you have to do is look at our current president to see how important this is.  That's partly how Obama got elected. 

2.  His foreign policy views are so far outside the mainstream that he will not be able to get broad support from the Republican base, which he needs to get the nomination.  For example, making the blanket statement that we need close all of our foreign military bases and his isolationism ignore the realities of the world we currently live in.  Also, his comments about Bradley Manning that HH posted are pretty disturbing.  I really question whether he could be a competent commander in chief.

3.  Some of his supporters really don't help him.  The fact he was the only candidate in 2008 to be asked a question about 911 Troofers shows that small group of nincompoops can hurt him.  Going on the Alex Jones show didn't help either.  Remember what happened to Van Jones when he got linked to 911 Troofers?  If Ron Paul wins Iowa, that's the kind of stuff that will come up and drive a lot of voters away. 

4.  His support is a mile wide and an inch deep.  His 2008 performance is a prime example.  His actual performance on election day didn't approach his online support.  I posted the numbers here:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=394271.0

5.  I doubt he can win his home state of Texas (see the numbers in the link I referenced).  I don't see how he can win the nomination if he cannot win his home state.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 11:32:09 AM »
the fact you're working SO HARD to discredit another republican speaks volumes to us, Beach Bum.

You see that 538.com prediction?  You're nervous - Liberal or Libertarian in the white house in 2012, which is worse?

LOL...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 11:33:39 AM »
the fact you're working SO HARD to discredit another republican speaks volumes to us, Beach Bum.

You see that 538.com prediction?  You're nervous - Liberal or Libertarian in the white house in 2012, which is worse?

LOL...

Who is "us"?  LOL.  This morning has the potential to be very funny.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »
LMFAO... You sound like a cranky 240 whining about Sarah palin.  When you're down to bitching about Ron paul's VOICE, it's clear to everyone here you're beyond nit-picking.  You are seriously threatened by Ron Paul in 2012.  This should give a great deal of hope to potential swing voters.  

I got mocked when I disliked Palin so much, considered her such an embarassment to the GOP, that I pointed out that smarmy "told ya so" voice and finger pointing in speeches was annoying.   Now you're doing it.  I respect it, you hate and fear ron paul that much.  But wow, it's incredible, I never thought we'd see the day when you're picking on a republican for his whiny voice.

1.  He does not have good presence.  That includes his speaking voice and his delivery.  It is disjointed at times, sounds whiney, and just isn't very good.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »
Who is "us"?  LOL.  This morning has the potential to be very funny.   :)

this is perhaps one of the funniest dynamics we've had on getbig for so long, dude!

You hve dyed-in-wool liberal shitbags like myself defending ron paul against conservative stawlarts such as yourself. 

I'm shaking my head at the ridiculousness of it, that getbig debates are at this point. 

I admit, I'm the most inconsistent, irrational debater here - and you're one of the most consistent.  You always back the GOp frontrunner.  until now.

While I still think mitt will win the nomination, this may be the best getbig entertainment from 2011/2012 race.