Author Topic: cardio?  (Read 997 times)

yates fan

• Getbig III
cardio?
« on: December 23, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
if i have all the time in the day,i.e. work at a gym. would it be better if i was gonna do 90min to 2 hrs of cardio,to do it all at once or say 45-60 min first thing on empty stomach and then 2 or 3 20 min sessions thru the day,i was wondering if this would keep me in a fat burning state longer,since your heart rate stays up even after the session is done.

newmom

Re: cardio?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »
Depends, what exactly are you doing cardio for? Are you talking 90 min for the week, day? What type of cardio, if you mean walking on the treadmill, honestly, that don't do shit IMO.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 08:03:09 AM »
That sounds like too much to me.  First thing in the morning, than maybe like a half hour late afternoon or early evening.  Two things to remember, you should do at least 30 minutes of cardio for it to have an effect. Second, if you do too much, you will place too much stress on your body, which will increase your cortisol levels and it will actually inhibit your weight loss. 

Cardio in the morning, lift weights in the evening, get on a diet.  Thats really all you need.

Just my .02

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 08:14:20 AM »
Depends, what exactly are you doing cardio for? Are you talking 90 min for the week, day? What type of cardio, if you mean walking on the treadmill, honestly, that don't do shit IMO.

Running mom, I disagree.  I damaged my arm years ago and after the operation I couldn't lift weights for almost 2 months. Running was to jarring and painful for my arm. I was on the track team in high school and college. I know what hard running is.

I started walking at 3.8 MPH on a treadmill.  My method was walk a level grade for a quarter mile.  Every quarter mile or 400 meters I would raise the incline 1%. So the first lap was zero incline and the second was 1%.  The third was at a 2% incline and so on. I would go as high as I could to exhaustion then reward myself with a 0% last lap incline. I did this for about 4 weeks.  When I went for my first run I flew like wind.  Walking fast on a treadmill is very hard work especially on an incline.  Even now from time to time I do a walking work out and it kicks ass.